spirit of the time

  • daniel bernard
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
      Hi everybody,
                             dear elaine, first of all, i'm sorry for my english expression, but i'll do my best...

      by your messages i feel concerne, i'm a writer to, but i'm not paid for this yet, i've published only few '' maxime'' at few places. i wrote my second book, cause my first... the exigence of the editor was to hight, they ask me to pay the first print, so i write an other one...

      by the way of the spirit of the time to america, this question follow me 24 hours a day, steiner does not mention often our continent, indication was rare. of course he talk about the arhiman incarnation the arhimanic way of the america, the 6th race salve... but i want to know more, so much thigns apen since... out side Steiner i don't know an other anthroposophe author...

      I'm from canada an i asked every day on the brige i cross every day : i ask to the elemental beens how can i participate of the cosmic part with consciencus with us ... but i don't hear anything consciencusly... i don't know what i'm doign here... ( canada, quebec ) cause nothing about antroposophia was know. my desert scream is like: if no one is interest about this things, this can slow my human progress... i know that is seem to be egoiste, but so many years for...

      tank every one, you are a oasis hope for me.
      Daniel

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • elaineupton2001
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2003
        Hello Daniel,

        Thanks for writing. I feel your concern about the spirit of the time,
        what anthroposophy has to offer to America and America to
        anthroposophy in this regard. I believe you speak of "America" as a
        continent (as you are from Canada), and this is important, too.

        You mentioned that outside Steiner (and his references to Ahriman in
        America), you don't (yet) know another anthroposophic author, and I
        will assume that you are especially concerned to know one who
        addresses the subject "America" and also the Time Spirit and
        America's role in this work of the Time.

        Others on this list can, I am sure, recommend various anthroposophic
        works, and I will offer here a few suggestions:

        Some of our own present and former list members (who are
        anthroposophists) are busy with this subject, and so I recommend the
        work of Joel Wendt (he recently mentioned his essay on the Hopis, and
        also you can see his essay in the latest issue of the *Southern Cross
        Review*, which is an e-magazine, so you can get it here on the
        internet, and other of Joel's works on America are on the internet, I
        believe). I also recommend Stephen Clarke's essays on Mesoamerican
        Mysteries and anthroposophy in recent issues of that same *Southern
        Cross Review*.

        Many (I among them) have drawn strength from the work of Stewart
        Easton, although I can no longer remember if he talks about America,
        per se, but he is someone to read besides Steiner...

        John Gardner writes about America (writes out of anthroposophy).

        Like you, I write (certainly about America, as well as about Europe
        and South Africa), and yet, as I said, my writing is what is called
        literary fiction and poetry, although I have published some articles,
        too (one of them about South Africa, where i lived--for example, and
        this one is in the Anthroposophic Journal called *The Threefold
        Review*, put out by Joel Kobran, et al, in New York state).

        Well, maybe this is a start . . .

        Blessings,