(unknown)

  • Danny F.
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 20, 2000
      Rudolf Steiner 1915

      From the warrior's valor,
      From the blood of battles,
      From the pain of the bereaved.
      From a people's sacrifice
      Will the spirit fruit arise --
      Will the souls embrace the spirit
      Consciously, with inner eyes.

      Victorious Spirit
      Flame through the impotence
      Of irresolute souls.
      Burn out the egotism,
      Ignite the compassion.
      That selflessness,
      The life-stream of mankind,
      Wells up as the source of spirit - rebirth.

      =====
      'There's a fine line between participation and mockery'.
      --Scott Adams

      'My advice to you is to get married. If you find a good wife, you'll be happy; if not, you'll become a philosopher'.

      'True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing'.
      --Socrates
      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Lil Ole Miss
      Message 2 of 26 , Jan 12, 2002
        I was unable to access your web site, so I'm not sure at all to what you refer. To my knowledge, the asteroid belt is left over material from the battle of Good and Evil in the Spiritual World. I'm not aware of any connection to it having been a planet, but this is not to contradict that premise. Hopefully someone will answer who does know.

        Sincerely,

        Sheila

        Maybe a strange question but I'd like to know if the asteroid belt
        was a planet as theorized:

        http://64.225.45.25/solar%20system/cydonia/mrb_cydonia/new-
        evidence.asp

        then how does this planet would fit in the Saturn-Sun-Moon-Earth-
        Jupiter-Venus-Vulcan cosmosophie?

        Thank you

      • DRStarman2001@aol.com
        Message 3 of 26 , Jan 12, 2002
          In a message dated 1/12/2002 6:52:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          lilolemiss@... writes:

          << I was unable to access your web site, so I'm not sure at all to what you
          refer. To my knowledge, the asteroid belt is left over material from the
          battle of Good and Evil in the Spiritual World. I'm not aware of any
          connection to it having been a planet, but this is not to contradict that
          premise. Hopefully someone will answer who does know.

          Sincerely,

          Sheila >>

          *******It is both. The War in Heaven in the Old Moon world-age caused the
          fact that, when our present "Earth" soalr system formed, the retarded beings
          tried to form a world of their own after the solar sphere had contracted and
          left Jupiter behind. This could not be allowed, and so, as the next world
          formed, mighty rays between it and Jupiter destroyed that legendary world
          between them, leaving behind the remnants as a reminder to all who would set
          up their own little Kingdom apart from the divine world-order (occultists
          take note), and forever marking that world which destroyed it as the God of
          War.

          sic transit gloria mundi luciferus...

          Starman
        • Lil Ole Miss
          Message 4 of 26 , Jan 12, 2002
            << I was unable to access your web site, so I'm not sure at all to what you
            > refer. To my knowledge, the asteroid belt is left over material from the
            > battle of Good and Evil in the Spiritual World. I'm not aware of any
            > connection to it having been a planet, but this is not to contradict that
            > premise. Hopefully someone will answer who does know.
            >
            > Sincerely,
            >
            > Sheila >>
            >
            > *******It is both. The War in Heaven in the Old Moon world-age caused the
            > fact that, when our present "Earth" soalr system formed, the retarded
            beings
            > tried to form a world of their own after the solar sphere had contracted
            and
            > left Jupiter behind. This could not be allowed, and so, as the next world
            > formed, mighty rays between it and Jupiter destroyed that legendary world
            > between them, leaving behind the remnants as a reminder to all who would
            set
            > up their own little Kingdom apart from the divine world-order (occultists
            > take note), and forever marking that world which destroyed it as the God
            of
            > War.
            >
            > sic transit gloria mundi luciferus...
            >
            > Starman

            Thank you, Dr. Starman, and "sic transit gloria mundi luciferus..."
            indeed!!!!!! Could you point us to a source regarding the above? I was
            unable, somehow, to study Steiner's cosmology/cosmosophy until several years
            ago, and am at a loss being so far behind. It seems I "wasn't ready" for
            that aspect until after his Christology and medical works, history, POF,
            plus much else. I'm very grateful for your reply.

            Best,

            Sheila
          • Bradford Riley
            Message 5 of 26 , Jan 13, 2002
              From: DRStarman2001@...
              >Subject: Re: [anthroposophy] (unknown)
              >Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 22:56:21 EST

              Bradford writes;

              Thanks. I knew you would have an answer to this Miltonian question. It was a
              little sparse but to the point.

              Message 6 of 26 , May 11 6:33 AM
                Try http://www.abebooks.com/

                >>> naomi_hetze@... 05/09/02 11:02PM >>>
                Please. I m looking for "Occult Science". Someone has it?

              • Bill
                Message 7 of 26 , May 11 10:12 PM
                  Esoteric Science (new name) is available from Anthroposophical Press, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. Occult Science would be classified as a used or out of print book.

                  Bill

                  Mike Dejongh wrote:
                  Try http://www.abebooks.com/

                  >>> naomi_hetze@... 05/09/02 11:02PM >>>
                  Please.  I m looking for "Occult Science".  Someone has it?

                • Morgan Vierheller
                  Message 8 of 26 , May 12 10:22 PM

                    >>> naomi_hetze@... 05/09/02 11:02PM >>>
                    Please.  I m looking for "Occult Science".  Someone has it?

                    You can find it used at Alibris.com for a reasonable price.

                    Morgan Vierheller

                  • g8740@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jul 30, 2002
                      elvish words. why don't you paint the words as a picture?

                    • Carol
                      Message 10 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007

                        “This is the game: to know, to accept, to forgive, to balance, and to open the self in love.”

                        The more you love,  the more you know how much Love is the issue and IS what is needed.  When I’m allowed a pause (through grace),  I end up retrieving all my tools for Love and setting myself strait,  because I know that (if it were asked of me, in spirit) I really haven’t  filled my quota for loving.  It’s like it were an addiction…I MUST move on and love more.

                        Carol.

                        Message 11 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                          --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <organicethics@...> wrote:

                          > "This is the game: to know, to accept, to forgive, to balance, and to
                          open the self in love."

                          > The more you love, the more you know how much Love is the issue and
                          IS what is needed. When I'm allowed a pause (through grace), I end up
                          retrieving all my tools for Love and setting myself strait, because I
                          know that (if it were asked of me, in spirit) I really haven't filled
                          my quota for loving. It's like it were an addiction.I MUST move on and
                          love more.

                          > Carol.

                          It is also important to know that love exists in conflict. And
                          conflict exists for the purpose of achieving ultimate love, which is
                          the goal of earth evolution. Evil has been brought down to earth for
                          this purpose; to achieve the supreme good by the active conflict it
                          creates in the will-based effort to defeat it in favor of completely
                          free and independent spirit, which then is free to love completely.

                          We stand in the midst of an epochal epoch; the fifth, wherein the
                          etheric world has now descended into the physical due to Christ having
                          evolved in the earth's etheric layer for two thousand years in order to
                          form the basis of all the refined science and technology that exists
                          today. It wouldn't, nor couldn't exist without having its basis in a
                          moralized ether. And Christ is the bearer of that moral ether.

                          But it has also been made possible for evil to get ahold of a certain
                          portion of this moralized ether in order to wreak havoc in the world,
                          and take a certain control of science and technology for purposes that
                          are hardly refined. Instead of being the ruler of science and
                          technology and all of the benevolent uses of such, guided by the Christ
                          who gives the impetus for such good and worthy uses, man has been made
                          a slave to much of what could be savior of the world's torment and
                          illness. And this we must fight, consistently and conscientiously,
                          even if it is just with the pen.

                          Steve
                        • Mark Willan
                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                            Ho

                            There is a technique to use.

                            Let me reason by analogy - say you are angry, but have decided in inner freedom you don't want to be.

                            So what do you do? Oppose the anger? If you do, then all it does is eat all your energy.

                            If you fail to oppose the anger then it has won and you have lost.

                            What we need is a third way- and it is this, making an inner gift of it to the Logos within the I.

                            Doing so sets us free, and coincidentally increases our love - yes even for the state of anger itself!

                            The problem for the spirit world is man's freedom. If we are left alone, as the good Michaelic forces do, there is a seriosu risk we screw up.

                            Which is why there is a rift in heaven, as forces that for aeons have controlled man are now wanting to come down and interfere with that freedom lest we destroy everything. And guess who those forces are? Forces who want to mke man a good automaton (Lucifer) or make man a purely material being (Ahriman) plus a quotient of forces that just want total destruction (Asuras).

                            And the Logos, with his herald Michael is the only one that can act freely to replenish the earth, through freedom!

                            Here we go round again.

                            Whatever way we cut it, whatever clothing we see for the phenomenon in the outer world (the US in Iran, conspiracy poltiics in any nation, or any personal moral issues, including should I seduce my neighbour or have another piece of cake) IT IS ALWAYS THE SAME INNER STRUGGLE.

                            The same struggle takes place anywhere, in anyone's life, in any appearance.

                            The true place where the inner battles are fought and one is in our own beings.

                            Change the microcosm and the macrocosm has to follow.

                            The memory review exercise for instance has untold depths and richness of potential for good - which we are only just beginning to discover. It is like mining - we find precious gems hidden there, just waiting for our work.

                            I will shut up now.

                            Mark

                            Mark Willan

                            21 Balmoral Park
                            #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
                            Singapore 259850

                            Tel: +65 64040702
                            Mob: +65 9019 4314

                            On 03 Mar 2007, at 3:34 AM, Steve Hale wrote:

                            --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <organicethics@...> wrote:

                            > "This is the game: to know, to accept, to forgive, to balance, and to
                            open the self in love."

                            > The more you love, the more you know how much Love is the issue and
                            IS what is needed. When I'm allowed a pause (through grace), I end up
                            retrieving all my tools for Love and setting myself strait, because I
                            know that (if it were asked of me, in spirit) I really haven't filled
                            my quota for loving. It's like it were an addiction.I MUST move on and
                            love more.

                            > Carol.

                            It is also important to know that love exists in conflict. And
                            conflict exists for the purpose of achieving ultimate love, which is
                            the goal of earth evolution. Evil has been brought down to earth for
                            this purpose; to achieve the supreme good by the active conflict it
                            creates in the will-based effort to defeat it in favor of completely
                            free and independent spirit, which then is free to love completely.

                            We stand in the midst of an epochal epoch; the fifth, wherein the
                            etheric world has now descended into the physical due to Christ having
                            evolved in the earth's etheric layer for two thousand years in order to
                            form the basis of all the refined science and technology that exists
                            today. It wouldn't, nor couldn't exist without having its basis in a
                            moralized ether. And Christ is the bearer of that moral ether.

                            But it has also been made possible for evil to get ahold of a certain
                            portion of this moralized ether in order to wreak havoc in the world,
                            and take a certain control of science and technology for purposes that
                            are hardly refined. Instead of being the ruler of science and
                            technology and all of the benevolent uses of such, guided by the Christ
                            who gives the impetus for such good and worthy uses, man has been made
                            a slave to much of what could be savior of the world's torment and
                            illness. And this we must fight, consistently and conscientiously,
                            even if it is just with the pen.

                            Steve

                          • Steve Hale
                            Message 13 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                              --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Mark Willan <mwillan@...> wrote:
                              > The memory review exercise for instance has untold depths and
                              > richness of potential for good - which we are only just beginning to
                              > discover. It is like mining - we find precious gems hidden there,
                              > just waiting for our work.
                              >
                              > I will shut up now.
                              >
                              > Mark

                              I had a very recent opportunity to engage in the memory review exercise
                              on another list, and it was a very rewarding experience. It showed me,
                              amongst a number of very specific and dramtic events in my life, that
                              Christian initiation really exists. We experience every one of the
                              seven stages, which confirms for me the fact that when Christ
                              incarnated in the physical body of Jesus that it was designed to start
                              this system of modern initiation science. Just review your biography
                              to find that you have served at the lowest level in order to be
                              maligned and scourged on your way up. In my case, I can attest that it
                              is a fact.

                              So, when Ash Wednesday comes around I begin to think of Lazarus. Does
                              that make sense?

                              Steve
                            • Steve Hale
                              Message 14 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
                                Here's another technique. Study spiritual science with every fibre
                                of your being in order to bring it into the density that denotes the
                                full embodiment that the Logos had in mind in the first place.

                                In my opinion, that is how we can get a hold; a strangle-hold on
                                evil.

                                Steve

                                wrote:

> [...]
                                in a
                                > > moralized ether. And Christ is the bearer of that moral ether.
                                > >
                                > > But it has also been made possible for evil to get ahold of a
                                certain
                                > > portion of this moralized ether in order to wreak havoc in the
                                world,
                                > > and take a certain control of science and technology for
                                purposes that
                                > > are hardly refined. Instead of being the ruler of science and
                                > > technology and all of the benevolent uses of such, guided by
                                the
                                > > Christ
                                > > who gives the impetus for such good and worthy uses, man has
                                been made
                                > > a slave to much of what could be savior of the world's torment
                                and
                                > > illness. And this we must fight, consistently and

                              • Carol
                                Message 15 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007

                                  “…In my opinion, that is how we can get a hold; a strangle-hold on evil.”

                                  This is what I stick with.  Spiritual Science is a developed form of an already established Mystical stream, which itself bore itself from out of others.  This scenario could be viewed as an organic continuum which itself allows Mysteries to  spontaneously sprout out of them,  themselves creating sublime conditions for the advent of other sublime mysteries to follow.  For the individual who’s soul is ‘feeding itself’ off/into this continuum,  he/she ‘organically’:

                                  “bring(s) it into the density that denotes the full embodiment that the Logos had in mind in the first place”

                                  All, in a context of the primordial evolving Spirit,  of course.

                                  C.

                                  wrote:

> [...]
                                  in a
                                  > > moralized ether. And Christ is the bearer of that moral ether.
                                  > >
                                  > > But it has also been made possible for evil to get ahold of a
                                  certain
                                  > > portion of this moralized ether in order to wreak havoc in the
                                  world,
                                  > > and take a certain control of science and technology for
                                  purposes that
                                  > > are hardly refined. Instead of being the ruler of science and
                                  > > technology and all of the benevolent uses of such, guided by
                                  the
                                  > > Christ
                                  > > who gives the impetus for such good and worthy uses, man has
                                  been made
                                  > > a slave to much of what could be savior of the world's torment
                                  and
                                  > > illness. And this we must fight, consistently and

                                • Mark Willan
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Mar 3, 2007
                                    sorry to pour damp water and all that...ash wednesday was on 21st February 07.

                                    Unless your talking about 08.

                                    Personally I find it particularly rewarding to review the Lazarus story just before Palm Sunday, becuase then the following Holy Week events fall into place, the Mary Magdalen episode when Judas got the idea of selling Jesus for cash, and the rest as per the St John Gospel in particular (note the immense lenght of the disourses on the last supper - most instructive).

                                    Or else, what I also find useful, is to meditate the whole of the John gospel from start to finish, one verse a day. Each iteration takes close to 3 years. This was an RS tip - not translated into English - as ever!

                                    Regards

                                    Mark

                                    Mark Willan

                                    21 Balmoral Park
                                    #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
                                    Singapore 259850

                                    Tel: +65 64040702
                                    Mob: +65 9019 4314

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Mar 3, 2007
                                      wrote:

                                      > sorry to pour damp water and all that...ash wednesday was on 21st
                                      > February 07.
                                      >
                                      > Unless your talking about 08.

                                      No, I meant 2/21. You see, when the astral body and the etheric
                                      body are subtracted from the physical body, all that's left is a
                                      small pile of ashes; it's the ring around the rosy, which holds it
                                      all together in a visible and mobile presentation. The rosy being
                                      the rosicrucian connection that forms the basis of all that
                                      anthroposophy is able to impart to the intellect. And when the
                                      intellect takes up this knowledge, a conceptualization process
                                      begins that is very much akin to what the sculptor does in the
                                      shaping process of a new form for presentaton. The sculpture is
                                      conceived and then created in its form. Thus, the concept leads to
                                      a definite realization; and the same can be said for anthroposophy
                                      in its conceptual formation. It leads to a higher form, called "the
                                      Real Man."

                                      > Personally I find it particularly rewarding to review the Lazarus
                                      > story just before Palm Sunday, becuase then the following Holy
                                      Week
                                      > events fall into place, the Mary Magdalen episode when Judas got
                                      the
                                      > idea of selling Jesus for cash, and the rest as per the St John
                                      > Gospel in particular (note the immense lenght of the disourses on
                                      the
                                      > last supper - most instructive).

                                      There is a particular verse at the end of chapter 11 of the Gospel
                                      of John, the chapter in which Lazarus is raised, that places this
                                      event at the time of year that is now celebrated as Lent, which
                                      begins on the Wednesday that is 40 days before Palm Sunday, or the
                                      triumphal entry of Christ-Jesus into Jerusalem, six days before the
                                      crucifixion. So, the beginning of chapter 12 occurs after 40 days
                                      has elapsed. And this is when Lazarus is noted as "reclining at the
                                      table" with Christ and the other disciples. This means that he has
                                      become a disciple himself, who would soon be referred to as "the
                                      disciple whom the Lord is loving", by his own hand; as he would
                                      write the Gospel of John in order to tell the truth of these things.

                                      What spiritual science is able to reveal is that it was during these
                                      40 days from Ash Wednesday, when Lazarus was raised by Christ from a
                                      grave that was actually an initiation spot, until the Sabbath just
                                      before the entry into Jerusalem, that the spirit of John the Baptist
                                      descended into the sheaths of Lazarus and a forty day rite of
                                      initiation took place, guided by the Baptist.

                                      Thus, at the beginning of chapter 12 Lazarus is no longer 'just
                                      Lazarus', and so must have another name given; one that will
                                      maintain a certain secret until the end of his long life. You see,
                                      when Lazarus reclined at the table and then joined the group, he
                                      became as big a threat to Caiaphas, the high priest, as Jesus was
                                      for raising him.

                                      > Or else, what I also find useful, is to meditate the whole of the
                                      > John gospel from start to finish, one verse a day. Each iteration
                                      > takes close to 3 years. This was an RS tip - not translated into
                                      > English - as ever!
                                      >
                                      > Regards
                                      >
                                      > Mark

                                      Steve
                                    • Steve Hale
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Mar 3, 2007
                                        wrote:

                                        > ".In my opinion, that is how we can get a hold; a strangle-hold on
                                        evil."

                                        > This is what I stick with. Spiritual Science is a developed form
                                        of an already established Mystical stream, which itself bore itself
                                        from out of others. This scenario could be viewed as an organic
                                        continuum which itself allows Mysteries to spontaneously sprout out
                                        of them, themselves creating sublime conditions for the advent of
                                        other sublime mysteries to follow. For the individual who's soul
                                        is 'feeding itself' off/into this continuum, he/she 'organically':

                                        > "bring(s) it into the density that denotes the full embodiment
                                        that the Logos had in mind in the first place"

                                        > All, in a context of the primordial evolving Spirit, of course.
                                        >

                                        > C.

                                        Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am what my teacher
                                        calls, "an agent of beneficial change". And so, based on that
                                        initial description for the course, I started on a career wherein
                                        change for the good was the idea.

                                        Now, as part of the course, learning to detect areas where
                                        beneficial changes could occur was my main responsibility. And this
                                        then involved looking into all the problems and difficulties of the
                                        present scheme of things that people wanted to change. And then,
                                        based on that, finding solutions to the problems and conceiving of
                                        better ways to do the business that governs people's lives in the
                                        work-a-day world. And they loved it. Right up until the time that
                                        they actually had to change, they loved it. And then, when it came
                                        time to change, they fought it. Must be human nature, huh?

                                        So, whatever the kids are doing, great! Indigo or whatever, they'll
                                        fight for changes for the good right up until they reach the age
                                        where resistance to change begins, and then they'll be just like
                                        those paunchy has-beens called "the Chicago Seven", meaning they'll
                                        scream for conformity. It's a fact of life; get used to it.

                                        If you haven't got the Michael spirit for this work, you're just
                                        spinning words, like you think I do. But I'm not wasting time
                                        because, as an agent of beneficial change schooled in problem
                                        recognition and solution, I have learned to find the answers that
                                        can make the burden lighter. It's just that saavy adults, so proud
                                        of what they think they know, and so desperately resistive to any
                                        changes that could really benefit their lives and what they do, will
                                        fight you tooth and nail to keep things the same. This I know, and
                                        while I like what the kids are doing, they need help from the
                                        guiding spirit, don't you think?

                                        Steve
                                      • Carol
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Mar 3, 2007

                                          “If you haven't got the Michael spirit for this work, you're just spinning words, like you think I do.”

                                          Excuse me,  I happen to have an extremely broad and tolerant view of what’s happening.  As long as you don’t impose your own need for elaborate, conceptual structure over in my direction,  I’m happy to simply watch you ‘spread out  Spirit’ in your own way (and inner need) !  I do know how to appreciate pure structured thoughts,  it’s just that I also enjoy the living experience of  the creative process.

                                          “It's just that saavy adults, so proud of what they think they know, and so desperately resistive to any changes that could really benefit their lives and what they do, will fight you tooth and nail to keep things the same.”

                                          I guess you have to pick and choose your friends, as for the rest,  an artistic touch to socializing is the best I can suggest.  (Living) creativity in practice….

                                          “I like what the kids are doing, they need help from the guiding spirit, don't you think?”

                                          They do the pushing,  we take care of the loose edges(?)  That's the aging Wise.

                                          C.

                                          Message 20 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007
                                            --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <organicethics@...> wrote:

                                            > "If you haven't got the Michael spirit for this work, you're just
                                            spinning words, like you think I do."

                                            > Excuse me, I happen to have an extremely broad and tolerant view of
                                            what's happening. As long as you don't impose your own need for
                                            elaborate, conceptual structure over in my direction, I'm happy to
                                            simply watch you 'spread out Spirit' in your own way (and inner
                                            need) ! I do know how to appreciate pure structured thoughts, it's
                                            just that I also enjoy the living experience of the creative process.

                                            I don't impose, but freely give; thus, no charge, meaning take it in or
                                            throw it out. I am utterly indifferent to whether a conceptual
                                            rendering of the science of the spirit reaches you personally, although
                                            the effort to e'labor'ate it with content will prove to be of
                                            increasing importance the further on we go here in the early stage of
                                            the greater consciousness soul age. Here's my vision today: if you
                                            look over to where we used to be, about fifty thousand years ago, you
                                            can find the point where the Moon Oracle occurred. And then if you
                                            look over to where the end of earth evolution takes place, you'll see a
                                            separation occur, similar to when the moon was expelled from the earth
                                            50,000 years ago. But this time, at the end of the seventh epoch, it
                                            will be the expelling of a counter-earth, which will be separated from
                                            the astralized earth that will move into the Jupiter sphere.

                                            And this counter-earth exists right now, in the fifth epoch, in a
                                            particular form that is getting stronger and stronger, based on which
                                            side of the sword people choose to swear by. The one side leads
                                            upward, and the other side leads downward, where the evil race is
                                            forming that will occupy this counter-earth at the end of the seventh
                                            epoch.

                                            So, may I suggest to you and everyone else listening here that concepts
                                            and structures of spiritual science will have to be taken up in order
                                            to fill your cranial case in ever greater measure during this epoch for
                                            the express purpose of keeping you out of the sphere that is slowly
                                            forming this counter-earth, and does so by taking people down into the
                                            abyss, where the soul gets turned toward and into this sphere's
                                            influence. The effects of such an influence are already now in
                                            evidence in a number of ways where only the healing hand and mind of
                                            etheric physics can come to the aid in order to offset the aims of this
                                            sphere of evil. But it all began when the Moon Oracle occurred so that
                                            man could first begin to really evolve in freedom.

                                            And freedom has to be won.

                                            Steve
                                          • Mark Willan
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007
                                              I actually hold both what Steve and Carol have said to be true. I have also observed reluctance to change in  myself, and there I continue to fight it tooth and nail.

                                              But there is a perspective that is needed here, and that is that the Logos is the Lord of Karma, and that everything that happens is ultimately in His hands.

                                              A murderer needs to murder, in order to face up to the extreme consequences of his actions, and to start the long path of expiation that will lead him as an individual to progress.

                                              That is an inner development path, which each of us takes, and everybody suffers, and everybody grows, some slower, some faster.

                                              We humans simply cannot yet take charge of this - anyway to do so would be to infringe the individual freedoms of people which I hold so sacred, because without freedom development is meaningless.

                                              What is needed is an inner force, which is inside each person, within their very I, in order to help them develop - and Bingo - that is just what the Logos is.

                                              We should stop being distracted by the outer Maya world, where here are good people and bad people, and start to understand humanity as beings like ourselves, all of whose failings we share. And where we have had sucess in overcoming some, we share the techniques with anyone who will listen.

                                              And there is another art in itself, that of gradually turning conversation to a deeper dimension. Because everyone needs the spirit, but they do not want it as dogma, - that just makes them run. But in a simple sentence, we can plant a seed-thought, even if it is only one, which years later even may be enough to turn that person inward, to see for themselves. We can even do it with a joke.

                                              You can dveelop these things much furhter if you want.

                                              Blessings

                                              Mark

                                              Mark Willan

                                              21 Balmoral Park
                                              #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
                                              Singapore 259850

                                              Tel: +65 64040702
                                              Mob: +65 9019 4314

                                              Message 22 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007
                                                Messgae continues:

                                                As I have previously pointed out, the problem is none of when encountering resistance, how to overcome it.

                                                Fight and you spend all your energy fighting - and oftne uselessly too!

                                                Fail to fight and you may as well give up.

                                                The answer I found hidden in RS's instructions to thye School in the Theosophical Society ( niot translated unfortunatelty).

                                                He suggested simply offering the issue inwardly to the Logos in the I. In other word, "Christifying" virtues, becuase if we dont the opposing vices tend to hide in a place we cannot find them, and dominate from there.

                                                But it still takes time, and there are losses and woundings on the field of battle.

                                                But by placing it all in the hands of the I to transform, we stand a real chance of actually bringing about the transformation we have freely decided we want.

                                                Now back to work...

                                                Mark

                                                Mark Willan

                                                21 Balmoral Park
                                                #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
                                                Singapore 259850

                                                Tel: +65 64040702
                                                Mob: +65 9019 4314

                                              • Carol
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007

                                                  “In other word, "Christifying" virtues, because if we don’t the opposing vices tend to hide in a place we cannot find them, and dominate from there.

                                                  But it still takes time, and there are losses and woundings on the field of battle.

                                                  But by placing it all in the hands of the I to transform, we stand a real chance of actually bringing about the transformation we have freely decided we want.”

                                                  Yes, on a conscious practical level,  we can act socially in this way and perhaps tame some outwardly manifested aspects of the beast.  But on a sub strata level,  this is the WAY.  Within the sub strata soul fabric of humanity, much is happening through  Christinizing efforts.  And, these do not only implicate outwardly manifested pious Christians, but pious souls from all Religious impulses and all races. (re. listening to your angelic being)

                                                  Humanity’s task in unveiling it’s great, elaborate, shared riddle is presently under the guidance of Michael, which will allow to flow up to the surface a truly cosmopolitan, more spiritualized, brotherhood of man, the world over.

                                                  “And this counter-earth exists right now, in the fifth epoch, in a particular form that is getting stronger and stronger, based on which side of the sword people choose to swear by. The one side leads upward, and the other side leads downward, where the evil race is forming that will occupy this counter-earth at the end of the seventh epoch.”

                                                  Yup,  good thing  the internet has facilitated  the formation of  ‘centers of spirit will and deed’.  At this time, we have more time on our hands, social acceptance towards forming scientific thought patterns, we have plenty of poetic, heartfelt expressions of Love pouring out of the FM dials etc,  and we now have easy access to the written basics of Spiritual Science which after almost  a century,  no longer sends great shock waves into the outward social fabric.

                                                  Learning to listen to what our brethren is really saying,  just may be what’s next.

                                                  And maybe, tuning out of the trend which stresses never ending visual reproductions and meaningless chatter.

                                                  Carol.

                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007
                                                    --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <organicethics@...> wrote:
                                                    <snip>
                                                    > Learning to listen to what our brethren is really saying, just may
                                                    be what's next.

                                                    > And maybe, tuning out of the trend which stresses never ending visual
                                                    reproductions and meaningless chatter.

                                                    > Carol.

                                                    I seriously doubt many here are being distracted by "never ending
                                                    visual reproductions and meaningless chatter", due simply to the fact
                                                    that this list is very serious in its tone and content. And I
                                                    personally can vouch for the fact that I abstain from most of these
                                                    distractions until a good black-and-white movie comes on TCM,
                                                    like "Lilies of the Field". Have you seen this movie? I watch it
                                                    whenever I can, as an inspiration for what it means to care. And I do.

                                                    Big words; big deal. But spiritual science is a fact, and a chapel
                                                    exists to be built that will replicate that small school that has now
                                                    risen to cathedral proportions, and doesn't know or understand any of
                                                    it.

                                                    Steve
                                                  • Valerie Walsh
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Mar 5, 2007
                                                      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hale" <sardisian01@...>
                                                      wrote:

                                                      > I had a very recent opportunity to engage in the memory review
                                                      exercise
                                                      > on another list, and it was a very rewarding experience. It showed
                                                      me,
                                                      > amongst a number of very specific and dramtic events in my life, that
                                                      > Christian initiation really exists. We experience every one of the
                                                      > seven stages, which confirms for me the fact that when Christ
                                                      > incarnated in the physical body of Jesus that it was designed to
                                                      start
                                                      > this system of modern initiation science. Just review your biography
                                                      > to find that you have served at the lowest level in order to be
                                                      > maligned and scourged on your way up. In my case, I can attest that
                                                      it
                                                      > is a fact.

                                                      Seven stages? I thought there were eight. Do we only experience seven
                                                      of them? Or is seven what you can attest to? My last post to you has
                                                      gone MIA-perhaps this one will show up.-Val
                                                    • Steve Hale
                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Mar 5, 2007
                                                        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Valerie Walsh" <wdenval@...>
                                                        wrote:
                                                        > Seven stages? I thought there were eight. Do we only experience seven
                                                        > of them? Or is seven what you can attest to? My last post to you has
                                                        > gone MIA-perhaps this one will show up.-Val

                                                        Well, since this was based on my own biography review, what have you
                                                        been able to find in your review? Eight would be the Law of Octaves in
                                                        which the first note resounds at the end. Is this what you meant?

                                                        I think only Peter was able to attest to reaching pater status, and
                                                        then he dropped suddenly out of the history that Luke was recording,
                                                        known as Acts of the Apostles. Twenty years later, he was crucified
                                                        upside down. But hey, Christ told him about it beforehand. Something
                                                        about: "to the glory of God."