Astral Weeks

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2000
      THE "SOUL-CALENDAR" WEEK

      Here is the Soul-Calendar verse for the 2nd week after Easter, in German
      and English. Spiritual Science’s Soul Calendar is 52 meditative verses
      designed to enable a meditator to experience the astral or soul events within
      us in the course of the year.

      *******THE MANTRAM*******
      Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls
      Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;
      Es finden Geisteswelten
      Den Menschensprossen wieder,
      Der seinen Keim in ihnen,
      Doch seine Seelenfrucht
      In sich muss finden.

      In outer World of the Senses
      Thinking’s might loses its Self-existence;
      The Spiritual Worlds find
      The offspring of Man again,
      Whose seed is in them
      But who must find its Soul-Fruit,
      Within itself.

      ***For those not familiar with the use of mantrams:
      Anthroposophy is a Western path of knowledge which begins with the use of
      the ordinary logical mind; then, an intensification process can be begun by
      the use of visual images called "Imaginations", and/or reciting mantrams
      which leads a step higher to "Inspirations." The meaning of the words of a
      mantra at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather the repetitive
      recitation of them and entering with deeper soul-forces into the inner
      experience of what is described. Also, these mantrams were created in the
      German language and have their rhythm in this, so that learning an English
      version is just a step to learning to use the real mantram in the original.
      (Chanting "the jewel in the lotus" is different from "Om mani padme hum.")
      Steiner spoke often of the specialness of German, and how it had preserved
      words lost by other Indo-Aryan languages, and that it could become what
      Sanskrit was in olden times: the language in which spirit-truths are
      expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve tried to keep close to the original
      so that one can easily step from the English to the German.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y*

      In addition to the mantrams, the Soul-Calendar contains 12 drawings of
      the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
      cosmos in the daytime, and the Moon's position in the constellations was
      given for each night, to sense the lunar forces each evening. The Sun,
      according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Aries to April 30th in our
      era and then comes under the influence of Taurus from May 1st on.
      (Unfortunately we can’t send the images of the constellations through this
      medium yet.) The Moon positions and phases are listed here for each night,
      along with some of the birth & death days of famous persons, saints, etc.,
      published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are
      fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to
      restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
      connections.

      SUNDAY April 30th. Moon Pisces. Seneca assassinated 65 A.D. Gauss (the
      mathematician) born 1777.
      *******SUN Enters TAURUS*******
      MONDAY May 1st. Moon Pisces. Walpurgis.
      TUESDAY May 2nd. Moon Aries. Leonardo da Vinci died 1519. Novalis born
      1772.
      WEDNESDAY May 3rd. Moon Aries. New Moon. Empress Helena found the
      Cross of Christ in Jerusalem 326 A.D.
      THURSDAY May 4th. Moon Taurus. Monica, mother of Augustine dies 387 A.D.
      FRIDAY May 5th. Moon Taurus. Columbus discovers America 1492.
      SATURDAY May 6th. Moon Gemini. John, writer of the Gospel and the
      Apocalypse.

      Dr.
      Starman*******