Re: R: R: [anthroposophy] Michaelic thinking and "american" needs

  • SRC
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2003
      Dear Andrea:

      --- VALENTINA BRUNETTI <okcgbr@...> wrote:

      > Submission? An objective truth may be only an experience , but not a
      > "fixed" one. It's a process and a path, a dynamic one and it compels
      > nothing and none.

      Good; I just wanted to make sure that we were not in disagrement on this
      one.

      > Bad for you !! (smile).
      > PSSTT: (Reread where I talk about the difference between "first step"
      > and
      > "second step" in concentration: THE CORE IS THERE , but don'let THEM
      > know
      > it..........)

      You mean this one:

      > Well, the point is : where this inner life begins to different from mine

      and where it begins to get nearer to me, as you seem to say, tipical
      "Central European" gesture (but to be totally true I'm not a "central"
      but a "southern-mediterranean-central"....)?
      It seems to me that if I practice a concentration exercise there may be
      differences in the "building of the house" (First step) but when I succeed
      in contemplating the "result", aka the "trace of the light" of the "willed
      synthesis" (second step) the distance is nearly zero since we're in the
      etheric realm where is no boundary.....

      I would not go so far as to say that: I think there are many boundarties
      in the etheric. According to my way of viewing it, the etheric is far
      closer to the physical that it is to the pure spirit. Our etheric bodies
      are heavily associated with our place of birth (as is the basis for
      astrological horosocpes) and our deepest personality patterns - probably
      the same thing - our physiology, and our anscestral lineage and genetic
      types, etc. And our thinking patterns.

      See, as a European, you assume that all triangles are formed upon a flat
      planar surface. On such a surface, their anges do add up to 180 degrees.
      But someone from another culture with a different etheric mode of
      cognition might well assume that triangles are drawn upon a sphere - which
      corresponds much more closely to the reality of living upon planet earth -
      and this person would correctly observe - and Imagine! - that the angles
      are always more than 180 degrees. There would be no fault in this persons
      thinking if he/she did not agree with _your_ ideation of the properties of
      a triangle.

      Thus I see aour thinking as very much <not necessarily free>, although its
      a hell of a lot freer than just about anything else which we can access
      easily.

      Stephen

      =====
      "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that
      we are powerful beyond measure." Nelson Mandela, quoting Marianne Williamson, inaugural speech, 1994.

      "Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue . . . and the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer." Rilke

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com