Jailed for the "crime of opinion"

  • lightsearcher1
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2002
      from Paul Craig Roberts, November 1, 2002 --

      ...the U.S. government has transmogrified from an accountable
      government into an intrusive therapeutic administrative state with
      many Orwellian overtones.

      Gottfried's new book, "Multiculturalism and the Politics of Guilt,"
      is a speculative work.

      It posits the advent of a secular theocracy preoccupied with
      controlling thought and expression and with modifying social behavior
      in order to ameliorate injustices inflicted on victims (Third World
      peoples, women, homosexuals and the disabled) by victimizers (white
      Christian men).

      Gottfried's book is chilling because the author is a learned and well-
      read scholar who is on top of political, legal and ideological
      developments in the United States and Europe.

      The well-documented and referenced analysis Gottfried provides
      conveys a comprehensive understanding of the intellectual atmosphere
      now regnant in the West and why this intellectual outlook is
      dangerous to liberty.

      Just as in Oceania in George Orwell's "1984," Western Europe has
      enacted laws against "crimes of opinion."

      Gottfried reports that every year many German journalists and
      scholars are tried by the government in courts for "inciting the
      public."

      This charge is subjective and includes expressing unprogressive and
      insensitive opinions.

      Gottfried says that more Germans are languishing in prison for this
      Orwellian infraction than were in East German prisons before the fall
      of communism.

      To propose immigration restrictions is evidence of xenophobia, which
      is in the process of being criminalized in the European Union.

      As well, it is prohibited to question details of the Holocaust and to
      deprecate Islam.

      Recently, when Austrian politician Jorg Haider rallied Austrians to
      control immigration, the European Monitoring Centre on Racism and
      Xenophobia quickly set up in Vienna to report on Haider's "assault on
      democracy." Austria was boycotted by the European Union until Haider
      resigned.

      In the name of protecting racial minorities, the British government
      has clamped controls on speech and behavior of the native-born
      population.

      Political elites in the United Kingdom consider the Magna Carta and
      the English Bill of Rights less important than compelling Britons to
      acquiesce to the presence and ways of Third World immigrants.

      In the United States, environments, behaviors and expressions deemed
      to be offensive to racial minorities, feminists or homosexuals are
      repressed by law or administrative action.

      Public officials and schoolteachers have been fired or disciplined
      for using the word "niggardly" because poorly educated and over-
      sensitized blacks mistook this fine old English word for a racial
      slur.

      A recent court case in Idaho treated a verbal assault against
      a "protected minority" more seriously than it treated that minority's
      physical assault against a white woman.

      Gottfried believes that a Protestant sense of guilt is blameworthy in
      creating public pliancy with government policies that disadvantage
      whites and diminish liberties in order to make restitution
      to "oppressed minorities."

      He describes "the fusion of a victim-centered feminism with the
      Protestant framework of sin and redemption."

      Gottfried believes that the intrusive therapeutic administrative
      state has already begun the process of breaking down the inherited
      identities of Germans, British, French and Americans in order to
      reconstruct society as a multicultural heaven-on-earth where
      prejudice is forbidden.

      Mass immigration from the Third World is a useful instrument of
      change employed by the therapeutic administrative state to
      deconstruct the character and history of a majority population.

      Throughout the once-confident West, a political situation has been
      created in which only native-born whites -- victimizers -- can be
      legally discriminated against.

      Gottfried believes that the days are gone when democracy meant self-
      rule.

      Today, democracy means regime change in the sense of government
      reconstructing our values and identities in order to achieve a
      culture of inclusiveness and diversity regardless of the desires of
      the majority population.

      http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/11/1/125737.shtml
    • LilOleMiss
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2002
        Lightsearcher wrote:
        Today, democracy means regime change in the sense of government
        reconstructing our values and identities in order to achieve a
        culture of inclusiveness and diversity regardless of the desires of
        the majority population.

        http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/11/1/125737.shtml

        Thank you, Lightsearcher1, for the URL as well as your previous postings, all of which I gain a great deal from as I also do from Dr. Starman's comments. At one time I considered myself a moderate leaning to the right, but now I find myself more a Libertarian than anything else.
        Democracy? I always thought the US is a Republic? No wonder I'm usually in hot water for thinking for myself as much as possible, but I'll continue to avoid "Talking Vacuum Heads."

        Sheila

        ---
      • Sören Groth
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
          --- In anthroposophy@y..., "lightsearcher1" <lightsearcher1@y...> wrote:
          > from Paul Craig Roberts, November 1, 2002 --

          I'm sort of still waiting to see, what the continued posting of these
          "facts" are leading to... What's your conclusions ????? What are you
          trying to say ??? What's your point ??

          I agree the world could be up for an acopalyptic development, a clash
          of civilisations and hermageddon.... I also pretty much know the
          agenda of groups who like to paint the picture this way....
          But is this what antroposophy, freedom in spirituality and esoteric
          knowledge ask us to ??

          To me the horror in a term of "end of western civilisation" is
          somewhat diminished by taking a cosmopolitan view... the threat in
          "end of western civilisation", doesn't ask me to dig myself into a
          defensive position, that there's islamist fundamentalists, 18-19th
          century ideologists and God knows what, that dig each their little
          trench, doesn't surprise me, and it is important to observe, very
          important ...
          So what to do
          a) Pick the best trench and prepare for chaos
          b) Hide in a Steinerstudygroup and take a lavenderbath
          c) Plug in spiritual science, ethical individualism, seek christ and
          take up the Micha-el "sword" - be radical and free to see things as
          they really are...
          A term I've seen mentioned as a challenge for the 20th-21th century
          is to develop a "promethean self" - rather than a) dreaming idealism
          (post-apocalyptic dreams) b) raw barbarianism (pre-apocalyptic
          agitated emotions)
          To me antroposophy is one of the best "manuals" around for meeting
          the challenge as "promethean selves" - Christseekers and MichaelServants

          Well and my conclusion to the end of western civilisation, is simply
          that civilisation advances seize to be perceived as "christian" and
          "western" ... The development of individual human rights, is simply
          HUMAN civilisation, not a western, christian monopoly.

          Sören
        • DRStarman2001@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
            ******Great article, again lightsearcher. Unfortunately it's probably going to get worse before it gets better. What the American experiment was about was trying to limit government so that it couldn't be used by the inevitable dictators of thought to gain power over free people. But the arrogant desire of some men to rule over all others always tries to find a way around whatever restrictions are placed on it. Whenever the mass of men become like sheep, able to be easily herded, the dictators have their opportunity. This one started when the writings of Marx were brought over by German workers in the 1870s, and has continued ever since. Class warfare and envy has taken a variety of forms, from creating the income tax to "soak the rich" to the present political correctness gone mad.
                What I think is necessary to look at is the clash of philosophies. Liberalism is based on dialectical Marxism, a completely materialistic way of looking at the human being. In this philosophy, sometimes called "naturalism", nothing really exists except the material natural world, nothing survives death, consciousness is just electricity in the brain, and there is no higher power within human beings that they can draw upon freely but rather the only hope for salvation lies in using government power to force everyone to do what is "right."  These assumptions are not questioned by the the mindless adherents of this philosophy. It is a pagan philosophy, which has great similarities to the Roman Empire's version of stoicism, and so anything Christian has no place whatsoever in it, and so neither, of course, does the freedom that the Christ has brought to every human soul. Things have advanced so fast in the Antichrist's rise in power that, if Rudolf Steiner had come today instead of a century ago, many of the things he started wouldn't be allowed. Ahriman's philosophy is taking over, as we were warned it would, and anyone who is aware of what's really going on can be forgiven for feeling like a German in the 1930s. The only thing that can help is for more people to wake up, but as you can see from peoples' deliberate refusal to awaken to the danger of Islam, for instance,and instead to distort what's really happening to fit their Marxist mindset, some people aren't going to. A world government is coming that will seize and execute any Christian on a far wider scale than was done in the Soviet Union or is still being done in China. People who speak on the basis of their conscience or free thinking must be silenced, in order that no one wakes up. The Ahrimanic deception can only succeed if we remain asleep.
            -starman

[...]

            http://www.DrStarman.net
          • Sören Groth
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2002
              --- In anthroposophy@y..., DRStarman2001@a... wrote:

              > Liberalism is based on dialectical Marxism, a completely
              materialistic way of
              > looking at the human being.

              Well it was rather the other way around, but both are basically
              materialist - Yes.

              > refusal to awaken to the danger of Islam, for instance,and instead
              to >distort
              > what's really happening to fit their Marxist mindset, some people
              >aren't
              > going to. A world government is coming that will seize and execute >any
              > Christian on a far wider scale than was done in the Soviet Union or
              is >still
              > being done in China.

              And a smart fellow that Ahriman, some will speak against, who most
              will serve... A lot of obviously ugly small Ahriman's (Usama bin
              Laden, Saddam Hussein aso) will emerge, and people will gladly turn to
              the wolf in sheepsclothes....surrender willingly to the good guy ..
              and few will be able to see through this. If I was Ahriman, I'd have
              the laugh establishing an apparently Christian World Government,
              leading an apparently Free World - to do away with human freedom. Just
              to really spit Christ and Freedom in the face

              Sören