RE: [anthroposophy] Medicinal Compound

  • Maurice McCarthy
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 2 10:38 AM
      Lee

      Even having said these things if now, without Heather, I had broken a bone I
      would go to the hospital myself

      Maurice

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 2 1:52 PM
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Maurice McCarthy
        <maurice.mccarthy@b...> wrote:
        I have seen her heal a child's broken collar
        > bone in 3 days and mend a savage cut without stitches. Comfrey was
        also
        > called knitbone of old. Another herb, which I cannot remember
        though it was
        > administered with lady's mantle, opened the cut, cleaned it and
        then closed
        > it
        >
        > Very Best Wishes
        > Maurice McCarthy

        Paracelsus and Anthro medicine under fire in Europe, at least to the
        best of my understanding of German.

        benjamin.zoellner@...

        Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen,

        seit heute läuft die Kampagne "Naturarznei hilft. Auch gesetzlich
        Versicherten. Keinen §34 neu". Diese Kampagne, die über den
        Dachverband Anthroposophische Medizin www.damid.de auch von der
        Weleda AG unterstützt wird, ist für unsere Arzneimittel von zentraler
        Bedeutung. Nach den Reformplänen der Regierung wird es künftig (bis
        auf wenige Ausnahmen) keine Arzneimittel der Anthroposophischen
        Medizin für gesetzlich Versicherte mehr geben. Die Folgen für die
        Anthroposophische Medizin und für die Firma Weleda sind
        schwerwiegend. Methodenpluralismus und Therapiefreiheit werden
        dadurch in Deutschland faktisch außer Kraft gesetzt.

        Sorgen Sie mit Ihrer Unterstützung der Kampagne (Eintragung in die
        Unterschriftsliste unter www.naturarzneihilft.de ), dass diese
        unsinnige und schädliche Regelung nicht umgesetzt wird ! Sprechen Sie
        Ihre Freunde und Verwandten an. Es gilt jetzt massenhaften
        Bürgerwillen zu artikulieren.

        Damit Ihre Unterschrift gezählt wird, müssen Sie das e-mail, das Sie
        nach Eintragung in die Unterschriftsliste erhalten, zurücksenden.

        Mit herzlichen Grüßen

        Nikolai Keller

        Justiziar Weleda AG

        Leitung Geschäftsfelder Recht

        und Gesundheitspolitik
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 2 2:48 PM
          http://ei.cs.vt.edu/~history/Turing.html

          "He was using a very precise mathematical approach to the problem.
          This gives some insight into his strong belief in the close relation
          between nature and math. Turing's ultimate goal was to merge already
          established biological theory with mathematics and computers to
          create his intelligent, multi-purpose machine. He saw the development
          of these leaves as nothing more than a simple set of steps, an
          algorithm. This matched the basic concept of his 'Turing Machine.'

          Turing died on June 7, 1954 from what the medical examiners described
          as, "self-administered potassium cyanide while in a moment of mental
          imbalance." Other reasons for his death have surfaced. His mother
          claimed that he used to experiment with household chemicals, trying
          to create new substances and became careless. Others claim he was
          homosexual and killed himself to prevent embarrassment."

          Bradford comments;

          What an amazing, lifting Waldorf penetrating study in biography and
          scientific insights that Starbirgarden downloaded. Waldorf Teachers
          could learn from this.

          Cyanide, was not only the drink of choice for spies, but as Steiner
          has indicated, deadly to fragmenting the spiritual composition of
          Man. Cyanide is used to get the Gold Process going. Huge deep sunk
          holes of cyanide used to soak and clarify the Gold, the Sun Forces.

          Cyanide was used to gas the Holocaust victims. Zyclon B it was
          called. Cyanide is that element in comets, that make them renegades
          to the cosmic order and that is why when we understand the planetary
          aspects of the seven fold structure of the human being and the
          ninefold structure of the human being we recognize the cohesive
          planetary Logos.

          Gold, as has been researched here many times, is that which carries
          the compassion and sun forces of the heart and conscience as well as
          small trace elements in sperm and the 'gold mist' used by butterflies
          when they entomb themselves and decay and pray to the Father and the
          Seraphim.

          This Seriphic Father element, the Father forces were the very forces
          that Christ was left with, as the cosmic human imago or imagio, was
          lit, to become the cohesive matter and atom booster that allows man
          to have a Spirit Man. These compassionate fission forces now flow
          through nature and humanity as a fine, fine gold substance. Atma and
          Spirit Man...and the Ahrimanic symptomolgy of the renegade comets who
          have orbits, wide afield and refused to particpate with the lawful
          development of the Planetary Logos.

          Halley's comet and Mark Twain are tied together in some sort of the
          same renegade reality. Only as previously stated, if you want to meet
          Ahriman, as Mark Twain seems to have done, you read Twain's -
          Mysterious Stranger.. My name is cyanide and I'm not from around here.

          Math and the music of the spheres was revealed by Steiner in the
          relations between the numbers of the atomic table. Gad Zooks,
          Chemical ethers and real research, what will happen next?

          Thank-you Starbirgarden
          Thank-you Jan for such an amazing ride
          To Bill Gates and beyond.
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 2 4:19 PM
            http://enchantedmind.com/html/nutrition/clustered_water.html

            "Many scientists studying mortality now believe that aging itself is
            really a disease, and not the inevitable experience of the biological
            organism. A French scientist, Dr. Alexis Carrel, received the Nobel
            Prize for keeping the cells of a chicken heart alive for 34 years.
            Dr. Carrel concluded: "The cell is immortal. It is merely the fluid
            (water) in which it floats that degenerates. Renew this fluid at
            intervals, give the cells what they require for nutrition, and as far
            as we know, the pulsation of life may go on forever." Dehydration of
            the cells is considered a major factor in the aging process.

            The water we drink differs substantially from the intracellular water
            in our bodies. Tap water has a surface tension of approximately 73
            dynes. The water in our cells has a surface tension of approximately
            45 dynes. One of the jobs of metabolism is to reduce the surface
            tension of the water we drink so that the body can absorb it, rather
            than pass it through the kidneys and expel it.

            To synthesize these two basic ideas, when the body becomes dehydrated
            the organs are less able to pool hydrogen, and it is this pool of
            hydrogen which helps to protect against free-radical damage. Szent-
            Gyorgyi wrote in his book The Living State: "Attaching hydrogen to a
            molecule means lending energy to it. Since in hydrogen the electron
            and proton are loosely coupled, by attaching hydrogen we essentially
            attach an electron."

            If dehydration also assists the production of free radical damage
            then one of our primary concerns in maintaining health is to properly
            hydrate the body. One way to do this is to drink water that has
            already had the surface tension reduced so that the body can readily
            absorb it. These waters are known as clustered water and many
            companies are now producing just such water. I personally drink a
            clustered water along with a product that will add colloidal minerals
            and negatively charged hydrogen. This product was created by Dr.
            Patrick Flanagan and is known as Microhydrin. Microhydrin will reduce
            the surface tension of purified water allowing greater conductivity
            in body fluids. Therefore, not only is the water rendered more useful
            to the body, but the negative hydride ions also act as a potent
            antioxidant. Thus both essential needs of the body, proper cellular
            hydration and free radical scavenging are accomplished by using this
            one product.

            Research has also shown that water has "memory" and that the shape of
            the water molecule has a great influence on how the water is
            assimmilated in the body. When "healing waters" from around the world
            are examined on a molecular scale their structure tends to form a
            beautifully symetrica six pointed star. In the few locations where
            these specific waters do exist naturally, the people are known to
            lead long, vibrant lives without many of the health problems that are
            prevalent in western society. See article on Clustered Water ™"

            Bradford comments;

            Chromotography was used by Pfeiffer to determine the cohesive
            nutrional value of various supermarket and biodynamic foods. The
            Formative forces, the etheric formative forces made a visible picture
            of the nutritional cohesion of the tested foods. One could see the
            formative forces, just as one can enter the Hydrogen and Iron forces
            of the Sun and see the glacier and crystal snow flake formations with
            Hexagon, foundational life force imagery. What surprises I had when
            working with Dr. Scharf in Spring Valley and Erica the old woman who
            took up Dr. Pfieffers work. Carrots tasted more than carrots, apples
            more than apples.. tomatoes more than tomatoes one could experience
            biodyamic tastes all the way down to ones toes.

            The facts are that Water, drinking lots and lots of water would take
            out many of the ailments humanity suffers from. Fast Food,
            Hydroginated Fats and all kinds of sugar laced soft drinks are the
            kind of poison condition that the soul is embedded in which fights
            against the human being even developing higher faculties of thinking.

            Your Body's Many Cries for Water
            by Feyedoon Batmanghelidj M.D.

            A Book Review by
            TREVOR JAMES CONSTABLE

            "RARE indeed are those books destined to become all-time classics.
            Even rarer are books destined to accomplish a paradigm shift in any
            major area of modern knowledge. Of still greater rarity are books
            destined to benefit significantly the health of countless millions of
            human beings, at no cost to them. Such a landmark book is Your Body's
            Many Cries for Water by Dr. F. Batmanghelidj. He is a London-educated
            Iranian medical doctor who has made revolutionary discoveries about
            the water metabolism of the human body. His astounding basic
            breakthrough was made while he was confined to a Teheran prison, this
            being a unique circumstance in itself.

            Dr. Batmanghelidj is of aristocratic lineage in his native Iran, and
            when the Shah was overthrown, the doctor was arrested and jailed with
            more than 3,000 other well-born victims of the Khomeini revolution.
            While these unfortunates wore awaiting execution, Dr. Batmanghelidj
            was assigned as their medical officer — pending his own appearance
            before a firing squad. He had no medical resources other than water,
            in an environment pervaded by stress and terror. Indeed, the doctor
            found himself incarcerated in a gigantic stress laboratory.

            This became the milieu in which fundamental discoveries were made
            regarding the medicinal and functional value of water. These are
            discoveries that have eluded giant medical trusts, vast hospital
            complexes, battalions of medical professors, universities that boast
            about their sophisticated research facilities, and all the vaunted
            resources of the pharmaceutical industry. None of them, or indeed,
            all of them combined, were capable: of penetrating to the bedrock of
            human health: adequate daily water intake.

            Without realizing it initially, Dr. Batmanghelidj was working with
            clinical controls in place. Prison discipline enabled him to follow
            up his patients, who had no possibility of evasion. Forced to use
            water medicinally, and water alone, Dr. Batmanghelidj was astonished
            in following up his patients, to find that water was effecting full
            cures of diverse, normally ineradicable diseases. These cures
            occurred in a complete fashion not seen in response to medication,
            which "treats" or "controls" such recalcitrant and diverse diseases
            as asthma, arthritis, high blood pressure and ulcers. Official
            medicine has only palliatives for these conditions, not cures.

            If such diseases do not bother you personally, just ask anyone so
            afflicted how frustrating it is to be perpetually treated but never
            cured, by doctors who are manifestly flummoxed by such diseases. This
            bafflement and medical inability to effect cures is almost universal
            in orthodox medicine, and largely accounts for the stupendous and
            ever-mounting cost of medical care. People get treated, not cured.
            They are not cured because the basic cause of their diseases is not
            known to classical medicine. America harbors and husbands a vast army
            of people receiving medical "treatment".

            Dr. Batmanghelidj was blessed by a first class medical training at
            St. Mary's Hospital Medical School of London University, one of the
            most respected medical schools in the western world. He was one of
            the last students of the eminent discoverer of penicillin, Sir
            Alexander Fleming. Thus steeped in classical orthodoxy, Dr.
            Batmanghelidj was totally embarrassed to find that water was doing in
            a dependable way, what medication had never been able to do. In his
            classical medical training, like orthodox doctors world-wide, Dr.
            Batmanghelidj was taught that it was the solid material in the body
            (the solute) that was important. Only an incidental status was
            assigned to the solvent aspects of the human body — to water.

            Irrefutable clinical experience in the controlled prison environment,
            forced the doctor to conclude that conventional medicine -- of which
            he was himself a product — was hobbled and handicapped by a false
            paradigm. The false paradigm undergirded, and locked in place, the
            illusion that water was not significant in human metabolism compared
            with the solutes, with which medical "science" has been vainly
            wrestling, generation after generation. The truth of basic human
            functioning, as Dr. Batmanghelidj's research progressively confirmed,
            is that the solvent (water) and not the solute, plays the cardinal
            role in human health.

            Orthodox medicine has been ineffective in dealing with a wide
            spectrum of diseases, whose etiology is classically listed
            as "unknown," because it has this fundamental polarity of solute and
            solvent back-to-front. The ramified and fundamental role of water has
            simply not been comprehended. After three years doing basic research
            in the Teheran prison, Dr. Batmanghelidj was released, and came to
            America. Here he continued his pathfinding research on the water
            metabolism of the human body for a further decade or more. He worked
            with established institutions like the University of Pennsylvania,
            lectured widely to physicians, and wrote learned papers for
            professional publications such as the Journal of Gastroenterology.
            The fallout from Dr. Batmanghelidj's exertions included a large
            number of completely cured persons who had been chronically afflicted
            with "incurable" diseases. Medical doctors were among these people.

            Slowly but surely, numerous intelligent medical doctors and
            researchers who studied his work, overcame the same embarrassment
            that had consumed Dr. Batmanghelidj, when he first began
            comprehending the cardinal role of water in human health and
            functioning. Like Dr. Batmanghelidj, these enlightened physicians
            came to realize that medicine was confronting a fundamental paradigm
            shift. Some of these board-certified physicians are quoted in the
            book. More physicians are recognizing this central truth as the
            months pass.

            Nothing so radical, in the root-meaning of that word, had ever
            happened to medical knowledge in the history of the world. Chronic
            dehydration was being identified as the fundamental matrix from which
            most human diseases emerge. This book will leave you in no doubt that
            America's deplorable and desperate health care crisis is born of
            dehydration, midwifed by medical inability to deal effectively with
            diseases whose etiology in dehydration is not understood. Almost
            every disease arising out of dehydration is attacked with medication,
            or combinations of medications. Sickness therefore proliferates,
            while the sick cry out in many different ways for water — cries to
            which doctors are deaf.

            Countless ingrained cultural and social customs of modern America,
            such as not drinking sufficient water, and guzzling phenomenal
            quantities of diuretic soft drinks and diuretic coffee and tea,
            reinforce chronic dehydration as the number one health menace in
            America. Dr. Batmanghelidj emphasizes that drinking coffee, soft
            drinks and juices does not counter dehydration or meet the body's
            water needs. The only way out is by drinking water.

            Elusive and seemingly unrelated conditions like dyspeptic pain,
            stress and depression, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure,
            excess body weight, chronic fatigue, arthritis, asthma and allergies,
            insulin-independent diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, back problems and
            a host of lesser complaints that bedevil human beings, have all
            yielded to the ingestion of adequate daily water. Dr. Batmanghelidj
            identifies Alzheimer's as due to dehydration of the brain.

            Eight 8-ounce glasses daily is the recommended regimen advocated by
            Dr. Batmanghelidj, to keep the human body fully hydrated. For each
            cup of coffee or other caffeinated drink, an additional, compensating
            eight-ounce glass of water is required.

            Perhaps the most welcome and convincing finding of Dr. Batmanghelidj
            is the key role played by dehydration in creating back ailments in
            human beings. The spinal discs consist of about eighty percent water.
            When these discs atrophy through varying degrees of dehydration, an
            afflicted human is off on one of the most miserable medical merry-go-
            rounds known to man. The human spine has to support about 75 percent
            of body weight. Without fully-hydrated and resilient spinal discs,
            the spine cannot perform its function properly. "Back problems"
            ensue. Abnormal physical and nervous pressures develop and vertebrae
            become misplaced as the spinal discs collapse. In the U.S.A., such
            back problems are now on an epidemic scale, largely defy physicians
            and surgeons, and endlessly persecute the afflicted.

            Dr. Batmanghelidj has found that rehydration restores the integrity
            and resilience of the spinal discs. Simple exercises he has devised,
            create a natural vacuum effect: that draws the needed water back into
            the discs, whose proper bearing function is thereby eventually
            normalized. Contrast this with the dead-end, mechanistic "back
            surgery" that now consumes hundreds of millions of dollars in
            surgeons' fees and hospital costs every year.

            Back pains are among the body's many cries for water, from which Dr.
            Batmanghelidj's book has appropriately taken its title. The horrific
            wheezing of an asthmatic, which is one of the most embarrassing and
            distressing things anyone can witness, is similarly the body crying
            for water. Dr. Batmanghelidj has demonstrated that asthma is due to
            the body's natural histamines constricting the lungs to limit any
            further loss of water via the breath. The person so afflicted is
            desperately dehydrated. In the prison environment in Iran, adequate
            water provided a cure for asthma — one of the astonishing clinical
            results that first started Dr. Batmanghelidj thinking about the
            medicinal power of water.

            Dr. Batmanghelidj views the way hypertension is classically treated
            as "scientific absurdity". The dehydrated body is desperately trying
            to hang on to its water volume. Uncomprehending physicians intervene
            with diuretics and literally force more water out of an already
            dehydrated body. The author gives lucid, comprehensible descriptions
            of the exquisite hydraulic design and engineering of the human body,
            and the diverse functions of the cells, capillaries and membranes as
            they operate to compensate for dehydration. If the body's many cries
            for water are ignored, as they are in contemporary America,
            degenerative diseases are the inevitable consequence. A congress
            scrabbling to deal financially with an avalanche of degenerative
            disease, is verification enough that the time has come for a new
            medical paradigm."
          • Maurice McCarthy
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 2 6:31 PM
              Thanks for your many insights Bradford,

              There may be someone on board who can translate the German for me. Are you
              anything to do with Arthur Versluis's project and the Esoteria netmag?

              Kindest Regards
              Maurice McCarthy
              home email <maurice.mccarthy@...>
              work email <maurice.mccarthy@...>

              -----------------------------------

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 2 7:25 PM
                Bradford quoted

                TREVOR JAMES CONSTABLE

                "Eight 8-ounce glasses daily is the recommended regimen advocated by
                Dr. Batmanghelidj, to keep the human body fully hydrated. For each
                cup of coffee or other caffeinated drink, an additional, compensating
                eight-ounce glass of water is required."

                This is exactly the quantity Heather demanded her patients drink of her
                teas. "Minimum," she would say, to make sure that they did.

                "... The horrific
                wheezing of an asthmatic, which is one of the most embarrassing and
                distressing things anyone can witness, is similarly the body crying
                for water. Dr. Batmanghelidj has demonstrated that asthma is due to
                the body's natural histamines constricting the lungs to limit any
                further loss of water via the breath. The person so afflicted is
                desperately dehydrated. In the prison environment in Iran, adequate
                water provided a cure for asthma - one of the astonishing clinical
                results that first started Dr. Batmanghelidj thinking about the
                medicinal power of water."

                The two most important herbs in the whole of Britain are the commonest
                weeds. The stinging nettle and the dandelion. "Most people think you take
                oxygen through the lungs, you don't, you take it through the stomach.
                Nettles carry oxygen to the lung so that it can then work properly. Nettles
                clean the sewerage of the whole body, the lymphatic system. You wouldn't
                live in a house with a blocked toilet would you? So why live in a body with
                one? It is not true that the thymus atrophies with age. It atrophies with
                malnutrition. The cure is the nettle. You should wash your hair in nettle
                tea. Bathe yourself in it." It feels odd with no suds but I guarantee you it
                works.

                "The dandelion cleans the liver. The liver cleans the blood. The blood
                cleans its own arteries. Bypasses are useless. All disease is in the blood."
                Drinking dandelion does indeed make you pass a lot of water but it is
                cleaning you out.

                " Eat according to the seasons. When the nut is on the tree take it off and
                eat it. Freshly picked nuts are the cure for osteoporosis. They say it is a
                hormone deficiency but that too is malnutrition. Sit down at night and
                shell then eat a couple of pounds of nuts. No healthy bone is brittle but
                tough."

                Maurice McCarthy
                home email <maurice.mccarthy@...>
                work email <maurice.mccarthy@...>

              • snowplank
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 3 5:34 AM
                  The review of Dr. Batmanghelidj's book is amazing. Thanks for that
                  Bradford.

                  I have been keeping an eye on the Clustered Water phenomenon for 2
                  years now and I have to say that I am intensely sceptical of the
                  companies who market and sell it. I admit that I could be 'throwing
                  the baby out with the bath water' so to speak, as there could well be
                  something in the clustered water theory, but I have a feeling about it
                  that just won't go away. The following website lists one sceptic's
                  inquiry...
                  http://www.ntskeptics.org/2001/2001january/january2001.htm#cluster

                  --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66" <holderlin66@h...>
                  wrote:

> [...]
                  trying
                  > to hang on to its water volume. Uncomprehending physicians
                  intervene
                  > with diuretics and literally force more water out of an already
                  > dehydrated body. The author gives lucid, comprehensible
                  descriptions
                  > of the exquisite hydraulic design and engineering of the human
                  body,
                  > and the diverse functions of the cells, capillaries and membranes
                  as
                  > they operate to compensate for dehydration. If the body's many
                  cries
                  > for water are ignored, as they are in contemporary America,
                  > degenerative diseases are the inevitable consequence. A congress
                  > scrabbling to deal financially with an avalanche of degenerative
                  > disease, is verification enough that the time has come for a new
                • snowplank
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 3 5:46 AM
                    Hi Maurice,

                    Like Jan, I am fascinated by your connection to Heather and your
                    snippets of information pertaining to herbal remedies. May I ask
                    whether you know of any books I may read to acquire such knowledge?
                    Also, how do you suggest I prepare nettle tea and dandelion tea? I
                    realise that this may seem like a ridiculous question (if it simply
                    involves boiling the leaves) but I come from a generation who know
                    absolutely nothing of these things. Herbal remedies to my social
                    peers consist of either smoking "jazz cigarettes" or possibly green
                    tea ;o)

                    Cheers,

                    Paul

                    **************************

                    > This e-mail message may contain privileged/confidential
                    information.
                    > It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the
                    indicated
                    > addressee (or responsible for delivery to such a person)
                    > you shall neither read nor retain this message, copy or distribute
                    it to
                    > anyone, or use this e-mail for any other purpose. In such cases,
                    please
                    > destroy the message immediately and notify the sender by return
                    e-mail.

                    **************************
                  • Maurice McCarthy
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 3 6:50 PM
                      Hi Paul, you asked about Heather and books.

                      I know of none. The only book I saw in her possession was the Royal
                      Horticultural Book of Plants and Herbs. Many of the things she did with
                      herbs were utterly different to the traditional uses listed there. She had
                      read all the traditional herbalists, from the ancient Greeks to Culpepper
                      etc., and like him used astrology to assist her work, which was her life.
                      What infuriated her most was that modern doctors do not abide by the
                      Hippocratic oath and harm their patients deliberately. "Question any ward
                      sister closely and you'll see that I am right. Iatrogenic genic diseases are
                      rife. Worse, their diagnoses are like the children's game 'pinning the tail
                      on the donkey'. They are blind to what is before their eyes. ... The most
                      damnable things are radiotherapy and chemotherapy. There is no natural cure
                      for the damage they cause. I've racked my brains, tried everything. Nothing
                      works. A natural disease or accident has a natural cure. ... The worst thing
                      in the home is the microwave." (Heather herself would not even have a
                      fridge.) "The microwave destroys the living goodnes in food, an invention of
                      the devil. Its bad enough that babies drink from bottles but to microwave it
                      for convenience as well is disastrous. It may even be the cause of rising
                      childhood asthema."

                      As for preparation boil nothing. The only exception being silver birch twigs
                      which are just coming into leaf. The silver birch cleanses the blood after
                      the winter, "Red Indian medicine." This should be simmered as gently as
                      possible for half an hour. Once the leaves are out use those. In fact she
                      would use almost any part of a plant. "They tell you not to pick plants
                      because 'they could harm you' then shovel chemicals in your food. There are
                      only 8 or 9 green plants that can harm you in this country (UK)." She did
                      seem to have a distrust of mushrooms though. Whether that was farmed
                      mushrooms only or not I never found out.

                      The only thing I ever saw her dilute was nettle tea for a dog. She halved it
                      with water. Children were given the same things as adults and in the same
                      strength, even new born babies. Nettles she tore up with her bare hands.
                      They were tough from rising early and collecting several times a week.
                      Gather a carrier bag full of nettles, I use gardening gauntlets myself. The
                      stinging hairs collect dust so I find it best to wash them. (You should have
                      seen the dirty look she gave me when I put them under the tap. "What are you
                      putting that filth on them for?" "But Heather, they are covered in dust!"
                      She shrugged her shoulders and let me get on with it.) Chop then on a board
                      to make the tea stronger and put them into the biggest pan you have. Pour on
                      boiling water or fill with water and only just bring to the boil and remove
                      the heat. Keep a lid on - the essential oils are very important.

                      It turns a pale yellowish green after 10 mins and should have a very light
                      refreshing taste. Left over night it has a very dark even black green
                      colour. This is the only tea I don't put lemon in. It seems to curdle the
                      chlorophyll. As I've said, the nettle is the idea of cleanliness made
                      life-form and, whereas with anything else the leaves etc can usually be used
                      2 or 3 times and, though weaker, some benefit is obtained but in the case of
                      the nettle it seems to self-clean its own leaves and I find it insipid if
                      used more than once. If it tastes off it is off, so put it on the garden or
                      on house plants and not down the sink. Return to the Earth what it has given
                      you.

                      The first time I tasted nettle it was like a dead weight on my stomach. "You
                      really need it then. Drink another pint." A small ailment which I'd had
                      since childhood, "bubbles in the legs", disappeared and has never returned.
                      The nettle now tastes clean and refreshing to me. Light. Once they start
                      dying back after flowering they should not be used. You will see it because
                      they turn black and 'mouldy' looking. Once when I was feeling dreadful from
                      too much alcolhol the night before ("Absolutely no alcohol." But she
                      produced a bottle of sloe wine she'd made herself at Christmas time. She
                      never ever mentioned smoking. Her patients usually just did not look for
                      cigarettes if they kept to the treatment. It was keeping them too it which
                      was frustrating. "The body can be cured but there is no cure for the head!")
                      so I drank a pint of silver birch, a pint of nettle and then another silver
                      birch, the silver birch with a whole lemon each time, and I was feeling on
                      top of the world in no time. I would not recommend it as regular practice
                      though, there could easily have been contingent factors.

                      Herbs are usually additive, you can put them in together. Her cauldron
                      (literally, she had a small cauldron perpetually on the stove) had holly,
                      ivy (N.B. British ivy and NOT US poison ivy) crab apples - not too many -
                      and heaven knows what always on the go. Elder is a panacea and very good at
                      balancing female hormones. Leaves, flowers or berries. The elder is the
                      tree of life found in every old church yard with its counterpart the yew, as
                      soft as death.

                      Couch grass gives you protein. "From spring to autumn all you need buy is
                      porridge. You can live easily off the land as long as you have clean water
                      and a little carbohydrate. Hawthorn clears blood clots and conditions the
                      blood against thromboses. It is not recommended to tell the wife that you
                      are going out to look for haws though, she might take it the wrong way. The
                      dandelion is also the cure for warts. Put its milky juice on every hour or
                      two until they turn black and eventually fall off after a few days. The same
                      thing happens with nitrogen freezing as used in surgeries now. "Chamomile is
                      the best source of calcium." !! (I don't think you'll find that in any herb
                      book.)

                      Must go to bed, I'm changing from nightshift to dayshift

                      Maurice McCarthy
                      maurice.mccarthy@...
                      maurice.mccarthy@...

                    • Maurice McCarthy
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 3 7:46 PM
                        Paul,

                        Chop the nettles to make the brew stronger. Heather used to sieve them into
                        a funnel with an old pair of nylons to remove the scum. She'd give patients
                        5 litres at a time. The point she wanted to instill was to adopt her
                        'treatments' as a food life-style. To contiue it forever. Few if any had the
                        strength of will to do this. Roy Castle is a grand example. The British
                        entertainer had a 'miraculous' recovery from cancer but lapsed in his ways.
                        He did not have the gall to go back and beg her help because she always
                        insisted she'd help no one twice. But she would if there was a chance they
                        would not repeat their mistakes. Indeed her own cancer was not helped by the
                        fact that she did not always practice what she preached.

                        Maurice

                      • snowplank
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 4 5:05 AM
                          Many thanks Maurice. I could read this stuff all day!

                          Paul