Event: Journey to the Heart of a New America

  • elaineupton2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2003
      Dear Listmates,

      As I wrote to Joel, I am sending news (as I understand it) of an
      upcoming event in August in Detroit. This was sent to me by our
      former listmate, Stephen Clarke.

      The event is called "Journey to the Heart of a New America" and takes
      place August 15-17.

      I am told that Anthroposophic colleagues and sympathizers have
      been "Living with earnest questions such as, How can we understand
      and inhabit more deeply the spiritual geography of America? Who are
      the progressive spiritual beings guiding America, and how can we
      understand and serve them more consciously? Where can we see and
      nurture the positive working of the time spirit in contemporary
      American life? How can we work in a healing way with elemental beings
      on our continent? . . .What are our rites of passage as individuals
      and as members of different racial and ethnic groups in our
      contemporary culture? " And so on, with rich questions in this vein.

      Bart Eddy of the ASA in Detroit, and Orland Bishop, among others,
      will be participating as speakers and/or facilitators.

      I am hesitant to give out the name of the contact person without her
      permission. Yet I believe that Stephen Clarke would not mind any of
      you on this list contacting him for more information, or contact me
      here and I will (eventually)relay this to Stephen or other
      appropriate person, although I must say that it is possible I will be
      away from the list next week. Or contact the Anthroposophic Society
      Branch in Detroit. If someone has a better idea for contacts and
      knows more about this, good . . .

      Blessings,