Soul-Calendar, Week 50

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9 8:45 PM
      The "Calendar of the Soul"
        The cycle of the year can be a meditation, and Dr. Steiner gave out the 'Calendar of the Soul' for this, 52 meditative mantras enabling us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in outer Nature during the year. These verses are well known to many anthroposophists---- but the original Calendar published in 1912 also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the daytime, a listing of the Moon's phases and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days of the week.
          Here is the whole 'Soul-Calendar' as it was meant to be used.
          First, the mantra in the original German and in translation:

      *  M A N T R A  # 5 0  *
      Es spricht zum Menschen-Ich
      Sich machtvoll offenbarend,
      Und seines Wesens Kräfte lösend
      Des Weltendaseins Werdelust:
      In dich mein Lebend tragen
      Aus seinem Zauberbanne
      Erreiche ich mein wahres Ziel.

      There speaks to Man's I
      With mighty revelation,
      And its Essence's Power unloosing
      The World-Existence's Growth-Joy:
      "In your carrying my Life
      Out of its magic spell
      I reach my true aim."

      This week's mantra:
      We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to 'sleep', while the Earth instead awakens. Last week, we felt that what we have hoped for in the coming year will manifest. This week, we feel through the use of the mantra, how the world's joyous springtime growth speaks to us as human beings, saying that it is spiritually under a spell, which can only be overcome by us carrying it into our own deeds.

          ( The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images or 'Imaginations' to awaken spiritual 'sight' and mantras or 'Inspirations' to begin spiritual 'hearing'. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not all-important, but rather the reciting of it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its experience. These mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so you can easily go from the meaning to the actual mantra. }

                              **********************************
           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of PISCES from March 9th to April  13th in our era. The symbolic image of the Fishes done from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below.

      Sunday,  March 9th. Moon Gemini. First Quarter. Cyril and Methodius (Greek monks, in the 10th century proclaimed Christendom in Bulgaria and Eastern Europe. Cyril is inventor of the Slav letter-script and translated the Bible into Slavic). Gregory of Nyssa 4th century. 1758 Phrenologist Gall born.

      Monday,  March 10th. Moon Gemini. Alexander (contended in the 4th century for the Athanasian confession against the Arian). Day of Remembrance of Mary Magdalene.

      Tuesday,  March 11th. Moon Cancer. Attalus (Christian teacher, worked in the 2nd century in France). 1544 Tasso born. 1811 Leverrier born.

      Wednesday, March 12th. Moon Cancer. Gregory (famous Pope of the 6th century, Introducer of Choral-Singing). 1365 University of Vienna founded.

      Thursday, March 13th. Moon Cancer. 1781 Uranus discovered by Herschel.

      Friday, March 14th. Moon Leo. Abigail (David's Wife). Eutychius (Christian writer of the 10th century, who wrote a History of the World from the Creation down to his time). Mathildis (bringer of Christendom to Germany in the 10th century). Zacharias. Klopstock died 1803.

      Saturday,  March 15th. Moon Leo. Christopher (who carried a Youth over the river, then saw that in him he had carried the Christ-Child). Longinus (captain in command in Matthew's Gospel).

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 0  *
      So fühl ich erst mein Sein,
      Das fern vom Welten-Dasein
      In sich, sich selbst erlöschen
      Und bauend nur auf eignem Grunde
      In sich, sich selbst ertöten müsste.

      So feel I first my Being
      That far from World-Existence
      In itself, itself loses
      And building only out of its own Ground
      In itself, itself must die.

      P.S. The moon will be seen near Saturn Tuesday night and near Jupiter Friday night.
      Dr. Starman
      http://www.DrStarman.net