Radiation Weapons (was:Shame - Sam Cohen)

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28 1:28 PM
      *******The review below is probably about as accurate a representation of what's in the book as what the same reviewer would have said about any book of Dr. Steiner's. ;->

          Moreover ,I only referred to it as a good way to start to understand what nuclear technology actually exists, since Mr. Cohen was involved in creating it for the last 60 years (since the Manhattan Project) and knew everyone in the US nuclear program and its entire evolution--- which is what he describes along with his personal life in that autobiography in a way that the lay man can easily follow.
          If you don't read source documents in any field and instead rely on reviews or summaries by others , you're easily led to adopt their opinions---such as what "most will consider" in the opening line and labelling him "extreme", none of which has anything to do with the fact of the technology  he explains in the book, which is why I referred to it---- and which technical facts, as I said, can be found in many places online without being obscured by biased reviews, such as this one:

      http://www.manuelsweb.com/neutronbomb.htm

      -Starman

      agka@... writes:
      SAM COHEN - SHAME
      Review
      http://archives.his.com/intelforum/msg03714.htm
      **   He provides what most will consider a funhouse mirror version
      of critical cold war events.  The great H-bomb debate, as he
      witnessed it, was "a farce."  The mysterious 1979 flash that is often
      attributed to a clandestine nuclear explosive test conducted by
      Israel and South Africa was actually caused, he conjectures, by a
      secret French nuclear test.  China didn't steal the secrets of the
      neutron bomb; the U.S. gave them away, he suggests.  And, he says,
      TWA 800 might have been destroyed by an ultra low yield pure fusion
      weapon.
      Cohen's most important extended theme, however, is the corruption of
      U.S. nuclear weapons policy.
      "The greater danger to security came not so much from those who
      carelessly or even purposefully let out nuclear secrets, but from
      those, in and out of the government, with full clearances, who
      fabricated and distorted nuclear policy issues for political or
      ideological reasons," he writes.
      "It was this kind of nefarious and dangerous behavior by politicians
      and ideologues, in not giving the American people an honest account
      of our nuclear policies, that finally made me so intolerant,
      rebellious and openly contemptuous of the U.S. defense establishment
      that I was kicked out of it."
      Cohen is an ultra-hawk when it comes to nuclear weapons.  He considers
      Edward Teller a softie for endorsing a non-nuclear missile
      defense.  Because of his extreme views, Cohen's book helps to
      illuminate the boundaries of acceptable opinion concerning nuclear
      weapons.