Ah so...

  • Bradford Riley
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
      From: "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@...>
      >Subject: [anthroposophy] Ah so...
      >Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:39:29 -0800

      BEING a Riley and as not addressed as Mr. Bean or Mr. Being, instead having
      designated, Mr. Being as Mystery Being, which is slightly different in
      interpretation than the mystery of GENUFLEXION which has more to do with
      genuine bending of the knee, suddenly overshadowed by holy big stuff!

      This holy big stuff, was not knee bending because my back pack had a lot of
      public school tomes... rather.. hmmm, how shall we say this.. it was rather
      that a hole in the core of the earth, where a force gave way, ever so
      slightly, and brought the force that maintains itself between heaven and
      earth, gravity and levity, shifted.

      Heaven won for a moment and the BEING, in a temporary overshadowing, allowed
      the knee and the earth to feel the PRESENCE, it passed through the diastole
      and systole heart forces and ever so slightly, shifted the poles between
      heaven and earth..

      Ahhhhh this, my Dear Bro. Ron.. Aside from me currently working on something
      I hold dear, relating to Thoreau... I used and sometimes use the wooden and
      tacky phrase, Christ Being... nick name J-boy, SuperStar, nummmer wonn
      son... Sir Glad Ass- Grace Bouquet - Cross breaker, prayer harvester, The
      Boss - Trader in Angelic slaves - Love Bug...etc.. Christ Being.. Which as
      his friend Nick, ole Scratch, Mephisto, the Concord Goat, or.... A H R I M A
      N!!!!!! will tell ya, there are many curses that rise from the mouths when
      yon swinging hammer hits the wrong nail. And all these stray curses, to
      drivers out our windows and crowds blocking our way at malls, are caught by
      the most deviously dressed elemental beings with giant left hands all webbed
      and the size of catchers mitts. These swift minions are assigned to catch
      the supersonic curses that fly, like a pitch from Tom Gladden clocked at
      sound barrier, under the breath, breaking speed!

      Apparently the little rascals that catch these missiles have been training
      the military on how to create a shield or STARWARS defense system. The
      ticks, thuds, meteroic snaps from our soul blasts, spurts and tings, have a
      tendency to dent the etheric environment and cause damage to
      Anthroposophical brains.. those delicate organs for the perception of lower
      gravitational fields, like the sucking sound Ross Perot Heard.. that was
      Ahriman's bath tub drain... Scylla and Charybdis stuff and also the ping of
      cosmic intuition when the heavens decide to spit back at us...

      But here Is a bonified complaint on the Bended Knee Theory. Which by the
      way, is called GENUFLEXION.

      ********** " Thus the genuflexions, the most expressive signs of the
      Catholic Faith, have been suppressed as such. And if the genuflexion after
      the elevation has been maintained as an exception, one must recognize
      unfortunately that it has lost its precise meaning of adoring the Real
      Presence. In the ancient Mass, the priest makes the first genuflexion
      immediately after the words of consecration; this signifies, without any
      possible ambiguity, that Christ is really present on the altar by virtue of
      the very words of consecration pronounced by the priest. He genuflects a
      second time after the elevation: this genuflexion has the same meaning as
      the first and re-enforces it. In the New Mass, the first genuflexion has
      been suppressed. The second genuflexion, on the other hand, has been kept.
      This is where the trap is for those minds not sufficiently acquainted with
      the wiles of Modernism: in fact, this second genuflexion isolated from the
      first, can now receive a Protestant interpretation. If the Protestant faith
      does not admit the Real Physical Presence of Christ in the Eucharist, it
      does nevertheless recognize a certain spiritual presence of Our Lord on
      account of the faith of the believers. Thus, in the New Mass, the celebrant
      does not firstly adore the Host which he has just consecrated, but he
      elevates it, presenting it to the assembly of the faithful which engages its
      faith in Christ, and this faith renders Christ spiritually present; one
      kneels and adores, and this can be done simply in the Protestant sense of a
      presence purely spiritual. The exterior ceremonial can thus be adapted to
      fit a purely subjective faith, and even a denial of the Catholic doctrine of
      the Real Presence. The genuflexion retained after the elevation of the Host
      and Chalice has become capable, in effect, of a Protestant interpretation.
      It has taken on a meaning which can be adapted to the faith of the
      individual, and which is therefore ambiguous. A rite such as this is no
      longer the clear expression of the Catholic Faith. Other changes made to
      the ancient rite - even if they are less serious than those touching the
      very heart of the Mass - all nevertheless point to a decreasing respect for
      the Real Presence. "

    • Br. Ron
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
        Bradford...I think you are responding to Lightsearcher's post here, no?

        BR

      • danifyou@tv.videotron.ca
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
          (H)e-Present(s);

          "This appeared Being a Presentation "GenuineReflection"!"

          Always Warmly Present Somewhere as a Real Presence,
          Danny

        • sncherr <sncherry@comcast.net>
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
            This Einstein guy would be a big hit at Camphill.

            admittedly having a grumpy day.....

            Sarah