Dear John

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2000
      Dear John,
      (When I type that it reminds me of--can you guess, even if you don't know
      me?-- reminds me of the--THE "Dear John" letter, and I'm glad I'm not typing
      one of those. Smile)

      Thanks for your most recent post on how we communicate. I'll let the
      compassion issue rest for now, except to say that there are many people who
      understand the way i use the word. They may use slightly different words,
      somewhat synonymous words, but there is an understanding between us, a
      certain fluidity, elasticity, if you will. That is my experience, and not
      something for or against your experience or understandings. I learn from
      your way toward precision and rigorousness.

      Really, I do thank you for your posts, for hanging in there, and seeking
      communication with me. I am sure something has been gained by our exchanges.

      Male-female? (smile--I don't know...maybe so)

      I actually enjoy your posts, even if i am wont to take issue with you, or
      you with me.

      I cannot now remember the exact words, but there is a meditation R.S. gave
      to some of his students, that goes something like:
      AND MAY THE WORD LIVE IN ME

      (There is more, and it is a reference to the verse "let the words of my
      mouth and the meditations of my heart, be acceptable in Thy Sight..." and
      the verses in John, 1:1, etc.--on the WORD made Flesh. I always, or so
      often, feel that my little words ache for this WORD, and are but shadows of
      it. But, there is hope!--smile)

      Love,