Widow Maker Blair among the flowers

  • starbirdgarden
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2003
      When Holy Bee visits flowers, even those that are dark and poisonous a=
      nd
      enclosed, looking earthward, like the deep purple Monkshood, something is g=
      ifted as
      well as stolen.
      Bee does not say "I will not go there, into those darkest blooms, through t=
      hose
      ancient portals into the treacherous realm of those `Wee folk, bad folk'….w=
      hose home
      is in the hollow hills. Instead I will take only the open road of the Rose,=
      the rich
      golden pollen-fields of the Day's Eye, the freely offered Honeysuckle cornu=
      copia……
      where the holy lance rests on the fealty of day's knighthood, where the goo=
      d fairies
      of the three wishes live."
      Melissa-Bee disappears inside the sinister brother-hooded flower,into =
      night
      consciousness and takes what can be lifted and transformed, and hums the hu=
      m of
      Cosmic Comforter, which promises redemption to all the extended, enchanted =
      cells
      and shapes of extruded Adam Cadmon, tells the tale of Mani, leaves a promis=
      sory
      kiss on the pollen dusted lips and takes something of the darkness out and =
      through
      and into the light.
      Even though the plants may lie upon a declining line, even though they=
      bear seeds
      and juices of death and hallucination, Bee can still save something powerfu=
      l and
      precious.
      The linkage of the name Blair with Manichaeism has been dripped regularly =
      into the
      newspapers for several years now, and, again (shoot me down in flames if yo=
      u will) is
      done purposely, at least on one level. The concept is dualism, there is ne=
      ver the
      mention of transformation. Nothing is to be redeemed, only destroyed. Manic=
      haeism
      is presented as a battle between light and dark, good and evil. Once again =
      Mani's
      flayed skin is hung out to dry, over a strange portal.
      This, to me, is almost comforting. Mani is feared. While the battle g=
      oes on, ding
      dong, tossed from horn to horn of the beast, ideology battles ideology, (al=
      l such
      parties and ideas are actually beings to whom people adhere, stuck like fli=
      es on a fly
      paper) while this mud slinging goes on, nothing is raised to Michael.
      To return to Joksu's thread of Initiation (which I am still inwardly c=
      ontemplating
      with questions ) it seems to me that the path of initiation in each life is=
      now unique,
      although obviously conforming to the Template of Christian Initiation, as l=
      ived by
      Steiner and others mentioned on this forum.

      We are strategically placed, each one within the stream of karma and best
      usefullness. In the past, karma was more a matter of obeying or transgress=
      ing laws,
      and so was the business of Moses. The Ego develops and grows in two direct=
      ions, in
      knowledge of material, and even sub material world, where `material girl' M=
      adonna is
      queen, where Big Brother has us by the neck. And into the spiritual world =
      where
      Christ is Brother of man, and the Divine Sophia enthroned in heart-mind. Th=
      e two
      edged sword is dangerous. We all suffer wounds.
      Knowledge of Christ as Lord of karma is actually the means whereby the =
      light is
      generated in the soul which enables us to see Him in the etheric. Steiner =
      tells how we
      will increasingly be aware that we shall have to speak with and offer our d=
      eeds to
      Christ after death, and that this very awareness, felt during life generate=
      s the
      necessary light. This is an all important thought.
      And so Karma is the business of Christ. Moses and Elijah, the Two Witne=
      sses, even
      they must lie for three days in echo of old initiation in the streets of th=
      e city. And they
      are able to stand in Transfiguration, going on, have passed through the New=

      Initiation right into the vision of John, the promise that we too may sound=
      our own
      individual note in the singing of the New City. The Two Witnesses are cruci=
      al to the
      times to come. Think on.
      Because John has seen it, revealed it, it is possible, this Golden City=
      , which cometh
      down out of heaven, descending by grace as well as by the sweat of sacrific=
      e and
      inner human toil.
      Each must follow his/her own road, always aware of and listening to ot=
      hers met
      along the way, but undeviating and firm once the path is shown.
      For each there comes a holy moment, one defining blessed bestowal of l=
      ight,
      usually undeserved, which shows us who we are and where we are to go. Stein=
      er too
      was reminded of himself, shown his way ahead. Even the Initiate may forget=
      , step
      into the enchanted forest and lose his way, the light shining on armour may=
      dazzle.
      A plus of getting older ( I am 55) is the chance to look back along t=
      he path of life
      and see the initiating moments, echoes past lives, seeds of future tasks th=
      at are
      strewn everywhere, disguised, in symbol, in suffering and encounter. I can=
      see many
      such moments, and now some of their counterparts and fruits, some still onl=
      seedlings.
      Once called, there is nowhere to go but on. Our relationship to Rudolf=
      Steiner,
      Manes and other Initiates is also personal and unique, as is the relationsh=
      ip to Christ
      Himself.
      One such moment came to me when I was about eleven, and someone used th=
      word `gently' in a quite ordinary conversation. So what? People use words=
      all the
      time. But I heard this word. This one word sung and sounded in my head an=
      d heart
      and was an utterly defining moment. It lit up a way, as ideal, the voice o=
      f someone
      speaking from another level of consciousness. It defined the path I aspire=
      d to,
      changed my life, although the person who spoke it never knew it.
      Bee led, we do not need to apologise for going into darkest places, be=
      cause we do
      not seek to live there, but to bring what we may into the light. Once ligh=
      ted, Ahriman
      is disarmed. Steiner never tired of alerting people to the presence of Ahr=
      iman.
      Yes, awakening does indeed reveal the adversaries. Steiner explained =
      that fear,
      albeit unconscious was what prevents us all from becoming consciously clair=
      voyant.
      Of course, there are degrees of clairvoyance, and beings do not necessarily=
      announce
      themselves by their true names. The most evil being may appear in glory.
      They have indeed carved up the body, but there is necessity here too. =
      It may be
      more accurate to say that they experience both themselves and us in the bod=
      y, as we
      are largely unconscious of their activity.
      Fear is the medium in which they sew their seeds. This is why the int=
      ernet and
      conspiracy `theory' claims so many victims in mental disturbance. It is not=
      an easy
      path. But we, who by grace have come by the light of Michael, need not fea=
      r, but go
      where our inner sense of truth leads us, each one bringing something indisp=
      ensable,
      whether it is work in one field or another.
      Back to Holy Bee. Steiner fascinatingly tells of how the poison in th=
      e body of the
      bee is not for defence in terms of stinging. The bee goes gently, and lets=
      you stroke
      her. The poison is related to the human Ego, and the bee needs the same fo=
      rce that
      in the human circulates fluid, pulsing through the heart, transforming phys=
      ical blood
      into etheric. Shakespeare wrote "Where the Bee sucks, therre suck I" (I am)=
      Bee works
      and weaves in circulating, potentised etheric ethers, fluids so sensitively=
      formed, so
      rhythmically stirred by stars and winds and seasons that they are organs of=
      hearing
      …….Holy Bee can hear the Stars. She tells these secrets, secretes honey, d=
      ances her
      mazy dance among the flowers that are passing one another on the road, some=

      climbing, some declining. Holy Bee knows the dervish dancing of potent ene=
      rgies, is
      part of sacred giving and taking that never blames or criticises.
      Some tiny Bees come every year to a special muddy clay patch in my garden,=
      mines
      the London-clay-earth which I keep moist, takes infinitesimal bites and fli=
      es away in
      bee line, carrying earth into heaven to some high place where a hive is bui=
      lt. Again
      and again they make the journey. I watch them fly so high into the sky tha=
      t I cannot
      follow them, bee lined to the chosen site.
      My own way is bee-ward. Bless you on way, whatever it is, wherever it l=
      eads. Go
      gently,
      Jan
    • vikingmusic
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2003
        What a fine message! Full of truth and beauty. I will read this
        again, and drink form its clear stream.

        thank you
        Mark

        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "starbirdgarden"

      • joksu57
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30, 2003
          Hello Jan & all!

          Thanks for your rich contributions! Knowledge of Christ as Lord of
          karma is really an essential point.And in some sense Christ Jesus
          brought us a new understanding about karma.Bearing our "cross"
          willingly can make the roses grow out of the cross, and then the
          burden is light...

          I'm on vacation and soon temporarily without internet-connections.
          But it seems that in this forum there will be a lot of interesting
          reading, when I'm back... So many interesting threads, thank you
          friends!

          Warm Regards
          Joksu

          <starbirdgarden@b...> wrote:
> [...]
          >
          > climbing, some declining. Holy Bee knows the dervish dancing of
          potent ene=
          > rgies, is
          > part of sacred giving and taking that never blames or criticises.
          > Some tiny Bees come every year to a special muddy clay patch in
          my garden,=
          > mines
          > the London-clay-earth which I keep moist, takes infinitesimal
          bites and fli=
          > es away in
          > bee line, carrying earth into heaven to some high place where a
          hive is bui=
          > lt. Again
          > and again they make the journey. I watch them fly so high into
          the sky tha=
          > t I cannot
          > follow them, bee lined to the chosen site.
          > My own way is bee-ward. Bless you on way, whatever it is,
        • jan
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2003
            Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Widow Maker Blair among the flowers On 30/7/03 4:04 pm, "vikingmusic" <vikingmusic@...> wrote:

            What a fine message! Full of truth and beauty. I will read this
            again, and drink form its clear stream.

            thank you
            Mark

            From Jan – Hello Mark, good to ‘meet you’ although I am late in replying as for some reason I have only just discovered this email in my inbox.  Your ‘Viking Music’ address brings a welcome thought of the cool North into an overheated August day.
                 As the internet arose out of weaponry-technology, I am all the happier that we can  send a thought-thread spinning into the ether, and another is thinking and spinning their thoughts out too, and where they cross a meeting can take place!  So we life the ether-net out of the realm of sub ethers into the Humanly-Michael-spun ‘Golden Fleece’ of the lifted etheric body...thank you for your enthusiasm and interest,
            Jan

            <starbirdgarden@b...> wrote:
> [...]
            >
            > climbing, some declining.  Holy Bee knows the dervish dancing of
            potent ene=
            > rgies, is
            > part of sacred giving and taking that never blames or criticises.
            >  Some tiny Bees come every year to a special muddy clay patch in my
            garden,=
            >  mines
            > the London-clay-earth which I keep moist, takes infinitesimal bites
            and fli=
            > es away in
            > bee line, carrying earth into heaven to some high place where a
            hive is bui=
            > lt. Again
            > and again they make the journey.  I watch them fly so high into the
            sky tha=
            > t I cannot
            > follow them, bee lined to the chosen site.
            >     My own way is bee-ward. Bless you on way, whatever it is,

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3625325.4914071.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705077360:HM/A=1695348/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?page=1374-105951838331032>