Re: Medicinal Compound

    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Maurice McCarthy
      <maurice.mccarthy@b...> wrote:
      I have seen her heal a child's broken collar
      > bone in 3 days and mend a savage cut without stitches. Comfrey was
      also
      > called knitbone of old. Another herb, which I cannot remember
      though it was
      > administered with lady's mantle, opened the cut, cleaned it and
      then closed
      > it
      >
      > Very Best Wishes
      > Maurice McCarthy

      Paracelsus and Anthro medicine under fire in Europe, at least to the
      best of my understanding of German.

      benjamin.zoellner@...

      Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen,

      seit heute läuft die Kampagne "Naturarznei hilft. Auch gesetzlich
      Versicherten. Keinen §34 neu". Diese Kampagne, die über den
      Dachverband Anthroposophische Medizin www.damid.de auch von der
      Weleda AG unterstützt wird, ist für unsere Arzneimittel von zentraler
      Bedeutung. Nach den Reformplänen der Regierung wird es künftig (bis
      auf wenige Ausnahmen) keine Arzneimittel der Anthroposophischen
      Medizin für gesetzlich Versicherte mehr geben. Die Folgen für die
      Anthroposophische Medizin und für die Firma Weleda sind
      schwerwiegend. Methodenpluralismus und Therapiefreiheit werden
      dadurch in Deutschland faktisch außer Kraft gesetzt.

      Sorgen Sie mit Ihrer Unterstützung der Kampagne (Eintragung in die
      Unterschriftsliste unter www.naturarzneihilft.de ), dass diese
      unsinnige und schädliche Regelung nicht umgesetzt wird ! Sprechen Sie
      Ihre Freunde und Verwandten an. Es gilt jetzt massenhaften
      Bürgerwillen zu artikulieren.

      Damit Ihre Unterschrift gezählt wird, müssen Sie das e-mail, das Sie
      nach Eintragung in die Unterschriftsliste erhalten, zurücksenden.

      Mit herzlichen Grüßen

      Nikolai Keller

      Justiziar Weleda AG

      Leitung Geschäftsfelder Recht

      und Gesundheitspolitik
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
        http://ei.cs.vt.edu/~history/Turing.html

        "He was using a very precise mathematical approach to the problem.
        This gives some insight into his strong belief in the close relation
        between nature and math. Turing's ultimate goal was to merge already
        established biological theory with mathematics and computers to
        create his intelligent, multi-purpose machine. He saw the development
        of these leaves as nothing more than a simple set of steps, an
        algorithm. This matched the basic concept of his 'Turing Machine.'

        Turing died on June 7, 1954 from what the medical examiners described
        as, "self-administered potassium cyanide while in a moment of mental
        imbalance." Other reasons for his death have surfaced. His mother
        claimed that he used to experiment with household chemicals, trying
        to create new substances and became careless. Others claim he was
        homosexual and killed himself to prevent embarrassment."

        Bradford comments;

        What an amazing, lifting Waldorf penetrating study in biography and
        scientific insights that Starbirgarden downloaded. Waldorf Teachers
        could learn from this.

        Cyanide, was not only the drink of choice for spies, but as Steiner
        has indicated, deadly to fragmenting the spiritual composition of
        Man. Cyanide is used to get the Gold Process going. Huge deep sunk
        holes of cyanide used to soak and clarify the Gold, the Sun Forces.

        Cyanide was used to gas the Holocaust victims. Zyclon B it was
        called. Cyanide is that element in comets, that make them renegades
        to the cosmic order and that is why when we understand the planetary
        aspects of the seven fold structure of the human being and the
        ninefold structure of the human being we recognize the cohesive
        planetary Logos.

        Gold, as has been researched here many times, is that which carries
        the compassion and sun forces of the heart and conscience as well as
        small trace elements in sperm and the 'gold mist' used by butterflies
        when they entomb themselves and decay and pray to the Father and the
        Seraphim.

        This Seriphic Father element, the Father forces were the very forces
        that Christ was left with, as the cosmic human imago or imagio, was
        lit, to become the cohesive matter and atom booster that allows man
        to have a Spirit Man. These compassionate fission forces now flow
        through nature and humanity as a fine, fine gold substance. Atma and
        Spirit Man...and the Ahrimanic symptomolgy of the renegade comets who
        have orbits, wide afield and refused to particpate with the lawful
        development of the Planetary Logos.

        Halley's comet and Mark Twain are tied together in some sort of the
        same renegade reality. Only as previously stated, if you want to meet
        Ahriman, as Mark Twain seems to have done, you read Twain's -
        Mysterious Stranger.. My name is cyanide and I'm not from around here.

        Math and the music of the spheres was revealed by Steiner in the
        relations between the numbers of the atomic table. Gad Zooks,
        Chemical ethers and real research, what will happen next?

        Thank-you Starbirgarden
        Thank-you Jan for such an amazing ride
        To Bill Gates and beyond.
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
          http://enchantedmind.com/html/nutrition/clustered_water.html

          "Many scientists studying mortality now believe that aging itself is
          really a disease, and not the inevitable experience of the biological
          organism. A French scientist, Dr. Alexis Carrel, received the Nobel
          Prize for keeping the cells of a chicken heart alive for 34 years.
          Dr. Carrel concluded: "The cell is immortal. It is merely the fluid
          (water) in which it floats that degenerates. Renew this fluid at
          intervals, give the cells what they require for nutrition, and as far
          as we know, the pulsation of life may go on forever." Dehydration of
          the cells is considered a major factor in the aging process.

          The water we drink differs substantially from the intracellular water
          in our bodies. Tap water has a surface tension of approximately 73
          dynes. The water in our cells has a surface tension of approximately
          45 dynes. One of the jobs of metabolism is to reduce the surface
          tension of the water we drink so that the body can absorb it, rather
          than pass it through the kidneys and expel it.

          To synthesize these two basic ideas, when the body becomes dehydrated
          the organs are less able to pool hydrogen, and it is this pool of
          hydrogen which helps to protect against free-radical damage. Szent-
          Gyorgyi wrote in his book The Living State: "Attaching hydrogen to a
          molecule means lending energy to it. Since in hydrogen the electron
          and proton are loosely coupled, by attaching hydrogen we essentially
          attach an electron."

          If dehydration also assists the production of free radical damage
          then one of our primary concerns in maintaining health is to properly
          hydrate the body. One way to do this is to drink water that has
          already had the surface tension reduced so that the body can readily
          absorb it. These waters are known as clustered water and many
          companies are now producing just such water. I personally drink a
          clustered water along with a product that will add colloidal minerals
          and negatively charged hydrogen. This product was created by Dr.
          Patrick Flanagan and is known as Microhydrin. Microhydrin will reduce
          the surface tension of purified water allowing greater conductivity
          in body fluids. Therefore, not only is the water rendered more useful
          to the body, but the negative hydride ions also act as a potent
          antioxidant. Thus both essential needs of the body, proper cellular
          hydration and free radical scavenging are accomplished by using this
          one product.

          Research has also shown that water has "memory" and that the shape of
          the water molecule has a great influence on how the water is
          assimmilated in the body. When "healing waters" from around the world
          are examined on a molecular scale their structure tends to form a
          beautifully symetrica six pointed star. In the few locations where
          these specific waters do exist naturally, the people are known to
          lead long, vibrant lives without many of the health problems that are
          prevalent in western society. See article on Clustered Water ™"

          Bradford comments;

          Chromotography was used by Pfeiffer to determine the cohesive
          nutrional value of various supermarket and biodynamic foods. The
          Formative forces, the etheric formative forces made a visible picture
          of the nutritional cohesion of the tested foods. One could see the
          formative forces, just as one can enter the Hydrogen and Iron forces
          of the Sun and see the glacier and crystal snow flake formations with
          Hexagon, foundational life force imagery. What surprises I had when
          working with Dr. Scharf in Spring Valley and Erica the old woman who
          took up Dr. Pfieffers work. Carrots tasted more than carrots, apples
          more than apples.. tomatoes more than tomatoes one could experience
          biodyamic tastes all the way down to ones toes.

          The facts are that Water, drinking lots and lots of water would take
          out many of the ailments humanity suffers from. Fast Food,
          Hydroginated Fats and all kinds of sugar laced soft drinks are the
          kind of poison condition that the soul is embedded in which fights
          against the human being even developing higher faculties of thinking.

          Your Body's Many Cries for Water
          by Feyedoon Batmanghelidj M.D.

          A Book Review by
          TREVOR JAMES CONSTABLE

          "RARE indeed are those books destined to become all-time classics.
          Even rarer are books destined to accomplish a paradigm shift in any
          major area of modern knowledge. Of still greater rarity are books
          destined to benefit significantly the health of countless millions of
          human beings, at no cost to them. Such a landmark book is Your Body's
          Many Cries for Water by Dr. F. Batmanghelidj. He is a London-educated
          Iranian medical doctor who has made revolutionary discoveries about
          the water metabolism of the human body. His astounding basic
          breakthrough was made while he was confined to a Teheran prison, this
          being a unique circumstance in itself.

          Dr. Batmanghelidj is of aristocratic lineage in his native Iran, and
          when the Shah was overthrown, the doctor was arrested and jailed with
          more than 3,000 other well-born victims of the Khomeini revolution.
          While these unfortunates wore awaiting execution, Dr. Batmanghelidj
          was assigned as their medical officer — pending his own appearance
          before a firing squad. He had no medical resources other than water,
          in an environment pervaded by stress and terror. Indeed, the doctor
          found himself incarcerated in a gigantic stress laboratory.

          This became the milieu in which fundamental discoveries were made
          regarding the medicinal and functional value of water. These are
          discoveries that have eluded giant medical trusts, vast hospital
          complexes, battalions of medical professors, universities that boast
          about their sophisticated research facilities, and all the vaunted
          resources of the pharmaceutical industry. None of them, or indeed,
          all of them combined, were capable: of penetrating to the bedrock of
          human health: adequate daily water intake.

          Without realizing it initially, Dr. Batmanghelidj was working with
          clinical controls in place. Prison discipline enabled him to follow
          up his patients, who had no possibility of evasion. Forced to use
          water medicinally, and water alone, Dr. Batmanghelidj was astonished
          in following up his patients, to find that water was effecting full
          cures of diverse, normally ineradicable diseases. These cures
          occurred in a complete fashion not seen in response to medication,
          which "treats" or "controls" such recalcitrant and diverse diseases
          as asthma, arthritis, high blood pressure and ulcers. Official
          medicine has only palliatives for these conditions, not cures.

          If such diseases do not bother you personally, just ask anyone so
          afflicted how frustrating it is to be perpetually treated but never
          cured, by doctors who are manifestly flummoxed by such diseases. This
          bafflement and medical inability to effect cures is almost universal
          in orthodox medicine, and largely accounts for the stupendous and
          ever-mounting cost of medical care. People get treated, not cured.
          They are not cured because the basic cause of their diseases is not
          known to classical medicine. America harbors and husbands a vast army
          of people receiving medical "treatment".

          Dr. Batmanghelidj was blessed by a first class medical training at
          St. Mary's Hospital Medical School of London University, one of the
          most respected medical schools in the western world. He was one of
          the last students of the eminent discoverer of penicillin, Sir
          Alexander Fleming. Thus steeped in classical orthodoxy, Dr.
          Batmanghelidj was totally embarrassed to find that water was doing in
          a dependable way, what medication had never been able to do. In his
          classical medical training, like orthodox doctors world-wide, Dr.
          Batmanghelidj was taught that it was the solid material in the body
          (the solute) that was important. Only an incidental status was
          assigned to the solvent aspects of the human body — to water.

          Irrefutable clinical experience in the controlled prison environment,
          forced the doctor to conclude that conventional medicine -- of which
          he was himself a product — was hobbled and handicapped by a false
          paradigm. The false paradigm undergirded, and locked in place, the
          illusion that water was not significant in human metabolism compared
          with the solutes, with which medical "science" has been vainly
          wrestling, generation after generation. The truth of basic human
          functioning, as Dr. Batmanghelidj's research progressively confirmed,
          is that the solvent (water) and not the solute, plays the cardinal
          role in human health.

          Orthodox medicine has been ineffective in dealing with a wide
          spectrum of diseases, whose etiology is classically listed
          as "unknown," because it has this fundamental polarity of solute and
          solvent back-to-front. The ramified and fundamental role of water has
          simply not been comprehended. After three years doing basic research
          in the Teheran prison, Dr. Batmanghelidj was released, and came to
          America. Here he continued his pathfinding research on the water
          metabolism of the human body for a further decade or more. He worked
          with established institutions like the University of Pennsylvania,
          lectured widely to physicians, and wrote learned papers for
          professional publications such as the Journal of Gastroenterology.
          The fallout from Dr. Batmanghelidj's exertions included a large
          number of completely cured persons who had been chronically afflicted
          with "incurable" diseases. Medical doctors were among these people.

          Slowly but surely, numerous intelligent medical doctors and
          researchers who studied his work, overcame the same embarrassment
          that had consumed Dr. Batmanghelidj, when he first began
          comprehending the cardinal role of water in human health and
          functioning. Like Dr. Batmanghelidj, these enlightened physicians
          came to realize that medicine was confronting a fundamental paradigm
          shift. Some of these board-certified physicians are quoted in the
          book. More physicians are recognizing this central truth as the
          months pass.

          Nothing so radical, in the root-meaning of that word, had ever
          happened to medical knowledge in the history of the world. Chronic
          dehydration was being identified as the fundamental matrix from which
          most human diseases emerge. This book will leave you in no doubt that
          America's deplorable and desperate health care crisis is born of
          dehydration, midwifed by medical inability to deal effectively with
          diseases whose etiology in dehydration is not understood. Almost
          every disease arising out of dehydration is attacked with medication,
          or combinations of medications. Sickness therefore proliferates,
          while the sick cry out in many different ways for water — cries to
          which doctors are deaf.

          Countless ingrained cultural and social customs of modern America,
          such as not drinking sufficient water, and guzzling phenomenal
          quantities of diuretic soft drinks and diuretic coffee and tea,
          reinforce chronic dehydration as the number one health menace in
          America. Dr. Batmanghelidj emphasizes that drinking coffee, soft
          drinks and juices does not counter dehydration or meet the body's
          water needs. The only way out is by drinking water.

          Elusive and seemingly unrelated conditions like dyspeptic pain,
          stress and depression, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure,
          excess body weight, chronic fatigue, arthritis, asthma and allergies,
          insulin-independent diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, back problems and
          a host of lesser complaints that bedevil human beings, have all
          yielded to the ingestion of adequate daily water. Dr. Batmanghelidj
          identifies Alzheimer's as due to dehydration of the brain.

          Eight 8-ounce glasses daily is the recommended regimen advocated by
          Dr. Batmanghelidj, to keep the human body fully hydrated. For each
          cup of coffee or other caffeinated drink, an additional, compensating
          eight-ounce glass of water is required.

          Perhaps the most welcome and convincing finding of Dr. Batmanghelidj
          is the key role played by dehydration in creating back ailments in
          human beings. The spinal discs consist of about eighty percent water.
          When these discs atrophy through varying degrees of dehydration, an
          afflicted human is off on one of the most miserable medical merry-go-
          rounds known to man. The human spine has to support about 75 percent
          of body weight. Without fully-hydrated and resilient spinal discs,
          the spine cannot perform its function properly. "Back problems"
          ensue. Abnormal physical and nervous pressures develop and vertebrae
          become misplaced as the spinal discs collapse. In the U.S.A., such
          back problems are now on an epidemic scale, largely defy physicians
          and surgeons, and endlessly persecute the afflicted.

          Dr. Batmanghelidj has found that rehydration restores the integrity
          and resilience of the spinal discs. Simple exercises he has devised,
          create a natural vacuum effect: that draws the needed water back into
          the discs, whose proper bearing function is thereby eventually
          normalized. Contrast this with the dead-end, mechanistic "back
          surgery" that now consumes hundreds of millions of dollars in
          surgeons' fees and hospital costs every year.

          Back pains are among the body's many cries for water, from which Dr.
          Batmanghelidj's book has appropriately taken its title. The horrific
          wheezing of an asthmatic, which is one of the most embarrassing and
          distressing things anyone can witness, is similarly the body crying
          for water. Dr. Batmanghelidj has demonstrated that asthma is due to
          the body's natural histamines constricting the lungs to limit any
          further loss of water via the breath. The person so afflicted is
          desperately dehydrated. In the prison environment in Iran, adequate
          water provided a cure for asthma — one of the astonishing clinical
          results that first started Dr. Batmanghelidj thinking about the
          medicinal power of water.

          Dr. Batmanghelidj views the way hypertension is classically treated
          as "scientific absurdity". The dehydrated body is desperately trying
          to hang on to its water volume. Uncomprehending physicians intervene
          with diuretics and literally force more water out of an already
          dehydrated body. The author gives lucid, comprehensible descriptions
          of the exquisite hydraulic design and engineering of the human body,
          and the diverse functions of the cells, capillaries and membranes as
          they operate to compensate for dehydration. If the body's many cries
          for water are ignored, as they are in contemporary America,
          degenerative diseases are the inevitable consequence. A congress
          scrabbling to deal financially with an avalanche of degenerative
          disease, is verification enough that the time has come for a new
          medical paradigm."
        • Maurice McCarthy
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
            Thanks for your many insights Bradford,

            There may be someone on board who can translate the German for me. Are you
            anything to do with Arthur Versluis's project and the Esoteria netmag?

            Kindest Regards
            Maurice McCarthy
            home email <maurice.mccarthy@...>
            work email <maurice.mccarthy@...>

            -----------------------------------

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
              Bradford quoted

              TREVOR JAMES CONSTABLE

              "Eight 8-ounce glasses daily is the recommended regimen advocated by
              Dr. Batmanghelidj, to keep the human body fully hydrated. For each
              cup of coffee or other caffeinated drink, an additional, compensating
              eight-ounce glass of water is required."

              This is exactly the quantity Heather demanded her patients drink of her
              teas. "Minimum," she would say, to make sure that they did.

              "... The horrific
              wheezing of an asthmatic, which is one of the most embarrassing and
              distressing things anyone can witness, is similarly the body crying
              for water. Dr. Batmanghelidj has demonstrated that asthma is due to
              the body's natural histamines constricting the lungs to limit any
              further loss of water via the breath. The person so afflicted is
              desperately dehydrated. In the prison environment in Iran, adequate
              water provided a cure for asthma - one of the astonishing clinical
              results that first started Dr. Batmanghelidj thinking about the
              medicinal power of water."

              The two most important herbs in the whole of Britain are the commonest
              weeds. The stinging nettle and the dandelion. "Most people think you take
              oxygen through the lungs, you don't, you take it through the stomach.
              Nettles carry oxygen to the lung so that it can then work properly. Nettles
              clean the sewerage of the whole body, the lymphatic system. You wouldn't
              live in a house with a blocked toilet would you? So why live in a body with
              one? It is not true that the thymus atrophies with age. It atrophies with
              malnutrition. The cure is the nettle. You should wash your hair in nettle
              tea. Bathe yourself in it." It feels odd with no suds but I guarantee you it
              works.

              "The dandelion cleans the liver. The liver cleans the blood. The blood
              cleans its own arteries. Bypasses are useless. All disease is in the blood."
              Drinking dandelion does indeed make you pass a lot of water but it is
              cleaning you out.

              " Eat according to the seasons. When the nut is on the tree take it off and
              eat it. Freshly picked nuts are the cure for osteoporosis. They say it is a
              hormone deficiency but that too is malnutrition. Sit down at night and
              shell then eat a couple of pounds of nuts. No healthy bone is brittle but
              tough."

              Maurice McCarthy
              home email <maurice.mccarthy@...>
              work email <maurice.mccarthy@...>

            • snowplank
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                The review of Dr. Batmanghelidj's book is amazing. Thanks for that
                Bradford.

                I have been keeping an eye on the Clustered Water phenomenon for 2
                years now and I have to say that I am intensely sceptical of the
                companies who market and sell it. I admit that I could be 'throwing
                the baby out with the bath water' so to speak, as there could well be
                something in the clustered water theory, but I have a feeling about it
                that just won't go away. The following website lists one sceptic's
                inquiry...
                http://www.ntskeptics.org/2001/2001january/january2001.htm#cluster

                --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66" <holderlin66@h...>
                wrote:

> [...]
                trying
                > to hang on to its water volume. Uncomprehending physicians
                intervene
                > with diuretics and literally force more water out of an already
                > dehydrated body. The author gives lucid, comprehensible
                descriptions
                > of the exquisite hydraulic design and engineering of the human
                body,
                > and the diverse functions of the cells, capillaries and membranes
                as
                > they operate to compensate for dehydration. If the body's many
                cries
                > for water are ignored, as they are in contemporary America,
                > degenerative diseases are the inevitable consequence. A congress
                > scrabbling to deal financially with an avalanche of degenerative
                > disease, is verification enough that the time has come for a new
              • snowplank
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                  Hi Maurice,

                  Like Jan, I am fascinated by your connection to Heather and your
                  snippets of information pertaining to herbal remedies. May I ask
                  whether you know of any books I may read to acquire such knowledge?
                  Also, how do you suggest I prepare nettle tea and dandelion tea? I
                  realise that this may seem like a ridiculous question (if it simply
                  involves boiling the leaves) but I come from a generation who know
                  absolutely nothing of these things. Herbal remedies to my social
                  peers consist of either smoking "jazz cigarettes" or possibly green
                  tea ;o)

                  Cheers,

                  Paul

                  **************************

                  > This e-mail message may contain privileged/confidential
                  information.
                  > It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the
                  indicated
                  > addressee (or responsible for delivery to such a person)
                  > you shall neither read nor retain this message, copy or distribute
                  it to
                  > anyone, or use this e-mail for any other purpose. In such cases,
                  please
                  > destroy the message immediately and notify the sender by return
                  e-mail.

                  **************************
                • Maurice McCarthy
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                    Hi Paul, you asked about Heather and books.

                    I know of none. The only book I saw in her possession was the Royal
                    Horticultural Book of Plants and Herbs. Many of the things she did with
                    herbs were utterly different to the traditional uses listed there. She had
                    read all the traditional herbalists, from the ancient Greeks to Culpepper
                    etc., and like him used astrology to assist her work, which was her life.
                    What infuriated her most was that modern doctors do not abide by the
                    Hippocratic oath and harm their patients deliberately. "Question any ward
                    sister closely and you'll see that I am right. Iatrogenic genic diseases are
                    rife. Worse, their diagnoses are like the children's game 'pinning the tail
                    on the donkey'. They are blind to what is before their eyes. ... The most
                    damnable things are radiotherapy and chemotherapy. There is no natural cure
                    for the damage they cause. I've racked my brains, tried everything. Nothing
                    works. A natural disease or accident has a natural cure. ... The worst thing
                    in the home is the microwave." (Heather herself would not even have a
                    fridge.) "The microwave destroys the living goodnes in food, an invention of
                    the devil. Its bad enough that babies drink from bottles but to microwave it
                    for convenience as well is disastrous. It may even be the cause of rising
                    childhood asthema."

                    As for preparation boil nothing. The only exception being silver birch twigs
                    which are just coming into leaf. The silver birch cleanses the blood after
                    the winter, "Red Indian medicine." This should be simmered as gently as
                    possible for half an hour. Once the leaves are out use those. In fact she
                    would use almost any part of a plant. "They tell you not to pick plants
                    because 'they could harm you' then shovel chemicals in your food. There are
                    only 8 or 9 green plants that can harm you in this country (UK)." She did
                    seem to have a distrust of mushrooms though. Whether that was farmed
                    mushrooms only or not I never found out.

                    The only thing I ever saw her dilute was nettle tea for a dog. She halved it
                    with water. Children were given the same things as adults and in the same
                    strength, even new born babies. Nettles she tore up with her bare hands.
                    They were tough from rising early and collecting several times a week.
                    Gather a carrier bag full of nettles, I use gardening gauntlets myself. The
                    stinging hairs collect dust so I find it best to wash them. (You should have
                    seen the dirty look she gave me when I put them under the tap. "What are you
                    putting that filth on them for?" "But Heather, they are covered in dust!"
                    She shrugged her shoulders and let me get on with it.) Chop then on a board
                    to make the tea stronger and put them into the biggest pan you have. Pour on
                    boiling water or fill with water and only just bring to the boil and remove
                    the heat. Keep a lid on - the essential oils are very important.

                    It turns a pale yellowish green after 10 mins and should have a very light
                    refreshing taste. Left over night it has a very dark even black green
                    colour. This is the only tea I don't put lemon in. It seems to curdle the
                    chlorophyll. As I've said, the nettle is the idea of cleanliness made
                    life-form and, whereas with anything else the leaves etc can usually be used
                    2 or 3 times and, though weaker, some benefit is obtained but in the case of
                    the nettle it seems to self-clean its own leaves and I find it insipid if
                    used more than once. If it tastes off it is off, so put it on the garden or
                    on house plants and not down the sink. Return to the Earth what it has given
                    you.

                    The first time I tasted nettle it was like a dead weight on my stomach. "You
                    really need it then. Drink another pint." A small ailment which I'd had
                    since childhood, "bubbles in the legs", disappeared and has never returned.
                    The nettle now tastes clean and refreshing to me. Light. Once they start
                    dying back after flowering they should not be used. You will see it because
                    they turn black and 'mouldy' looking. Once when I was feeling dreadful from
                    too much alcolhol the night before ("Absolutely no alcohol." But she
                    produced a bottle of sloe wine she'd made herself at Christmas time. She
                    never ever mentioned smoking. Her patients usually just did not look for
                    cigarettes if they kept to the treatment. It was keeping them too it which
                    was frustrating. "The body can be cured but there is no cure for the head!")
                    so I drank a pint of silver birch, a pint of nettle and then another silver
                    birch, the silver birch with a whole lemon each time, and I was feeling on
                    top of the world in no time. I would not recommend it as regular practice
                    though, there could easily have been contingent factors.

                    Herbs are usually additive, you can put them in together. Her cauldron
                    (literally, she had a small cauldron perpetually on the stove) had holly,
                    ivy (N.B. British ivy and NOT US poison ivy) crab apples - not too many -
                    and heaven knows what always on the go. Elder is a panacea and very good at
                    balancing female hormones. Leaves, flowers or berries. The elder is the
                    tree of life found in every old church yard with its counterpart the yew, as
                    soft as death.

                    Couch grass gives you protein. "From spring to autumn all you need buy is
                    porridge. You can live easily off the land as long as you have clean water
                    and a little carbohydrate. Hawthorn clears blood clots and conditions the
                    blood against thromboses. It is not recommended to tell the wife that you
                    are going out to look for haws though, she might take it the wrong way. The
                    dandelion is also the cure for warts. Put its milky juice on every hour or
                    two until they turn black and eventually fall off after a few days. The same
                    thing happens with nitrogen freezing as used in surgeries now. "Chamomile is
                    the best source of calcium." !! (I don't think you'll find that in any herb
                    book.)

                    Must go to bed, I'm changing from nightshift to dayshift

                    Maurice McCarthy
                    maurice.mccarthy@...
                    maurice.mccarthy@...

                  • Maurice McCarthy
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                      Paul,

                      Chop the nettles to make the brew stronger. Heather used to sieve them into
                      a funnel with an old pair of nylons to remove the scum. She'd give patients
                      5 litres at a time. The point she wanted to instill was to adopt her
                      'treatments' as a food life-style. To contiue it forever. Few if any had the
                      strength of will to do this. Roy Castle is a grand example. The British
                      entertainer had a 'miraculous' recovery from cancer but lapsed in his ways.
                      He did not have the gall to go back and beg her help because she always
                      insisted she'd help no one twice. But she would if there was a chance they
                      would not repeat their mistakes. Indeed her own cancer was not helped by the
                      fact that she did not always practice what she preached.

                      Maurice

                    • snowplank
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 4, 2003
                        Many thanks Maurice. I could read this stuff all day!

                        Paul