Re: [anthroposophy] Luciferic Imaginations and Community building

  • Ashley Case
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2003

      >It is important to understand
      Initiation as the valid system of higher
      >Education. Initiation
      Science brings lawfulness into thinking and determines
      >the
      difference between Luciferic thinking and Imaginations and Cultural
      >forces, Political agendas, that avoid the Christ Imagination and
      the actual
      >destiny of Individuals, like the Buddha, who were
      involved.

      I really like your assertion here, Bradford.  Does Steiner discuss this or is it your own pedagogical thought?

    • Bradford Riley
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2003
        From: "Ashley Case" <ashley.case@...>

        >Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 03:01:44 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
        >
        > >It is important to understand Initiation as the valid system of higher
        > >Education.

        I really like your assertion here, Bradford. Does Steiner discuss this or
        is it your own pedagogical thought?

        Bradford comments;

        This is the whole crux of the problem. To be a Waldorf teacher we are
        attacked for being Students of Spiritual Science. That indeed our thinking
        changes and we, we see, some of us see, objectively, not in belief, but
        through thinking, how the various forces in the cosmos become a connected
        whole. This we can give to the child as it develops to and through college.
        This connected whole links itself not only to inner soul structures that
        transcend current psychology but also connect mineral, silica,
        Plant-Animal-Human realms on a firm foundation that delivers insight all the
        way from the chemical atomic table to the Invisible, neighboring realm of
        the Angels and beyond. This is an enhancement of thinking.

        Because of this wholeness, using science and current research to link ideas
        together.. Waldorf Teachers get attacked for being brainwashed. Not so, when
        Real Initiation Science is Standard and can be proven every time in every
        aspect of life. Pointing out a Michael Jackson or a Nerve Gas agent; or the
        etheric and astral forces in lethal death penalty; or the transformation of
        the Sentient Soul; or even better the true thinking of Threefoldness, by
        someone with a moral compass, like Soren. Let me add, not that I am a fan
        of Marie Steiner.. but certainly something like this was the first rays of
        the dawning grasp of what has grown into great cultural incarnations loaded
        with new thinking and changes in former condition of the Spiritual World and
        what we expect today from Spiritual Science.

        Marie Steiner:

        "The Light � of which Rudolf Steiner says that it is the Christ Impulse �
        had first to prepare and shape the vessel of human consciousness into which
        it can flow; it will bring to men that re-awakening by which alone they can
        wrest themselves from downfall.

        Neither the powers of the Sentient Soul, nor the fervent passion of
        religious experience known to the Middle Ages, to the saints and the mystics
        along the path of the Christian Initiation, are competent to overcome the
        obstructions brought by the age of rationalism. But wise Providence, guide
        and leader of human existence, inaugurated, even before the dawn of the
        modern age, a second path of Christian Initiation along which souls were
        gradually to be made ready for the demands of a later future.

        The call of this, the Christian-Rosicrucian path, went out above all to the
        powers of the Consciousness Soul, the Spiritual Soul. Hence its mission was
        also to establish the human being firmly within the personality, to allow
        him to experience to the full the significance of the single life. Through
        study, through imagination and contemplation, it led the human being out
        into the macrocosm � which was discovered again, in image, within his own
        being. But the full development of the forces of the personality, whereby
        the � I � could be led to conscious realisation of the Spirit, made it
        necessary that the knowledge of repeated earth-lives should, to begin with,
        be hidden for a time from the portion of humanity destined to unfold these
        forces of personality.

        What the new age needs is not a return to the past through a revival of the
        methods of Yoga, nor of the Gnostic or Rosicrucian paths in the form in
        which they served the spiritual weal of men in days gone by. In accordance
        with the demands of the modern age, a new impulse must be given to the
        rigorous path of Rosicrucian knowledge which in its true form has nothing
        whatever to do with the charlatanry that has usurped its name � a new
        impulse, in the form of the revelation of the great truths of Reincarnation
        and Karma"

        Bradford