Re: Angola

  • elaineupton2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2003
      Hello dear Soren, and all dears interested,

      You write praising Angola for not selling her soul for American
      bribes in this war. --Good point.

      Also, you write:

      >((...snip))
      >is it America that once
      > liberated itself, that could cherish others doing the same - America
      > has a choice - will it support other nations in the same process she
      > went through herself or adapt her old masters dominance of her in
      > keeping newcomers to liberty in their place. Refuse to have others
      by
      > her side - Was liberty a right or a privelege ????

      Here, I would answer this: America (the U.S.) has not yet "liberated
      herself". I agree with Joel´s piece that America is still young, and
      often immature (sometimes, as now, in this war, tragically immature).
      America, in my view, will not be liberated until she has dealt with
      her own past of near genocide of native americans and the harsh
      legacies of slavery and racism, so many aspects of which have not
      been overcome. Corporate global elitism, fostered by Britian and
      America, is a further development of this imperialistic, colonialist,
      racist policies. Some progress has been made, for sure, and I do have
      hope and i do enjoy many benefits living here, and yet, America has
      a long way to go, a lot of wounds to heal, a lot of need for truth
      and reconciliation (the process that countries like South Africa have
      tried to go through and have been partially quite successful, partly
      not).

      In any case, no one country can liberate another. The people within
      that country must liberate themselves, and others can provide help,
      but cannot do the real work of liberation, for liberation, by its
      very nature, requires inner work. So there is this fiction that this
      war is about liberating the Iraqis from Saddam Hussein. Others can
      help, but only the Iraqi people can liberate themselves, with Divine
      Guidance and inner work that is made outer.

      Blessings,