clarification-RE: beatification of Juan Diego-Re: Chiapas, The Revolution

  • elaineupton2001
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 6, 2003
      Hello once again,Bradford and all interested,

      Sorry that I was a bit rushed in writing my last note to you, on your
      rich post on the movie star cult,the Catholic Church and its saint
      and false beatifications in,especially, the region of Latin
      America,things that show a failure, I believe you are saying, to
      understand the Spirit Self and the relationship of Manes and Christ.ç

      In writing, you mention, among other examples,the beatification of
      the peasant who met the Lady of Guadelupe (the peasant´s Spanish name
      is Juan Diego, though that is not his native name). In my last note,I
      replied to that part of your post (see my last reply just below
      here), and I will now add a little to this(and relate it to my
      original post on this thread:the nature of the revolution of the
      Zapatistas in Chiapas, a state in Mexico). First, from my last post:

      ,

      > There is much in your post, dear Bradford, that is well worth
      > discussing and taking to heart. Indeed, we make (the Church makes)
      > problematic beatifications and we have (in most cases) a limited
      > understanding of the Spirit Self. The story of Juan Diego and his
      > visitation from the Virgin of Guadelupe is a rich story, however,
      > beatification or not...More needs to be looked at here, I'd say.
      *******************************

      OK, to continue a little:

      I would not go so far as to claim that¨"Juan Diego",the Mexican
      peasant who met the Lady of Guadelupe, attained Spirit Self. Neither
      would I go so far as to claim that the Zapatistas--Subcomandante
      Marcos or others, have attained Spirit SElf.The intent of my original
      post was not to claim such of the Zapatistas, but rather to suggest
      and to open up the wider view that there is something very special
      going on here in the realizations of certain Zapatistas,and that it
      is the burgeoning of an attempt to reach beyond limits of group soul,
      intellectual soul,and even to realize beyond Consciousness Soul, not
      that they have fully achieved that realization.We (at least many of
      us, including perhaps the Zapatistas or Juan Deigo) come to
      realizations by degrees. Not everyone has the Paul on the Road to
      Damascus kind of epiphany all at once. Some experiences are like full
      grown blossoms, and others are buddings on the way to enlightenment
      and realization of Spirit Self.

      And yes, I agree that much in the Catholic Church is
      problematic,including the manner or awarding sainthood. As for the
      Pope and Tomberg and their turning from Steiner, I will leave that to
      others to discuss.

      Blessings,
      elaine
    • S. Groth
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 10, 2003
        Facing the ultimative "either or" presented civilians around the
        world, from one or another warlord, some just petty blackmailers,
        other advanced imperial caesars, some barbarians other apparently
        highly civilised - but all criminals leaving crippled civilians
        slaugthered as a trail behind them..... I declare my freedom to find
        my say of (neither nor) "NO!", but also (both and) "YES!"

        "Another world is possible. where the choice is between war or peace,
        between memory or oblivion, between hope or despair, between the grey
        on one side and the whoel rainbow on the other side. One world where
        many worlds can excist. It is possible for an "YES!" an incomplete
        unfinished "YES!" to be born out of a "NO!".
        An "YES!" that gives humanity hope back, so that we day by day kan
        rebuild the complex bridge that connects thinking and feeling" ....
        Marcos, from the mountains in Southeast
        Mexico, 1999

        "The past casting shadows, and the future carrying seeds for a new
        reality, meet in the human being, and this meeting is the real life of
        contemporary man" R.Steiner