R: [anthroposophy] The riddle of Valentin Tomberg

  • VALENTINA BRUNETTI
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2003
      Dear Joel,
      here you'll find a reply to your answer .
      Firstly I have to agree about the fact that the basic task is "help the
      Christ to work ".
      But having said so I said just a little.
      Usually here we run two opposites risks: on a side we should say "outside
      GAS no salvation".
      Silly.
      On the other side we should say : " Spiritual research is always good". So
      there are all OK: Steiner and Guènon, Tomberg and Crowley, Aivanov and
      Gurdjieev, Aurobindo and Roerich, Besant and Krishnamurti, Heindel and Omar
      Inayyat Khan, and, why not ? Padre Pio and the "Capracotta Elder" father
      Agesilao Strozzacapponi....
      But you don't talk about "Spirit" you wrote "Christ" and this the actual
      "Alpha and Omega" of the research.
      Well, we got very peculiar means to use about it and there are just the
      Michael School ones, mainly the Living Thinking Path, that is, in itself,
      very different from the (for instance) Catholic sacramental path.
      They've got the same aim: the purification of man's Astral Body, but ,as a
      cognition path, the Michael Schooling got a new,modern and "Zeitgest
      correct" chance of "building " the Conscious Spirit Self that is unknown to
      the exoteric-catholic path, (and also to the Jesuitic esoteric one) also
      if people like Mother Therese surely experienced in deep such a inner
      revolution.
      But She was just one....
      So in the Michael School we have the chance either to perform such an
      inner schooling or the capacity of understand "by the fruits" (that you
      misjudge, but as a general rule the worst Waldorf School is better than any
      catholic one, let me tell ya since I was in a Catholic School five long
      years along), since there are "the fruits that talk us about the tree".
      It is so also because here are at work the Hindrancers, and not only the
      Christ , and the understanding of the fruits is a powerful, further mean to
      know "Who is at work here ?"
      So as a direct consequence of the above we know that every spiritual work,
      Anthroposophical,Hermetic,Catholic ,Zen ,Yoga and so on is "at risk", due to
      the fact that the Human Soul is the real battlefield of Cosmos today and we
      can defend such a work only if we build ourselves the thinking,willing and
      feeling weapons .
      But who is able to give such a schooling outside the Living Thinking Path ?
      Yes we can find worthy traces of it everywhere, either in the West or in
      the East, but willing or not, the Main Street is in the Michael School.
      Luckily , since we are a small number, we know also that the Spirit blows
      as He likes and there are also millions of goodwill men at work with a deep
      Christlike intention in their heart.
      Is this enough if they won't be able to grasp the conscious path to the
      Christ ? (and what are GAS responsibility- we all are involved in this-about
      it ?)
      Answers are welcome.

      Let's go back to the "arguments" topic.
      Here- in the Michael School- also springs the necessity that some
      individual feels to "argue", especially those who see themselves as
      "fighters against twisted ideas"
      Well, here we all run a further risk of failure, and that is the risk of a
      huge criticism against the actual individuals and not only against "ideas"
      For instance: did Irina (whose work I appreciate) succeed to "fight"
      against SOP 's work and not against SOP's personality and did SOP succeed
      to do the same writing against" VT ?
      I believe that they did not.and here we got a question: what is now the
      worth of such a criticism?
      Is this useless or somewhat fruitful ?
      Well I believe it to be somewhat fruitful if the following conditions are
      attained.
      The worth of works like those lies mainly in the coherence, precision,
      honesty(epistemological honesty) and logical value of the work ( including
      the use of sources,infos, and so on) since the inner capacity to "separate
      the error from the one who err" is a very,very difficult art !

      Andrea