Re: [anthroposophy] Easter and Resurrection...

  • Joel A. Wendt
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10 6:38 PM
      Dear Elaine,

      Many years ago I noticed just prior to Easter that I was having trouble
      making decisions, forming thoughts about the future, having a firm understanding
      of my self, of my intentions, of my nature. In thinking about this I intuited
      that my soul, as it approached Easter, needed to experience a kind of small
      death, a kind of shedding of things past, given and fixed. So I immersed myself
      in this approaching soul chaos (dying and becoming), and found to my wonder and
      surprise that following Easter morning, having lived into this soul process,
      great clarity of purpose and self understanding appeared.

      This is now a regular practice, and a number of individuals I have shared
      this with have confirmed it as an annual occurrence. In some years this drama
      is more intense than in others, but even so, it happens each year. Moreover, I
      now take a kind of joy in approaching this small soul-death, and in
      participating in its processes, although sometimes it is not to easy to give up
      the past patterns that instinctively want to be let go of. In some years very
      large changes have appeared. Yet, as my biography goes onward, it becomes clear
      that these apparently intense changes are nevertheless part of an artistic and
      organic whole.

      warm regards,
      joel