Re: Re: Emotions & Truth

  • John Massengale
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2 4:09 PM
      To go back to the beginning of this conversation: I wondered aloud if SOME
      of the attitudes towards the unborn and abortions weren't being caused more
      by emotion than the observations of spiritual science. Now that we've been
      around the barn and back, I continue to wonder that.

      I understand what you say, Elaine, but I think you can also understand that
      emotions, and feelings, can obscure the truth. I don't have Steiner's
      capabilities, and I know there are times when I convince myself that what I
      would like is what is best for the world.

      I was the first one to use the word "compassion," which was one of the
      reasons for defining it when what I had meant was clearly not being conveyed
      by my words.

      John Massengale