Fiction-Re: Poll

  • elaineupton2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2003
      Dear Starman,Lee, and all of this thread,

      The question of Truth and Fiction, and of revelation is one being
      looked at here in this thread. In a dualistic mode, one can separate
      truth and fiction, and fiction can be a word for something inferior
      to truth, something less than or even contradictory to truth. OK.
      That works sometimes. Yet, there is another realm where Fiction is
      not contradictory to Truth, but instead, it hides the deepest most
      beautiful truths (as in poetry or music or art) that cannot be stated
      in ordinary prosaic language (also such as Christ´s parables and also
      what some call myths, the ancient great ones).

      As for Emmerich, I have no comment, but on the larger question of
      revelation, that is a deep and complex matter. I think what Steiner
      says on Imagination, Inspiration, and Intuition is helpful, and in
      How to Know Higher Worlds is a guide for true seeing.

      Blessings,