Soul-Calendar, Week 2

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2003
         The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Dr. Steiner gave out 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within and without during the year, starting with the first one at Easter. These are well known to anthroposophists--- but the original "Calendar of the Soul" also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day, a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days.
          Here's the whole 'Soul-Calendar' restored to its original use.

      * M A N T R A #  2 *
      Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls
      Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;
      Es finden Geisteswelten
      Den Menschensprossen wieder,
      Der seinen Keim in ihnen,
      Doch seine Seelenfrucht
      In sich muss finden.

      In outer World of the Senses
      Thinking's might loses its Self-existence;
      The Spiritual Worlds find
      The offspring of Man again,
      Whose seed is in them
      But who must find its Soul-Fruit,
      Within itself.

          The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are thus drawn out by
      our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos through them. Our thinking
      thus loses its character of closing itself off within itself--- and this is
      the spiritual world itself finding itself through us.

                              **********************************
           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Aries from April 14th to 30th in our era. A symbolic image of the Ram done from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below. We'll send the Bull next week.

      Sunday, April 27th. Moon Pisces.   Tertullian (famous Church teacher of the 3rd century). Socrates born 470 B.C. Emerson died 1882.

      Monday,  April 28th. Moon Aries.   Eusebius.

      Tuesday,  April 29th. Moon Aries.  The Virgin of Orleans frees Orleans 1429.

      Wednesday, April 30th. Moon Taurus.  Seneca assassinated 65 A.D. Gauss (the mathematician) born 1777.

      Thursday, May 1st. Moon Taurus. New Moon.  Walpurgis.

      Friday, May 2nd. Moon Gemini. Leonardo da Vinci died 1519. Novalis born 1772.

      Saturday, May 3rd. Moon Gemini.  Empress Helena found the Cross of Christ in Jerusalem 326 A.D.

      P.S. The Moon will appear close to the planet Saturn Saturday night.

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 7  *

      In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:
      Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,
      Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,
      Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim
      In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt
      Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

      In my essence's deeps is a force:
      It excites a premonition-filled yearning
      That I in my self-contemplation find
      As Summer-Sun's gift, which as a seed
      In Autumn's approach warming lives
      As my Soul's Power-Drive.