Ibrahim Abouleish-Re: RS on * today's * ISLAM

  • elaineupton2001
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 7, 2002
      Hello Marc (new to me), and all on this thread,

      You ask questions about Ibrahim Abouleish and what he might or might
      not say (or have said) in a talk at the Goetheanum about Islam and
      Christianity, Mohammed and Christ. I have no direct answer to your
      question, and neither can I comment directly on the controversial
      Pietro Archiati's role in reporting this.--I can only say that it is
      best to go to the source. Ibrahim Abouleish is, as far as I know (and
      I know from a close friend, which is still second-hand knowing)
      highly regarded in places in Egypt. His work at Sekem has been highly
      praised and I have seen some of the results, when I lived in Africa
      (biodynamic work, etc. in a large community). But check out Sekem
      (Egypt's) website, and research more for yourself on Abouleish. I
      know that he and another anthroposophic friend of mine are
      translating the Koran...and I also read the statement from Sekem,
      after 9/11, a statement of peace and good wishes to the U.S.

      More at present I cannot say, but I do suggest you go to the source--
      the Vorstand and Abouleish, not Archiat, even though he may be
      correct.

      Blessings,
      elaine

      --- In anthroposophy@y..., brocartmarc@a... wrote:
      > Hello you all,
      >
      > I have read some days ago a leaflet issued seemingly by Pietro
      Archiati,
      > quoting the same lecture in connection with Dr Ibrahim Abuleish
      being invited
      > by the Vorstand to speak before the Goetheanum's audience in 1995
      and 2001 at
      > the "Religions of the world" session.
      > In his book "Islam und Anthroposophie " issued at the Verlag am
      Goetheanum
      > under the supervision of Virginia Sease, Dr Ibrahim Abuleish tries
      to tie
      > those two streams together . For him , Jesus was the bearer of the
      Christ
      > impulse and could then be called Jesus Christ, and Muhammad 700
      years later
      > as the new bearer of the Christ impulse could then be called
      Muhammad
      > Christ.
      > Abouleish's wiew implies the Second Coming of Christ was
      Muhammad , and the
      > goals of christianism to be fulfilled by islam.(!)
      > Archiati states that if Abuleish is free to express what he
      thinks , the
      > Vorstand should not give audience to such an antinomy of
      Anthroposophy and