Demetrue-Re: Re: Emotions & Truth

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2000
      Dear Demetrue, and all,

      Thank you, Demetrue, for your concise and, as usual, thoughtful, clear way.
      Your words offer the cover of a warm blanket, allowing rest, renewal, and
      rejuvenation for the next day (next day of this discussion?--smile). "God's
      love is broad enough to include both love and truth." Wonderful tautologies,
      and that sounds like just something God would say! (laugh--loving).
      elaine

      >From: Demetrue@...
      >To: anthroposophy@onelist.com
      >Subject: Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Emotions & Truth
      >Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 00:57:00 EST
      >
      >This is similar to the balance between mercy and justice, or love and
      >truth... we humans have a tendency to lean towards one side or the other,
      >but
      >Godly love, or "agape", is able to hold all these poles in perfect
      >balance..
      >Godly love IS objective, in that it is inclusive and unconditional, and
      >gives
      >to each person exactly what is best for that individual. Godly love meets
      >them at their point of need, not emotionally or sentimentally giving them
      >what they think they want, but rather giving them only what will bring
      >about
      >their highest good... I believe this is what elaine meant by compassion and
      >also what John meant when he stated that spiritual science might offer a
      >solution that was counter-intuitive to maudlin emotions... Fortunately,
      >God's
      >love is broad enough to include love and truth in the same breath....

    • Danny F.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2000
        --- elaine upton <elaineupton@...> wrote:
        > From: "elaine upton" <elaineupton@...>
        >
        > Dear Demetrue, and all,
        >
        > Thank you, Demetrue, for your concise and, as usual, thoughtful,
        > clear way.
        > Your words offer the cover of a warm blanket, allowing rest, renewal,
        > and
        > rejuvenation for the next day (next day of this discussion?--smile).
        > "God's
        > love is broad enough to include both love and truth." Wonderful
        > tautologies,
        > and that sounds like just something God would say! (laugh--loving).
        > elaine

        Or like something the Sophia would have say.

        I think this is the life principle, the etheric that makes the
        difference and bring this "breath" of warmth, renewal, rejuvenation
        and rest.

        This is that we have an anthroposophist in the person of Demetrue...

        Danny

        =====
        'There's a fine line between participation and mockery'.
        --Scott Adams

        'My advice to you is to get married. If you find a good wife, you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher'.

        'True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing'.
        --Socrates
        http://im.yahoo.com