Wonderings...

  • soledad_cielo_azure
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2003
      Dear Friends in Christ,

      For perhaps a week I have spent a great deal of time reading through
      the messages posted online, and while there is a tremendous amount of
      wisdom and love-filled earnest thought devoted to this wealth of
      posting, these wholesome sharings seem very often possibly tempered
      by polar opposites. I neither judge nor criticize in any way
      whatsoever, and I so hope my words shall be understood as they are
      felt from my heart: Wonderings. It seems to me it was perhaps in
      Steiner's "Life Bet. Death & Rebirth in Relation to Cosmic Facts"
      Berlin lectures where one may find his words to the effect that
      politics has no place within Anthroposophy, further defining his
      thoughts by stating to the effect that one party faction is no more
      effective than the other(s). These same essential thoughts laid down
      by Steiner may be far more strongly felt and realized regarding
      personal attacks and derision of others I feel may be included so
      often in the list's messages, whether they regard public figures or
      listmates. I find what may appear as grave disention expressed at
      times forcefully and seemingly unkindly. For this, my first posting,
      to be saddened yet hopeful, I feel should be unnecessary given the
      high quality of most of the postings. Perhaps at times we compose and
      send without adequate reflection, and while it is unfortunately true
      to say it is extremely difficult to convey warm human feeling via
      this medium, the opposite may perhaps more easily be accomplished
      unconsciously, leaving us aghast and surprised by our very own words.
      A mailing list comprising wonderful people engaged in sharing and
      exchanging Anthroposophy is dear to all of us fortunate enough to
      have been led to these truths given us by Steiner. Perhaps we shall
      resort fully to the purpose of a list named Anthroposophy, which can
      only be engaged in by open mindedness, devotion, tolerance and a
      Spirit of Love for all of mankind and the Hierarchies.

      Lovingly,

      Soledad
    • Maurice McCarthy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2003
        Hear, hear Soledad!

        I am new to the list and not read past postings but on other lists I have
        greatly offended people with the most innocent, I thought, remarks. Face to
        face it is also a lot easier to see when someone is in jest etc. so that
        email is distinguished by what it fails to communicate also. Nevertheless I
        should probably never have "met" you without it.

        Maurice McCarthy
        maurice.mccarthy@...
        maurice.mccarthy@...

      • Soledad-Cielo-Azure
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2003
          A shining example of Positivity, Maurice! Thank you. :)

          Soledad