Question

  • ashley_soren
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 9 8:46 AM
      Is it possible to promote moral principles and manifest high moral
      standards, using un-ethical methods ???

      *There is no search greater than that of Truth. The only means of
      finding it out is through non-violence in its extreme form. It is
      because we have ignored it that we seek to impose by force what we
      consider is truth upon others.* M.K.Gandhi

      Earlier there has been a question about pacifism ... I'd not call
      Gandhi a pacifist - but a non-violent warrior. To maintain what is
      true, is a constant struggle, the question is of method, not
      necessarily objectives.

      The part of not using violence is just ahimsa, as a mean in a
      struggle it has meaning when combined with a moral rigth - and it may
      work against a wrongdoer, awakening the moral of him/her ... But
      satyagraha goes further, it can also involve "hurting" the wrongdoer,
      by the concept of non-cooperation.
      Sanctions is one model of this, and worked fine ie against South
      Africa... as they hurt a group that had power to make a change... Here
      sanctions became a non-violent method of achieving a moral goal,
      abolishment of apartheid.
      In Iraq the sanctions only hurt the people, and instead of empowering
      change, they have tended to strengthen the regime ...

      Many politicians may be good at proclaiming moral principles, I still
      wait for the day where I see one with just a minimum of ethical ability
      to put behind the words.

      Sören
    • elaineupton2001
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 10 2:50 PM
        Dear brother Soren,

        Thanks for your questions and for the several posts you sent on the
        force of non-violent truth, that has yet, except in rare cases, to be
        deeply explored and practiced, whether perhaps by anthroposophists or
        others who do not call themselves such.

        Blessings,
        elaine
      • Juliana Klinko
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 30, 2006
          Geleira

          Please, anybody knows from where it is a quotation of Steiner about the importance of built something like "community-islands" far way from towns for future times? I only know that this was said by a Waldorf teacher, but I even do not remember his name.

          Thank you very much,

          Juliana

        • Pepito
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 15, 2006
            Hi people!!

            I want to know how is related Anthroposophism
            with the Christian religion?
            Any link or whatever

            Thanks

            Thanks
          • Joel Wendt
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 16, 2006
              read the book "the Way of the Fool: the conscious develoment of our
              eartly character and the future* of Christianity - some thoughts on the
              nature of human becoming (the evolution of consciousness) and the wise
              relationship of moral grace, freedom and love"
              available for free on-line at: http://ipwebdev.com/hermit/twotf.html

              joel

            • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 16, 2006
                In a message dated 7/16/2006 6:31:47 P.M. Central Daylight Time, brillaentidiamanteloco@... writes:

                Hi people!!

                I want to know how is related Anthroposophism
                with the Christian religion?
                Any link or whatever

                Uh, well, a lot.  Steiner represents a true Christianity.  One we have yet to experience on this planet.  The Christ impulse got usurped and manipulated back in Zero point.

                "To be a spiritual scientist is more a matter of courage than of intellect"--Rudolf Steiner