Medicinal Compound

  • starbirdgarden
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2003
      Dear Maurice,
      You really lightened my day with that Lily the Pink post. I bet others found it
      useful too. I am known in my family as a mad person who eats only veggie organics
      and never touches orthodox medicine, relying on herbs, homeopathic remedies,
      drinking water and the very effective remedy, clay. Clay, I suppose because of the
      suctional force of the life ether, is quite amazing, drawing toxicity selflessly into
      itself. The Christ truly penetrates the earth. One is reminded of Him mixing earth
      and spittle in healing. The point is, I am not allowed to give my Mother anything, and
      do not like to do so surreptitiously, because my brother lives with her and has final
      responsibility, and he would not like it. I can only pray for her.
      Lily the Pink sounds amazing. I had no idea that she was a real person, and such a
      wonderful one, whom I would have loved to meet. Mallow is a plant very dear to my
      heart, and oddly enough this is the first summer for years that the nature spirits have
      failed to bring one into my garden. As children we called the fruits fairy cheeses.
      Comfrey is a plant full of life force and vigour. IIt comes up everywhere around here.
      Bees love both plants, and that is good enough for me. I shall certainly try that
      remedy. Thank you very much.
      The mention of Lily made me laugh because I remembered the song, and how a
      boyfriend of mine used to drive a group of friends everywhere in a van so rusty that
      we called it?s ceiling the starry roof. We used to sing that song, altering the verses
      to suit different friends and their various peculiarities, until we broke down or, more
      usually, were stopped by the police, who once grew very excited about a stick of
      conte crayon carefully wrapped in tin foil (because it was precious to a young artist)
      and a New Testament ? Ere, wot you doing with this?
      The van finally fell apart, but when I was seventeen, having polio, I was given an
      In-valid car, and I mean invalid. They were appropriately called Tippins after the
      manufacturer, and being tall and narrow and three wheeled, they tipped over
      constantly. They had pram type roofs, and motorbike engines, with a kind of
      handlebar, and were terribly dangerous.
      My father taught me to drive with the memorable maxim, ?Treat it like a Churchill
      tank and go like a bat out of hell.? Which I did and never got hurt. I did get chased
      by the police once, however, with my husband of several days crouched illegally on
      the floor, eyes closed in terrified prayer, speeding along in the early hours of the
      morning at full throttle. I did hear the sirens, but couldn?t believe they were after me.
      The policeman?s first words were, ? we?ve been trying to catch you all through Notting
      Hill Gate? the only thing that saved me from being charged was how ridiculous it
      would have made him sound, chasing an invalid car.
      I am fascinated by your life on the oil rig, so different to mine, which is one thing I
      am growing to love about these postings. Bradford?s wedding was wonderful, and I
      would never have seen anything so amazing in England. I loved it. We really get to
      share in things that we would otherwise never know.
      Your honesty saved the day when you oiled everything so liberally. You reminded
      me of my father, who refused ever to lie, even when my sister and I begged him to
      tell some ex boyfriend that we were not in. He used to say that a man should scorn
      to tell a lie.
      He was wild and wonderful, and happily tossed us children into freezing seas and
      rivers, which we loved, made me struggle up Arthur?s Seat (the easy side) knew every
      bird and plant by its Latin and common name, could work wood, and metals, make
      anything out of anything and recite long narrative poems such as How Horatio kept
      the Bridge,

      ?And those at the back cried forward,
      and those at the front cried back!?

      They would, wouldn?t they? He loved that line. Hated war, armies and anything
      uniform. He never accepted that policemen, for instance had the right to tell him
      where he could park, and we wived in dread of his being arrested. We shall not see
      the like of that generation again.
      Thinking of the etherising type of oil makes me think of Steiner?s statement that Paul
      walked the lands of the Olive Tree.
      Here is something I wrote about a very special plant my father showed me.

      Soloman's Seal

      A day came when my father said,
      Come! Something wonderful to see!
      Lifted me upon his shoulders.
      I rode as a queen
      Whose realm was green and gold and green.
      Brambles were spiteful to his boots
      Bracken fell broken before leather leggins
      Stained with sap
      While I swayed precious and safe and free,
      Tree high, pulling at leaves
      Pulling at leaves and branches and leaves
      His accented voice sang
      Wedded the day and warmed the air
      That was strung with bees.
      This his element
      This gentle man whose boyhood days
      Had roamed the Scottish hills
      Had walked the hills and truly knew the hills
      Whose lore and love of birds
      Had spread his fame from glen to glen
      Ye ken, they said, the Laddie Farquharson
      He'll know this plant, this bird, this tree -
      And we, on a day become a memory
      We came upon an ancient mound
      Where something wonderful waited
      Where my own sword was to be
      Fitted to my hand forever -
      And there he set me down
      Amid the springing green and gold and green
      Tall firs flung themselves like spears
      At the sun for utter love.
      Above, birds piped and chanted
      And something wonderful grew in long grass
      Grew and arched and spread
      Taking space into new shapes and signs and shapes
      Green leaves paired
      And bees gatherred gold in secret
      From the white toothed hanging flowers
      And hours passed, or seemed like hours -
      Backlit, a greenfly walked a blade of grass
      Passed into emerald
      Passed into the day and into my heart
      Stamped, imprinted and sealed
      With Solomans Seal.

      Jan
    • Maurice McCarthy
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2003
        Dear Jan,

        The medicinal compound was a Victorian green ointment which she used many
        purposes "most efficacious in every way", as the song goes. It smelled
        coffee-like and I made the mistake of asking her what it was made from. She
        exploded in anger, "No one robs my knowledge to where it may be abused! You
        will be told what you need to know and no more. ... Everyone gets a
        snippet." The last was said as she calmed down. Weeks later she made an
        unwarranted comment about my daughter and I turned on her. I was staggered
        at the fearful recoil this produced from her. Yet, from these unseemly
        beginnings, a mutual respect and trust formed very quickly.

        She was no anthroposophist, had not even heard of Steiner and there was
        once only that she mentioned the spirit. My first wife's mother had been
        having increasingly bad dizzy spells until she almost collapsed and the
        doctor was called he gave three possible causes, the most unlikely being a
        intermittent blood loss in the brain. As time went on she became more ashen
        and grey. Within three weeks she was taken in for diagnostic tests and the
        whole family knew it was serious. My wife pleaded for Heather to come and
        she her. She dropped everything and came right across the country. Carrying
        a brew the main ingredient of which was golden rod, "Nature's soldering
        iron." She forced four or five glasses down her throat. Within minutes it
        was obvious that she was incapable of keeping her eyes open. I seen and felt
        this effect before. There was nothing soporific in the potion but the body
        was so starved of living food that it overcame the soul to repair itself, or
        that was how I rationalised it.

        We went back 4 hours later. She had not looked in such radiant health in two
        years. Her cheeks were glowing pink and she was walking around the ward as
        nothing was wrong at all. "Now listen to me," Heather said, "You are not
        cured. You've had first aid and no more. Now get yourself out of their evil
        clutches and come down to The Fens for a few weeks until I sort you out."
        Elaine objected that she had far too many obligations to be doing such. "If
        you start submitting to radiation tests then don't come calling on me!"
        Heather grabbed my wife's arm and took her to one side, "Your mother is
        weak, a Pisces who want to swim both ways. I warn you now, get her out of
        here. I've told you many times, hospitals exist to have power over people
        not to cure them. Then want to prolong death not give life. You've got to be
        her backbone." We knew very well that all others would disagree. Hospital is
        the "best place" when you're ill.

        She submitted to the tests which showed up an aneurism. Even though she was
        over 70 the surgeon considered her general condition, especially her blood
        to be so good that an operation to insert a titanium clip was the best
        course. To please the rest of the family she agreed again. It was a triple
        aneurism and it burst upon the insult to the brain. She only just lived,
        stirring just once into consciousness before relapsing into a coma for 10
        days. The surgeon called in the family to tell them to expect the worst and
        in the unlikely event that she lived her left arm was almost certainly
        paralysed and she may be mentally impaired. We asked him to allow Heather in
        but he said it was against the hospital regulations. Upon insistence he put
        it to the Director of Ethics who bent the rules for us.

        I'll never forget the sight of Heather sauntering down the hospital corridor
        two days later. She was carelessly chewing nuts as she meandered down as if
        not a thing in the world bothered her. Tweed skirt, grey hair, tartan
        woollen socks (on a warm summer's day!) and a shawl. The head nurse and the
        director saw her in private first before allowing her onto the intensive
        care ward. She came out shaken but unbowed after half an hour. There had
        been a battle. Like an old soldier she refused to speak of it. "Let's go see
        Elaine."

        She was introduced to the ward staff and went to the bedside putting her arm
        around the patient's feed line and drip to hold her head gently in the crook
        of her arm, as she always did to assess a patient. Her eyes closed as she
        concentrated and they fluttered behind the lids like REM. I had seen this so
        many times before. As she closed the curtains round the bed she said, "Bring
        your daughter in." She gently massaged the upper chest then moved her hand
        down the right arm about an inch above it. Elaine's arm 'kicked' as if it
        had had a small electric shock. The legs kicked more violently. The legs
        kicked more violently. Then astoundingly the left arm moved. "What are
        doing?" asked my daughter. "Just putting some electricity back into the
        body. Anybody can do that its easy."

        Elaine stirred but maybe I was mistaken. "There's no more we can do just
        now. Tell the doctor I want to feed her through the nasal tube." The surgeon
        still had care wanted the hospital "filth" still to be served but the
        director over-ruled him again, for now at least. We shot off to collect and
        found yarrow in the hospital grounds themselves. We stopped two miles down
        the road. There was a reason but I don't remember. "Look allheal! That's
        rare. It's the most powerful of all to stop bleeding." We gathered some up
        and went on, stopping now and then for her to look around. "There must be an
        old church yard somewhere. They are usually good places." So shot off to St.
        Peters. Crab apple, elder, shepherd's purse, this, that and the other. We
        went next door to the park looking for nettles but they'd died back. She saw
        a great patch of dock leaves. "We'll take those instead. ... I've been
        looking at trees, you know. ... Pick some oak leaves." The tears welled up
        in my eyes. The mighty oak, defender of whole ecologies, was being called
        into service. No one, surely, ever administered oak?

        It all went back to the house and we put on the kettle. "Put some oak leaves
        into a teapot. ... No, no not too many." My wife did not pick it up but
        Heather was experimenting. Still learning. All instinct said go with it. She
        let it steep for 10 mins and drank half a cup full; then the rest and
        another. "Put a good handful of oak into the tea pot. It insulates the cell
        nucleus from drugs. Then get out the juicer." We broke three juicers that
        week. Concoctions such as I've never seen were made. Thick slimy and green.
        Garlic, peppermint, sage, rosemary - just a little, dandelion, couch grass
        and only Heather knows what. Within three days Elaine was sat up in bed and
        lucid, fully compus mentus. The left arm was not perfect but it was usable
        and could get better. The ward nurses were astounded. "I've never seen
        anything like this. Can you bring her (Heather) back again?" Heather could
        see the words on my lips. She whispered in my ear, "Don't boast. The spirit
        doesn't like it."

        The story ends unhappily. The eldest son now took objection. It was obvious
        to him that his mother cannot have been so ill after all and he wanted
        Heather out. After all no quack can cure anything. He went to the hospital
        principal later in the week who hit the roof with the Director of Ethics.
        Elaine relapsed and lost control over the most of her left side and became
        feeble minded. She never left hospital and died 10 months later. Heather
        never saw another patient. I never saw her again. Self-absorbed in the death
        throws of my marriage I did not know she had succumbed to cancer until it
        was too late. Her young niece Paula looked after her in her final days. In
        great pain she refused point blank to admit a doctor even on the day she
        died. "The best thing for a doctor is a gun. You can shoot him as he comes
        over the bedroom door," she had once said.

        Heather had a fine feel for the Ahrimanic in medicine, "the biggest Satanic
        cult in the world. Sleep deprivationation, massive indoctrination, strict
        hierarchy of authority - the hallmarks of a cult - this is a medical
        school."

        Maurice McCarthy
        home email <maurice.mccarthy@...>
        work email <maurice.mccarthy@...>

      • Lee Peters
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
          An interesting medical anecdote but a rather radical one. Break a leg, shatter an arm bone or get shot and no herbal potion or healing balm will save the limb or body. There is a middle ground and more and more doctors are embracing alternative and complementary medicine. It will take time and each must take responsibility for their health but get me to a hospital if I am injured or in need of serious attention.

          Lee

          Maurice McCarthy <maurice.mccarthy@...> wrote:
          Dear Jan,

          The medicinal compound was a Victorian green ointment which she used many
          purposes "most efficacious in every way", as the song goes. It smelled
          coffee-like and I made the mistake of asking her what it was made from. She
          exploded in anger, "No one robs my knowledge to where it may be abused! You
          will be told what you need to know and no more. ...

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Maurice McCarthy
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
            Dear Lee,

            Absolutely correct that Heather's great limitation was her one-sidedness. It
            is something I've often wondered at. Strident, formidable and
            uncompromising, she had to be these things because she was utterly on her
            own. She had no communal support. She would, however, have disagreed with
            you about the treatment of serious wounds and injuries. "The only surgeon
            goes in through the mouth." I have seen her heal a child's broken collar
            bone in 3 days and mend a savage cut without stitches. Comfrey was also
            called knitbone of old. Another herb, which I cannot remember though it was
            administered with lady's mantle, opened the cut, cleaned it and then closed
            it

            Very Best Wishes
            Maurice McCarthy
            maurice.mccarthy@...
            maurice.mccarthy@...

          • Maurice McCarthy
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
              Lee

              Even having said these things if now, without Heather, I had broken a bone I
              would go to the hospital myself

              Maurice

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
                --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Maurice McCarthy
                <maurice.mccarthy@b...> wrote:
                I have seen her heal a child's broken collar
                > bone in 3 days and mend a savage cut without stitches. Comfrey was
                also
                > called knitbone of old. Another herb, which I cannot remember
                though it was
                > administered with lady's mantle, opened the cut, cleaned it and
                then closed
                > it
                >
                > Very Best Wishes
                > Maurice McCarthy

                Paracelsus and Anthro medicine under fire in Europe, at least to the
                best of my understanding of German.

                benjamin.zoellner@...

                Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen,

                seit heute läuft die Kampagne "Naturarznei hilft. Auch gesetzlich
                Versicherten. Keinen §34 neu". Diese Kampagne, die über den
                Dachverband Anthroposophische Medizin www.damid.de auch von der
                Weleda AG unterstützt wird, ist für unsere Arzneimittel von zentraler
                Bedeutung. Nach den Reformplänen der Regierung wird es künftig (bis
                auf wenige Ausnahmen) keine Arzneimittel der Anthroposophischen
                Medizin für gesetzlich Versicherte mehr geben. Die Folgen für die
                Anthroposophische Medizin und für die Firma Weleda sind
                schwerwiegend. Methodenpluralismus und Therapiefreiheit werden
                dadurch in Deutschland faktisch außer Kraft gesetzt.

                Sorgen Sie mit Ihrer Unterstützung der Kampagne (Eintragung in die
                Unterschriftsliste unter www.naturarzneihilft.de ), dass diese
                unsinnige und schädliche Regelung nicht umgesetzt wird ! Sprechen Sie
                Ihre Freunde und Verwandten an. Es gilt jetzt massenhaften
                Bürgerwillen zu artikulieren.

                Damit Ihre Unterschrift gezählt wird, müssen Sie das e-mail, das Sie
                nach Eintragung in die Unterschriftsliste erhalten, zurücksenden.

                Mit herzlichen Grüßen

                Nikolai Keller

                Justiziar Weleda AG

                Leitung Geschäftsfelder Recht

                und Gesundheitspolitik
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
                  http://ei.cs.vt.edu/~history/Turing.html

                  "He was using a very precise mathematical approach to the problem.
                  This gives some insight into his strong belief in the close relation
                  between nature and math. Turing's ultimate goal was to merge already
                  established biological theory with mathematics and computers to
                  create his intelligent, multi-purpose machine. He saw the development
                  of these leaves as nothing more than a simple set of steps, an
                  algorithm. This matched the basic concept of his 'Turing Machine.'

                  Turing died on June 7, 1954 from what the medical examiners described
                  as, "self-administered potassium cyanide while in a moment of mental
                  imbalance." Other reasons for his death have surfaced. His mother
                  claimed that he used to experiment with household chemicals, trying
                  to create new substances and became careless. Others claim he was
                  homosexual and killed himself to prevent embarrassment."

                  Bradford comments;

                  What an amazing, lifting Waldorf penetrating study in biography and
                  scientific insights that Starbirgarden downloaded. Waldorf Teachers
                  could learn from this.

                  Cyanide, was not only the drink of choice for spies, but as Steiner
                  has indicated, deadly to fragmenting the spiritual composition of
                  Man. Cyanide is used to get the Gold Process going. Huge deep sunk
                  holes of cyanide used to soak and clarify the Gold, the Sun Forces.

                  Cyanide was used to gas the Holocaust victims. Zyclon B it was
                  called. Cyanide is that element in comets, that make them renegades
                  to the cosmic order and that is why when we understand the planetary
                  aspects of the seven fold structure of the human being and the
                  ninefold structure of the human being we recognize the cohesive
                  planetary Logos.

                  Gold, as has been researched here many times, is that which carries
                  the compassion and sun forces of the heart and conscience as well as
                  small trace elements in sperm and the 'gold mist' used by butterflies
                  when they entomb themselves and decay and pray to the Father and the
                  Seraphim.

                  This Seriphic Father element, the Father forces were the very forces
                  that Christ was left with, as the cosmic human imago or imagio, was
                  lit, to become the cohesive matter and atom booster that allows man
                  to have a Spirit Man. These compassionate fission forces now flow
                  through nature and humanity as a fine, fine gold substance. Atma and
                  Spirit Man...and the Ahrimanic symptomolgy of the renegade comets who
                  have orbits, wide afield and refused to particpate with the lawful
                  development of the Planetary Logos.

                  Halley's comet and Mark Twain are tied together in some sort of the
                  same renegade reality. Only as previously stated, if you want to meet
                  Ahriman, as Mark Twain seems to have done, you read Twain's -
                  Mysterious Stranger.. My name is cyanide and I'm not from around here.

                  Math and the music of the spheres was revealed by Steiner in the
                  relations between the numbers of the atomic table. Gad Zooks,
                  Chemical ethers and real research, what will happen next?

                  Thank-you Starbirgarden
                  Thank-you Jan for such an amazing ride
                  To Bill Gates and beyond.
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
                    http://enchantedmind.com/html/nutrition/clustered_water.html

                    "Many scientists studying mortality now believe that aging itself is
                    really a disease, and not the inevitable experience of the biological
                    organism. A French scientist, Dr. Alexis Carrel, received the Nobel
                    Prize for keeping the cells of a chicken heart alive for 34 years.
                    Dr. Carrel concluded: "The cell is immortal. It is merely the fluid
                    (water) in which it floats that degenerates. Renew this fluid at
                    intervals, give the cells what they require for nutrition, and as far
                    as we know, the pulsation of life may go on forever." Dehydration of
                    the cells is considered a major factor in the aging process.

                    The water we drink differs substantially from the intracellular water
                    in our bodies. Tap water has a surface tension of approximately 73
                    dynes. The water in our cells has a surface tension of approximately
                    45 dynes. One of the jobs of metabolism is to reduce the surface
                    tension of the water we drink so that the body can absorb it, rather
                    than pass it through the kidneys and expel it.

                    To synthesize these two basic ideas, when the body becomes dehydrated
                    the organs are less able to pool hydrogen, and it is this pool of
                    hydrogen which helps to protect against free-radical damage. Szent-
                    Gyorgyi wrote in his book The Living State: "Attaching hydrogen to a
                    molecule means lending energy to it. Since in hydrogen the electron
                    and proton are loosely coupled, by attaching hydrogen we essentially
                    attach an electron."

                    If dehydration also assists the production of free radical damage
                    then one of our primary concerns in maintaining health is to properly
                    hydrate the body. One way to do this is to drink water that has
                    already had the surface tension reduced so that the body can readily
                    absorb it. These waters are known as clustered water and many
                    companies are now producing just such water. I personally drink a
                    clustered water along with a product that will add colloidal minerals
                    and negatively charged hydrogen. This product was created by Dr.
                    Patrick Flanagan and is known as Microhydrin. Microhydrin will reduce
                    the surface tension of purified water allowing greater conductivity
                    in body fluids. Therefore, not only is the water rendered more useful
                    to the body, but the negative hydride ions also act as a potent
                    antioxidant. Thus both essential needs of the body, proper cellular
                    hydration and free radical scavenging are accomplished by using this
                    one product.

                    Research has also shown that water has "memory" and that the shape of
                    the water molecule has a great influence on how the water is
                    assimmilated in the body. When "healing waters" from around the world
                    are examined on a molecular scale their structure tends to form a
                    beautifully symetrica six pointed star. In the few locations where
                    these specific waters do exist naturally, the people are known to
                    lead long, vibrant lives without many of the health problems that are
                    prevalent in western society. See article on Clustered Water ™"

                    Bradford comments;

                    Chromotography was used by Pfeiffer to determine the cohesive
                    nutrional value of various supermarket and biodynamic foods. The
                    Formative forces, the etheric formative forces made a visible picture
                    of the nutritional cohesion of the tested foods. One could see the
                    formative forces, just as one can enter the Hydrogen and Iron forces
                    of the Sun and see the glacier and crystal snow flake formations with
                    Hexagon, foundational life force imagery. What surprises I had when
                    working with Dr. Scharf in Spring Valley and Erica the old woman who
                    took up Dr. Pfieffers work. Carrots tasted more than carrots, apples
                    more than apples.. tomatoes more than tomatoes one could experience
                    biodyamic tastes all the way down to ones toes.

                    The facts are that Water, drinking lots and lots of water would take
                    out many of the ailments humanity suffers from. Fast Food,
                    Hydroginated Fats and all kinds of sugar laced soft drinks are the
                    kind of poison condition that the soul is embedded in which fights
                    against the human being even developing higher faculties of thinking.

                    Your Body's Many Cries for Water
                    by Feyedoon Batmanghelidj M.D.

                    A Book Review by
                    TREVOR JAMES CONSTABLE

                    "RARE indeed are those books destined to become all-time classics.
                    Even rarer are books destined to accomplish a paradigm shift in any
                    major area of modern knowledge. Of still greater rarity are books
                    destined to benefit significantly the health of countless millions of
                    human beings, at no cost to them. Such a landmark book is Your Body's
                    Many Cries for Water by Dr. F. Batmanghelidj. He is a London-educated
                    Iranian medical doctor who has made revolutionary discoveries about
                    the water metabolism of the human body. His astounding basic
                    breakthrough was made while he was confined to a Teheran prison, this
                    being a unique circumstance in itself.

                    Dr. Batmanghelidj is of aristocratic lineage in his native Iran, and
                    when the Shah was overthrown, the doctor was arrested and jailed with
                    more than 3,000 other well-born victims of the Khomeini revolution.
                    While these unfortunates wore awaiting execution, Dr. Batmanghelidj
                    was assigned as their medical officer — pending his own appearance
                    before a firing squad. He had no medical resources other than water,
                    in an environment pervaded by stress and terror. Indeed, the doctor
                    found himself incarcerated in a gigantic stress laboratory.

                    This became the milieu in which fundamental discoveries were made
                    regarding the medicinal and functional value of water. These are
                    discoveries that have eluded giant medical trusts, vast hospital
                    complexes, battalions of medical professors, universities that boast
                    about their sophisticated research facilities, and all the vaunted
                    resources of the pharmaceutical industry. None of them, or indeed,
                    all of them combined, were capable: of penetrating to the bedrock of
                    human health: adequate daily water intake.

                    Without realizing it initially, Dr. Batmanghelidj was working with
                    clinical controls in place. Prison discipline enabled him to follow
                    up his patients, who had no possibility of evasion. Forced to use
                    water medicinally, and water alone, Dr. Batmanghelidj was astonished
                    in following up his patients, to find that water was effecting full
                    cures of diverse, normally ineradicable diseases. These cures
                    occurred in a complete fashion not seen in response to medication,
                    which "treats" or "controls" such recalcitrant and diverse diseases
                    as asthma, arthritis, high blood pressure and ulcers. Official
                    medicine has only palliatives for these conditions, not cures.

                    If such diseases do not bother you personally, just ask anyone so
                    afflicted how frustrating it is to be perpetually treated but never
                    cured, by doctors who are manifestly flummoxed by such diseases. This
                    bafflement and medical inability to effect cures is almost universal
                    in orthodox medicine, and largely accounts for the stupendous and
                    ever-mounting cost of medical care. People get treated, not cured.
                    They are not cured because the basic cause of their diseases is not
                    known to classical medicine. America harbors and husbands a vast army
                    of people receiving medical "treatment".

                    Dr. Batmanghelidj was blessed by a first class medical training at
                    St. Mary's Hospital Medical School of London University, one of the
                    most respected medical schools in the western world. He was one of
                    the last students of the eminent discoverer of penicillin, Sir
                    Alexander Fleming. Thus steeped in classical orthodoxy, Dr.
                    Batmanghelidj was totally embarrassed to find that water was doing in
                    a dependable way, what medication had never been able to do. In his
                    classical medical training, like orthodox doctors world-wide, Dr.
                    Batmanghelidj was taught that it was the solid material in the body
                    (the solute) that was important. Only an incidental status was
                    assigned to the solvent aspects of the human body — to water.

                    Irrefutable clinical experience in the controlled prison environment,
                    forced the doctor to conclude that conventional medicine -- of which
                    he was himself a product — was hobbled and handicapped by a false
                    paradigm. The false paradigm undergirded, and locked in place, the
                    illusion that water was not significant in human metabolism compared
                    with the solutes, with which medical "science" has been vainly
                    wrestling, generation after generation. The truth of basic human
                    functioning, as Dr. Batmanghelidj's research progressively confirmed,
                    is that the solvent (water) and not the solute, plays the cardinal
                    role in human health.

                    Orthodox medicine has been ineffective in dealing with a wide
                    spectrum of diseases, whose etiology is classically listed
                    as "unknown," because it has this fundamental polarity of solute and
                    solvent back-to-front. The ramified and fundamental role of water has
                    simply not been comprehended. After three years doing basic research
                    in the Teheran prison, Dr. Batmanghelidj was released, and came to
                    America. Here he continued his pathfinding research on the water
                    metabolism of the human body for a further decade or more. He worked
                    with established institutions like the University of Pennsylvania,
                    lectured widely to physicians, and wrote learned papers for
                    professional publications such as the Journal of Gastroenterology.
                    The fallout from Dr. Batmanghelidj's exertions included a large
                    number of completely cured persons who had been chronically afflicted
                    with "incurable" diseases. Medical doctors were among these people.

                    Slowly but surely, numerous intelligent medical doctors and
                    researchers who studied his work, overcame the same embarrassment
                    that had consumed Dr. Batmanghelidj, when he first began
                    comprehending the cardinal role of water in human health and
                    functioning. Like Dr. Batmanghelidj, these enlightened physicians
                    came to realize that medicine was confronting a fundamental paradigm
                    shift. Some of these board-certified physicians are quoted in the
                    book. More physicians are recognizing this central truth as the
                    months pass.

                    Nothing so radical, in the root-meaning of that word, had ever
                    happened to medical knowledge in the history of the world. Chronic
                    dehydration was being identified as the fundamental matrix from which
                    most human diseases emerge. This book will leave you in no doubt that
                    America's deplorable and desperate health care crisis is born of
                    dehydration, midwifed by medical inability to deal effectively with
                    diseases whose etiology in dehydration is not understood. Almost
                    every disease arising out of dehydration is attacked with medication,
                    or combinations of medications. Sickness therefore proliferates,
                    while the sick cry out in many different ways for water — cries to
                    which doctors are deaf.

                    Countless ingrained cultural and social customs of modern America,
                    such as not drinking sufficient water, and guzzling phenomenal
                    quantities of diuretic soft drinks and diuretic coffee and tea,
                    reinforce chronic dehydration as the number one health menace in
                    America. Dr. Batmanghelidj emphasizes that drinking coffee, soft
                    drinks and juices does not counter dehydration or meet the body's
                    water needs. The only way out is by drinking water.

                    Elusive and seemingly unrelated conditions like dyspeptic pain,
                    stress and depression, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure,
                    excess body weight, chronic fatigue, arthritis, asthma and allergies,
                    insulin-independent diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, back problems and
                    a host of lesser complaints that bedevil human beings, have all
                    yielded to the ingestion of adequate daily water. Dr. Batmanghelidj
                    identifies Alzheimer's as due to dehydration of the brain.

                    Eight 8-ounce glasses daily is the recommended regimen advocated by
                    Dr. Batmanghelidj, to keep the human body fully hydrated. For each
                    cup of coffee or other caffeinated drink, an additional, compensating
                    eight-ounce glass of water is required.

                    Perhaps the most welcome and convincing finding of Dr. Batmanghelidj
                    is the key role played by dehydration in creating back ailments in
                    human beings. The spinal discs consist of about eighty percent water.
                    When these discs atrophy through varying degrees of dehydration, an
                    afflicted human is off on one of the most miserable medical merry-go-
                    rounds known to man. The human spine has to support about 75 percent
                    of body weight. Without fully-hydrated and resilient spinal discs,
                    the spine cannot perform its function properly. "Back problems"
                    ensue. Abnormal physical and nervous pressures develop and vertebrae
                    become misplaced as the spinal discs collapse. In the U.S.A., such
                    back problems are now on an epidemic scale, largely defy physicians
                    and surgeons, and endlessly persecute the afflicted.

                    Dr. Batmanghelidj has found that rehydration restores the integrity
                    and resilience of the spinal discs. Simple exercises he has devised,
                    create a natural vacuum effect: that draws the needed water back into
                    the discs, whose proper bearing function is thereby eventually
                    normalized. Contrast this with the dead-end, mechanistic "back
                    surgery" that now consumes hundreds of millions of dollars in
                    surgeons' fees and hospital costs every year.

                    Back pains are among the body's many cries for water, from which Dr.
                    Batmanghelidj's book has appropriately taken its title. The horrific
                    wheezing of an asthmatic, which is one of the most embarrassing and
                    distressing things anyone can witness, is similarly the body crying
                    for water. Dr. Batmanghelidj has demonstrated that asthma is due to
                    the body's natural histamines constricting the lungs to limit any
                    further loss of water via the breath. The person so afflicted is
                    desperately dehydrated. In the prison environment in Iran, adequate
                    water provided a cure for asthma — one of the astonishing clinical
                    results that first started Dr. Batmanghelidj thinking about the
                    medicinal power of water.

                    Dr. Batmanghelidj views the way hypertension is classically treated
                    as "scientific absurdity". The dehydrated body is desperately trying
                    to hang on to its water volume. Uncomprehending physicians intervene
                    with diuretics and literally force more water out of an already
                    dehydrated body. The author gives lucid, comprehensible descriptions
                    of the exquisite hydraulic design and engineering of the human body,
                    and the diverse functions of the cells, capillaries and membranes as
                    they operate to compensate for dehydration. If the body's many cries
                    for water are ignored, as they are in contemporary America,
                    degenerative diseases are the inevitable consequence. A congress
                    scrabbling to deal financially with an avalanche of degenerative
                    disease, is verification enough that the time has come for a new
                    medical paradigm."
                  • Maurice McCarthy
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
                      Thanks for your many insights Bradford,

                      There may be someone on board who can translate the German for me. Are you
                      anything to do with Arthur Versluis's project and the Esoteria netmag?

                      Kindest Regards

                      -----------------------------------

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 2, 2003
                        Bradford quoted

                        TREVOR JAMES CONSTABLE

                        "Eight 8-ounce glasses daily is the recommended regimen advocated by
                        Dr. Batmanghelidj, to keep the human body fully hydrated. For each
                        cup of coffee or other caffeinated drink, an additional, compensating
                        eight-ounce glass of water is required."

                        This is exactly the quantity Heather demanded her patients drink of her
                        teas. "Minimum," she would say, to make sure that they did.

                        "... The horrific
                        wheezing of an asthmatic, which is one of the most embarrassing and
                        distressing things anyone can witness, is similarly the body crying
                        for water. Dr. Batmanghelidj has demonstrated that asthma is due to
                        the body's natural histamines constricting the lungs to limit any
                        further loss of water via the breath. The person so afflicted is
                        desperately dehydrated. In the prison environment in Iran, adequate
                        water provided a cure for asthma - one of the astonishing clinical
                        results that first started Dr. Batmanghelidj thinking about the
                        medicinal power of water."

                        The two most important herbs in the whole of Britain are the commonest
                        weeds. The stinging nettle and the dandelion. "Most people think you take
                        oxygen through the lungs, you don't, you take it through the stomach.
                        Nettles carry oxygen to the lung so that it can then work properly. Nettles
                        clean the sewerage of the whole body, the lymphatic system. You wouldn't
                        live in a house with a blocked toilet would you? So why live in a body with
                        one? It is not true that the thymus atrophies with age. It atrophies with
                        malnutrition. The cure is the nettle. You should wash your hair in nettle
                        tea. Bathe yourself in it." It feels odd with no suds but I guarantee you it
                        works.

                        "The dandelion cleans the liver. The liver cleans the blood. The blood
                        cleans its own arteries. Bypasses are useless. All disease is in the blood."
                        Drinking dandelion does indeed make you pass a lot of water but it is
                        cleaning you out.

                        " Eat according to the seasons. When the nut is on the tree take it off and
                        eat it. Freshly picked nuts are the cure for osteoporosis. They say it is a
                        hormone deficiency but that too is malnutrition. Sit down at night and
                        shell then eat a couple of pounds of nuts. No healthy bone is brittle but
                        tough."

                        Maurice McCarthy
                        home email <maurice.mccarthy@...>
                        work email <maurice.mccarthy@...>

                      • snowplank
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                          The review of Dr. Batmanghelidj's book is amazing. Thanks for that
                          Bradford.

                          I have been keeping an eye on the Clustered Water phenomenon for 2
                          years now and I have to say that I am intensely sceptical of the
                          companies who market and sell it. I admit that I could be 'throwing
                          the baby out with the bath water' so to speak, as there could well be
                          something in the clustered water theory, but I have a feeling about it
                          that just won't go away. The following website lists one sceptic's
                          inquiry...
                          http://www.ntskeptics.org/2001/2001january/january2001.htm#cluster

                          --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66" <holderlin66@h...>
                          wrote:

> [...]
                          trying
                          > to hang on to its water volume. Uncomprehending physicians
                          intervene
                          > with diuretics and literally force more water out of an already
                          > dehydrated body. The author gives lucid, comprehensible
                          descriptions
                          > of the exquisite hydraulic design and engineering of the human
                          body,
                          > and the diverse functions of the cells, capillaries and membranes
                          as
                          > they operate to compensate for dehydration. If the body's many
                          cries
                          > for water are ignored, as they are in contemporary America,
                          > degenerative diseases are the inevitable consequence. A congress
                          > scrabbling to deal financially with an avalanche of degenerative
                          > disease, is verification enough that the time has come for a new
                        • snowplank
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                            Hi Maurice,

                            Like Jan, I am fascinated by your connection to Heather and your
                            snippets of information pertaining to herbal remedies. May I ask
                            whether you know of any books I may read to acquire such knowledge?
                            Also, how do you suggest I prepare nettle tea and dandelion tea? I
                            realise that this may seem like a ridiculous question (if it simply
                            involves boiling the leaves) but I come from a generation who know
                            absolutely nothing of these things. Herbal remedies to my social
                            peers consist of either smoking "jazz cigarettes" or possibly green
                            tea ;o)

                            Cheers,

                            Paul

                            **************************

                            > This e-mail message may contain privileged/confidential
                            information.
                            > It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the
                            indicated
                            > addressee (or responsible for delivery to such a person)
                            > you shall neither read nor retain this message, copy or distribute
                            it to
                            > anyone, or use this e-mail for any other purpose. In such cases,
                            please
                            > destroy the message immediately and notify the sender by return
                            e-mail.

                            **************************
                          • Maurice McCarthy
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                              Hi Paul, you asked about Heather and books.

                              I know of none. The only book I saw in her possession was the Royal
                              Horticultural Book of Plants and Herbs. Many of the things she did with
                              herbs were utterly different to the traditional uses listed there. She had
                              read all the traditional herbalists, from the ancient Greeks to Culpepper
                              etc., and like him used astrology to assist her work, which was her life.
                              What infuriated her most was that modern doctors do not abide by the
                              Hippocratic oath and harm their patients deliberately. "Question any ward
                              sister closely and you'll see that I am right. Iatrogenic genic diseases are
                              rife. Worse, their diagnoses are like the children's game 'pinning the tail
                              on the donkey'. They are blind to what is before their eyes. ... The most
                              damnable things are radiotherapy and chemotherapy. There is no natural cure
                              for the damage they cause. I've racked my brains, tried everything. Nothing
                              works. A natural disease or accident has a natural cure. ... The worst thing
                              in the home is the microwave." (Heather herself would not even have a
                              fridge.) "The microwave destroys the living goodnes in food, an invention of
                              the devil. Its bad enough that babies drink from bottles but to microwave it
                              for convenience as well is disastrous. It may even be the cause of rising
                              childhood asthema."

                              As for preparation boil nothing. The only exception being silver birch twigs
                              which are just coming into leaf. The silver birch cleanses the blood after
                              the winter, "Red Indian medicine." This should be simmered as gently as
                              possible for half an hour. Once the leaves are out use those. In fact she
                              would use almost any part of a plant. "They tell you not to pick plants
                              because 'they could harm you' then shovel chemicals in your food. There are
                              only 8 or 9 green plants that can harm you in this country (UK)." She did
                              seem to have a distrust of mushrooms though. Whether that was farmed
                              mushrooms only or not I never found out.

                              The only thing I ever saw her dilute was nettle tea for a dog. She halved it
                              with water. Children were given the same things as adults and in the same
                              strength, even new born babies. Nettles she tore up with her bare hands.
                              They were tough from rising early and collecting several times a week.
                              Gather a carrier bag full of nettles, I use gardening gauntlets myself. The
                              stinging hairs collect dust so I find it best to wash them. (You should have
                              seen the dirty look she gave me when I put them under the tap. "What are you
                              putting that filth on them for?" "But Heather, they are covered in dust!"
                              She shrugged her shoulders and let me get on with it.) Chop then on a board
                              to make the tea stronger and put them into the biggest pan you have. Pour on
                              boiling water or fill with water and only just bring to the boil and remove
                              the heat. Keep a lid on - the essential oils are very important.

                              It turns a pale yellowish green after 10 mins and should have a very light
                              refreshing taste. Left over night it has a very dark even black green
                              colour. This is the only tea I don't put lemon in. It seems to curdle the
                              chlorophyll. As I've said, the nettle is the idea of cleanliness made
                              life-form and, whereas with anything else the leaves etc can usually be used
                              2 or 3 times and, though weaker, some benefit is obtained but in the case of
                              the nettle it seems to self-clean its own leaves and I find it insipid if
                              used more than once. If it tastes off it is off, so put it on the garden or
                              on house plants and not down the sink. Return to the Earth what it has given
                              you.

                              The first time I tasted nettle it was like a dead weight on my stomach. "You
                              really need it then. Drink another pint." A small ailment which I'd had
                              since childhood, "bubbles in the legs", disappeared and has never returned.
                              The nettle now tastes clean and refreshing to me. Light. Once they start
                              dying back after flowering they should not be used. You will see it because
                              they turn black and 'mouldy' looking. Once when I was feeling dreadful from
                              too much alcolhol the night before ("Absolutely no alcohol." But she
                              produced a bottle of sloe wine she'd made herself at Christmas time. She
                              never ever mentioned smoking. Her patients usually just did not look for
                              cigarettes if they kept to the treatment. It was keeping them too it which
                              was frustrating. "The body can be cured but there is no cure for the head!")
                              so I drank a pint of silver birch, a pint of nettle and then another silver
                              birch, the silver birch with a whole lemon each time, and I was feeling on
                              top of the world in no time. I would not recommend it as regular practice
                              though, there could easily have been contingent factors.

                              Herbs are usually additive, you can put them in together. Her cauldron
                              (literally, she had a small cauldron perpetually on the stove) had holly,
                              ivy (N.B. British ivy and NOT US poison ivy) crab apples - not too many -
                              and heaven knows what always on the go. Elder is a panacea and very good at
                              balancing female hormones. Leaves, flowers or berries. The elder is the
                              tree of life found in every old church yard with its counterpart the yew, as
                              soft as death.

                              Couch grass gives you protein. "From spring to autumn all you need buy is
                              porridge. You can live easily off the land as long as you have clean water
                              and a little carbohydrate. Hawthorn clears blood clots and conditions the
                              blood against thromboses. It is not recommended to tell the wife that you
                              are going out to look for haws though, she might take it the wrong way. The
                              dandelion is also the cure for warts. Put its milky juice on every hour or
                              two until they turn black and eventually fall off after a few days. The same
                              thing happens with nitrogen freezing as used in surgeries now. "Chamomile is
                              the best source of calcium." !! (I don't think you'll find that in any herb
                              book.)

                              Must go to bed, I'm changing from nightshift to dayshift

                              Maurice McCarthy
                              maurice.mccarthy@...
                              maurice.mccarthy@...

                            • Maurice McCarthy
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 3, 2003
                                Paul,

                                Chop the nettles to make the brew stronger. Heather used to sieve them into
                                a funnel with an old pair of nylons to remove the scum. She'd give patients
                                5 litres at a time. The point she wanted to instill was to adopt her
                                'treatments' as a food life-style. To contiue it forever. Few if any had the
                                strength of will to do this. Roy Castle is a grand example. The British
                                entertainer had a 'miraculous' recovery from cancer but lapsed in his ways.
                                He did not have the gall to go back and beg her help because she always
                                insisted she'd help no one twice. But she would if there was a chance they
                                would not repeat their mistakes. Indeed her own cancer was not helped by the
                                fact that she did not always practice what she preached.

                                Maurice

                              • snowplank
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 4, 2003
                                  Many thanks Maurice. I could read this stuff all day!

                                  Paul