  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6 7:26 PM
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      The cycle of the year can be a meditation through which you can sense the
      Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the
      'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras enabling you to
      consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as
      well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are well known to
      many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in 1912 ALSO
      contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the working of
      the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the Moon's phase
      and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the 'lunar'
      forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with
      specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. We begin with the
      mantra in the original German and in translation:

      * M A N T R A # 2 8 *

      Ich kann in Innern neu belebt
      Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten
      Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen
      Aus Seelensonnenmacht
      Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,
      Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,
      Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

      I can in Inner newly alive
      Feel my own Essence widen
      And power-filled Thinking-rays
      Out of Soul's Sun-Might
      Life-Riddles loosening giving,
      Lending fulfillment to many Wishes
      That before even the Hope for had its wings lamed.

      This week's mantram:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
      (outer)-consciousness we have had all Summer. This developing
      self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our
      soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the
      Autumn. This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves and
      causing our being to widen out of its isolation within self into the wide
      world, and newly-empowered thinking finds itself able to solve what had been
      before seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life; which in turn leads to the
      feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, we
      now see it will be possible to realize.

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from
      Sept. 8th to Oct. 12th in our era. The symbolic image of the Virgin done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post as a JPEG, although
      it may go through to you or not depending on your settings.

      Sunday October 6th. Moon Libra. New Moon. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Angela
      (who converted Francis of Assizi to Christianity).
      Monday October 7th. Moon Scorpio. Serapius.
      Tuesday October 8th. Moon Scorpio. Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502 Founding of
      the University of Wittenberg.
      Wednesday October 9th. Moon Sagittarius. Dionysius (he who conducted the
      counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method
      for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).
      Thursday October 10th. Moon Sagittarius. Gideon.
      Friday October 11th. Moon Capricorn. 1531 Zwingli died.
      Saturday October 12th. Moon Capricorn. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of
      Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).

      The verse for the Southern Hemisphere this week:

      * M A N T R A # 5 2 *
      Wenn aus den Seelentiefen
      Der Geist sich wendet zu dem Weltensein
      Und Schönheit quillt aus Raumesweiten,
      Dann zieht aus Himmelsfernen
      Des Lebens Kraft in Menschenleiber
      Und einet, machtvoll wirkend,
      Des Geistes Wesen mit dem Menschensein.

      When out of the Soul’s Deeps
      The Spirit winds its way to World-Being
      And Beauty swells into the widths of Space,
      Then is drawn from farthest Heavens
      The Life Force into Man’s bodies
      And there becomes one, mightily working,
      The Spirit’s Essence and Man’s being.

      Dr. Starman