Re: [anthroposophy] Ah, this medium--Thanks, Joel

  • Joel Wendt
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 5, 2003
      Dear Elaine,

      Fortune willing, I should by around the first week or so of August,
      finally be permanently out there in the Southwest with you and Stephen
      and others, as I am moving to Prescott Arizona to live near my youngest
      (she of 15, with nose ring, going on 35).

      My last visit to Hopi Land, that providence allowed, was over Easter
      weekend of 1985, and except for the horrible heat of the summers, I very
      much look forward to returning to this quite remarkable area of not only
      the Americas, but the Planet as well.

      I know of the conference, but I am glad you have told the list. I
      would like to go, but all the aspects of my move are up in the air, and
      I can't yet make any concrete plans.

      warm regards,
      joel

      On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 18:08, elaineupton2001 wrote:
      > Dear Joel,
      >
      > Thanks for writing again. I agree that we do not really know each
      > other, and this medium provides its own challenges in that regard,
      > for sure!
      >
      > ((Yes, I, too, expect perfection, not from myself, of course, but
      > from those stellar beings--Lightsearcher and Starman----smile))
      >
      > We share the passion for the subject of Native America and other
      > groups and how the souls of peoples express wisdom and can address
      > concerns of anthroposophy and Threefolding. Thank you.
      >
      > A few weeks ago I was in Hopi Land (mainly in Second Mesa, but also
      > in Keams Canyon), which is about 1/2 days drive from here. Being
      > there, also after being in Navajo and Apache country and what I call
      > Georgia O'Keeffe country, was so meaningful to me, and I do not yet
      > even know how to express all of that in conventional prose. ((I did
      > write a short story, which has been sent, in a collection of stories
      > I wrote on the character of places, to a publisher.)) I am a writer
      > of poetry and of stories, and perhaps I express myself better in the
      > medium of what is called poetry and "literary fiction"
      > (although "fiction" is a misleading term, I feel).
      >
      > It seems I do express myself poorly sometimes on this list, and I do
      > want you to know that I was not dismissing Mr. Moreley (but
      > attempting to question something), and also a hard copy of his work
      > is likely to soon be in my possession (smile).
      >
      > By the way, on the subject of anthroposophy in relation to Native
      > America, African-Americans, Africans,the geography of America and
      > more, our former listmate, Stephen Clarke, who also has a passion for
      > these threads, and who lives near me here in Santa Fe, has sent an
      > announcement of an upcoming August event outside Detroit, an
      > annoucement you may already have, but if not, here is the gist of it
      > (as I understand it). --Well, on second thought: others on this list
      > also may also be interested, so maybe I'd better send it under a
      > separate subject heading in case some are not reading this.
      >
      > Blessings,
      > elaine

      > Unsubscribe:

    • elaineupton2001
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 5, 2003
        Wow-wee! Wonderful that you are returning west, now Southwest, dear
        Joel! Maybe we (you, Stephen, Martha Keltiz, who else?--) can stir up
        this red dirt here and ride (or walk, or fly?) right up on top of one
        of these mesas and look out over this great land and join the Natives
        in a real Pow-Wow and sit with them in circle and talk about how the
        various spiritual streams meet in this great land!--That could be a
        continuation, possibly, of whatever happens at the Detroit event
        ("Journey into the Heart of the New America") in August.

        Far-fetched? (smile)

        Blessings,