correction-Re: Re: Emotions & Truth; Equanimity

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2000
      Hello again,

      Sorry for one error I made in the last post. I said i agreed with Starman
      about Steiner's teaching of going beyond sympathy and antipathy, and i do.
      Yet I do not resonate with the latter part of the post about Spiritual
      Science requiring "lack of emotion".
      (I am not sure what is meant here by emotion. I see emotion and feeling as
      two different, yet surely related, words. So, i'll stick with the word
      "feeling" for the purposes of this discussion).

      Peace,

    • Danny F.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2000
        Hi!

        On the thread of compassion...

        I think this is Joel who spoke about the Buddha in relation to
        this subject. How rightly I'd say, for compassion belong to the
        mission of the astral body I'd say, this is the main
        counter-Luciferic ingredient(compassion) to incorporate to our
        being,
        since that compassion is the act of extending our astral body and
        incorporating another being as if we'd be this being, it opens up
        our being to the others and to beneficial supersensible energies
        too, this is a free deed of love, free deed of spirit, this is a
        choice, and the more you become true ego and spirit, the more it
        become something natural for you to do, for the more you realise
        that "I and the Father are one" and that most of the separation
        we create between each others arise because of lack of
        ethical individualism; goodness.

        Compassion is an ACT of goodness.

        Is an emotion an act or a reaction?
        Is truth an act?

        Is not Love the highest good?
        Is not the I something intrinsicly moral?

        Since compassion is something we incorporate in our being, meaning
        this is not necessarily there, I'd say this is of the nature of
        a spiritual feeling, something not arising from the earth, a new
        personality; the Christ personality.

        I would have the tendency to think emotions are parts of our astral
        body we've lost control on, and feelings as expresssions of the soul
        personality, from where the expression soul-mate would come, for we
        unite in sympathy or exclude in antipathy no? When we have feelings
        for someone usually it's a sign that we want to unite,
        a soul-mate will become so in the case of in heightened sympathy no?
        This is not because we've lost control over the situation,
        same thing for a sexual relation.

        So, sexual desires would be of the nature of an emotion(drive),
        feelings relate more to the soul or Beauty shortly.

        Elaine, I'd reformulate the question about how we reach the true
        'ego sense' as follow: 'How do we come to truth, love and humanity
        instead of death, evil and materialism?'

        My answer: Through self-knowledge, self observation,
        "Know thyself", and Anthroposophia shall bring substance and details
        to us about ourselves, and the Macrocosm as well, we shall come to
        know the Christ: the Key to the Riddle of Humanity.

        Another absurdity of materialism and materialistic
        mind is that they don't even know matter, for example how many
        know the constituents and parts of their own body?
        This is again that we've become witnessing sight beings with no
        will, love and thirst for knowledge, same thing for the earth,
        how many knows the contituents, different species of the earth,
        or are interested to know really? we don't care for the
        earth and we only care for our body in an aesthetic way..

        This remind me Christ saying to the Pharisees something like
        "You look all nice externally, but inside you're full of bones
        of death".

        The rose and the cross... may it be our sign.

        May we be living Grails!

        Danny

        =====
        'There's a fine line between participation and mockery'.
        --Scott Adams

        'My advice to you is to get married. If you find a good wife, you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher'.

        'True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing'.
        --Socrates
        http://im.yahoo.com