Ron Kurz: The Inner Music Experience:

  • Bill Flavell
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2003
      Message 2 of 5 , May 13, 2003
        The second phase of a the three part Michael Era which cuts across
        destinies, history, and lifetimes, that looks back a mere 80 years to
        the Weimar voice that launched the Michael Word into the "House of
        the Word" the Goetheanum. The Goetheanum survived the Fall of Europe,
        and created an Educational system that was only dreamed about by Leo
        Strauss, but is part of Real awakening of Spiritual history.

        Today we can hold onto a thread of real spiritual history. History
        has been understood as descending from a Spiritual History of the
        Gods; Mythology; and finally reincarnation and Human History. But we
        can mark a moment in time where the gods were re-awakened out of the
        numbness of Jungian mythology and brought back into active service
        through the wills and thinking of men.

        These Gods today are highly active in both the Ahrimanic forces and
        the Michaelic forces. The reawakening of the conscious understanding
        of the Gods activity in human life has had enormous effects, because
        indeed, the Ahrimanic mission awoke as a hidden factor in response to
        the awakening of the voice of the gods in human beings. We can look
        back to a moment when human history once more was elevated and
        interwoven with Initiate Wisdom and once more the humanized voice of
        Man re-connected culturally, spiritually and politically with the
        current working of the Elohim Christ who brought the Father forces of
        the Cherubim into the remaking of Man. History is rising out of its
        mythological sleep and humanity is rising with it.

        After Weimar we caught up with this hidden currents of history.
        Europe Fell and America arose. Now America is in a struggle in this
        second phase of the Michael era. Each phase of the Michael era is
        approx 118 years in length, fitting to the Time Spread of a god. The
        ZeitGeist is an active impulse which flows through human hearts and
        thinking over the globe for approximately 354 years. The general
        public has been unaware of this rising power of history, but we are
        not.

        Yet we must count on the voice of Conscience that has awakened in
        humanity to pose the same questions that were posed in Weimar when
        Steiner merged with Goethe and wrote his Philosophy of Freedom. Now
        the world is hearing a voice and the voice is the voice of a new
        revelation of the hidden stream of history surfacing in this Michael
        Era. We are the active participants who hold open the gates of the
        streaming forces of Intelligence and wisdom back into the wills of
        mankind. We are part of those who can even place an historical time
        frame to this process.

        Published on Monday, May 12, 2003 by CommonDreams.org
        Seeking the Conscience of the Nation
        by Patrisia Gonzales and Roberto Rodriguez

        "Despite the resounding victory against the Iraqi regime, we remain a
        nation divided. The aftermath of the controversial 2000 election
        perhaps is the best indicator that we were already there even before
        Sept. 11. The attacks did bring the nation together, but the
        president's subsequent reactive war policies created a rupture to
        that unprecedented unity.

        "Prior to the beginning of the Iraqi campaign, the majority of the
        nation did not support the war. The media conglomerates, largely
        acting as a propaganda machine for the government, created the false
        impression that most of the citizenry supported unilateral war.
        Couple that with the president's controversial economic policies that
        unabashedly favor big business and the super rich, and more division
        is created.

        "Now the country is divided about whether the United States -- as the
        most prosperous and powerful nation on Earth -- has the right to
        impose its will upon the world just because it proclaims itself as
        the most moral, free and fair nation. Many who believe this also
        believe it has been divinely preordained (manifest destiny). As such,
        it is the United States alone that has earned the right to lead the
        world, not the world's community of nations.

        "For some, it is a continuation of the division between white/non-
        white, Republican/Democrat, conservative/liberal, rich/poor,
        Christian/non-Christian, patriot/traitor and native/alien. President
        Bush seems to view this division as an epic struggle between good and
        evil. However it is characterized, there is little doubt that we are
        in the midst of an unprecedented uncivil war, pitting neighbor
        against neighbor.

        "The war itself can be defined as a struggle for the conscience of
        the nation. The fact that the United States is the world's most
        dominant power means that this battle actually takes on a global
        significance. Whichever side wins not only defines the values of the
        nation, but also inordinately influences the world.

        "Unquestionably, President Bush -- along with his administration,
        Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice, Paul
        Wolfowitz and John Ashcroft -- clearly speaks for one side of the
        divide. The other side appears to be leaderless -- or part of a
        leaderless rebellion.

        "What the president is clear about is that war is part of the
        nation's future. The colossal struggle he has embarked upon evokes a
        vision of constant worldwide war. Most telling about his psyche is
        that after Sept. 11, he stated that he had now found his purpose as
        president. As such, he is not the president of 2000, but rather one
        who believes he's been divinely chosen to lead this nation in a
        biblical struggle against the forces of evil. The end result of this
        struggle is U.S. world domination and military superiority -- bad if
        led by a dictator, but good if led by a benevolent leader.

        "The way the president has shaped this battle, you're either with him
        or against him. (Most of the world's spiritual and moral leaders were
        against him in the second Iraqi war.) He has parlayed his dictum not
        just to the war on terrorism, but to everything from his tax cuts to
        deregulating business to the environment.

        "One may differ with the president's vision, but he can't be accused
        of being unclear or inconsistent. As a result, his adherents --
        perhaps half the nation -- believe the war is minimally good if not
        necessary, and that sacrificing our rights and freedoms is a fair
        trade-off.

        "This is separate from whether his administration was truthful in
        making a case for war against Iraq and whether patriotism and fear
        have been exploited to achieve his aims.

        "Those on the opposite side of the divide reject war as a solution to
        modern problems, believing that we are all part of one interconnected
        humanity. Those who hold this view don't see the United States as
        superior to other peoples and nations. Instead they see all peoples,
        nations and cultures as equal. They also hold the view that the motor
        of history must be peace, justice and equality, not simply security.

        "Those who carry this message deliver it just as clearly. But they
        are hampered by two things. First, virtually no one from the
        mainstream of the Democratic Party embraces this message, and second,
        those with this view have been, in effect, censored.

        "Because those who promote peace normally constitute the conscience
        of any nation, one can conclude that the president and his
        administration -- who promote permanent and pre-emptive war -- now
        represent the anti-conscience of the nation. The only question is
        whether the conscience of the nation needs an embodiment. Perhaps
        not, but it is necessary to be able to contend for the presidency."
      • elaineupton2001
        Message 3 of 5 , May 14, 2003
          Hello Bradford,
          Thank you for your rich post.

          You write:

          > The second phase of a the three part Michael Era which cuts across
          > destinies, history, and lifetimes, that looks back a mere 80 years
          > the Weimar voice that launched the Michael Word into the "House of
          > the Word" the Goetheanum. The Goetheanum survived the Fall of
          Europe,
          > and created an Educational system that was only dreamed about by
          Leo
          > Strauss, but is part of Real awakening of Spiritual history.
          ********

          I won't get into the Strauss controversy, because I know nothing of
          him, but I will comment (raise a question) on the part about
          the "Real awakening of Spiritual history" in the "House of the Word,"
          the Goetheanum.

          What is really coming out of the Goetheanum today? Is it a place of
          paralysis, where R. Steiner is, so to say, "turning over in his
          unmarked grave"? Is there any vitality there today? Is it a place of
          Real Spiritual Awakening? If so, where is the evidence? I realize
          that some might say that when speaking of the Goetheanum, we are
          talking about some occult stream that is, by definition, not easily
          seen. Yet, I wonder . . .

          You continue:

          > Today we can hold onto a thread of real spiritual history. History
          > has been understood as descending from a Spiritual History of the
          > Gods; Mythology; and finally reincarnation and Human History.
          ((...snip))>
          > These Gods today are highly active in both the Ahrimanic forces and
          > the Michaelic forces. The reawakening of the conscious
          understanding
          > of the Gods activity in human life has had enormous effects,
          because
          > indeed, the Ahrimanic mission awoke as a hidden factor in response
          > the awakening of the voice of the gods in human beings.
          **********

          Again, my question, where is the evidence of this "awakening" in the
          realm of anthroposophy and the work of the Goetheanum today? I find
          the AS largely silent, or vague, ethereal, and namby-pamby, but am I
          just missing seeing what is there?
          **********

          You then quote an article by Rodriquez and another:

          > "Despite the resounding victory against the Iraqi regime, we remain
          > nation divided. The aftermath of the controversial 2000 election
          > perhaps is the best indicator that we were already there even
          before
          > Sept. 11. The attacks did bring the nation together, but the
          > president's subsequent reactive war policies created a rupture to
          > that unprecedented unity.

          ((snip...))

          > "Now the country is divided about whether the United States -- as
          the
          > most prosperous and powerful nation on Earth -- has the right to
          > impose its will upon the world just because it proclaims itself as
          > the most moral, free and fair nation. Many who believe this also
          > believe it has been divinely preordained (manifest destiny). As
          such,
          > it is the United States alone that has earned the right to lead the
          > world, not the world's community of nations.
          >((...snip, about the two camps--ones for war, and ones for peace,
          without a leader or embodiment))
          > "Because those who promote peace normally constitute the conscience
          > of any nation, one can conclude that the president and his
          > administration -- who promote permanent and pre-emptive war -- now
          > represent the anti-conscience of the nation. The only question is
          > whether the conscience of the nation needs an embodiment. Perhaps
          > not, but it is necessary to be able to contend for the presidency."
          **********

          I don't see running for the presidency as the solution. The system is
          full of corruption and becoming president in such a corrupt
          (corporate/military controlled) bureaucracy would be like putting
          bandaid on a deep wound. There needs to be systemic change, and that
          change begins, I would say, within each of us, working in the
          Consciousness Soul realm of real spiritual (not materialistally
          conceived political) freedom.

          Those who work for peace are often naive (and sometimes i recognize
          my own naivete). The naivete is not in holding the ideal of peace,
          but in a lack of understanding of what true peace is. It is
          not "fighting a war for peace" as Bush, Wolfowitz, Cheney, Powell,
          Rice, Ashcroft put it. Surely not. But it is also not the naive
          notions of many peace activists. What is true peace and how is it
          achieved?

          Gandhi worked with "Truth Force", and Martin Luther King with vision
          of unconditional love (at his best), and Oscar Romero with the ideal
          of living like Christ at all times. There is a lot of depth here, one
          that naive peace activists (often secular in their views) might
          listen to. In any case, the lies and tired rhetoric of the powers
          that be are leading to mass tragedy and even beyond to the grotesque.
          An awakening is surely called for!

          Aho! Blessings,
          Message 4 of 5 , May 14, 2003
            --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "elaineupton2001"
            <elaineupton@h...> wrote:
            > What is really coming out of the Goetheanum today? Is it a place of
            > paralysis, where R. Steiner is, so to say, "turning over in his
            > unmarked grave"? Is there any vitality there today? Is it a place
            of
            > Real Spiritual Awakening? If so, where is the evidence? I realize
            > that some might say that when speaking of the Goetheanum, we are
            > talking about some occult stream that is, by definition, not easily
            > seen. Yet, I wonder . . .

            Dear Elaine;

            The launching of Spiritual Science and the Conscience evoked by the
            Initiate as he stepped forward to awaken the gods in the human I
            again, is an enormous historical moment. I am a graduate of the
            Goetheanum as you well know. I am in the far west and I in my
            conscience have been awakened by such courage enacted and presented
            by Dr. Steiner. I seek not that anyone agree with my perspective but
            to understand the things that Spiritual Science gives to the human
            soul allows me to reach out and see this same spiritual substance in
            millions of souls who also are awakening.

            They may not know that there was a moment in history when such vision
            of the history of the gods, awoke and rose to the heights of human
            understanding, human insight and reconnected to the highest impulses
            of humanity, but I know it and you know it. That is two of us. Each
            person I site, from my limited perspective, feels and thinks into the
            same awakening of conscience that I hold.

            Therefore ask not what the Goetheanum and the House of the Word can
            do for you. Ask not if those who can understand, do or don't ask
            rather, do I, do you understand and do you do, in the far west,
            isolated in your own conscience claim as well the vast awakening that
            resembles and was heightened and brought into earthly history by
            Steiner's deed.

            I have never found that you haven't continued to strive and our
            striving we, each, carry a fragment of the great Awakening of
            humanities rise to the awareness of the gods. Ours is to lend our
            vision to the shared vision that is arising. This you do in your way
            and you catch the glimpses of the will, the goodness, in your own
            way. That is all we can do.

            For my part, it was an eye opener for me to understand that Weimar
            not only was important to the Bush Adminstration, and this had
            everything to do with current N.Y. Times research on Twisting Weimar
            around. But in this strange way, Weimar became more historical and
            connected to the actual issues of this current crisis of America and
            the Time Spirit. What path makes a Super Power and understanding the
            moment of the Wests meeting with its Super Power potential drew us
            back, in a convuluted sort of way, to the Mephito, Michael area of
            Goethe and Weimar. These are things that are important and hidden in
            the acts of courage that make true History. We just need to see them
            and pay attention to our Time.

            Bradford
          • elaineupton2001
            Message 5 of 5 , May 15, 2003
              Hello Bradford,

              Thanks for your reply to my question on what comes out fo the
              Goetheanum that is relevant to these times. Your reply is to me Heart-
              full and points also clearly to the Will, as enacted in the
              challenging isolation of the Consciousness Soul moment!

              You say much that is en-"COEUR"-aging, but I will quote one part of
              your post:

              >((snip..))

              > They may not know that there was a moment in history when such
              vision
              > of the history of the gods, awoke and rose to the heights of human
              > understanding, human insight and reconnected to the highest
              impulses
              > of humanity, but I know it and you know it. That is two of us. Each
              > person I site, from my limited perspective, feels and thinks into
              the
              > same awakening of conscience that I hold.
              >
              > Therefore ask not what the Goetheanum and the House of the Word can
              > do for you. Ask not if those who can understand, do or don't ask
              > rather, do I, do you understand and do you do, in the far west,
              > isolated in your own conscience claim as well the vast awakening
              that
              > resembles and was heightened and brought into earthly history by
              > Steiner's deed.
              *******

              Thank you. This speaks right through my head to my heart and will,
              and brings courage for the DEED in blood, transformed blood.

              It reminds me of the words in the verse of a morning meditation I
              have done. One focusses (as Steiner advised, and this works for me)
              on the Third Eye, with the word/thought I AM (and the thought: "I
              will my own existence and participate in the work of shaping the
              world.") So, I am responsible. I AM in relation. Each of us who
              choose is responsible, in the fully awakened I AM, to whatever degree
              we have realized this. I (and each) choose to build, and so build the
              Goetheanum, rather than sit back and criticize. Or, I choose another
              path (choose relative to whatever courage in love and thus whatever
              level of freedom I--you--any of us-- have achieved).

              This is what I take from your post.

              With Gratitude and Blessings,