Re: Islam (and faith anew a-born-ing)

  • lightsearcher1
    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 1, 2003
      My faith in the living force and virtue
      of the post-pot-head generations is born anew !

      Gabriel, I will do what Steiner sometimes
      recommended - and that is to BASK in the QUESTION
      rather than vaulting toward some answer or other.

      And, man, am I basking !

      Thank you Archangel Gabriel, for
      your question has brought joy to
      my day and to my heart.

      . . . . . . . . . . .

      In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com,
      "Gabriel D. Pulgar" <gpulgar@y...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > My name is Gabriel. I have been following this group for a short
      > while now and I wanted to ask a question. Why do you think
      > responsible Islamic leaders don't speak out to correct the negative
      > image radicals are making for the general public? I asked myself if
      > a Christian group held women and children in front of military
      > targets, would someone speak out against it...and frankly I don't
      > know... but I hope someone would. I would like to hear from anyone,
      > using small words please- not Steiner talk- so a common guy can
      > understand.
      >
      > Thank you and bye for now.
    • Joel Wendt
      Message 2 of 29 , Apr 1, 2003
        Dear Gabriel,

        You've made a big assumption, namely that no Muslim leaders have spoken
        out in this way.

        Certainly this would be very difficult to find out, given that the
        major media are pretty much not giving us any news about the views of
        Muslim leaders, except in the most edited fashion.

        Here is a URL to an article about US Muslim clerics (as well as
        Christian clerics) in favor of peace.

        http://www.bet.com/articles/0,,p344gb5835-6583,00.html

        Here's one on Kuwaiti leaders views.

        http://usinfo.state.gov/topical/pol/terror/02020412.htm

        Here's one about Indonesian leaders disagreeing with Osama Ben Laden's
        call for attacks against US.

        http://www.abc.net.au/asiapacific/focus/asia/GoAsiaPacificFocusAsiaStories_783414.htm

        Here's the link to aljazeera, the middle east CNN, if you want to go to
        the sources instead of depend upon predigested views from American news
        agencies.

        http://aljazeera.org.uk/

        Sanity is not the sole possession of the West.

        warm regards,
        joel

        Message 3 of 29 , Apr 1, 2003
          "Rough Legend of the Dogwood"
          by Bradford Riley, 1999

          That mighty tree, strong in spirit, grew in

          the hills of Jerusalem and as it towered

          it knew, sure as the stars shone

          livingly on it and its roots danced in

          the cosmic dance with the earth, that

          itself, a tree, was destined for some

          great purpose.

          The stars whispered it to its full leaves,

          and the wind carried the hopes like a

          fair maid drying her hair with her

          limbs. Tales were told of the time when

          the temple gates and frames to the holy of

          holy sanctuaries were given to the greatest

          of the trees. To serve man. Not like

          that TO SERVE MAN as a menu for alien

          dinner parties. No. A divine task to

          serve as a pathway to lift earth and her

          quiet citizens skyward once more.

          This one mighty tree had been spoken of

          with the elders of the planets. Night after

          night, and in the dreams of trees, the

          heavens reveal more, for the trees stand

          erect with the knowledge that they know.

          They stand as if the earth had a spine,

          and men would know it. So this tree

          had dreamed many a fair dream

          while growing in the Etheric bosom of Earth.

          Perhaps it was to be some tall Mast to some

          mighty ship that steered by the holy stars.

          Time passed, and it was given to know

          through her roots that a tingling event

          was about to occur.

          The rough cutters cut her, planed her

          and squared her, and soon it appeared it

          was a mast with her new extended cross beams,

          just as a maiden would be newly

          clothed for some wedding.

          She was elated for it was her time. Not so

          smoothed was she, some roughness

          still lingered of her former stately beauty.

          Then the nails, then the blood, and as

          the blood soaked the tree's newface, she

          felt the power of all of holy nature as in

          song and sunshine rush through her;

          and of the earliest

          primal glories, Her etheric vision saw the

          strange history of forests long gone,

          and histories where earth was smoke,

          and diamonds and coal had not

          pressed themselves back into stars.

          It was raised, she was, the gods rood,

          mighty above the land, and at that

          moment the earth herself, as ship of

          state, was now guided by the very

          sun which had given it birth.

          The Captain of the mighty vessel,

          He it was, who now steered with the tree

          together, the destiny of the earth

          herself.

          This was more than the tree could bear.

          It felt the sharp agony in the Captain's

          hands and feet; the long-silent sap wept

          in resonance, and its sorrow tingled

          with the earth's sorrow, though every

          grain and circle of its magnificent body

          ached with the agony and the joy.

          She saw the three ancient Norns arise from the ground

          like vast darkening spirits only to kneel beneath them. And

          had it a choice, then and there, she would

          never have felt the pride she felt so long ago

          at having been chosen for such a destiny.

          Even so, the Captain which was Captive

          clung with his beating heart, so

          that as the wood of some great

          instrument could hear and feel the

          mighty tones of heaven wafting and

          played by this, her master, so this tree

          wept sap and blood and blood and sap

          for the nature that would be

          and those that were gone before.

          The Captain on the Cross pulsed his

          mighty heart throbs into the wood's

          most intimate core, and all things,

          like a great musician, the tree with

          her sensitive vibrating chords shared with Him

          the most stunning

          symphony ever played by living or dead.

          Woven in the Music that held the spheres

          Were ancient Norse Words of Love-Power-Wisdom.

          Music, it is said, has tried in vain

          to find and remember in the wood, the

          strings, what the great tree heard

          as she carried the whole world's heart

          on her firm limbs. As the Cosmos sang back to the Gods,

          It is Finished!

          But the sorrow was deeper and the pathos,

          stronger than all of nature could bear.

          But the great heart that beat sung

          inwardly a new song and wove a new

          life for this now holy tree. He felt her

          sorrow and from her sorrow wove

          four new blossoms of white; and on

          those white tips he put the marks

          of the pain, where the thorns and

          the blood spattered and where the

          helping healing hands were nailed and

          those feet that softly tread the earth

          and brought down all miracles were

          sorely bruised.

          Thus four white petals

          stained at the edges of the blossom, and ever was she

          from that moment, transformed. Even as a raven would

          be to a dove, so it was that a new

          tree, always at that time of that

          dread yet highest symphony of passion

          played in the heart of the Earth,

          so dost She sing in sweetness at

          Spring.

          So companion close was she, that even

          as the faithful spirit of man and his

          closest companion, his best friend is the

          dog, so did the Dogwood come to be. A

          quiet and changed tree that ever after

          loves only Spring, and its wood would

          nevermore be used for such sacrifice.

          But if you listen, you may still hear

          the song she shared on the Rood skull

          of the world's Holy Hill. Sung frome the

          Ancient Runes of the singing Logos to

          the dying world.

          Happy Easter!
        • Sarah
          Message 4 of 29 , Apr 1, 2003
            Gabriel,
            Your question comes from the 'religious/cultural relativist' stance that is popular today. Most people in the west don't know much about Islam and think it is just another religion like christianity or buddhism.

            The simple fact is that if the religious leaders speak out against certain actions they are going against the Koran, and risk their lives because the Koran calls for islamic dissenters to be killed. While Mohammad is the prophet of the Koran, like Jesus is to the Bible, they are at opposite poles. Mohammad commited purposeful mass murders and killings of innocents - I think it went into the thousands - in the name of Allah, as well as many other awful things. He called for killing of Jews and other infidels. Only recently did Saudi Arabia make it a criminal offence to kill an 'infidel'.

            Honour and revenge are more important than Humility and Forgiveness. On the other hand, Jesus and Paul of the NT did not kill or hurt anyone - in fact they called for understanding, forgiveness, kindness, love the enemy, don't throw the first stone, take the log out of one's own eye, turn the other cheek and so on. The two religions just don't compare. Also, 98% of muslims are literalists (according to the islamic studies professor at ANU); in fact it is very difficult to take islam any other way while the myth of religious/cultural/moral relativism prevails.

            If you want to explore this question further, go to www.secularislam.org which is a site run by intellectuals of moslem birth who want to explain the truth about Islam to westerners, and about why there is so much violence, poverty, illiteracy, ignorance etc in their nations and they explain how it is tied to islamic thinking. While most moslems are in denial and will become very defensive if questioned on a deeper level, there are others who are fighting hard to Reform islamic thinking and they need our support. But the religious equivalence myth only keeps us all bogged in the quagmire of blindness and denial.

            Sarah

            > Hi,
            > My name is Gabriel. I have been following this group for a
            short
            > while now and I wanted to ask a question. Why do you think
            > responsible Islamic leaders don't speak out to correct the negative
            > image radicals are making for the general public? I asked myself if
            > a Christian group held women and children in front of military

            targets, would someone speak out against it...and frankly I don't

            know... but I hope someone would. I would like to hear from anyone,

            using small words please- not Steiner talk- so a common guy can

            understand.

            > Thank you and bye for now.
          • foncteur
            Message 5 of 29 , Apr 2, 2003
              Because violence, war and conquest is an essential part of Islam.
              It is necessary, to be a good muslim, to kill pagans and atheists
              and to humiliate the dhimmis (jews and christians)
              War is an essential part of the islamic way to perfectness.
              Here is what I just read on a french islamic forum, it is a hadith
              of Boukhari:
              "
              Le Prophète (Que la paix et la bénédiction de Dieu sur lui), rapporte
              Anas Malek (Que Dieu l'agrée) a dit : `'Tout musulman qui perd trois
              de ses enfants n'ayant pas atteint leur majorité, Dieu le fera entrer
              au paradis grâce à Sa miséricorde accordée à eux''.

              Sahih Al-Boukhari
              CLIQUEZ: http://www.apbif.org/Pratiquer/Comportement/l'%
              E9ducation_des_enfants.htm "

              it says that Anas Malek said that the Prophet of Islam, Muhammad,
              said : "All muslim who loses three of his chidren before they are
              adults will automatically go to the paradise of Allah for that
              reason".
              Yes, this is it, you read it : even if this man is a criminal, even
              if he is Saddam Hussein, if THREE (not two, not one) of his children
              are killed before they are 18 years old, this man will go to the
              Paradise, he will have his 70 "houris" with big breasts and large
              mouth
              oh mamma mia

            • DRStarman2001@aol.com
              Message 6 of 29 , Apr 2, 2003

                sarahwh@... writes:
                Gabriel,
                Your question comes from the 'religious/cultural relativist' stance that is popular today. Most people in the west don't know much about Islam and think it is just another religion like christianity or buddhism.
                The simple fact is that if the religious leaders speak out against certain actions they are going against the Koran, and risk their lives because the Koran calls for islamic dissenters to be killed. While Mohammad is the prophet of the Koran, like Jesus is to the Bible, they are at opposite poles. Mohammad commited purposeful mass murders and killings of innocents - I think it went into the thousands - in the name of Allah, as well as many other awful things. He called for killing of Jews and other infidels.... Jesus and Paul of the NT did not kill or hurt anyone - in fact they called for understanding, forgiveness, kindness, love the enemy, don't throw the first stone, take the log out of one's own eye, turn the other cheek and so on. The two religions just don't compare. Also, 98% of muslims are literalists (according to the islamic studies professor at ANU); in fact it is very difficult to take islam any other way while the myth of religious/cultural/moral relativism prevails.
                If you want to explore this question further, go to www.secularislam.org which is a site run by intellectuals of moslem birth who want to explain the truth about Islam to westerners, and about why there is so much violence, poverty, illiteracy, ignorance etc in their nations and they explain how it is tied to islamic thinking. While most moslems are in denial and will become very defensive if questioned on a deeper level, there are others who are fighting hard to Reform islamic thinking and they need our support. But the religious equivalence myth only keeps us all bogged in the quagmire of blindness and denial.
                Sarah

                *******Yes, it's the result of an unfortunate ethnocentrism, in which people raised with Western values unconsciously feel that everyone else has those same values, which is not the case. In fact, in most of the world our Western way of looking at things is the exception, not the rule; it's the result of the Christ working into European humanity and gradually raising people's souls up. That's the difference between the Judeo-Christian heritage and eastern religions.
                   A few people on this list trapped in this "religious equivalence myth" will just have their anger and other irrational feelings stirred up by these exchanges, but I'm proud to see this group struggling through to a real understanding of what lies behind the events of our times. Realistic thinking is so important.
                -Starman

              • lightsearcher1
                Message 7 of 29 , Apr 2, 2003
                  Here please find an
                  exultant celebration
                  of the liberal mind:

                  --- SRCwrote:

                  > Dear Gabriel: My opinion is that
                  > Islam is caught in a reactionary cycle...

                  THE PICTURE HERE IS THAT THE WORLD-ENGULFING
                  DARKNESS CAUSED BY ISLAM AND ITS INNATE EVIL
                  ARE NOT REALLY INHERENT WITHIN THE MUSLIM PROJECT I
                  TSELF...RATHER, NICE" and "GOOD" ISLAM IS A TEMPORARY
                  VICTIM OF EXTERNAL BAD THINGS PERSECUTING
                  THIS NICE RELIGION OF PEACE...that's what SRC
                  is saying here.

                  > Islam has a glorious history, but suffered a
                  > grievous blow from the Mongol invasions...

                  SAME SONG, DIFFERENT THEME: "POOR BABY ISLAM IS NICE,
                  BUT THE POOR CHILD WAS OFFENDED FROM WITHOUT"

                  > Its relationship with Europe
                  > is complicated, to say the least.

                  YES, JUST LIKE ANY RELATIONSHIP IS COMPLICATED BY
                  THE TYRANT OVER AGAINST THE VICTIM OF HIS TYRANNICAL
                  AMBITIONS

                  > This is one area in which there are
                  > certainly no easy, simple answers....

                  HERE IT IS ! THE TYPICAL CHANT OF CANT
                  FROM THE TOP OF MT. OLYMPUS:

                  - "Further Research is Needed!"
                  - "It's very Complicated !"
                  - "Judgment should be witheld!"

                  - Finally, who are we pacifist liberals to make
                  a judgment based on observable facts? -- It would
                  not be NICE to make the JUDGMENT forced upon us
                  by the truth, so we'll just go ahead and say
                  it's "CoMpLiCaTeD"

                  > Major transforming forces are working through
                  > all departments of global culture, ours as well
                  > as theirs...

                  DO YOU SEE THE LIBERAL THOUGHT PROCESS ? -- DEAL IN
                  THE TRAFFIC-ING OF BLOODLESS ABSTRACTIONS - "forces" -
                  SO AS TO AVOID ANY RECOGNITION and/or ASSIGNMENT
                  OF INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY WHERE IT BELONGS.

                  > Whatever the output will be, it will
                  > depend in large part upon our input...

                  OH, WAIT, MAYBE WE HERE SURELY CAN MAKE A SLIPPERY
                  JUDGMENT...JUST AS LONG AS I BLAME THE WEST
                  AND THE UNITED STATES FOR ISLAM'S RESPONSIBILITY -
                  BECAUSE ITS REALLY * WE * IN THE WEST WHO ARE
                  THE BAD GUYS AND THE "ROOT CAUSE" OF ALL ISLAM'S PROBLEMS

                  > It behooves us all to be on our best behaviour...

                  THE MORAL SLUDGE FLOODS FORTH AFRESH FROM THE
                  LIBERAL FRONTAL LOBE -- ANOTHER JUDGMENT SLIPS
                  OUT, BUT RATHER THAN HOLDING THE TOTALITARIAN
                  Q'URAN AND ITS RAPISTS AND HAND-CHOPPERS AND
                  GANGSTERS ACCOUNTABLE...IT'S WE..AND NOT ISLAM,
                  THAT NEEDS TO TURN OVER A NEW LEAF

                  . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

                  Awake ! Behold ! Attend !

                  The Lord of Hosts and King of Kings threatens to
                  spew forth the temperature-less sludge of your brains
                  from his mouth.

                  . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
                • rogerwaters88
                  Message 8 of 29 , Oct 26, 2008
                    Are there any lecture courses or other references where Steiner gives
                    indications concerning Islam ?
                  • Stephen Hale
                    Message 9 of 29 , Oct 27, 2008
                      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "rogerwaters88"
                      <rogerwaters88@...> wrote:

                      > Are there any lecture courses or other references where Steiner gives
                      > indications concerning Islam ?

                      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/Excursus/19110313p01.html

                      "The Moon-religion of Jahve and its Reflection in Arabism. The
                      Penetration of the Buddha-Mercury Stream into Rosicrucianism."

                      This lecture describes the polarity of the Jahve known to the Hebrews,
                      expressed in the Full Moon, and the "cult of the crescent" worshipped
                      by Islam. It is well worth the study as it also includes why a Mercury
                      Stream must be forged in our time to replace the old buddha stream that
                      is now of the past, yet still clinged to, even with Christianity and
                      its present world view.

                      Steve
                    • Robert Mason
                      Message 10 of 29 , Oct 27, 2008

                        <rogerwaters88@...> wrote:

                        > Are there any lecture courses or other references where Steiner gives
                        > indications concerning Islam ?

                        If you look at the links at the bottom of this page,
                        you can see that there was a discussion of Islam a
                        few years ago. You might find something useful in
                        there somewhere, and probably some more that is not
                        so useful.

                        Steiner did often discuss Islam, usually mixed in
                        with discussion of what he called "Arabism" -- a
                        related but not strictly equilavent concept. For
                        instance, in *Karmic Relationships*:
                        http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/19240316p01.html
                        et seq., he shows how "Arabism" arose, was
                        repulsed by Europe, and then came into Europe
                        through the reincarnation of "Arab" individualities.

                        He did discuss Islam in relation to the "666"
                        principle in the lectures to the Christian
                        Community priests:
                        (follow the links at the bottom of that page),
                        but *caveat*: this text does not come from
                        stenographic records but was reconstructed from
                        various notes.

                        RS often discussed how modern science arose through
                        reincarnated and transformed "Arabism", for instance:
                        "Science only reawakened during the time of the Renaissance. What
                        Greece and Rome had started became Arabic wisdom; it became the spirit
                        of Mohammedanism. Arabism then spread from Spain into Europe. This
                        science is outstanding with regard to everything directly relating to
                        the sensible-sensual world. The science that became a powerful stimulus
                        for European science, that influenced Bacon and Spinoza, [See Note 7]
                        arises from Spanish Arabism. It comes from Spain. However, it cannot
                        rise above a pantheism that is unable to reach concrete spiritual
                        beings. Arabism did not arrive at the concrete. It ascended to the
                        sensible human being but what was seen beyond that was only an abstract
                        divine unity. It was not known what this unity is. A poor and
                        comfortable world view! There is no knowledge of the spirit if it is
                        summed up in a unity. Therein lies the poverty of pantheism."
                        http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/19090514p01.html;mark=131,51,59#WN_mark

                        He also discussed how this "Arabism" became the
                        carrier of a diluted Soratic culture from the
                        Academy at Jundi Sabur. This is in the cycle
                        *Three Streams in Evolution*; I haven't found this
                        online. Here is something that I previously
                        wrote on this theme:

                        >>The big event , known to history, of the Seventh Century was the rise
                        of Islam. Another event, not so famous but still known to history, was
                        the transfer of ancient Greek philosophy (especially Aristotle's works,
                        probably including the lost work on alchemy) to the Academy of Jundi
                        Sabur (near present-day Baghdad). Following the expulsion of the
                        philosophers from Syrian Edessa in 489 AD and from Athens in 529 AD,
                        the philosophers had found refuge in what was then the Persian Empire,
                        and at that Academy they pursued their calling. Then this knowledge
                        passed to the Islamic Arabs, and science of a particular bent reached a
                        high development under them, while Europe was in the "Dark Ages". Only
                        gradually, over many centuries, did this science pass over to Europe,
                        where it developed into the modern scientific revolution. Again, the
                        trend of modern science, as it has in fact developed, is Ahrimanic. The
                        direct ancestor of scientific materialism was this Arabian science,
                        which was itself derived from the Academy of Jundi Sabur. Thus, on the
                        other side of the 333 AD midpoint from the Birth in Palestine was the
                        rise of an active materialistic, anti-Christian world view in Jundi
                        Sabur.
                        >>Occult history (as given by Steiner) reveals how this came about:
                        Sorat intended to approach physical manifestation in 666 AD at Jundi
                        Sabur, and to bestow upon the philosophers there a super-human
                        knowledge. This knowledge was to consist of everything that mankind,
                        under the plan of the regular Gods, was to learn through its own
                        efforts by the height of the present, Consciousness Soul Epoch. This
                        epoch began in 1413 AD, so its midpoint will be 2493 AD. In other
                        words, Sorat wanted to give to mankind, prematurely and without the
                        requisite human effort and experience, the knowledge that would be
                        right and healthy for mankind to achieve through work and evolution by
                        the middle of the Third Millennium. The regular Gods' plan for the
                        Consciousness Soul Epoch is for mankind to acquire, through self-
                        education and self-discipline, the free, conscious, individualized
                        human personality. If the mankind of the Seventh Century had been given
                        this advanced knowledge at that immature stage of development, when
                        people could not think in full consciousness, the result would have
                        been disastrous. Just consider how much evil mankind has done with the
                        science we have acquired up to now, at our present stage of maturity
                        (or immaturity), and then try to imagine what the relatively primitive
                        people of the Seventh Century would have done with the science of 2493
                        AD. -- This picture is bad enough, but we need to recall Steiner's
                        occult insights to begin to get the whole picture. If Sorat had
                        succeeded, Men would have lost the possibility of developing our true
                        nature, and would have become egotistic, animalistic automata, with no
                        possibility of further development. We would have become earth-bound,
                        and the earth could never then pass over to the Jupiter, Venus, and
                        Vulcan stages. The normal Gods' plan would have been seriously
                        hindered, and Men would have lost their due and timely opportunity to
                        become Spirits of Freedom and Love. -- However, the rise of Islam
                        thwarted this plan of Sorat. It is a deep, mysterious paradox that
                        Islam, which was, and is, opposed to Christianity in many ways, also in
                        effect worked jointly with the Christ-impulse in history, by
                        blanketing, by "skimming the cream off", this Sorat-science, and by
                        watering it down. Still, this science survived, and has worked on into
                        the present day, but the worst was averted, for those times. The
                        weakened Jundi Sabur impulse, as a distorted quasi-Aristotelianism,
                        passed to the Arabs, over Africa and Spain, to France, England, and
                        through the monasteries (e.g. Roger Bacon) back over to the Continent.
                        The "Realism" of the Medieval scholastics (especially the revived
                        Aristotelianism of Thomas Aquinas) opposed this Arabian influence,
                        somewhat correctly seeing it as inimical to Christianity; but with the
                        decline and decadence of Medieval Aristotelianism, and with the dawn of
                        modern, anti-Aristotelian "empiricism" (e.g. Francis Bacon), the
                        diluted, but still powerful, Sorat-science came to dominate world-
                        culture.<<
                        >>The ruling Time Spirit, since 1879 AD, is now the Sun-Archangel
                        Michael (the "Countenance of Christ"). His previous rulership
                        encompassed the time of Aristotle and Alexander. Michael is the
                        administrator of Cosmic Intelligence, and a promoter of
                        cosmopolitanism. Ideas to Plato had been living spiritual beings,
                        attainable in higher vision. His pupil Aristotle put this pictorial
                        wisdom into conceptual thoughts, suitable for the age of lost
                        clairvoyance; Alexander carried this Greek thought-culture into the
                        wider world -- both in the service of Michael. But this ancient Greek
                        thinking was not experienced as coming from within the Man; it was
                        rather experienced as coming, like perceptions, from the outside, a
                        cosmic Pan-Intelligence. Later, this Aristotelianism was carried over
                        to Jundi Sabur, and thence into Arabian/Muslim culture. Perhaps the
                        most brilliant and influential proponent of this Arabian culture were
                        the Caliph Haroun al Rashid and his associates, in the Eighth Century
                        AD. This culture was, as indicated above, brilliant in a way, but was
                        also anti-evolutionary in that it failed to appreciate the Christ-
                        Impulse and was infected with the Sorat/Ahriman influence from Jundi
                        Sabur. Around this time the cosmic Intelligence began to "fall to
                        earth", out of the rule of Michael and in the "heads" of Men; the Pan-
                        Intelligence becoming individualized, personal intelligence. This
                        process was a preparation for what was to culminate after the dawn of
                        the Consciousness Soul Epoch in the Fifteenth Century: that Men were to
                        experience their thoughts as coming from out of themselves, as a
                        personal intelligence in individual freedom. . . .<<
                        In these same lectures RS said something to the effect that
                        the origin of Mohammedanism was inspired by spirits that
                        were opposed but still somehow connected to the Christ
                        influence. I still haven't figured out exactly which spirits
                        he was talking about.

                        Robert M
                      • carol
                        Message 11 of 29 , Oct 27, 2008

                           Re: «...In these same lectures RS said something to the effect that the origin of Mohammedanism was inspired by spirits that were opposed but still somehow connected to the Christ influence. I still haven't figured out exactly which spirits he was talking about....»

                          I know that the mix is obscure and complex,  but I'd like to place a couple of concepts foreward on the subject.

                          Could be,  not altogether, but perhaps a good part, Spiritual Beings overlooking folk souls. Ex. there's no close (in terms of time), direct link between 'Arabism/Mohammedism' and  the folk thread which brought Christianity forth – as a supersensible/sensible realitiy.

                          It could then be Spiritual Beings overlooking  folk souls - however,  these Spritual Beings having  distinct affiliage with other Spirit Beings ex.  in a capacity of servitude, concession.  Thus,  one would speak of Spiritual Beings of the 2nd Hierarchies in interplay with others -  and perhaps  the great difference  arises in the particularities of the  relationships/configuration with some of these ' others'.

                          In the immediacy, I certainly can see a clear distinction, on the folk soul  front, in terms of cultural impulses – and yet, this particular  folk soul (if that is indeed what one finds creating a divide) cannot not despise Christianity altogether, for Christianity refers itself to the equation of 6/7 of the Elohim – and these Spirit Beings would, by nature, ultimately refer back to this equation as well.

                          Ex. In practical, every day life, a Muslim will normally identify- with the greates of ease - with Christian ideals.

                          Thus,  a paradox arises on the subtlest of levels -  in Mohammedism, we have a forcing forward of   an outwardly  oriented vision,  all the while furnishing  a distinct yet very remote  assistance ( almost devachanic) to Christianity -  a kind of assistance which Judaism ( 's distinct configuration) cannot reach, nor furnish.  (This one,  just as Christianity has shown throughout the centuries,  must contend with a downside dimension to it's nature -  an inherent weekness  ) ...

                          That's all I can come up with for now,  carol.