RE: [anthroposophy] Medicinal Compound

  • Lee Peters
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
      An interesting medical anecdote but a rather radical one. Break a leg, shatter an arm bone or get shot and no herbal potion or healing balm will save the limb or body. There is a middle ground and more and more doctors are embracing alternative and complementary medicine. It will take time and each must take responsibility for their health but get me to a hospital if I am injured or in need of serious attention.

      Lee

      Maurice McCarthy <maurice.mccarthy@...> wrote:
      Dear Jan,

      The medicinal compound was a Victorian green ointment which she used many
      purposes "most efficacious in every way", as the song goes. It smelled
      coffee-like and I made the mistake of asking her what it was made from. She
      exploded in anger, "No one robs my knowledge to where it may be abused! You
      will be told what you need to know and no more. ...

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Maurice McCarthy
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
        Dear Lee,

        Absolutely correct that Heather's great limitation was her one-sidedness. It
        is something I've often wondered at. Strident, formidable and
        uncompromising, she had to be these things because she was utterly on her
        own. She had no communal support. She would, however, have disagreed with
        you about the treatment of serious wounds and injuries. "The only surgeon
        goes in through the mouth." I have seen her heal a child's broken collar
        bone in 3 days and mend a savage cut without stitches. Comfrey was also
        called knitbone of old. Another herb, which I cannot remember though it was
        administered with lady's mantle, opened the cut, cleaned it and then closed
        it

        Very Best Wishes
        Maurice McCarthy
        maurice.mccarthy@...
        maurice.mccarthy@...

      • Maurice McCarthy
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
          Lee

          Even having said these things if now, without Heather, I had broken a bone I
          would go to the hospital myself

          Maurice

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
            --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Maurice McCarthy
            <maurice.mccarthy@b...> wrote:
            I have seen her heal a child's broken collar
            > bone in 3 days and mend a savage cut without stitches. Comfrey was
            also
            > called knitbone of old. Another herb, which I cannot remember
            though it was
            > administered with lady's mantle, opened the cut, cleaned it and
            then closed
            > it
            >
            > Very Best Wishes
            > Maurice McCarthy

            Paracelsus and Anthro medicine under fire in Europe, at least to the
            best of my understanding of German.

            benjamin.zoellner@...

            Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen,

            seit heute läuft die Kampagne "Naturarznei hilft. Auch gesetzlich
            Versicherten. Keinen §34 neu". Diese Kampagne, die über den
            Dachverband Anthroposophische Medizin www.damid.de auch von der
            Weleda AG unterstützt wird, ist für unsere Arzneimittel von zentraler
            Bedeutung. Nach den Reformplänen der Regierung wird es künftig (bis
            auf wenige Ausnahmen) keine Arzneimittel der Anthroposophischen
            Medizin für gesetzlich Versicherte mehr geben. Die Folgen für die
            Anthroposophische Medizin und für die Firma Weleda sind
            schwerwiegend. Methodenpluralismus und Therapiefreiheit werden
            dadurch in Deutschland faktisch außer Kraft gesetzt.

            Sorgen Sie mit Ihrer Unterstützung der Kampagne (Eintragung in die
            Unterschriftsliste unter www.naturarzneihilft.de ), dass diese
            unsinnige und schädliche Regelung nicht umgesetzt wird ! Sprechen Sie
            Ihre Freunde und Verwandten an. Es gilt jetzt massenhaften
            Bürgerwillen zu artikulieren.

            Damit Ihre Unterschrift gezählt wird, müssen Sie das e-mail, das Sie
            nach Eintragung in die Unterschriftsliste erhalten, zurücksenden.

            Mit herzlichen Grüßen

            Nikolai Keller

            Justiziar Weleda AG

            Leitung Geschäftsfelder Recht

            und Gesundheitspolitik
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
              http://ei.cs.vt.edu/~history/Turing.html

              "He was using a very precise mathematical approach to the problem.
              This gives some insight into his strong belief in the close relation
              between nature and math. Turing's ultimate goal was to merge already
              established biological theory with mathematics and computers to
              create his intelligent, multi-purpose machine. He saw the development
              of these leaves as nothing more than a simple set of steps, an
              algorithm. This matched the basic concept of his 'Turing Machine.'

              Turing died on June 7, 1954 from what the medical examiners described
              as, "self-administered potassium cyanide while in a moment of mental
              imbalance." Other reasons for his death have surfaced. His mother
              claimed that he used to experiment with household chemicals, trying
              to create new substances and became careless. Others claim he was
              homosexual and killed himself to prevent embarrassment."

              Bradford comments;

              What an amazing, lifting Waldorf penetrating study in biography and
              scientific insights that Starbirgarden downloaded. Waldorf Teachers
              could learn from this.

              Cyanide, was not only the drink of choice for spies, but as Steiner
              has indicated, deadly to fragmenting the spiritual composition of
              Man. Cyanide is used to get the Gold Process going. Huge deep sunk
              holes of cyanide used to soak and clarify the Gold, the Sun Forces.

              Cyanide was used to gas the Holocaust victims. Zyclon B it was
              called. Cyanide is that element in comets, that make them renegades
              to the cosmic order and that is why when we understand the planetary
              aspects of the seven fold structure of the human being and the
              ninefold structure of the human being we recognize the cohesive
              planetary Logos.

              Gold, as has been researched here many times, is that which carries
              the compassion and sun forces of the heart and conscience as well as
              small trace elements in sperm and the 'gold mist' used by butterflies
              when they entomb themselves and decay and pray to the Father and the
              Seraphim.

              This Seriphic Father element, the Father forces were the very forces
              that Christ was left with, as the cosmic human imago or imagio, was
              lit, to become the cohesive matter and atom booster that allows man
              to have a Spirit Man. These compassionate fission forces now flow
              through nature and humanity as a fine, fine gold substance. Atma and
              Spirit Man...and the Ahrimanic symptomolgy of the renegade comets who
              have orbits, wide afield and refused to particpate with the lawful
              development of the Planetary Logos.

              Halley's comet and Mark Twain are tied together in some sort of the
              same renegade reality. Only as previously stated, if you want to meet
              Ahriman, as Mark Twain seems to have done, you read Twain's -
              Mysterious Stranger.. My name is cyanide and I'm not from around here.

              Math and the music of the spheres was revealed by Steiner in the
              relations between the numbers of the atomic table. Gad Zooks,
              Chemical ethers and real research, what will happen next?

              Thank-you Starbirgarden
              Thank-you Jan for such an amazing ride
              To Bill Gates and beyond.
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
                http://enchantedmind.com/html/nutrition/clustered_water.html

                "Many scientists studying mortality now believe that aging itself is
                really a disease, and not the inevitable experience of the biological
                organism. A French scientist, Dr. Alexis Carrel, received the Nobel
                Prize for keeping the cells of a chicken heart alive for 34 years.
                Dr. Carrel concluded: "The cell is immortal. It is merely the fluid
                (water) in which it floats that degenerates. Renew this fluid at
                intervals, give the cells what they require for nutrition, and as far
                as we know, the pulsation of life may go on forever." Dehydration of
                the cells is considered a major factor in the aging process.

                The water we drink differs substantially from the intracellular water
                in our bodies. Tap water has a surface tension of approximately 73
                dynes. The water in our cells has a surface tension of approximately
                45 dynes. One of the jobs of metabolism is to reduce the surface
                tension of the water we drink so that the body can absorb it, rather
                than pass it through the kidneys and expel it.

                To synthesize these two basic ideas, when the body becomes dehydrated
                the organs are less able to pool hydrogen, and it is this pool of
                hydrogen which helps to protect against free-radical damage. Szent-
                Gyorgyi wrote in his book The Living State: "Attaching hydrogen to a
                molecule means lending energy to it. Since in hydrogen the electron
                and proton are loosely coupled, by attaching hydrogen we essentially
                attach an electron."

                If dehydration also assists the production of free radical damage
                then one of our primary concerns in maintaining health is to properly
                hydrate the body. One way to do this is to drink water that has
                already had the surface tension reduced so that the body can readily
                absorb it. These waters are known as clustered water and many
                companies are now producing just such water. I personally drink a
                clustered water along with a product that will add colloidal minerals
                and negatively charged hydrogen. This product was created by Dr.
                Patrick Flanagan and is known as Microhydrin. Microhydrin will reduce
                the surface tension of purified water allowing greater conductivity
                in body fluids. Therefore, not only is the water rendered more useful
                to the body, but the negative hydride ions also act as a potent
                antioxidant. Thus both essential needs of the body, proper cellular
                hydration and free radical scavenging are accomplished by using this
                one product.

                Research has also shown that water has "memory" and that the shape of
                the water molecule has a great influence on how the water is
                assimmilated in the body. When "healing waters" from around the world
                are examined on a molecular scale their structure tends to form a
                beautifully symetrica six pointed star. In the few locations where
                these specific waters do exist naturally, the people are known to
                lead long, vibrant lives without many of the health problems that are
                prevalent in western society. See article on Clustered Water ™"

                Bradford comments;

                Chromotography was used by Pfeiffer to determine the cohesive
                nutrional value of various supermarket and biodynamic foods. The
                Formative forces, the etheric formative forces made a visible picture
                of the nutritional cohesion of the tested foods. One could see the
                formative forces, just as one can enter the Hydrogen and Iron forces
                of the Sun and see the glacier and crystal snow flake formations with
                Hexagon, foundational life force imagery. What surprises I had when
                working with Dr. Scharf in Spring Valley and Erica the old woman who
                took up Dr. Pfieffers work. Carrots tasted more than carrots, apples
                more than apples.. tomatoes more than tomatoes one could experience
                biodyamic tastes all the way down to ones toes.

                The facts are that Water, drinking lots and lots of water would take
                out many of the ailments humanity suffers from. Fast Food,
                Hydroginated Fats and all kinds of sugar laced soft drinks are the
                kind of poison condition that the soul is embedded in which fights
                against the human being even developing higher faculties of thinking.

                Your Body's Many Cries for Water
                by Feyedoon Batmanghelidj M.D.

                A Book Review by
                TREVOR JAMES CONSTABLE

                "RARE indeed are those books destined to become all-time classics.
                Even rarer are books destined to accomplish a paradigm shift in any
                major area of modern knowledge. Of still greater rarity are books
                destined to benefit significantly the health of countless millions of
                human beings, at no cost to them. Such a landmark book is Your Body's
                Many Cries for Water by Dr. F. Batmanghelidj. He is a London-educated
                Iranian medical doctor who has made revolutionary discoveries about
                the water metabolism of the human body. His astounding basic
                breakthrough was made while he was confined to a Teheran prison, this
                being a unique circumstance in itself.

                Dr. Batmanghelidj is of aristocratic lineage in his native Iran, and
                when the Shah was overthrown, the doctor was arrested and jailed with
                more than 3,000 other well-born victims of the Khomeini revolution.
                While these unfortunates wore awaiting execution, Dr. Batmanghelidj
                was assigned as their medical officer — pending his own appearance
                before a firing squad. He had no medical resources other than water,
                in an environment pervaded by stress and terror. Indeed, the doctor
                found himself incarcerated in a gigantic stress laboratory.

                This became the milieu in which fundamental discoveries were made
                regarding the medicinal and functional value of water. These are
                discoveries that have eluded giant medical trusts, vast hospital
                complexes, battalions of medical professors, universities that boast
                about their sophisticated research facilities, and all the vaunted
                resources of the pharmaceutical industry. None of them, or indeed,
                all of them combined, were capable: of penetrating to the bedrock of
                human health: adequate daily water intake.

                Without realizing it initially, Dr. Batmanghelidj was working with
                clinical controls in place. Prison discipline enabled him to follow
                up his patients, who had no possibility of evasion. Forced to use
                water medicinally, and water alone, Dr. Batmanghelidj was astonished
                in following up his patients, to find that water was effecting full
                cures of diverse, normally ineradicable diseases. These cures
                occurred in a complete fashion not seen in response to medication,
                which "treats" or "controls" such recalcitrant and diverse diseases
                as asthma, arthritis, high blood pressure and ulcers. Official
                medicine has only palliatives for these conditions, not cures.

                If such diseases do not bother you personally, just ask anyone so
                afflicted how frustrating it is to be perpetually treated but never
                cured, by doctors who are manifestly flummoxed by such diseases. This
                bafflement and medical inability to effect cures is almost universal
                in orthodox medicine, and largely accounts for the stupendous and
                ever-mounting cost of medical care. People get treated, not cured.
                They are not cured because the basic cause of their diseases is not
                known to classical medicine. America harbors and husbands a vast army
                of people receiving medical "treatment".

                Dr. Batmanghelidj was blessed by a first class medical training at
                St. Mary's Hospital Medical School of London University, one of the
                most respected medical schools in the western world. He was one of
                the last students of the eminent discoverer of penicillin, Sir
                Alexander Fleming. Thus steeped in classical orthodoxy, Dr.
                Batmanghelidj was totally embarrassed to find that water was doing in
                a dependable way, what medication had never been able to do. In his
                classical medical training, like orthodox doctors world-wide, Dr.
                Batmanghelidj was taught that it was the solid material in the body
                (the solute) that was important. Only an incidental status was
                assigned to the solvent aspects of the human body — to water.

                Irrefutable clinical experience in the controlled prison environment,
                forced the doctor to conclude that conventional medicine -- of which
                he was himself a product — was hobbled and handicapped by a false
                paradigm. The false paradigm undergirded, and locked in place, the
                illusion that water was not significant in human metabolism compared
                with the solutes, with which medical "science" has been vainly
                wrestling, generation after generation. The truth of basic human
                functioning, as Dr. Batmanghelidj's research progressively confirmed,
                is that the solvent (water) and not the solute, plays the cardinal
                role in human health.

                Orthodox medicine has been ineffective in dealing with a wide
                spectrum of diseases, whose etiology is classically listed
                as "unknown," because it has this fundamental polarity of solute and
                solvent back-to-front. The ramified and fundamental role of water has
                simply not been comprehended. After three years doing basic research
                in the Teheran prison, Dr. Batmanghelidj was released, and came to
                America. Here he continued his pathfinding research on the water
                metabolism of the human body for a further decade or more. He worked
                with established institutions like the University of Pennsylvania,
                lectured widely to physicians, and wrote learned papers for
                professional publications such as the Journal of Gastroenterology.
                The fallout from Dr. Batmanghelidj's exertions included a large
                number of completely cured persons who had been chronically afflicted
                with "incurable" diseases. Medical doctors were among these people.

                Slowly but surely, numerous intelligent medical doctors and
                researchers who studied his work, overcame the same embarrassment
                that had consumed Dr. Batmanghelidj, when he first began
                comprehending the cardinal role of water in human health and
                functioning. Like Dr. Batmanghelidj, these enlightened physicians
                came to realize that medicine was confronting a fundamental paradigm
                shift. Some of these board-certified physicians are quoted in the
                book. More physicians are recognizing this central truth as the
                months pass.

                Nothing so radical, in the root-meaning of that word, had ever
                happened to medical knowledge in the history of the world. Chronic
                dehydration was being identified as the fundamental matrix from which
                most human diseases emerge. This book will leave you in no doubt that
                America's deplorable and desperate health care crisis is born of
                dehydration, midwifed by medical inability to deal effectively with
                diseases whose etiology in dehydration is not understood. Almost
                every disease arising out of dehydration is attacked with medication,
                or combinations of medications. Sickness therefore proliferates,
                while the sick cry out in many different ways for water — cries to
                which doctors are deaf.

                Countless ingrained cultural and social customs of modern America,
                such as not drinking sufficient water, and guzzling phenomenal
                quantities of diuretic soft drinks and diuretic coffee and tea,
                reinforce chronic dehydration as the number one health menace in
                America. Dr. Batmanghelidj emphasizes that drinking coffee, soft
                drinks and juices does not counter dehydration or meet the body's
                water needs. The only way out is by drinking water.

                Elusive and seemingly unrelated conditions like dyspeptic pain,
                stress and depression, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure,
                excess body weight, chronic fatigue, arthritis, asthma and allergies,
                insulin-independent diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, back problems and
                a host of lesser complaints that bedevil human beings, have all
                yielded to the ingestion of adequate daily water. Dr. Batmanghelidj
                identifies Alzheimer's as due to dehydration of the brain.

                Eight 8-ounce glasses daily is the recommended regimen advocated by
                Dr. Batmanghelidj, to keep the human body fully hydrated. For each
                cup of coffee or other caffeinated drink, an additional, compensating
                eight-ounce glass of water is required.

                Perhaps the most welcome and convincing finding of Dr. Batmanghelidj
                is the key role played by dehydration in creating back ailments in
                human beings. The spinal discs consist of about eighty percent water.
                When these discs atrophy through varying degrees of dehydration, an
                afflicted human is off on one of the most miserable medical merry-go-
                rounds known to man. The human spine has to support about 75 percent
                of body weight. Without fully-hydrated and resilient spinal discs,
                the spine cannot perform its function properly. "Back problems"
                ensue. Abnormal physical and nervous pressures develop and vertebrae
                become misplaced as the spinal discs collapse. In the U.S.A., such
                back problems are now on an epidemic scale, largely defy physicians
                and surgeons, and endlessly persecute the afflicted.

                Dr. Batmanghelidj has found that rehydration restores the integrity
                and resilience of the spinal discs. Simple exercises he has devised,
                create a natural vacuum effect: that draws the needed water back into
                the discs, whose proper bearing function is thereby eventually
                normalized. Contrast this with the dead-end, mechanistic "back
                surgery" that now consumes hundreds of millions of dollars in
                surgeons' fees and hospital costs every year.

                Back pains are among the body's many cries for water, from which Dr.
                Batmanghelidj's book has appropriately taken its title. The horrific
                wheezing of an asthmatic, which is one of the most embarrassing and
                distressing things anyone can witness, is similarly the body crying
                for water. Dr. Batmanghelidj has demonstrated that asthma is due to
                the body's natural histamines constricting the lungs to limit any
                further loss of water via the breath. The person so afflicted is
                desperately dehydrated. In the prison environment in Iran, adequate
                water provided a cure for asthma — one of the astonishing clinical
                results that first started Dr. Batmanghelidj thinking about the
                medicinal power of water.

                Dr. Batmanghelidj views the way hypertension is classically treated
                as "scientific absurdity". The dehydrated body is desperately trying
                to hang on to its water volume. Uncomprehending physicians intervene
                with diuretics and literally force more water out of an already
                dehydrated body. The author gives lucid, comprehensible descriptions
                of the exquisite hydraulic design and engineering of the human body,
                and the diverse functions of the cells, capillaries and membranes as
                they operate to compensate for dehydration. If the body's many cries
                for water are ignored, as they are in contemporary America,
                degenerative diseases are the inevitable consequence. A congress
                scrabbling to deal financially with an avalanche of degenerative
                disease, is verification enough that the time has come for a new
                medical paradigm."
              • Maurice McCarthy
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
                  Thanks for your many insights Bradford,

                  There may be someone on board who can translate the German for me. Are you
                  anything to do with Arthur Versluis's project and the Esoteria netmag?

                  Kindest Regards
                  Maurice McCarthy
                  home email <maurice.mccarthy@...>
                  work email <maurice.mccarthy@...>

                  -----------------------------------

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
                    Bradford quoted

                    TREVOR JAMES CONSTABLE

                    "Eight 8-ounce glasses daily is the recommended regimen advocated by
                    Dr. Batmanghelidj, to keep the human body fully hydrated. For each
                    cup of coffee or other caffeinated drink, an additional, compensating
                    eight-ounce glass of water is required."

                    This is exactly the quantity Heather demanded her patients drink of her
                    teas. "Minimum," she would say, to make sure that they did.

                    "... The horrific
                    wheezing of an asthmatic, which is one of the most embarrassing and
                    distressing things anyone can witness, is similarly the body crying
                    for water. Dr. Batmanghelidj has demonstrated that asthma is due to
                    the body's natural histamines constricting the lungs to limit any
                    further loss of water via the breath. The person so afflicted is
                    desperately dehydrated. In the prison environment in Iran, adequate
                    water provided a cure for asthma - one of the astonishing clinical
                    results that first started Dr. Batmanghelidj thinking about the
                    medicinal power of water."

                    The two most important herbs in the whole of Britain are the commonest
                    weeds. The stinging nettle and the dandelion. "Most people think you take
                    oxygen through the lungs, you don't, you take it through the stomach.
                    Nettles carry oxygen to the lung so that it can then work properly. Nettles
                    clean the sewerage of the whole body, the lymphatic system. You wouldn't
                    live in a house with a blocked toilet would you? So why live in a body with
                    one? It is not true that the thymus atrophies with age. It atrophies with
                    malnutrition. The cure is the nettle. You should wash your hair in nettle
                    tea. Bathe yourself in it." It feels odd with no suds but I guarantee you it
                    works.

                    "The dandelion cleans the liver. The liver cleans the blood. The blood
                    cleans its own arteries. Bypasses are useless. All disease is in the blood."
                    Drinking dandelion does indeed make you pass a lot of water but it is
                    cleaning you out.

                    " Eat according to the seasons. When the nut is on the tree take it off and
                    eat it. Freshly picked nuts are the cure for osteoporosis. They say it is a
                    hormone deficiency but that too is malnutrition. Sit down at night and
                    shell then eat a couple of pounds of nuts. No healthy bone is brittle but
                    tough."

                    Maurice McCarthy
                    home email <maurice.mccarthy@...>
                    work email <maurice.mccarthy@...>

                  • snowplank
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                      The review of Dr. Batmanghelidj's book is amazing. Thanks for that
                      Bradford.

                      I have been keeping an eye on the Clustered Water phenomenon for 2
                      years now and I have to say that I am intensely sceptical of the
                      companies who market and sell it. I admit that I could be 'throwing
                      the baby out with the bath water' so to speak, as there could well be
                      something in the clustered water theory, but I have a feeling about it
                      that just won't go away. The following website lists one sceptic's
                      inquiry...
                      http://www.ntskeptics.org/2001/2001january/january2001.htm#cluster

                      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66" <holderlin66@h...>
                      wrote:

> [...]
                      trying
                      > to hang on to its water volume. Uncomprehending physicians
                      intervene
                      > with diuretics and literally force more water out of an already
                      > dehydrated body. The author gives lucid, comprehensible
                      descriptions
                      > of the exquisite hydraulic design and engineering of the human
                      body,
                      > and the diverse functions of the cells, capillaries and membranes
                      as
                      > they operate to compensate for dehydration. If the body's many
                      cries
                      > for water are ignored, as they are in contemporary America,
                      > degenerative diseases are the inevitable consequence. A congress
                      > scrabbling to deal financially with an avalanche of degenerative
                      > disease, is verification enough that the time has come for a new
                    • snowplank
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                        Hi Maurice,

                        Like Jan, I am fascinated by your connection to Heather and your
                        snippets of information pertaining to herbal remedies. May I ask
                        whether you know of any books I may read to acquire such knowledge?
                        Also, how do you suggest I prepare nettle tea and dandelion tea? I
                        realise that this may seem like a ridiculous question (if it simply
                        involves boiling the leaves) but I come from a generation who know
                        absolutely nothing of these things. Herbal remedies to my social
                        peers consist of either smoking "jazz cigarettes" or possibly green
                        tea ;o)

                        Cheers,

                        Paul

                        **************************

                        > This e-mail message may contain privileged/confidential
                        information.
                        > It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the
                        indicated
                        > addressee (or responsible for delivery to such a person)
                        > you shall neither read nor retain this message, copy or distribute
                        it to
                        > anyone, or use this e-mail for any other purpose. In such cases,
                        please
                        > destroy the message immediately and notify the sender by return
                        e-mail.

                        **************************
                      • Maurice McCarthy
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                          Hi Paul, you asked about Heather and books.

                          I know of none. The only book I saw in her possession was the Royal
                          Horticultural Book of Plants and Herbs. Many of the things she did with
                          herbs were utterly different to the traditional uses listed there. She had
                          read all the traditional herbalists, from the ancient Greeks to Culpepper
                          etc., and like him used astrology to assist her work, which was her life.
                          What infuriated her most was that modern doctors do not abide by the
                          Hippocratic oath and harm their patients deliberately. "Question any ward
                          sister closely and you'll see that I am right. Iatrogenic genic diseases are
                          rife. Worse, their diagnoses are like the children's game 'pinning the tail
                          on the donkey'. They are blind to what is before their eyes. ... The most
                          damnable things are radiotherapy and chemotherapy. There is no natural cure
                          for the damage they cause. I've racked my brains, tried everything. Nothing
                          works. A natural disease or accident has a natural cure. ... The worst thing
                          in the home is the microwave." (Heather herself would not even have a
                          fridge.) "The microwave destroys the living goodnes in food, an invention of
                          the devil. Its bad enough that babies drink from bottles but to microwave it
                          for convenience as well is disastrous. It may even be the cause of rising
                          childhood asthema."

                          As for preparation boil nothing. The only exception being silver birch twigs
                          which are just coming into leaf. The silver birch cleanses the blood after
                          the winter, "Red Indian medicine." This should be simmered as gently as
                          possible for half an hour. Once the leaves are out use those. In fact she
                          would use almost any part of a plant. "They tell you not to pick plants
                          because 'they could harm you' then shovel chemicals in your food. There are
                          only 8 or 9 green plants that can harm you in this country (UK)." She did
                          seem to have a distrust of mushrooms though. Whether that was farmed
                          mushrooms only or not I never found out.

                          The only thing I ever saw her dilute was nettle tea for a dog. She halved it
                          with water. Children were given the same things as adults and in the same
                          strength, even new born babies. Nettles she tore up with her bare hands.
                          They were tough from rising early and collecting several times a week.
                          Gather a carrier bag full of nettles, I use gardening gauntlets myself. The
                          stinging hairs collect dust so I find it best to wash them. (You should have
                          seen the dirty look she gave me when I put them under the tap. "What are you
                          putting that filth on them for?" "But Heather, they are covered in dust!"
                          She shrugged her shoulders and let me get on with it.) Chop then on a board
                          to make the tea stronger and put them into the biggest pan you have. Pour on
                          boiling water or fill with water and only just bring to the boil and remove
                          the heat. Keep a lid on - the essential oils are very important.

                          It turns a pale yellowish green after 10 mins and should have a very light
                          refreshing taste. Left over night it has a very dark even black green
                          colour. This is the only tea I don't put lemon in. It seems to curdle the
                          chlorophyll. As I've said, the nettle is the idea of cleanliness made
                          life-form and, whereas with anything else the leaves etc can usually be used
                          2 or 3 times and, though weaker, some benefit is obtained but in the case of
                          the nettle it seems to self-clean its own leaves and I find it insipid if
                          used more than once. If it tastes off it is off, so put it on the garden or
                          on house plants and not down the sink. Return to the Earth what it has given
                          you.

                          The first time I tasted nettle it was like a dead weight on my stomach. "You
                          really need it then. Drink another pint." A small ailment which I'd had
                          since childhood, "bubbles in the legs", disappeared and has never returned.
                          The nettle now tastes clean and refreshing to me. Light. Once they start
                          dying back after flowering they should not be used. You will see it because
                          they turn black and 'mouldy' looking. Once when I was feeling dreadful from
                          too much alcolhol the night before ("Absolutely no alcohol." But she
                          produced a bottle of sloe wine she'd made herself at Christmas time. She
                          never ever mentioned smoking. Her patients usually just did not look for
                          cigarettes if they kept to the treatment. It was keeping them too it which
                          was frustrating. "The body can be cured but there is no cure for the head!")
                          so I drank a pint of silver birch, a pint of nettle and then another silver
                          birch, the silver birch with a whole lemon each time, and I was feeling on
                          top of the world in no time. I would not recommend it as regular practice
                          though, there could easily have been contingent factors.

                          Herbs are usually additive, you can put them in together. Her cauldron
                          (literally, she had a small cauldron perpetually on the stove) had holly,
                          ivy (N.B. British ivy and NOT US poison ivy) crab apples - not too many -
                          and heaven knows what always on the go. Elder is a panacea and very good at
                          balancing female hormones. Leaves, flowers or berries. The elder is the
                          tree of life found in every old church yard with its counterpart the yew, as
                          soft as death.

                          Couch grass gives you protein. "From spring to autumn all you need buy is
                          porridge. You can live easily off the land as long as you have clean water
                          and a little carbohydrate. Hawthorn clears blood clots and conditions the
                          blood against thromboses. It is not recommended to tell the wife that you
                          are going out to look for haws though, she might take it the wrong way. The
                          dandelion is also the cure for warts. Put its milky juice on every hour or
                          two until they turn black and eventually fall off after a few days. The same
                          thing happens with nitrogen freezing as used in surgeries now. "Chamomile is
                          the best source of calcium." !! (I don't think you'll find that in any herb
                          book.)

                          Must go to bed, I'm changing from nightshift to dayshift

                          Maurice McCarthy
                          maurice.mccarthy@...
                          maurice.mccarthy@...

                        • Maurice McCarthy
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                            Paul,

                            Chop the nettles to make the brew stronger. Heather used to sieve them into
                            a funnel with an old pair of nylons to remove the scum. She'd give patients
                            5 litres at a time. The point she wanted to instill was to adopt her
                            'treatments' as a food life-style. To contiue it forever. Few if any had the
                            strength of will to do this. Roy Castle is a grand example. The British
                            entertainer had a 'miraculous' recovery from cancer but lapsed in his ways.
                            He did not have the gall to go back and beg her help because she always
                            insisted she'd help no one twice. But she would if there was a chance they
                            would not repeat their mistakes. Indeed her own cancer was not helped by the
                            fact that she did not always practice what she preached.

                            Maurice

                          • snowplank
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 4, 2003
                              Many thanks Maurice. I could read this stuff all day!

                              Paul