R: R: R: [anthroposophy] Michaelic thinking and "american" needs

  • VALENTINA BRUNETTI
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2003
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: SRC <mozartg@...>
      To: <anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2003 12:03 AM
      Subject: Re: R: R: [anthroposophy] Michaelic thinking and "american" needs

      > Dear Andrea:
      >
      > --- VALENTINA BRUNETTI <okcgbr@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Submission? An objective truth may be only an experience , but not a
      > > "fixed" one. It's a process and a path, a dynamic one and it compels
      > > nothing and none.
      >
      > Good; I just wanted to make sure that we were not in disagrement on this
      > one.
      >

      > > Bad for you !! (smile).
      > > PSSTT: (Reread where I talk about the difference between "first step"
      > > and
      > > "second step" in concentration: THE CORE IS THERE , but don'let THEM
      > > know
      > > it..........)
      >
      > You mean this one:
      >
      > > Well, the point is : where this inner life begins to different from mine
      >
      > and where it begins to get nearer to me, as you seem to say, tipical
      > "Central European" gesture (but to be totally true I'm not a "central"
      > but a "southern-mediterranean-central"....)?
      > It seems to me that if I practice a concentration exercise there may be
      > differences in the "building of the house" (First step) but when I succeed
      > in contemplating the "result", aka the "trace of the light" of the "willed
      > synthesis" (second step) the distance is nearly zero since we're in the
      > etheric realm where is no boundary.....
      >
      > I would not go so far as to say that: I think there are many boundarties
      > in the etheric. According to my way of viewing it, the etheric is far
      > closer to the physical that it is to the pure spirit. Our etheric bodies
      > are heavily associated with our place of birth (as is the basis for
      > astrological horosocpes) and our deepest personality patterns - probably
      > the same thing - our physiology, and our anscestral lineage and genetic
      > types, etc. And our thinking patterns.

      Yes, here I shoul have to be clearer and say "the Main Etheric Stream" or
      the "Higher Eyeric Stream" which is free in itself and somewhat different
      from the etheric involved in the function of supporting the physical body.
      Moreover in the exercises the physical-etheric impulses use somewhat to
      arise from below in a opposite way from the free above etheric-thought
      stream that we try to grasp by the means of the concentration.

      > See, as a European, you assume that all triangles are formed upon a flat
      > planar surface. On such a surface, their anges do add up to 180 degrees.
      > But someone from another culture with a different etheric mode of
      > cognition might well assume that triangles are drawn upon a sphere - which
      > corresponds much more closely to the reality of living upon planet earth -
      > and this person would correctly observe - and Imagine! - that the angles
      > are always more than 180 degrees. There would be no fault in this persons
      > thinking if he/she did not agree with _your_ ideation of the properties of
      > a triangle.
      >
      > Thus I see aour thinking as very much <not necessarily free>, although its
      > a hell of a lot freer than just about anything else which we can access
      > easily.

      Well here we have to bear in mind that the freed of thinking is- in itself
      a "whinning post" and not a "starting point"
      > since here we are only "potentially free"

      A.
      > Stephen
      >

      > =====
      > "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that
      > we are powerful beyond measure." Nelson Mandela, quoting Marianne
      Williamson, inaugural speech, 1994.

      > "Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the
      questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are written in a
      very foreign tongue . . . and the point is, to live everything. Live the
      questions now. Perhaps you will gradually, without noticing it, live along
      some distant day into the answer." Rilke