Re: [anthroposophy] children/karma/questions....

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2000
      Dear Danny,and all,

      (And copy sent to friend, nancy)

      Thank you, danny, for your reply. I agree in every way that we must look to
      the higher destiny of the child and the karmic biography of that child and
      what its life is before birth.--In the case of Elian Gonzales, I can't but
      wonder...What is he here to learn? And what is he here to teach us, in this
      drama between the U.S. and Cuba (or of the U.S. official policy of
      condemnation of Castro...)--No easy answers at all, but these questions come
      up for me, and the questions are perhaps more important than the answers
      right now.

      Danny writes:

      > I don't know extensively the Elian Gonzales drama and all
      > that revolves around that issue. But what I do know is
      >that
      > behind a little child there is something "bigger" lying,
      > independant of the "littleness" that our senses perceive.

      Yes, when i worked in a Waldorf School, at meetings of the College of
      Teachers, one among us used to say something like this: "Just think, you
      don't even know who is sitting before you in your classroom. You don't know
      who that child is, where he or she has come from, what they are here for."
      Something like that.--Well, that made me pause. Wow, i thought! The one
      sitting here before me as a child could actually be the re-incarnated soul
      of one who was Steiner or Hitler or Alexander or Cleopatra or Shaka Zulu or
      a murderer or one who did something greatly heroic or whoever. What do i
      know!--And this made me have great reverence for those children's lives,
      whoever they were, murderer or hero in a past life. I knew they were here to
      learn something, and that we had not met for nothing. They were also here to
      teach and give something. That thought was and is for me awesome!

      Pace e Bene,