Re: Sense of smell-Re: our materialistic culture

  • Danny F.
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2000
      --- elaine upton <elaineupton@...> wrote:
      > From: "elaine upton" <elaineupton@...>

      > So help, anyone! 5 senses? 12 senses?

      This is terribly silly I find to have come to think we only have 5
      senses, again the feeble-mindedness of our age wants to see(humans
      have become mostly bleak sight beings(TV watcher pattern)) for real
      only what is most easy and conspicuous...

      In the book 'Study of Man' Steiner goes as follow:

      " First we have four senses; the sense of touch, sense of life,
      of movement, and balance. These senses are mostly penetrated by will
      activity."

      (...)

      " The next senses - sense of smell, sense of taste, sense of sight,
      sense of warmth - are chieftly feeling senses."

      (...)

      " I have yet to add the ego sense, thought sense, sense of hearing,
      and sense of speech are predominantly knowledge senses..."
      -----

      Correction: sight beings, and ego beings(smile)...

      Is someone on the list knowing enough the Aristotelian categories to
      relate them to the 12 senses? A young soul..(smile)

      (Else I might as well do it when I find time...)

      Take care,
      Danny

      =====
      'There's a fine line between participation and mockery'.
      --Scott Adams

      'My advice to you is to get married. If you find a good wife, you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher'.

      'True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing'.
      --Socrates
      http://im.yahoo.com