Re: [anthroposophy] Back to the Blacksmith

  • Br. Ron
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 2, 2003

      Hark! Canst thou hear it? The sound of breaking wind
      in yon far glen where the court hunts by moonlight,
      .....for Joel hath Wendt and done it again.

          > In your case, you say you aren't being isolationist, but the
          > spirit of what you advocate is.

      Really now?...Hold this envelope to thy bejeweled brow and
      tell me, oh, Kar-nak! For surely thou hast deeper insights
      into mine own intentions than I....

          > The world is far too closely integrated in fact for your
          > advice to work.

      But thou hast already demonstrated that thou knowest
      nothing as to the nature of said advice.

      I already clearly stated that I wasn't an isolationist but thou
      hast inferred that I was not telling the truth... Avast!

          > I can see the emotional sense of it (screw them let
          > the swim in their own juices), but nations are not
          > individual people....

      Joel...you are a real piece. You twist my meaning in
      a most disingenuous way. If I didn't know better I would
      almost think that you were a politician or something.

      Here is a snip from my last post on the subject

      "We have no business interfering where we aren't wanted.
      But we have no business NOT interfering where we are
      genuinely needed, either."

      Does that sound 'isolationist' to you?
      A resounding "Nay!" I should proffer!

      I am convinced that you haven't even read a single thing
      I have posted anyway. (which is OK...just don't pretend
      that you have, lest thou appearest as but a Richard Nixon
      wannabe)

          > You said as follows: "On a personal level, the etheric matrix is our own
          > private armor.  On a national level, our borders are meant to define
          > this function."  The nature of the ethereal world has no correspondence
          > to our national borders, which are clearly a convention of human
          > beings.

      You are absolutely wrong about this and you better learn this
      lesson well if you are going to survive the intense changes
      at hand.  I kid you not about this, my friend.

      "As above so below," remember?

      The etheric body is, among other things, an "electro-magnetic"
      boundary which helps to preserve one's individualized integrity.
      It has much the same function as the ozone layer of
      the planet which filters out destructive cosmic rays.

      National boundaries are but larger analogs of the same thing.
      Humans are not the only entities in the universe in need of protection.
      Nations are entities too. So are molecules, cells, planets, solar systems
      and galaxies.

      I admit that there is a rather large spiritual movement to deceive
      the innocent into believing these divisions of consciousness
      shouldn't really exist, but this much I guarantee....such a belief is
      strictly Luciferic.

          >What you said above in reply again shows a lack of familiarity
          > with anthroposophical teachings on the ethereal.

      Don't play the AP game with me, Joel.
      I want some evidence where Rudolph Steiner
      contradicts one thing I have said, here.

      C'mon, ante up!

      If you are going to play 'Anthroposophical expert'
      you best put your research where your mouth is.

      Otherwise back off... or people will more than likely confuse
      you with Soupy Sales than a serious presidential candidate.

          > What has my political activity to do with this discussion, except to
          > slide off the actual facts under consideration and introduce a red
          > herring?

      I simply mention it because your posts sound like a typical
      knee-jerk utopian politician with a typical 'border dissolving'
      solution to every problem...(when at this time at least, it is the
      exact opposite that is needed)

      All I have been able to glean from your 'solutions' are
      political delusions of grandeur.

      C'mon Buddy....idealism is fine but let's get real, here.
      You appear to be so far out in 'La La Land' that you even
      make Barbara Streisand look like a Supreme Court Justice.

          > > When you get these basics down get back with me and I will reconsider
          > > taking your political ambitions and your posts a bit more seriously.
          > >
          > >
          > > Until then.... (HONK  :-)

          > Yes, think of this as a joke.  Don't take ideas seriously, or the modern

      > world and all its problems seriously, or the future of the
      Republic
          > seriously.

      Oh, I take real ideas concerning our national and global well being
      VERY seriously. But so far, I find yours to generate about the same
      response in me as a rubber chicken in the Crock-pot.

      BR

    • SRC
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 2, 2003
        Dear Ron:

        --- "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@...> wrote:

        > The etheric body is, among other things, an "electro-magnetic"
        > boundary which helps to preserve one's individualized integrity.
        > It has much the same function as the ozone layer of
        > the planet which filters out destructive cosmic rays.

        Dear Ron: Point of fact: the etheric is not <electro-magnetic>; quite the
        opposite. The electromagnetic field aroaund the body is a backfire effect
        arising from the interaction of the subtle etheric forces with the
        obstructive nature of physical substance. The etheric forces are
        periphery-centered, the EMFs are point-centered. That they usually occur
        in tandem in the body is no indication that they are the same. The EMFs
        are the Doubles of the etheric forces!

        While the etheric may indeed have some filtering qualities, its main
        function is to uphold the life-forces in the organism; the portion of
        ourselves which we share in common with the plant-Kingdom.

        One of the main faults of modern science is to conflate the subnatural and
        the supersensible. This blind spot you do not yet see. On this point,
        your anthroposophical theory is %100 bass-ackwards.

        Sorry. Happy New Year. A print-out of your Salamander is posted up at
        the changing shed of Tesuque Pueblo's sweat-lodge as of yesterday!

        Stephen

        =====
        Dear Lord, please help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

        "The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed."
        - Steven Biko

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Br. Ron
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 2, 2003
              > Dear Ron:  Point of fact: the etheric is not <electro-magnetic>; quite the
              > opposite.  The electromagnetic field aroaund the body is a backfire effect
              > arising from the interaction of the subtle etheric forces with the
              > obstructive nature of physical substance.  The etheric forces are
              > periphery-centered, the EMFs are point-centered.  That they usually occur
              > in tandem in the body is no  indication that they are the same.  The EMFs
              > are the Doubles of the etheric forces!

          Yes, technically I agree, Steven (That's why I put "quotes"
          around the word) It's just that "electromagnetic" comes closest to
          an everyday understanding of the dynamics of the aura.

              > While the etheric may indeed have some filtering qualities, its main
              > function is to uphold the life-forces in the organism; the portion of

          > ourselves which we share in common with the plant-Kingdom.

          It does this by energy containment however, which is the whole crux
          of my point.  (Bruce has posted some wonderful stuff from the Brothers
          on 'etheric fissures' which shed a lot of light on this issue, I think)

          I have my own independent validation too, that reveals the need for
          a tight etheric matrix, without which, we can actually open ourselves
          up to parasitic influences.

          (Someone with even a marginally developed psychic sense can
          'see' these little buggars attached to people's auras in some of
          the more unsavory places where drugs and or alcohol are consumed
          in large quantities. As a club performer, I have become quite familiar
          with them)

              > One of the main faults of modern science is to conflate the subnatural and
              > the supersensible.  This blind spot you do not yet see.  On this point,
              > your anthroposophical theory is %100 bass-ackwards.

          Nice try Steven. my views on this have nothing to do with 'theory.'
          They are visual and experiential and hence non-negotiable.
          But if it makes you feel better to parse my words for
          the purposes of one-up-manship, you go for it. We all have our
          needs. :-)

          Let's face it. You can't provide objective proof of your points any
          better than I can. All you can do is say "Steiner says" but I don't
          place any more value on his psychic revelations than I do upon
          my own...nor should you.

          All we really do in essence is throw out our own experiences
          and if they fit with the experiences of others, fine.
          If they agree with Steiner's experiences, DOUBLE fine...
          But ultimately, all we really have to discuss is our own perspectives.

              > Sorry.  Happy New Year.

          Don't worry be happy.

              > A print-out of your Salamander is posted up at
              > the changing shed of Tesuque Pueblo's sweat-lodge as of yesterday!

          What is this? Could it be that thou art proving a man of
          impeccable artistic tastes after all, Stephen? I may have to
          re-examine my initial impulses!

          BR

        • Joel Wendt
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 2, 2003
            Dear Br. Ron,

            Okay, you can say you aren't what your posts read as, and if you think
            that makes a difference, then little point in suggesting otherwise is
            there? But if you sum up all your responses to me all you have done is
            make assertions that you aren't saying what you do say. Whose doing the
            political double talk? As to politics, this is an anthroposophy list,
            not a political list and those are two very different things.

            As to insisting I don't read well, then perhaps you don't write very
            well. Someone want to explain what Br. Ron means here in plain English,
            and why he isn't an isolationist?

            As to quoting Steiner on the ethereal, I don't think I could find
            anything to support your view, when of course you are the one insisting
            you know what is true here. I feel no need to prove to you you don't
            understand the ethereal at all, but you need to prove to me you know
            something about it, rather then assert it.

            One of Steiner's tasks was to lay the foundation for a true science of
            life, which means leading people to how to think about the ethereal so
            that they have real knowledge rather then vague mysticism, which is
            useless for bringing health to life processes.

            What are the Four Ethers? Where are the Ether boundaries (there are
            four - and they meet longitudinally) covering the earth? What is the
            source of the Ethereal Formative Forces? Where does the ethereal
            concentrate on the Plant? What is the relationship between the ethereal
            and projective geometry? Why is the ethereal body of the liver larger
            than the physical organ itself? Are you familiar with Wachschmits
            (sorry for the bad spelling folks) book on the Ethereal Formative Forces
            and the Cosmos? How about Adam's book on Physical and Ethereal Spaces,
            or his truly remarkable Space in the Light of Creation? Have you read
            Adam's and Whicher's The Plant Between the Sun and the Earth? What is
            the relationship between the Sun and the ethereal forces? What is
            negative space? What is the relationship between potentization and
            formative forces? Why does the BD farmer spray small amounts of mists
            over his fields? What is the purpose of the "broadcasting" device
            certain BD farmers now use? How does Margarethe Hauschka's Rhythmical
            Message influence the ethereal body of the human being? What is the
            threefold organism in mammals and man, and how does the ethereal
            influence this form-structure?

            Oh great expert on esoterics, please speak, your fan club is waiting.

            curiouser and curiouser said Alice,
            j.

            On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 16:12, Br. Ron wrote:

> [...]
            > exact opposite that is needed)
            >
            > All I have been able to glean from your 'solutions' are
            > political delusions of grandeur.
            >
            > C'mon Buddy....idealism is fine but let's get real, here.
            > You appear to be so far out in 'La La Land' that you even
            > make Barbara Streisand look like a Supreme Court Justice.
            >

            > > > When you get these basics down get back with me and I will reconsider
            > > > taking your political ambitions and your posts a bit more seriously.
            > > >

            > > > Until then.... (HONK :-)
            >

            > > Yes, think of this as a joke. Don't take ideas seriously, or the modern
            > > world and all its problems seriously, or the future of the Republic
            > > seriously.
            >

            > Oh, I take real ideas concerning our national and global well being
            > VERY seriously. But so far, I find yours to generate about the same
            > response in me as a rubber chicken in the Crock-pot.

          • Joel Wendt
            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 2, 2003
              On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 16:12, Br. Ron wrote:

              > Oh, I take real ideas concerning our national and global well being
              > VERY seriously. But so far, I find yours to generate about the same
              > response in me as a rubber chicken in the Crock-pot.

              I set this one aside, because I wanted to keep separate discussions of
              anthroposophy and of politics. As you probably don't know, Steiner
              stated at the Christmas Conference that "politics was not the mission of
              the anthroposophical movement". If you would like to understand why
              this is so, you might read the three lectures published under the title:
              "The Inner Aspect of the Social Question", which provides the basis for
              Steiner's admonition.

              This doesn't mean there aren't people with political "missions", but
              what that is about and why is a whole other question.

              What I would like is for you to demonstrate that you know anything about
              my "politics". Again, you make assertions about my ideas, and indulge
              in name calling, but that is neither rational or instructive - it is
              just empty talk.

              What is the main impulse of my political work? And, why is it defective
              in any way?

              yours for a renewal of the Republic,
              joel
            • Br. Ron
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 2, 2003
                (Joel)
                    > As to politics, this is an anthroposophy list,
                    > not a political list and those are two very different things.

                Perhaps so but you certainly react to the political
                topics as if it were...

                    > As to insisting I don't read well, then perhaps you don't write very
                    > well.  Someone want to explain what Br. Ron means here in plain English,
                    > and why he isn't an isolationist?

                Behold! I am told it really is possible to turn lead into crystal
                so is the core of my post for the 3rd time:

                I said, "We have no business interfering where we aren't wanted.
                But we have no business NOT interfering where we are
                genuinely needed, either."

                This is pretty plain, aint it?  What part of this are you having
                trouble with? Where is the isolationism in these words?

                Joel, grab your dictionary and look up the word 'sophomoric'
                and you just may find your picture there.

                I could just as easily have asked "Will someone explain to me in
                plain English if Joel has quit beating his wife, yet" but that
                would be equally as sophomoric.

                    > As to quoting Steiner on the ethereal, I don't think I could find
                    > anything to support your view, when of course you are the one insisting
                    > you know what is true here.  I feel no need to prove to you you don't
                    > understand the ethereal at all, but you need to prove to me you know
                    > something about it, rather then assert it.

                You challenged my position. The burden of proof is therefore
                yours. But of course we both know you can't so I shall allow
                you to gracefully bow out of this embarrassing fax pax.

                    > One of Steiner's tasks was to lay the foundation for a true science of
                    > life, which means leading people to how to think about the ethereal so
                    > that they have real knowledge rather then vague mysticism, which is
                    > useless for bringing health to life processes.

                Have you ever been to a Cistercian monastery? These 'mystics
                live well into their 90s and many are over 100. These men
                are amongst the healthiest humanity has to offer. A mystical life
                of devotion and prayer DOES bring health to the life processes.
                But you would have to experience what I'm talking about, not
                just read about it.

                    > What are the Four Ethers?  Where are the Ether boundaries (there are
                    > four - and they meet longitudinally) covering the earth?  What is the
                    > source of the Ethereal Formative Forces?  Where does the ethereal
                    > concentrate on the Plant?  What is the relationship between the ethereal
                    > and projective geometry? Why is the ethereal body of the liver larger

                > than the physical organ itself?  Are you familiar with
                Wachschmits
                    > (sorry for the bad spelling folks) book on the Ethereal Formative Forces
                    > and the Cosmos?  How about Adam's book on Physical and Ethereal Spaces,
                    > or his truly remarkable Space in the Light of Creation?  Have you read
                    > Adam's and Whicher's The Plant Between the Sun and the Earth?  What is

                > the relationship between the Sun and the ethereal forces?  What
                is
                    > negative space?  What is the relationship between potentization and
                    > formative forces?  Why does the BD farmer spray small amounts of mists
                    > over his fields?  What is the purpose of the "broadcasting" device
                    > certain BD farmers now use?  How does Margarethe Hauschka's Rhythmical
                    > Message influence the ethereal body of the human being?  What is the

                > threefold organism in mammals and man, and how does the
                ethereal
                    > influence this form-structure? Oh great expert on esoterics, please
                    > speak, your fan club is waiting.

                Yaaaawwwwn...(snort) Huh?...Oh!...excuse me...uh, where were we?

                Oh yeah, actually, as I was saying, I have great compassion for
                your predicament.

                It's like the poor guy who spent his whole life reading about
                how to play the piano. Then when his recital debut finally arrived,
                all he could do is sit there and explain to the audience how pianos
                are played.

                I am starting to see a genuine pathology amongst many
                self proclaimed Anthroposophists...and that is this:

                Not a one of them has ever had an original thought!

                ..... they sure are good at aping Steiner, though.

                This of course is the very antithesis of what RS himself wanted
                for his students, isn't it?

                Oh oh!..."Houston...we have a problem"......(back to the
                instruction manual).

                BR

              • Br. Ron
                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 3, 2003

                  From: "Joel Wendt" <hermit@...>

                      > I set this one aside, because I wanted to keep separate discussions of
                      > anthroposophy and of politics.  As you probably don't know, Steiner
                      > stated at the Christmas Conference that "politics was not the mission of
                      > the anthroposophical movement".  If you would like to understand why
                      > this is so, you might read the three lectures published under the title:
                      > "The Inner Aspect of the Social Question", which provides the basis for
                      > Steiner's admonition.

                  Joel...talk to me...please...if there is a turd on the kitchen table
                  you don't need to quote Steiner on why it doesn't belong there.
                  If you want to keep politics separate from our discussions then
                  just do it....yourself...without Steiner...You can do it on your
                  own, Joel......I know you can!

                      > This doesn't mean there aren't people with political "missions", but
                      > what that is about and why is a whole other question.

                  OK..then let's move on..I'm fine with that.

                      > What I would like is for you to demonstrate that you know anything about
                      > my "politics".  Again, you make assertions about my ideas, and indulge
                      > in name calling, but that is neither rational or instructive - it is
                      > just empty talk.

                  Oh...so you DO want to talk about politics. As you wish.
                  The truth is, I know nothing about your politics, Joel except what

                      > What is the main impulse of my political work?  And, why is it defective
                      > in any way?

                  I never said it was. In fact, I rather think you have some viable political
                  qualities. (You do show a tad of spunk and perseverance)

                  I probably would even go so far as to say that you might even
                  make a better president than many we have had, so far.

                  I am not opposed to you Joel. In fact, we probably have more in
                  common than you would like to admit.

                  We both liked to hang out in Montana,...we both smoked a lot
                  of dope in the 70s.....We both have egos the size of a Buick.

                  But until you remove your head from the Southern orifice of that
                  North bound mule and come down from that wearisome, overcrowded
                  Anthroposophical ivory tower of pseudo-intellectual superiority,
                  you won't even make it to the Powder Puff Derby.

                  There is hope, however...We'll start by leaning you up against a tree
                  and hosing you off...then a shave, a haircut and a new suit...

                  Then we can get you a bunch of books on how to kiss babies, etc.

                  BR

                • Br. Ron
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 3, 2003
                            >>These 'mystics live well into their 90s and many are over 100.
                           >>are amongst the healthiest humanity has to offer. A mystical life
                            >>of devotion and prayer DOES bring health to the life processes.

                        >Excuse me in advance Br.Ron if I jump in in your duel with Joel
                        >but since I live in a country full of Cistercian and Benedectine
                        >monasteries i have the duty to give you (and the list) the other
                        >side of the coin.

                        >A while ago i spent a time in Uliveto's Monte Maggiore Monastery in Toscana -
                        >(I presently use to spend some weekend in the S.Benedetto Monastery
                        > near Subiaco) and the Abate ("Commander in Chief") opened his heart
                        > and told me about, with deep grief- of the decadence of the institutions
                        > he had to lead.

                    As an Abbot, I can imagine his heart was surely broken.

                    >Homosexuality,Alcoholism, Lack of Religious life, Politicism : those are the
                        >monsters that, as he stated, show presently the decadence of the traditional
                        >spiritual life and the hard times that is now living such a once powerful
                        >religious brotherood here in Italy.

                    Thanks for your input, Andrea.

                    While these things were seldom an issue in my monastery
                    I do know they exist in some others. Not only the Church,
                    but institutionalism itself is being purged these days.

                    Monks are like Anthroposophists. There are good ones and bad ones.

                    I wasn't however promoting monasteries as a solution to the world's ills
                    but simply making the point that a devout life of mystical prayer is
                    indeed a healthy one, if earnestly adhered to. (in contradistinction to
                    Joel's 'true believer' assertion that only AP was health producing while
                    mystical devotion was not)

                    LVX

                    BR

                  • Joel Wendt
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 3, 2003
                      On Fri, 2003-01-03 at 03:29, Br. Ron wrote:

                      > Oh...so you DO want to talk about politics. As you wish.
                      > The truth is, I know nothing about your politics, Joel except what
                      > I read at: http://ipwebdev.com/hermit/gmg7a.html

                      No, I don't want to talk about politics on an anthroposophy list. On an
                      anthroposophy list I want to talk about spiritual science. As far as
                      ivory towers go, the only reason it looks to you like I am on one is
                      because you keep insisting you know something about anthroposophy when
                      clearly you know very little.

                      I don't think you need to know anything about it by the way, that's a
                      choice one get to make. But when you speak of it, and misrepresent it,
                      on an anthroposophy list, then don't get your shorts in a knot if
                      someone who can see how full of it you are steps on your preconceptions
                      and horse pucky.

                      Now if I was to try to run music stuff past you, you'd see in a moment I
                      was faking it. So when you fake it about anthroposophy, well, you
                      deserve what you get.

                      Glad to know what you think about my politics given what little you
                      know. There's a campaign website (http://ipwebdev.com/campaign), and on
                      those pages an e-mail link so if you want to go deeper into it (yea we
                      are probably a lot of like, that's why we're both assholes), check it
                      out and we can be political off the list.

                      But, when you sing wrong notes, with some horrible disharmonies, about
                      anthroposophy, I am going throw some harsh words at you, so wear your
                      battle armor, ok?

                      warm regards,
                      joel
                    • Br. Ron
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 3, 2003

                        From: "Joel Wendt" <hermit@...>

                        face=Arial size=2>http://ipwebdev.com/hermit/gmg7a.html

                            > No, I don't want to talk about politics on an anthroposophy list.

                        As you wish

                            >  But when you speak of it, and misrepresent it,
                            > on an anthroposophy list, then don't get your shorts in a knot if
                            > someone who can see how full of it you are steps on your preconceptions
                            > and horse pucky.>
                            > Now if I was to try to run music stuff past you, you'd see in a moment I
                            > was faking it.  So when you fake it about anthroposophy, well, you
                            > deserve what you get.

                        Whatchoo talkin bout? (he sez in his best Gary Coleman)
                        I never claimed to know anything 'bout Anthroposophy.
                        Hell, I haven't even mastered wheelbarrows yet
                        (machinery intimidates me)

                        No, I never claimed to be an Anthroposophist, Joel.
                        In fact I have made it quite clear several times that I don't
                        even like Anthroposophists.

                        (I do love much of what Rudolph Steiner has written, however)

                            > Glad to know what you think about my politics given what little you
                            > know.  There's a campaign website (
                        http://ipwebdev.com/campaign), and on
                            > those pages an e-mail link so if you want to go deeper into it

                        Well whadda ya think about me being your campaign manager?
                        I have been being tutored by the ghost of PT Barnum, I'll bet
                        together we could chew up a few mean cigars. Maybe we could
                        even get Bradford to be your speech writer.

                            >yea we are probably a lot of like, that's why we're both assholes

                        Speaking of that, did you know I'm having a colostomy on Tuesday?
                        Shucks, if you don't want to discuss politics, maybe you'd rather
                        look into......

                            > But, when you sing wrong notes, with some horrible
                            > disharmonies, about anthroposophy, I am going throw some
                            > harsh words at you, so wear your battle armor, ok?

                        Sure...I got my leathers on and my weapon is unsheathed,
                        erect and ready for the charge (ahem, forgive me Sigmund)

                        Anyway, before we retire to the coliseum, I need to know
                        what Anthroposophical misrepresentation I am charged with.

                        Betcha can't do it...seeing as how I never claimed to represent
                        AP in the first place....but that's OK I just saw Russell Crowe in
                        The Gladiator for the 3rd time and I am PUMPED!

                        (See attachment)

                        Et tu, Commodious? Prepare to taste my metal!

                        (Commodious?...Sheesh I just can't get away from
                        this potty mouth, today)

                        BR

                      • Br. Ron
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 4, 2003

                              >yea we are probably a lot of like, that's why we're both assholes

                          GREAT!!!!!!!!
                           THIS IS THE DEEPEST TRUTH I HAVE  EVER EXPERIENCED IN THE CYBERWORLD111

                          Sincerely yours,
                          Mr.Spaghetti

                          Hey watch it, Mr. Spaghetti.
                          Yer gettin' kinda saucy there.

                          Tony Soprano is off until next season
                          but I have his private number and he owes me a favor.

                          Brotherri Ronacci