RE: [anthroposophy] Medicinal Compound

  • Maurice McCarthy
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2003
      Dear Jan,

      The medicinal compound was a Victorian green ointment which she used many
      purposes "most efficacious in every way", as the song goes. It smelled
      coffee-like and I made the mistake of asking her what it was made from. She
      exploded in anger, "No one robs my knowledge to where it may be abused! You
      will be told what you need to know and no more. ... Everyone gets a
      snippet." The last was said as she calmed down. Weeks later she made an
      unwarranted comment about my daughter and I turned on her. I was staggered
      at the fearful recoil this produced from her. Yet, from these unseemly
      beginnings, a mutual respect and trust formed very quickly.

      She was no anthroposophist, had not even heard of Steiner and there was
      once only that she mentioned the spirit. My first wife's mother had been
      having increasingly bad dizzy spells until she almost collapsed and the
      doctor was called he gave three possible causes, the most unlikely being a
      intermittent blood loss in the brain. As time went on she became more ashen
      and grey. Within three weeks she was taken in for diagnostic tests and the
      whole family knew it was serious. My wife pleaded for Heather to come and
      she her. She dropped everything and came right across the country. Carrying
      a brew the main ingredient of which was golden rod, "Nature's soldering
      iron." She forced four or five glasses down her throat. Within minutes it
      was obvious that she was incapable of keeping her eyes open. I seen and felt
      this effect before. There was nothing soporific in the potion but the body
      was so starved of living food that it overcame the soul to repair itself, or
      that was how I rationalised it.

      We went back 4 hours later. She had not looked in such radiant health in two
      years. Her cheeks were glowing pink and she was walking around the ward as
      nothing was wrong at all. "Now listen to me," Heather said, "You are not
      cured. You've had first aid and no more. Now get yourself out of their evil
      clutches and come down to The Fens for a few weeks until I sort you out."
      Elaine objected that she had far too many obligations to be doing such. "If
      you start submitting to radiation tests then don't come calling on me!"
      Heather grabbed my wife's arm and took her to one side, "Your mother is
      weak, a Pisces who want to swim both ways. I warn you now, get her out of
      here. I've told you many times, hospitals exist to have power over people
      not to cure them. Then want to prolong death not give life. You've got to be
      her backbone." We knew very well that all others would disagree. Hospital is
      the "best place" when you're ill.

      She submitted to the tests which showed up an aneurism. Even though she was
      over 70 the surgeon considered her general condition, especially her blood
      to be so good that an operation to insert a titanium clip was the best
      course. To please the rest of the family she agreed again. It was a triple
      aneurism and it burst upon the insult to the brain. She only just lived,
      stirring just once into consciousness before relapsing into a coma for 10
      days. The surgeon called in the family to tell them to expect the worst and
      in the unlikely event that she lived her left arm was almost certainly
      paralysed and she may be mentally impaired. We asked him to allow Heather in
      but he said it was against the hospital regulations. Upon insistence he put
      it to the Director of Ethics who bent the rules for us.

      I'll never forget the sight of Heather sauntering down the hospital corridor
      two days later. She was carelessly chewing nuts as she meandered down as if
      not a thing in the world bothered her. Tweed skirt, grey hair, tartan
      woollen socks (on a warm summer's day!) and a shawl. The head nurse and the
      director saw her in private first before allowing her onto the intensive
      care ward. She came out shaken but unbowed after half an hour. There had
      been a battle. Like an old soldier she refused to speak of it. "Let's go see
      Elaine."

      She was introduced to the ward staff and went to the bedside putting her arm
      around the patient's feed line and drip to hold her head gently in the crook
      of her arm, as she always did to assess a patient. Her eyes closed as she
      concentrated and they fluttered behind the lids like REM. I had seen this so
      many times before. As she closed the curtains round the bed she said, "Bring
      your daughter in." She gently massaged the upper chest then moved her hand
      down the right arm about an inch above it. Elaine's arm 'kicked' as if it
      had had a small electric shock. The legs kicked more violently. The legs
      kicked more violently. Then astoundingly the left arm moved. "What are
      doing?" asked my daughter. "Just putting some electricity back into the
      body. Anybody can do that its easy."

      Elaine stirred but maybe I was mistaken. "There's no more we can do just
      now. Tell the doctor I want to feed her through the nasal tube." The surgeon
      still had care wanted the hospital "filth" still to be served but the
      director over-ruled him again, for now at least. We shot off to collect and
      found yarrow in the hospital grounds themselves. We stopped two miles down
      the road. There was a reason but I don't remember. "Look allheal! That's
      rare. It's the most powerful of all to stop bleeding." We gathered some up
      and went on, stopping now and then for her to look around. "There must be an
      old church yard somewhere. They are usually good places." So shot off to St.
      Peters. Crab apple, elder, shepherd's purse, this, that and the other. We
      went next door to the park looking for nettles but they'd died back. She saw
      a great patch of dock leaves. "We'll take those instead. ... I've been
      looking at trees, you know. ... Pick some oak leaves." The tears welled up
      in my eyes. The mighty oak, defender of whole ecologies, was being called
      into service. No one, surely, ever administered oak?

      It all went back to the house and we put on the kettle. "Put some oak leaves
      into a teapot. ... No, no not too many." My wife did not pick it up but
      Heather was experimenting. Still learning. All instinct said go with it. She
      let it steep for 10 mins and drank half a cup full; then the rest and
      another. "Put a good handful of oak into the tea pot. It insulates the cell
      nucleus from drugs. Then get out the juicer." We broke three juicers that
      week. Concoctions such as I've never seen were made. Thick slimy and green.
      Garlic, peppermint, sage, rosemary - just a little, dandelion, couch grass
      and only Heather knows what. Within three days Elaine was sat up in bed and
      lucid, fully compus mentus. The left arm was not perfect but it was usable
      and could get better. The ward nurses were astounded. "I've never seen
      anything like this. Can you bring her (Heather) back again?" Heather could
      see the words on my lips. She whispered in my ear, "Don't boast. The spirit
      doesn't like it."

      The story ends unhappily. The eldest son now took objection. It was obvious
      to him that his mother cannot have been so ill after all and he wanted
      Heather out. After all no quack can cure anything. He went to the hospital
      principal later in the week who hit the roof with the Director of Ethics.
      Elaine relapsed and lost control over the most of her left side and became
      feeble minded. She never left hospital and died 10 months later. Heather
      never saw another patient. I never saw her again. Self-absorbed in the death
      throws of my marriage I did not know she had succumbed to cancer until it
      was too late. Her young niece Paula looked after her in her final days. In
      great pain she refused point blank to admit a doctor even on the day she
      died. "The best thing for a doctor is a gun. You can shoot him as he comes
      over the bedroom door," she had once said.

      Heather had a fine feel for the Ahrimanic in medicine, "the biggest Satanic
      cult in the world. Sleep deprivationation, massive indoctrination, strict
      hierarchy of authority - the hallmarks of a cult - this is a medical
      school."

      Maurice McCarthy
      home email <maurice.mccarthy@...>
      work email <maurice.mccarthy@...>

    • Lee Peters
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
        An interesting medical anecdote but a rather radical one. Break a leg, shatter an arm bone or get shot and no herbal potion or healing balm will save the limb or body. There is a middle ground and more and more doctors are embracing alternative and complementary medicine. It will take time and each must take responsibility for their health but get me to a hospital if I am injured or in need of serious attention.

        Lee

        Maurice McCarthy <maurice.mccarthy@...> wrote:
        Dear Jan,

        The medicinal compound was a Victorian green ointment which she used many
        purposes "most efficacious in every way", as the song goes. It smelled
        coffee-like and I made the mistake of asking her what it was made from. She
        exploded in anger, "No one robs my knowledge to where it may be abused! You
        will be told what you need to know and no more. ...

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Maurice McCarthy
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
          Dear Lee,

          Absolutely correct that Heather's great limitation was her one-sidedness. It
          is something I've often wondered at. Strident, formidable and
          uncompromising, she had to be these things because she was utterly on her
          own. She had no communal support. She would, however, have disagreed with
          you about the treatment of serious wounds and injuries. "The only surgeon
          goes in through the mouth." I have seen her heal a child's broken collar
          bone in 3 days and mend a savage cut without stitches. Comfrey was also
          called knitbone of old. Another herb, which I cannot remember though it was
          administered with lady's mantle, opened the cut, cleaned it and then closed
          it

          Very Best Wishes
          Maurice McCarthy
          maurice.mccarthy@...
          maurice.mccarthy@...

        • Maurice McCarthy
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
            Lee

            Even having said these things if now, without Heather, I had broken a bone I
            would go to the hospital myself

            Maurice

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
              --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Maurice McCarthy
              <maurice.mccarthy@b...> wrote:
              I have seen her heal a child's broken collar
              > bone in 3 days and mend a savage cut without stitches. Comfrey was
              also
              > called knitbone of old. Another herb, which I cannot remember
              though it was
              > administered with lady's mantle, opened the cut, cleaned it and
              then closed
              > it
              >
              > Very Best Wishes
              > Maurice McCarthy

              Paracelsus and Anthro medicine under fire in Europe, at least to the
              best of my understanding of German.

              benjamin.zoellner@...

              Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen,

              seit heute läuft die Kampagne "Naturarznei hilft. Auch gesetzlich
              Versicherten. Keinen §34 neu". Diese Kampagne, die über den
              Dachverband Anthroposophische Medizin www.damid.de auch von der
              Weleda AG unterstützt wird, ist für unsere Arzneimittel von zentraler
              Bedeutung. Nach den Reformplänen der Regierung wird es künftig (bis
              auf wenige Ausnahmen) keine Arzneimittel der Anthroposophischen
              Medizin für gesetzlich Versicherte mehr geben. Die Folgen für die
              Anthroposophische Medizin und für die Firma Weleda sind
              schwerwiegend. Methodenpluralismus und Therapiefreiheit werden
              dadurch in Deutschland faktisch außer Kraft gesetzt.

              Sorgen Sie mit Ihrer Unterstützung der Kampagne (Eintragung in die
              Unterschriftsliste unter www.naturarzneihilft.de ), dass diese
              unsinnige und schädliche Regelung nicht umgesetzt wird ! Sprechen Sie
              Ihre Freunde und Verwandten an. Es gilt jetzt massenhaften
              Bürgerwillen zu artikulieren.

              Damit Ihre Unterschrift gezählt wird, müssen Sie das e-mail, das Sie
              nach Eintragung in die Unterschriftsliste erhalten, zurücksenden.

              Mit herzlichen Grüßen

              Nikolai Keller

              Justiziar Weleda AG

              Leitung Geschäftsfelder Recht

              und Gesundheitspolitik
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
                http://ei.cs.vt.edu/~history/Turing.html

                "He was using a very precise mathematical approach to the problem.
                This gives some insight into his strong belief in the close relation
                between nature and math. Turing's ultimate goal was to merge already
                established biological theory with mathematics and computers to
                create his intelligent, multi-purpose machine. He saw the development
                of these leaves as nothing more than a simple set of steps, an
                algorithm. This matched the basic concept of his 'Turing Machine.'

                Turing died on June 7, 1954 from what the medical examiners described
                as, "self-administered potassium cyanide while in a moment of mental
                imbalance." Other reasons for his death have surfaced. His mother
                claimed that he used to experiment with household chemicals, trying
                to create new substances and became careless. Others claim he was
                homosexual and killed himself to prevent embarrassment."

                Bradford comments;

                What an amazing, lifting Waldorf penetrating study in biography and
                scientific insights that Starbirgarden downloaded. Waldorf Teachers
                could learn from this.

                Cyanide, was not only the drink of choice for spies, but as Steiner
                has indicated, deadly to fragmenting the spiritual composition of
                Man. Cyanide is used to get the Gold Process going. Huge deep sunk
                holes of cyanide used to soak and clarify the Gold, the Sun Forces.

                Cyanide was used to gas the Holocaust victims. Zyclon B it was
                called. Cyanide is that element in comets, that make them renegades
                to the cosmic order and that is why when we understand the planetary
                aspects of the seven fold structure of the human being and the
                ninefold structure of the human being we recognize the cohesive
                planetary Logos.

                Gold, as has been researched here many times, is that which carries
                the compassion and sun forces of the heart and conscience as well as
                small trace elements in sperm and the 'gold mist' used by butterflies
                when they entomb themselves and decay and pray to the Father and the
                Seraphim.

                This Seriphic Father element, the Father forces were the very forces
                that Christ was left with, as the cosmic human imago or imagio, was
                lit, to become the cohesive matter and atom booster that allows man
                to have a Spirit Man. These compassionate fission forces now flow
                through nature and humanity as a fine, fine gold substance. Atma and
                Spirit Man...and the Ahrimanic symptomolgy of the renegade comets who
                have orbits, wide afield and refused to particpate with the lawful
                development of the Planetary Logos.

                Halley's comet and Mark Twain are tied together in some sort of the
                same renegade reality. Only as previously stated, if you want to meet
                Ahriman, as Mark Twain seems to have done, you read Twain's -
                Mysterious Stranger.. My name is cyanide and I'm not from around here.

                Math and the music of the spheres was revealed by Steiner in the
                relations between the numbers of the atomic table. Gad Zooks,
                Chemical ethers and real research, what will happen next?

                Thank-you Starbirgarden
                Thank-you Jan for such an amazing ride
                To Bill Gates and beyond.
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
                  http://enchantedmind.com/html/nutrition/clustered_water.html

                  "Many scientists studying mortality now believe that aging itself is
                  really a disease, and not the inevitable experience of the biological
                  organism. A French scientist, Dr. Alexis Carrel, received the Nobel
                  Prize for keeping the cells of a chicken heart alive for 34 years.
                  Dr. Carrel concluded: "The cell is immortal. It is merely the fluid
                  (water) in which it floats that degenerates. Renew this fluid at
                  intervals, give the cells what they require for nutrition, and as far
                  as we know, the pulsation of life may go on forever." Dehydration of
                  the cells is considered a major factor in the aging process.

                  The water we drink differs substantially from the intracellular water
                  in our bodies. Tap water has a surface tension of approximately 73
                  dynes. The water in our cells has a surface tension of approximately
                  45 dynes. One of the jobs of metabolism is to reduce the surface
                  tension of the water we drink so that the body can absorb it, rather
                  than pass it through the kidneys and expel it.

                  To synthesize these two basic ideas, when the body becomes dehydrated
                  the organs are less able to pool hydrogen, and it is this pool of
                  hydrogen which helps to protect against free-radical damage. Szent-
                  Gyorgyi wrote in his book The Living State: "Attaching hydrogen to a
                  molecule means lending energy to it. Since in hydrogen the electron
                  and proton are loosely coupled, by attaching hydrogen we essentially
                  attach an electron."

                  If dehydration also assists the production of free radical damage
                  then one of our primary concerns in maintaining health is to properly
                  hydrate the body. One way to do this is to drink water that has
                  already had the surface tension reduced so that the body can readily
                  absorb it. These waters are known as clustered water and many
                  companies are now producing just such water. I personally drink a
                  clustered water along with a product that will add colloidal minerals
                  and negatively charged hydrogen. This product was created by Dr.
                  Patrick Flanagan and is known as Microhydrin. Microhydrin will reduce
                  the surface tension of purified water allowing greater conductivity
                  in body fluids. Therefore, not only is the water rendered more useful
                  to the body, but the negative hydride ions also act as a potent
                  antioxidant. Thus both essential needs of the body, proper cellular
                  hydration and free radical scavenging are accomplished by using this
                  one product.

                  Research has also shown that water has "memory" and that the shape of
                  the water molecule has a great influence on how the water is
                  assimmilated in the body. When "healing waters" from around the world
                  are examined on a molecular scale their structure tends to form a
                  beautifully symetrica six pointed star. In the few locations where
                  these specific waters do exist naturally, the people are known to
                  lead long, vibrant lives without many of the health problems that are
                  prevalent in western society. See article on Clustered Water ™"

                  Bradford comments;

                  Chromotography was used by Pfeiffer to determine the cohesive
                  nutrional value of various supermarket and biodynamic foods. The
                  Formative forces, the etheric formative forces made a visible picture
                  of the nutritional cohesion of the tested foods. One could see the
                  formative forces, just as one can enter the Hydrogen and Iron forces
                  of the Sun and see the glacier and crystal snow flake formations with
                  Hexagon, foundational life force imagery. What surprises I had when
                  working with Dr. Scharf in Spring Valley and Erica the old woman who
                  took up Dr. Pfieffers work. Carrots tasted more than carrots, apples
                  more than apples.. tomatoes more than tomatoes one could experience
                  biodyamic tastes all the way down to ones toes.

                  The facts are that Water, drinking lots and lots of water would take
                  out many of the ailments humanity suffers from. Fast Food,
                  Hydroginated Fats and all kinds of sugar laced soft drinks are the
                  kind of poison condition that the soul is embedded in which fights
                  against the human being even developing higher faculties of thinking.

                  Your Body's Many Cries for Water
                  by Feyedoon Batmanghelidj M.D.

                  A Book Review by
                  TREVOR JAMES CONSTABLE

                  "RARE indeed are those books destined to become all-time classics.
                  Even rarer are books destined to accomplish a paradigm shift in any
                  major area of modern knowledge. Of still greater rarity are books
                  destined to benefit significantly the health of countless millions of
                  human beings, at no cost to them. Such a landmark book is Your Body's
                  Many Cries for Water by Dr. F. Batmanghelidj. He is a London-educated
                  Iranian medical doctor who has made revolutionary discoveries about
                  the water metabolism of the human body. His astounding basic
                  breakthrough was made while he was confined to a Teheran prison, this
                  being a unique circumstance in itself.

                  Dr. Batmanghelidj is of aristocratic lineage in his native Iran, and
                  when the Shah was overthrown, the doctor was arrested and jailed with
                  more than 3,000 other well-born victims of the Khomeini revolution.
                  While these unfortunates wore awaiting execution, Dr. Batmanghelidj
                  was assigned as their medical officer — pending his own appearance
                  before a firing squad. He had no medical resources other than water,
                  in an environment pervaded by stress and terror. Indeed, the doctor
                  found himself incarcerated in a gigantic stress laboratory.

                  This became the milieu in which fundamental discoveries were made
                  regarding the medicinal and functional value of water. These are
                  discoveries that have eluded giant medical trusts, vast hospital
                  complexes, battalions of medical professors, universities that boast
                  about their sophisticated research facilities, and all the vaunted
                  resources of the pharmaceutical industry. None of them, or indeed,
                  all of them combined, were capable: of penetrating to the bedrock of
                  human health: adequate daily water intake.

                  Without realizing it initially, Dr. Batmanghelidj was working with
                  clinical controls in place. Prison discipline enabled him to follow
                  up his patients, who had no possibility of evasion. Forced to use
                  water medicinally, and water alone, Dr. Batmanghelidj was astonished
                  in following up his patients, to find that water was effecting full
                  cures of diverse, normally ineradicable diseases. These cures
                  occurred in a complete fashion not seen in response to medication,
                  which "treats" or "controls" such recalcitrant and diverse diseases
                  as asthma, arthritis, high blood pressure and ulcers. Official
                  medicine has only palliatives for these conditions, not cures.

                  If such diseases do not bother you personally, just ask anyone so
                  afflicted how frustrating it is to be perpetually treated but never
                  cured, by doctors who are manifestly flummoxed by such diseases. This
                  bafflement and medical inability to effect cures is almost universal
                  in orthodox medicine, and largely accounts for the stupendous and
                  ever-mounting cost of medical care. People get treated, not cured.
                  They are not cured because the basic cause of their diseases is not
                  known to classical medicine. America harbors and husbands a vast army
                  of people receiving medical "treatment".

                  Dr. Batmanghelidj was blessed by a first class medical training at
                  St. Mary's Hospital Medical School of London University, one of the
                  most respected medical schools in the western world. He was one of
                  the last students of the eminent discoverer of penicillin, Sir
                  Alexander Fleming. Thus steeped in classical orthodoxy, Dr.
                  Batmanghelidj was totally embarrassed to find that water was doing in
                  a dependable way, what medication had never been able to do. In his
                  classical medical training, like orthodox doctors world-wide, Dr.
                  Batmanghelidj was taught that it was the solid material in the body
                  (the solute) that was important. Only an incidental status was
                  assigned to the solvent aspects of the human body — to water.

                  Irrefutable clinical experience in the controlled prison environment,
                  forced the doctor to conclude that conventional medicine -- of which
                  he was himself a product — was hobbled and handicapped by a false
                  paradigm. The false paradigm undergirded, and locked in place, the
                  illusion that water was not significant in human metabolism compared
                  with the solutes, with which medical "science" has been vainly
                  wrestling, generation after generation. The truth of basic human
                  functioning, as Dr. Batmanghelidj's research progressively confirmed,
                  is that the solvent (water) and not the solute, plays the cardinal
                  role in human health.

                  Orthodox medicine has been ineffective in dealing with a wide
                  spectrum of diseases, whose etiology is classically listed
                  as "unknown," because it has this fundamental polarity of solute and
                  solvent back-to-front. The ramified and fundamental role of water has
                  simply not been comprehended. After three years doing basic research
                  in the Teheran prison, Dr. Batmanghelidj was released, and came to
                  America. Here he continued his pathfinding research on the water
                  metabolism of the human body for a further decade or more. He worked
                  with established institutions like the University of Pennsylvania,
                  lectured widely to physicians, and wrote learned papers for
                  professional publications such as the Journal of Gastroenterology.
                  The fallout from Dr. Batmanghelidj's exertions included a large
                  number of completely cured persons who had been chronically afflicted
                  with "incurable" diseases. Medical doctors were among these people.

                  Slowly but surely, numerous intelligent medical doctors and
                  researchers who studied his work, overcame the same embarrassment
                  that had consumed Dr. Batmanghelidj, when he first began
                  comprehending the cardinal role of water in human health and
                  functioning. Like Dr. Batmanghelidj, these enlightened physicians
                  came to realize that medicine was confronting a fundamental paradigm
                  shift. Some of these board-certified physicians are quoted in the
                  book. More physicians are recognizing this central truth as the
                  months pass.

                  Nothing so radical, in the root-meaning of that word, had ever
                  happened to medical knowledge in the history of the world. Chronic
                  dehydration was being identified as the fundamental matrix from which
                  most human diseases emerge. This book will leave you in no doubt that
                  America's deplorable and desperate health care crisis is born of
                  dehydration, midwifed by medical inability to deal effectively with
                  diseases whose etiology in dehydration is not understood. Almost
                  every disease arising out of dehydration is attacked with medication,
                  or combinations of medications. Sickness therefore proliferates,
                  while the sick cry out in many different ways for water — cries to
                  which doctors are deaf.

                  Countless ingrained cultural and social customs of modern America,
                  such as not drinking sufficient water, and guzzling phenomenal
                  quantities of diuretic soft drinks and diuretic coffee and tea,
                  reinforce chronic dehydration as the number one health menace in
                  America. Dr. Batmanghelidj emphasizes that drinking coffee, soft
                  drinks and juices does not counter dehydration or meet the body's
                  water needs. The only way out is by drinking water.

                  Elusive and seemingly unrelated conditions like dyspeptic pain,
                  stress and depression, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure,
                  excess body weight, chronic fatigue, arthritis, asthma and allergies,
                  insulin-independent diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, back problems and
                  a host of lesser complaints that bedevil human beings, have all
                  yielded to the ingestion of adequate daily water. Dr. Batmanghelidj
                  identifies Alzheimer's as due to dehydration of the brain.

                  Eight 8-ounce glasses daily is the recommended regimen advocated by
                  Dr. Batmanghelidj, to keep the human body fully hydrated. For each
                  cup of coffee or other caffeinated drink, an additional, compensating
                  eight-ounce glass of water is required.

                  Perhaps the most welcome and convincing finding of Dr. Batmanghelidj
                  is the key role played by dehydration in creating back ailments in
                  human beings. The spinal discs consist of about eighty percent water.
                  When these discs atrophy through varying degrees of dehydration, an
                  afflicted human is off on one of the most miserable medical merry-go-
                  rounds known to man. The human spine has to support about 75 percent
                  of body weight. Without fully-hydrated and resilient spinal discs,
                  the spine cannot perform its function properly. "Back problems"
                  ensue. Abnormal physical and nervous pressures develop and vertebrae
                  become misplaced as the spinal discs collapse. In the U.S.A., such
                  back problems are now on an epidemic scale, largely defy physicians
                  and surgeons, and endlessly persecute the afflicted.

                  Dr. Batmanghelidj has found that rehydration restores the integrity
                  and resilience of the spinal discs. Simple exercises he has devised,
                  create a natural vacuum effect: that draws the needed water back into
                  the discs, whose proper bearing function is thereby eventually
                  normalized. Contrast this with the dead-end, mechanistic "back
                  surgery" that now consumes hundreds of millions of dollars in
                  surgeons' fees and hospital costs every year.

                  Back pains are among the body's many cries for water, from which Dr.
                  Batmanghelidj's book has appropriately taken its title. The horrific
                  wheezing of an asthmatic, which is one of the most embarrassing and
                  distressing things anyone can witness, is similarly the body crying
                  for water. Dr. Batmanghelidj has demonstrated that asthma is due to
                  the body's natural histamines constricting the lungs to limit any
                  further loss of water via the breath. The person so afflicted is
                  desperately dehydrated. In the prison environment in Iran, adequate
                  water provided a cure for asthma — one of the astonishing clinical
                  results that first started Dr. Batmanghelidj thinking about the
                  medicinal power of water.

                  Dr. Batmanghelidj views the way hypertension is classically treated
                  as "scientific absurdity". The dehydrated body is desperately trying
                  to hang on to its water volume. Uncomprehending physicians intervene
                  with diuretics and literally force more water out of an already
                  dehydrated body. The author gives lucid, comprehensible descriptions
                  of the exquisite hydraulic design and engineering of the human body,
                  and the diverse functions of the cells, capillaries and membranes as
                  they operate to compensate for dehydration. If the body's many cries
                  for water are ignored, as they are in contemporary America,
                  degenerative diseases are the inevitable consequence. A congress
                  scrabbling to deal financially with an avalanche of degenerative
                  disease, is verification enough that the time has come for a new
                  medical paradigm."
                • Maurice McCarthy
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
                    Thanks for your many insights Bradford,

                    There may be someone on board who can translate the German for me. Are you
                    anything to do with Arthur Versluis's project and the Esoteria netmag?

                    Kindest Regards

                    -----------------------------------

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
                      Bradford quoted

                      TREVOR JAMES CONSTABLE

                      "Eight 8-ounce glasses daily is the recommended regimen advocated by
                      Dr. Batmanghelidj, to keep the human body fully hydrated. For each
                      cup of coffee or other caffeinated drink, an additional, compensating
                      eight-ounce glass of water is required."

                      This is exactly the quantity Heather demanded her patients drink of her
                      teas. "Minimum," she would say, to make sure that they did.

                      "... The horrific
                      wheezing of an asthmatic, which is one of the most embarrassing and
                      distressing things anyone can witness, is similarly the body crying
                      for water. Dr. Batmanghelidj has demonstrated that asthma is due to
                      the body's natural histamines constricting the lungs to limit any
                      further loss of water via the breath. The person so afflicted is
                      desperately dehydrated. In the prison environment in Iran, adequate
                      water provided a cure for asthma - one of the astonishing clinical
                      results that first started Dr. Batmanghelidj thinking about the
                      medicinal power of water."

                      The two most important herbs in the whole of Britain are the commonest
                      weeds. The stinging nettle and the dandelion. "Most people think you take
                      oxygen through the lungs, you don't, you take it through the stomach.
                      Nettles carry oxygen to the lung so that it can then work properly. Nettles
                      clean the sewerage of the whole body, the lymphatic system. You wouldn't
                      live in a house with a blocked toilet would you? So why live in a body with
                      one? It is not true that the thymus atrophies with age. It atrophies with
                      malnutrition. The cure is the nettle. You should wash your hair in nettle
                      tea. Bathe yourself in it." It feels odd with no suds but I guarantee you it
                      works.

                      "The dandelion cleans the liver. The liver cleans the blood. The blood
                      cleans its own arteries. Bypasses are useless. All disease is in the blood."
                      Drinking dandelion does indeed make you pass a lot of water but it is
                      cleaning you out.

                      " Eat according to the seasons. When the nut is on the tree take it off and
                      eat it. Freshly picked nuts are the cure for osteoporosis. They say it is a
                      hormone deficiency but that too is malnutrition. Sit down at night and
                      shell then eat a couple of pounds of nuts. No healthy bone is brittle but
                      tough."

                      Maurice McCarthy
                      home email <maurice.mccarthy@...>
                      work email <maurice.mccarthy@...>

                    • snowplank
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                        The review of Dr. Batmanghelidj's book is amazing. Thanks for that
                        Bradford.

                        I have been keeping an eye on the Clustered Water phenomenon for 2
                        years now and I have to say that I am intensely sceptical of the
                        companies who market and sell it. I admit that I could be 'throwing
                        the baby out with the bath water' so to speak, as there could well be
                        something in the clustered water theory, but I have a feeling about it
                        that just won't go away. The following website lists one sceptic's
                        inquiry...
                        http://www.ntskeptics.org/2001/2001january/january2001.htm#cluster

                        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66" <holderlin66@h...>
                        wrote:

> [...]
                        trying
                        > to hang on to its water volume. Uncomprehending physicians
                        intervene
                        > with diuretics and literally force more water out of an already
                        > dehydrated body. The author gives lucid, comprehensible
                        descriptions
                        > of the exquisite hydraulic design and engineering of the human
                        body,
                        > and the diverse functions of the cells, capillaries and membranes
                        as
                        > they operate to compensate for dehydration. If the body's many
                        cries
                        > for water are ignored, as they are in contemporary America,
                        > degenerative diseases are the inevitable consequence. A congress
                        > scrabbling to deal financially with an avalanche of degenerative
                        > disease, is verification enough that the time has come for a new
                      • snowplank
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                          Hi Maurice,

                          Like Jan, I am fascinated by your connection to Heather and your
                          snippets of information pertaining to herbal remedies. May I ask
                          whether you know of any books I may read to acquire such knowledge?
                          Also, how do you suggest I prepare nettle tea and dandelion tea? I
                          realise that this may seem like a ridiculous question (if it simply
                          involves boiling the leaves) but I come from a generation who know
                          absolutely nothing of these things. Herbal remedies to my social
                          peers consist of either smoking "jazz cigarettes" or possibly green
                          tea ;o)

                          Cheers,

                          Paul

                          **************************

                          > This e-mail message may contain privileged/confidential
                          information.
                          > It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the
                          indicated
                          > addressee (or responsible for delivery to such a person)
                          > you shall neither read nor retain this message, copy or distribute
                          it to
                          > anyone, or use this e-mail for any other purpose. In such cases,
                          please
                          > destroy the message immediately and notify the sender by return
                          e-mail.

                          **************************
                        • Maurice McCarthy
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                            Hi Paul, you asked about Heather and books.

                            I know of none. The only book I saw in her possession was the Royal
                            Horticultural Book of Plants and Herbs. Many of the things she did with
                            herbs were utterly different to the traditional uses listed there. She had
                            read all the traditional herbalists, from the ancient Greeks to Culpepper
                            etc., and like him used astrology to assist her work, which was her life.
                            What infuriated her most was that modern doctors do not abide by the
                            Hippocratic oath and harm their patients deliberately. "Question any ward
                            sister closely and you'll see that I am right. Iatrogenic genic diseases are
                            rife. Worse, their diagnoses are like the children's game 'pinning the tail
                            on the donkey'. They are blind to what is before their eyes. ... The most
                            damnable things are radiotherapy and chemotherapy. There is no natural cure
                            for the damage they cause. I've racked my brains, tried everything. Nothing
                            works. A natural disease or accident has a natural cure. ... The worst thing
                            in the home is the microwave." (Heather herself would not even have a
                            fridge.) "The microwave destroys the living goodnes in food, an invention of
                            the devil. Its bad enough that babies drink from bottles but to microwave it
                            for convenience as well is disastrous. It may even be the cause of rising
                            childhood asthema."

                            As for preparation boil nothing. The only exception being silver birch twigs
                            which are just coming into leaf. The silver birch cleanses the blood after
                            the winter, "Red Indian medicine." This should be simmered as gently as
                            possible for half an hour. Once the leaves are out use those. In fact she
                            would use almost any part of a plant. "They tell you not to pick plants
                            because 'they could harm you' then shovel chemicals in your food. There are
                            only 8 or 9 green plants that can harm you in this country (UK)." She did
                            seem to have a distrust of mushrooms though. Whether that was farmed
                            mushrooms only or not I never found out.

                            The only thing I ever saw her dilute was nettle tea for a dog. She halved it
                            with water. Children were given the same things as adults and in the same
                            strength, even new born babies. Nettles she tore up with her bare hands.
                            They were tough from rising early and collecting several times a week.
                            Gather a carrier bag full of nettles, I use gardening gauntlets myself. The
                            stinging hairs collect dust so I find it best to wash them. (You should have
                            seen the dirty look she gave me when I put them under the tap. "What are you
                            putting that filth on them for?" "But Heather, they are covered in dust!"
                            She shrugged her shoulders and let me get on with it.) Chop then on a board
                            to make the tea stronger and put them into the biggest pan you have. Pour on
                            boiling water or fill with water and only just bring to the boil and remove
                            the heat. Keep a lid on - the essential oils are very important.

                            It turns a pale yellowish green after 10 mins and should have a very light
                            refreshing taste. Left over night it has a very dark even black green
                            colour. This is the only tea I don't put lemon in. It seems to curdle the
                            chlorophyll. As I've said, the nettle is the idea of cleanliness made
                            life-form and, whereas with anything else the leaves etc can usually be used
                            2 or 3 times and, though weaker, some benefit is obtained but in the case of
                            the nettle it seems to self-clean its own leaves and I find it insipid if
                            used more than once. If it tastes off it is off, so put it on the garden or
                            on house plants and not down the sink. Return to the Earth what it has given
                            you.

                            The first time I tasted nettle it was like a dead weight on my stomach. "You
                            really need it then. Drink another pint." A small ailment which I'd had
                            since childhood, "bubbles in the legs", disappeared and has never returned.
                            The nettle now tastes clean and refreshing to me. Light. Once they start
                            dying back after flowering they should not be used. You will see it because
                            they turn black and 'mouldy' looking. Once when I was feeling dreadful from
                            too much alcolhol the night before ("Absolutely no alcohol." But she
                            produced a bottle of sloe wine she'd made herself at Christmas time. She
                            never ever mentioned smoking. Her patients usually just did not look for
                            cigarettes if they kept to the treatment. It was keeping them too it which
                            was frustrating. "The body can be cured but there is no cure for the head!")
                            so I drank a pint of silver birch, a pint of nettle and then another silver
                            birch, the silver birch with a whole lemon each time, and I was feeling on
                            top of the world in no time. I would not recommend it as regular practice
                            though, there could easily have been contingent factors.

                            Herbs are usually additive, you can put them in together. Her cauldron
                            (literally, she had a small cauldron perpetually on the stove) had holly,
                            ivy (N.B. British ivy and NOT US poison ivy) crab apples - not too many -
                            and heaven knows what always on the go. Elder is a panacea and very good at
                            balancing female hormones. Leaves, flowers or berries. The elder is the
                            tree of life found in every old church yard with its counterpart the yew, as
                            soft as death.

                            Couch grass gives you protein. "From spring to autumn all you need buy is
                            porridge. You can live easily off the land as long as you have clean water
                            and a little carbohydrate. Hawthorn clears blood clots and conditions the
                            blood against thromboses. It is not recommended to tell the wife that you
                            are going out to look for haws though, she might take it the wrong way. The
                            dandelion is also the cure for warts. Put its milky juice on every hour or
                            two until they turn black and eventually fall off after a few days. The same
                            thing happens with nitrogen freezing as used in surgeries now. "Chamomile is
                            the best source of calcium." !! (I don't think you'll find that in any herb
                            book.)

                            Must go to bed, I'm changing from nightshift to dayshift

                            Maurice McCarthy
                            maurice.mccarthy@...
                            maurice.mccarthy@...

                          • Maurice McCarthy
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                              Paul,

                              Chop the nettles to make the brew stronger. Heather used to sieve them into
                              a funnel with an old pair of nylons to remove the scum. She'd give patients
                              5 litres at a time. The point she wanted to instill was to adopt her
                              'treatments' as a food life-style. To contiue it forever. Few if any had the
                              strength of will to do this. Roy Castle is a grand example. The British
                              entertainer had a 'miraculous' recovery from cancer but lapsed in his ways.
                              He did not have the gall to go back and beg her help because she always
                              insisted she'd help no one twice. But she would if there was a chance they
                              would not repeat their mistakes. Indeed her own cancer was not helped by the
                              fact that she did not always practice what she preached.

                              Maurice

                            • snowplank
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 4, 2003
                                Many thanks Maurice. I could read this stuff all day!

                                Paul