Re: transformation

  • Demetrue@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2000
      Dearest John, What Sarah was saying (hi, Sarah ;o) now I know you are!), or
      rather, what her grandmother meant was, that if something annoys you about
      someone else (You SPOT something that irks you) then that is a signal to
      search within yourself to see 1. what is it within you that is so easily
      annoyed and 2. what work you need to do on that same annoying quality within
      yourself (you GOT the same problem you are pointing out in others).. or to
      paraphrase Christ (LOL! that sounds so funny) "If you see a speck of sawdust
      in your brother;s eye, you better remove the plank from your own eye first,
      so you can see well enough to really help your brother with his sawdust
      problem!" Warmly and with great mirth, Demetra
    • elaine upton
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 5, 2000
        Thank you, dear Sarah, for your lovely post on transformation!

        I love both ways you express the point of transforming emotion, anger, for
        example.

        On another note: Cherry! We are having a few pink cherry blossoms here in
        Charlottesville just now!

        And Nashville! Ah! Well, i am a native of Tennessee, south of Knoxville. I
        have a long lost anthroposophic friend, Terry Howell, who lives in Franklin,
        Tennessee, near Nashville. I don't think he'd mind me saying on this list
        that he used to be lonely for anthroposophists. Do you two know each other?
        He is a psychologist, working as a consultant, sometimes for automobile
        companies (Saturn?), so maybe you ran into each other. Maybe.--So, I am
        holding him in the light of this list and of your presence near him.

        Thanks for your reply, and Be Well,
        elaine