Re: [anthroposophy] Digest Number 1124

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
      Does anybody have anything to say on this list about "anthroposophy"?

      Do people ever look at the stuff they post and imagine what someone just hearing about Rudolf Steiner and coming here to learn more about anthroposophy would think? It's an embarassment to me as an anthroposophist.

      -Starman
      http://www.DrStarman.net
    • MacArthur Lloyd
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
        Well I appear to be that Newbie that you mentioned, now in my 21st year I am just now beggining to open the door on steiner and friends.

        I Don't see myself or flying off the handle and throwing my mouse at the wall at the first sign of an unrelated topic.

        Infact some of those wordy and brilliant Posts are an embarassment to me as a simpleton.

        For Love, Truth, and Indiana Jones...

        -MacArthur

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003

          The off-topic posts don't bother me either, Mac.  I think that Anthroposophy is best understood as it relates to daily life.

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003

            Dear Starman. What is Anthroposophy? What does it mean to you. Is cultural critique, in the light of anthroposophy, anthroposophy.

            jeff

             DRStarman2001@... wrote:

            Does anybody have anything to say on this list about "anthroposophy"?

            Do people ever look at the stuff they post and imagine what someone just hearing about Rudolf Steiner and coming here to learn more about anthroposophy would think? It's an embarassment to me as an anthroposophist.

            -Starman
            http://www.DrStarman.net

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • elaineupton2001 <elaineupton@hotmail.com>
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
              Hello starman and all,

              Starman writes:

              > Does anybody have anything to say on this list about
              "anthroposophy"?

              > Do people ever look at the stuff they post and imagine what someone
              just
              > hearing about Rudolf Steiner and coming here to learn more about
              > anthroposophy would think? It's an embarassment to me as an
              anthroposophist.

              > -Starman

              ***************

              Well, my dear Starman, one man's embarrassment is another's delight
              (another woman's, too)--smile.

              My definition of anthroposophy is ever expanding, so that the very
              word "definition" is itself paradoxically fluid, as is life, as is
              wisdom, as is a river. I call discussions of 1)crop circles (events
              from spirit worlds or hocus-pocus kind of questions), 2)of the
              Ahrimanic deception, 3)of the revolution in Chiapas (related to Group
              Soul and other Soul states and to Threefolding, as Soren pointed
              out), 4)of the apocalyptic gemstones, to name a few recent threads,
              definitely relevant to anthroposophy. Some posts interest me and
              others don't. I can choose to read or delete, as can you. Newcomers,
              I assume, are not stupid and can pick and choose what they find
              relevant. BEsides, this is not a place, in my understanding, for a
              newcomer to arrive and think that he or she will be informed as in
              Anthroposophy 101. Go elsewhere, I suggest, for that.

              Blessings,
              elaine
            • ashley_soren
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
                --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Ashley Case" <ashley.case@v...>
                wrote:
                > The off-topic posts don't bother me either, Mac. I think that
                Anthroposophy
                > is best understood as it relates to daily life.

                Yup and Steiner commented a lot of earthly matters in his time .. of
                course based on being an anthroposophist - which also means to be
                present in the practical world and the events in the everyday life....
                Neither too idealistic - dreaming away, not to pragmatic - cynical
                "that's reality" - but with creativity dealing with even the most
                trivial things and seeing practical ways to combine the spiritual and
                the physical - by heartfelt human thinking, feeling and willing -
                But I guess there's like "studying" anthroposophists and then there's
                living anthopops - sometimes we meet and find common ground, and
                sometimes the "studying" is too much in the library for the "living",
                and the "living too much in the world for the "studying" .... Rudy was
                pretty good at being both on the factoryfloor understanding the
                lifesituation and the aspirations going on there, and talking Jesus
                with spinsters from teh nobility - we are basically all just threefold
                man with a christimpulse ... and it's in our heart, as soon as we rip
                away the illusions, Lucifer making us put the head too much in the sky
                and Ahriman pulling us too deep in the ground ----

                Sören - fool for christ