Chiapas, The Revolution Different!

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5, 2003
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "elaineupton2001
      <elaineupton@h...>" <elaineupton@h...> wrote:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > The Revolution in Chiapas is a different, very unique, kind of
      > revolution, and has much to teach, I believe, about the workings of
      > the Group Soul, the Intellectual Soul, the Consciousness Soul, and
      > beyond to Spirit Self...
      >

      > In any case, the Zapatistas, a small ragtag army, guerilla, in the
      > mountains of Lacondon, at first took up arms, but after a long
      period
      > of negotiations with the (often corrupt) Mexican government,
      arrived
      > at a truce. Since then, the Zapatistas have a policy of non-
      violence,
      > and some of the leaders have a practice of meditative, almost
      > monastic silence. Yet, they do have a powerful speaker and
      marvelous
      > writer--the mysterious one known as Subcomandante Marcos, who says
      > repeatedly that through his voice is the voice of the Zapatistas.
      >
      > The Zapatistas have gone beyond Marxism, beyond the Che Guevara
      style
      > revolution, and are seeking to remain beyond violence, so that
      their
      > army is a non-violent army of peace and renewal. They have come to
      > place of deep spiritual communion with their land, with their
      > language, their stories of creation and destiny (the Mayan stories
      of
      > their region). Their work is work in revitalizing these stories,
      that
      > they live in their work with each other and with the land and with
      > all peoples who will join them in this spirit of this new
      Revolution.

      > Here is a poem by Comandante David and Subcomandante Marcos (in
      > Spanish and in English). This was written years ago, before they
      put
      > violence aside, but already the spirit of non-violence emerges as
      do
      > many marvelous things in this poem:
      >
      > Hermanos y hermanas de Mexico y el Mundo:
      > En este el ano siete de la guerra contra el ovido, repetimos lo
      > que somos.
      > Somos viento, nosotros. No el pecho que nos sopla.
      > Somos palabra, nosotros. No los labios que nos hablan.
      > Somos paso, nosotros. No elpie que nos anda.
      > Somos latido, nosotros. No el corazon que lo pulsa.
      > Somos puente, nosotros. No los suelos que se unen.
      > Somos camino, nosotros. No el punto de llegada ni de partida.
      > Somos lugar, nosotros. No quien lo ocupa.
      > No existimos, nosotros. Solo somos.
      > Wiete veces somos. Nostros siete veces
      > Nosotros, el espejo repetido.
      > El reflejo, nsostros
      > Lo mano que apenas abre la ventana, nosotros
      > Nosotros, el mundo llamado a la puerta del manana.
      >
      > Indigenous brother and sister of Mexico and the world:
      > In this, the seventh year of the war against oblivion, we repeat
      > who we are.
      > We are wind, we are. Not the breast that breathes us.
      > We are word, we are Not the lips which speak us.
      > We are steps, we are. Not the foot that moves us.
      > We are heartbeat, we are. Not the heart that pulses.
      > We are a bridge, we are. Not the lands that form a union.
      >
      > We are road, we are. Not the point of arrival or departure.
      > We are place, we are. Not those who occupy that place.
      > We do not exist, we are. We only are.
      > SEven times we are. Seven times we are.
      > We are the reflection repeated.
      > The reflection, we are
      > The hand that just opened the window, we are.
      > We are the timid knock at the door of tomorrow.
      > *****

      Let Me Add to this wonderful connection Elaine:

      Studies in Manas and the Spirit Self:

      When facing the occult perception of who has attained Manas or Spirit
      Self under legitimate spiritual cognition we are faced with a
      qualitative cultural delusions regarding the actual abilities of the
      Church to recognize true Halos, or transformed astral bodies in human
      beings. Technically in the religious sphere this amounts to
      Canonization and Beatification.

      Recently the Pope bestowed beatification on two Zapotec Indians who
      were martyred along with many others. The story of their martyrdom
      and appeasement of the politics of Mexico has very little to do with
      the truth of a purified astral body. A saint or bestowing sainthood
      on certain individuals has fallen well below the realm of occult
      perception as religion and the science of man.

      Now we might say that Parsifal had a purified astral body. However if
      I take the Knighting of Paul McCartney or Elton John as something
      that denotes a spiritual truth and the bestowing of the gift on them
      has deep implications into the occult foundations of the world, I
      would be wrong.

      In the case of Parsifal and his meeting with the Christ Being as the
      raised "Youth of Nain" we have a stream of spiritual life through the
      Grail that maintains occult truth to it. The continued revelation of
      Manes and Manicheanism; his opposition to the school of Gondi Shapur;
      or how Manicheanism impacted St. Augustine retains something of
      occult authenticity. We are still on firm ground and can arrive at
      the mystery of the Purified Astral body as that which has survived
      the impulses of adolescence, puberty, sexuality, and emotional
      dysfunction and raised the Sentient Soul to the lofty Halo that has
      been painted around the heads of Saints.

      In the "myth" of Parsifal we are allowed to follow the development of
      an individual who had been raised and touched by the Christ himself.
      We know that a `son of the widow' takes us back to the sentient
      condition of the Egyptian era and that the Youth of Nain was a "son
      of a widow", namely Isis. In the story of Parisfal we see his
      youthful mistakes as a teaching to Waldorf students in the upper
      grades. We also see how he arrives at the compassion and depth of
      soul forces to attain the inner question, the quest that brings
      Parsifal past Kundry – the fallen astral forces- and by recognition
      and compassion arrives at the higher mission of the Angelic
      transformation of the astral body into Spirit-Self. In those three
      drops of blood and the meeting with Gurnemanz the hermit, Parsifal
      arrives at the calm state where Angelic-Dove brotherhood is achieved.

      This Halo represents a Beatification of the astral body as an occult
      perception. The story of the two Mexican Indians who were bestowed
      this recognition of the purification of the astral body by the Pope's
      recent visit to Mexico has the something of the same value as the
      Queen Knighting Elton John. IMO

      I wish to draw attention to our reductionism of what is true and
      what is mere lip service or political gaming. While the method of
      death of the two martyrs recalls the ancient religious practice of
      the Aztecs, in that, their martyrdom and Beatification rests on the
      fact that they were hung for snitching on a pagan ritual. Their
      bodies were taken down and an angry crowd realized suddenly that the
      two were still alive. They cut out their hearts and threw them to the
      dogs. The dogs would not eat them (which shows a rather higher astral
      lawfulness in dogs then in men) and this miracle, that the hearts of
      the men were not eaten by the dogs is the source of why the Church
      considers these two souls worthy of Beatification.

      Their deaths resemble Martyrs deaths and their deaths resemble the
      type of horrific death suffered by Manes at Gondi Shapur and other
      deaths brought about by the self same church which now offers
      Beautification. But we can recall the Wars of Vlad the Impaler and
      the thousands of unnamed Christians who lined the roads of Rome as
      the horror of Crucifixion really took off as a way to straighten out
      the wayward souls who refused to consider Rome and Roman rule above
      Christianity.

      http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/caribbean/search/sfl-
      hmex01aug01.story?coll=sfla-news-caribbean

      "SAN FRANCISCO CAJONOS, Mexico · The two Zapotec Indians died the
      deaths of religious martyrs: Fellow villagers "dragged them, hung
      them and finally decapitated them, cut open their sides to pull out
      their hearts and gave them to the dogs," the Roman Catholic Church
      says.

      Pope John Paul II plans to beatify the men -- Juan Bautista and
      Jacinto de los Angeles -- today in Mexico City as part of a trip
      reaching out to Indians in the Americas, who have been the most
      receptive to Protestant conversion in recent years.

      "Beatification is the last formal step before possible sainthood, and
      the ceremony comes a day after the pope canonized the first Indian
      saint.

      But the details of the men's lives and deaths make some people
      uneasy. They were inspectors working for the Spanish colonial church -
      - essentially informers helping to stamp out non-Christian practices
      rooted in native cultures.

      In September 1700, they told authorities of an Indian religious
      ceremony. Colonial police raided the rite, and villagers enraged by
      the betrayal attacked the informers.

      A church biography omits the punishment for the attackers: Christian
      officials decapitated and quartered 15 men and staked their body
      parts by the roadside as a warning.

      The case brings reminders that the triumph of Christianity in Latin
      America was sometimes a violent process. For some, the martyrs' role
      in helping colonial officials exterminate local practices clashes
      with the church's message that "Indian peoples deserve recognition of
      their way of being and of their autonomy."

      Bradford comments;

      How do we begin to see through the fabric of the real and unreal?
      Certainly most of us cannot yet grasp how the Ego Sheath is embedded
      for our times in the sentient soul, intellectual soul and
      consciousness soul capacities. Much has been written that indicates
      why we are stuck in the lies and delusions of our self-made,
      stubborn, intellectual soul framework with its political Wag the Dawg
      ideologies. Yet somehow we are to unfold an understanding of what the
      Spirit Self means. Had Mother Theresa attained the Spirit Self? To
      this we might compare Gandhi as well. Who bestows on Gandhi a
      transformed astral body into a beautification or purification into
      the Spirit Self? I do if the Pope doesn't. If the Catholic church
      does not recognize anyone who transforms their astral body into what
      the Angels require of brotherhood on earth, then the Church is
      following a path of hypocrisy. Do our current leaders really have the
      spiritual capacity to actually see these things? The answer of course
      is no they do not! Are most of us hypocrites? Absolutely

      The Pope was an Anthroposophical actor and attended study groups
      where Rudolf Steiner was mentioned frequently. The Popeis a normal
      bloke, a Polish guy who took the path that laid the Peter Stone, the
      Petra mantle, on his shoulders. What about Tomberg? Tomberg entered
      the Peter circle of the three circles of John/Peter and Paul.. Both
      Tomberg and the Pope entered into the Peter mantle of faith based
      knowledge after meeting Rudolf Steiner. Does Anthroposophy have a
      clue to the reasons for Tomberg's decision? You tell me.

      What we have are very superficial gobs of people who follow along
      without the slightest understanding that Halos of saints and
      purification of the Astral body is a normal path of spiritual
      development. The 99% majority of mankind is clueless as to how the
      astral body functions and what it might change into. Now the real
      kicker is that when The Sun Being Christ united with
      Zarathustra/Jesus… (Oh, don't even ask me to explain this mighty
      chunk of wisdom to the Catholics.) He, the Christ, as an Elohim was
      able to penetrate as far as the Spirit Self of Jesus. Between Buddha,
      Zarathustra and Krishna, the aura of the Sun-Spirit, the Christ
      appears at the Transfiguration speaking to Moses and Elijah in His
      mighty Manas body of light. But who is asleep below unable to rise to
      this Spirit-Self condition? You tell me.

      It takes advancement of soul to recognize, transform and change the
      astral body into a higher member of the human I AM, but it took an
      enormous effort from East and West to unite and bring about the
      shattering event of Golgotha and the Transfiguration and
      Resurrection. This in pouring force of the gods Atma body is the
      actual substance that brought about the higher genetic/spiritual
      equation of the Resurrection Body, the Phantom. Certainly Tomberg
      recognized these facts. Certainly the anthro-actor Pope does not. You
      tell me.

      But we can detect again in these most recent events a penetration by
      the Catholic Church into the Aztec/Mexican mysteries that attempt to
      bring band aids and lip service to forces that were betrayed long ago
      by the quest for Gold and the Avarice of Philip the Fair. This
      Beautification along with Canonization of someone who saw the Virgin
      of Guadalupe are types of perceptions that remain riddled with false
      understanding around the Spirit of Man and the Christ event. Here
      also the rhythm that binds the Catholic Church to its scandals, the
      Political betrayal of human rights and the infection of Avarice find
      themselves sputtering in the time line of history that has had
      devastating results through 666-1332-1998. The ripple of these events
      did not stop because these dates were indicated as benchmark
      culminating factors. The Babylonian Captivity of the Church and the
      martyring of Spiritually fine human Beings continued once these
      concrete betrayals were accomplished.

      Current events are not so dry and impossible to see through as it
      appears at first glance at the news. Common sense in the highest
      meaning of the Michael School should be maintained even when it comes
      to looking at our own Anthroposophical Community. That which passes
      for interest in Anthroposophy does not immediately make for active
      understanding of Michael Imaginations in our current time frame. IMO

      Bradford
    • elaineupton2001
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 6, 2003
        Hello Bradford and all interested,

        There is much in your post, dear Bradford, that is well worth
        discussing and taking to heart. Indeed, we make (the Church makes)
        problematic beatifications and we have (in most cases) a limited
        understanding of the Spirit Self. The story of Juan Diego and his
        visitation from the Virgin of Guadelupe is a rich story, however,
        beatification or not...More needs to be looked at here, I'd say.

        Blessings,
        elaine
      • elaineupton2001
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 6, 2003
          Hello once again,Bradford and all interested,

          Sorry that I was a bit rushed in writing my last note to you, on your
          rich post on the movie star cult,the Catholic Church and its saint
          and false beatifications in,especially, the region of Latin
          America,things that show a failure, I believe you are saying, to
          understand the Spirit Self and the relationship of Manes and Christ.ç

          In writing, you mention, among other examples,the beatification of
          the peasant who met the Lady of Guadelupe (the peasant´s Spanish name
          is Juan Diego, though that is not his native name). In my last note,I
          replied to that part of your post (see my last reply just below
          here), and I will now add a little to this(and relate it to my
          original post on this thread:the nature of the revolution of the
          Zapatistas in Chiapas, a state in Mexico). First, from my last post:

          ,

          > There is much in your post, dear Bradford, that is well worth
          > discussing and taking to heart. Indeed, we make (the Church makes)
          > problematic beatifications and we have (in most cases) a limited
          > understanding of the Spirit Self. The story of Juan Diego and his
          > visitation from the Virgin of Guadelupe is a rich story, however,
          > beatification or not...More needs to be looked at here, I'd say.
          *******************************

          OK, to continue a little:

          I would not go so far as to claim that¨"Juan Diego",the Mexican
          peasant who met the Lady of Guadelupe, attained Spirit Self. Neither
          would I go so far as to claim that the Zapatistas--Subcomandante
          Marcos or others, have attained Spirit SElf.The intent of my original
          post was not to claim such of the Zapatistas, but rather to suggest
          and to open up the wider view that there is something very special
          going on here in the realizations of certain Zapatistas,and that it
          is the burgeoning of an attempt to reach beyond limits of group soul,
          intellectual soul,and even to realize beyond Consciousness Soul, not
          that they have fully achieved that realization.We (at least many of
          us, including perhaps the Zapatistas or Juan Deigo) come to
          realizations by degrees. Not everyone has the Paul on the Road to
          Damascus kind of epiphany all at once. Some experiences are like full
          grown blossoms, and others are buddings on the way to enlightenment
          and realization of Spirit Self.

          And yes, I agree that much in the Catholic Church is
          problematic,including the manner or awarding sainthood. As for the
          Pope and Tomberg and their turning from Steiner, I will leave that to
          others to discuss.

          Blessings,
          elaine
        • S. Groth
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 10, 2003
            Facing the ultimative "either or" presented civilians around the
            world, from one or another warlord, some just petty blackmailers,
            other advanced imperial caesars, some barbarians other apparently
            highly civilised - but all criminals leaving crippled civilians
            slaugthered as a trail behind them..... I declare my freedom to find
            my say of (neither nor) "NO!", but also (both and) "YES!"

            "Another world is possible. where the choice is between war or peace,
            between memory or oblivion, between hope or despair, between the grey
            on one side and the whoel rainbow on the other side. One world where
            many worlds can excist. It is possible for an "YES!" an incomplete
            unfinished "YES!" to be born out of a "NO!".
            An "YES!" that gives humanity hope back, so that we day by day kan
            rebuild the complex bridge that connects thinking and feeling" ....
            Marcos, from the mountains in Southeast
            Mexico, 1999

            "The past casting shadows, and the future carrying seeds for a new
            reality, meet in the human being, and this meeting is the real life of
            contemporary man" R.Steiner