  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2003

         The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar', 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within and in outer Nature during the year, starting at Easter. These are well known to anthroposophists--- but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day, a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days. Here's the whole 'Soul-Calendar' restored to its original use.

      *    M A N T R A  #7 *
      Mein selbst, es drohet zu entfliehen,
      Vom Weltenlichte mächtig angezogen.
      Nun trete du mein Ahnen
      In deine Rechte kraftig ein
      Ersetze mir des Denkens Macht
      Das in der Sinne Schein
      Sich selbst verlieren will.

      My Self, it threatens to fly out
      To World-Light mightily drawn.
      Now enter you, my foreboding,
      Into your rightful place forcefully,
      Restore for me Thinking's Might
      That in the Senses' Shine
      Would lose itself.

      The weaving of the Sun in the growth of the plants reveals the Divine working. The past few weeks we can feel that spiritual essence working as being like our souls spread out in external space. But now the spiritual force of the light is so strong that we would dissolve into it--- so a feeling of what is to come in the future grows in us to keep us from being only in this present moment, preventing thinking from losing itself totally in the senses.

                              **********************************
           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era. A symbolic image of the BULL done from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below,

      Sunday, June 1st. Moon Cancer.    Nicodemus.

      Monday,   June 2nd. Moon Cancer.
      Erasmus.

      Tuesday,   June 3rd. Moon Cancer.
      Clotilde.

      Wednesday,  June 4th. Moon Leo.
      Karpasius.

      Thursday,   June 5th. Moon Leo.
      Boniface (the Apostle to Germany in the 8th century).

      Friday,   June 6th. Moon Virgo.
      Julian the Apostate born 331.

      Saturday,   June 7th. Moon Virgo.  First Quarter.
        Lucian.

        Also, the Moon will be seen near Jupiter Wed. and Thurs. nights.

      *  M A N T R A  # 3 2  *

      Ich fühle fruchtend eigne Kraft
      Sich stärkend mich der Welt verleihn;
      Mein Eigenwesen fühl ich kraftend
      Zur Klarheit sich zu wenden
      Im Lebensschicksalsweben.

      I feel my Power bearing fruit
      Strengthening me, the World to lend;
      My Ego-Essence I feel forcefully
      Wending its way to Clarity
      In Life-Destiny-Weaving.

      This week's mantram:
      The season of Autumn is the time in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer. Last week, we felt how the spiritual light of thinking sought to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating sense-existence, and thus started to turn the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces.
         This week's verse describes how these will-forces are now strong enough for the outer world to connect with us (it is 'lent' to us), so that we gain clear insight into the Destiny (karma) events in our lives.

      Dr. Starman

      http://www.DrStarman.net