ramadam nonesense

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2002
      Elaine,
      The afghanis had been praying for years that someone like the americans would come and rescue their country from the Taliban and other previous such regimes - I know I have been there in 93 and talked to many people. Besides, any sensible person can work that out. Has it ever occured to you that the MAJORITY of Iraqis are secretly supporting and hoping for america's intervention in getting rid of the Hussein dictatorship? You just don't get these people speaking up in the media because of fear. Instead all you see on TV are Leftie europeans and americans plus the radical moslems jumping about with placards - these DO NOT represent what the majority of the iraqis want! Instead they represent a bunch of misguided people who think they know how to run the world. Actually they simply have a hidden agenda as anti-capitalists.

      It's pretty certain that if america did get rid of Hussein, we would be seeing the same parties in Iraq on TV as there were in Kuwait and Afganistan after the wars finished and the dictators were cleaned out - and you and other such misguided individuals will still be sitting there doing a fast that makes no sense at all!

      Sarah

         From: "elaineupton2001" <elaineupton@...>
      Subject: A Christian keeps the fast of Ramadan...

      Hello list members,

      I quote here a post forwarded to me:

      "For the second year in a row, our country [the U.S.]prepares for war
      against a Muslim country as Islam's holy month of Ramadan
      approaches. ... [The Christian friend, the poster of this, says he
      feels called to join the fast.] This fast is my witness that it is a
      sin to kill, a sin to start a war, and a sin to attack worshippers of
      God at their worship. ...

      "I pray for the well-being of my country and its rulers, as I rpay
      for the well-being of Iraq. But as I pray, I can imagine nothing
      better for my country now, or for its enemies, than a great effort at
      self-restraint. Enough self-restraint to prevent a war now might even
      allow us the deep and general repentance we so desperately need to
      check our arrogance.

      "In undertaking this fast, I don't intend to endorse any articles of
      Islamic faith that differ from teh teachings of the Gospel of Christ;
      and in general I would never encourage any practice that did not win
      approval of the divine witness in one's own heart."

      The poster goes on to give the details of observing Ramadan, from new
      moon citing to new moon--11/6?

      If any are moved to join, in a spirit of understanding of the other
      and one's self, please do so...More information is available.

      Salaams,Shalom, Pas, Frieden,
      Mitaquye Oyasin,