First in Knowledge of Higher Worlds

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2000
      Hello dear ones,

      In Rudolf Steiner's KNOWLEDGE OF THE HIGHER WORLDS (or now translated, i
      believe, as HOW TO ATTAIN KNOWLEDGE OF HIGHER WORLDS--), we read that first
      on the path to higher knowledge we must develop a sense of awe, devotion,
      reverence.

      Another i recently read (author unknown) said,
      ~~"Without worship you shrink! It's as brutal as that!"

      On a similar note,
      one of the characters in the novel i am writing down says,
      ~~"Find something to praise, and you have a story. And even lament is the
      daughter of praise."

      (That latter sentence on lament echoes Rilke in THE SONNETS TO ORPHEUS.)

      Higher knowledge, or Wisdom, then, we are told, opens to us as we find
      ourselves in a state or awe, wonder, devotion, or praise.

      Let us bring back, if you will, the *praise singer* role in our
      societies!--And let us find each day and night that which is worthy of awe
      and praise!

      Pace e Bene,