What's right with America ?

  • lightsearcher1 <lightsearcher1@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2003
      What's right with America ?

      Well, fortunately, one answer to that
      question is "Christopher Hitchens."

      Christopher Hitchens – that formerly
      fecklessly foolish leftist – is increasingly
      "right" in regard to America.

      Especially regard his remarks on our
      former "boy president."

      From today's WASHINGTON com-POST:

      In the new issue of Doublethink, a
      Washington-based right-wing quarterly,
      Hitchens reveals that if the election were
      today he'd support President Bush -- never
      mind his recent Vanity Fair puff piece about
      Democratic hopeful John Edwards.

      "I don't believe in [Edwards]," Hitchens tells
      Doublethink interviewer Tom Ivancie.

      "I mean, I told him I wouldn't vote for
      him. . . . Because I'd vote for Bush.
      The important thing is this: Is a candidate
      completely serious about prosecuting
      the war on theocratic terrorism to the
      fullest extent? – Only Bush is."

      Hitchens also scoffs at the Everyman
      pitch of the millionaire trial lawyer
      turned North Carolina senator:
      "Oh, that's all [bleep]. . . . Spare us
      the false populism."

      Meanwhile, Hitchens suggests that
      old nemesis Bill Clinton was a CIA
      plant at Oxford, where both were
      students in the late 1960s. "I think
      he was a double," Hitchens says.

      "Somebody was giving information
      to [the CIA] about the anti-war draft
      resisters, and I think it was probably him.
      We had a girlfriend in common -- I didn't
      know then -- who's since become a
      very famous radical lesbian."

      http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A20739-2003Feb3.html
    • elaineupton2001 <elaineupton@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2003
        Hello "lightsearcher",

        Does your post --"What's Right with America?"--have anything to do
        with anthroposophy? If so, would you please make that clear?

        elaine
      • Bradford Riley
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2003
          From: DRStarman2001@...
          >Subject: [anthroposophy] Re: What's right with America ?
          >Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:44:47 EST

          to look beyond a stale paradigm for new ideas, from those who
          >are unable to amend or renounce a model of the world that has served them
          >for
          >a lifetime. The differentiating question asks whether or not one���s world
          >view
          >is dynamic. Is each encounter with historical phenomena going to result in
          >lucid, honest and vigorous deliberation? Or will an event���s ontological
          >status be tampered with (even unknowingly) so that every phenomenon fits
          >into
          >a pre-existing paradigm?

          What a curious, thought provoking moment in such a common, common piece of
          reporting.