Question on Another Two Dates ; Was Re: Star of the Magi

  • bdfarm03 <bdfarm03@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2003
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Bradford Riley"
      <holderlin66@h...> wrote:

      <snip>

      > Rudolf Steiner must have had a reason for not exactly indicating
      > these dates of birth. As a matter of fact, he mentioned strikingly
      > few dates. The only date he indicates exactly as a result of
      > spiritual scientific research is the date of the crucifixion. In
      > the first edition of the Calendar of the > Soul from 1912, he says
      > that the original Good Friday fell on April 3, 33.

      Did Steiner mention the dates of the Exodus from Egypt, and the Return
      from the Babylonian Captivity? I ask because the traditional date of
      1440-ish BCE with Ramses as Pharaoh was a time of peace and plenty,
      not violence and death. (I realise the plagues etc. were imaginations
      of loss that tore into the Egyptians' souls but there may have been
      some external counterpart to the inner tensions.)

      Thanks
      Barry, a BD Farmer