Re: RS on * today's * ISLAM

  • jackstrange11
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 5, 2002
      Starman:
      But isn't Islam, despite its present demonic elements, the source of
      the positive contributions of math, science, and rational thinking
      that has become the foundation of Western economics? The souls of
      Islam reincarnated in Western rationalism. The al-quada stream is a
      divergent development that draws on the Christ-rejection, but the
      merger of the rational Arabic stream into the West seems necessary
      for the achievement of human freedom. Or should we differentiate
      between Islam and the Arabic stream of Haroun al Rachid, etc??

      Kenneth
      --- In anthroposophy@y..., DRStarman2001@a... wrote:
      > lightsearcher1@y... writes:
      > > In the lecture excerpts below, Rudy does not * overtly * define
      the implicit
      > > connection he is making here between the "Islam" of the early
      portion of
      > > his lecture and the furious, demonic rage and destructiveness he
      builds to
      > > and ends up speaking about at the end..... ....but to me the
      connection â€"
      > > and his intent â€" are MANIFEST. Why else would he bookend a
      single lecture
      > > with ISLAM at the start...and furious "Sorat-ian" rage at the
      conclusion ?

      > > *******Boy, you sure have made a Politically Incorrect post here,
      talking
      > > about the reality of what's reared its head since 1998. Be
      prepared to have
      > > bricks thrown at you by everyone who doesn't want to hear about
      this
      > > materialist anti-religion and what it really is. Everyone here
      seems to
      > > want to think Coca-Cola or Ford is the Antichrist, not demonic
      Dark Age
      > > religious fanatics killing innocent civilians in flaming
      holocausts. But
      > > thanks for posting Steiner's prescient remarks.
      > > -starman
      >
      > > = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
      > > Excerpt from a lecture by Rudolf Steiner
      > > September 1924 / Switzerland
      > > From one basic way of considering this matter, there are two
      > > realms: the realm of NATURE â€" which is the realm of the Father
      > > (the source of the created world both spiritually and physically)
      â€"
    • DRStarman2001@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 5, 2002
        jackfreed@... writes:
        Starman:
        But isn't Islam, despite its present demonic elements, the source of
        the positive contributions of math, science, and rational thinking
        that has become the foundation of Western economics? The souls of
        Islam reincarnated in Western rationalism.  The al-quada stream is a
        divergent development that draws on the Christ-rejection, but the
        merger of the rational Arabic stream into the West seems necessary
        for the achievement of human freedom. Or should we differentiate
        between Islam and the Arabic stream of Haroun al Rachid, etc??
        Kenneth

        ******* Well, to perhaps oversimplify what Steiner says, I believe you'll find in his many references to the history of thinking and philosophy that about 600 years before the Christ impulse, a sort of "Luciferic" shadow-image of it appeared in Greek philosophy, while about 600 years after it, appeared an "Ahrimanic" after-image in Islam. The greatest fruit of Greek philosophy was the creation of logic with Aristotle, which one on to remake the whole world; and this was almost entirely lost to Western Europe and only preserved in Arabic translation. In his lectures on Thomas Aquinas, Steiner says that during this time of its translation into Arabic, Aristotelian thought was given a materialistic "spin" which could have been used by the anti-Christian powers to undermine the Christ-impulse, and this was why Aquinas appeared just at the time when the Aristotelian writings, with a subtle materialistic bias, were translated back into Latin. The materialistic re-casting of Greek thought has progressed in the Islamic world, and produced Islamic fundamentalism, where even Heaven is thought of as a very physical place with fruit trees, virgins to service the men, etc. (I guess no women go to heaven, or if they do it's only if they're lesbians? Maybe some Islamic scholar could enlighten us about the '72 virgins' verse.)

            So I wouldn't say that Islam originated anything, it passed along Greek thinking. In its heyday
        of Maimonides, Avicenna and Averroes it contributed to science, but it developed a weakness to being tempted by an Ahrimanic attitude to all things. This is why he we have the biased "science" of the present day, because the same Ahrimanically-tainted souls who lived then became Charles Darwin, et al. There have been no contributions to world thought, science or progress from the Islamic world in at least 600 years. There was a milieu within which the souls seeking to bring mankind forward could incarnate in the ninth, 10th, 11th and 12th centuries, but then things degenerated. It's of no more use now than incarnating in Greece would be to a present-day Aristotle.

            Japanese thinking became free to contribute to world progress after its one-sidedness led it into a disaster and it had to suffer defeat in war. Perhaps the reform movement that must come in Islam will have to go through something similar before it can regenerate that old religion. Both Judaism and Christianity have had their "Reformations" which were necessary for men's minds to become free from the shackles of tradition, regardless of how good the tradition was. Hinduism was reformed by its contact with the British and then the revolution and Gandhi. Only Islam has yet to have one. It appears to be dividing into a forward-moving Islam and a retrograde one heading back into the dark ages. That retrograde one is harmful for human beings in the present and so cannot stand, and all this war is about is helping it die out as quickly as possible, helping it to join fascism and communism in the Dust Bin of History.

           BTW,  as if what I said couldn't be the source of enough arguments, a Moslem friend of mine after many years of study concluded that Mohammed just borrowed stuff from Christians and Jews whose caravans came through Arabia, and slapped together his religion out of all this, just as a vehicle for his tribe to go back and capture Mecca. My Egyptian friend was very skeptical about any of the so-called 'visions' being real, just as I am about Joseph Smith and the Mormons. Of course nobody likes to call a religion flatly false, but he, after a lifetime of practicing Islam, had concluded that it was basically just a composite put together by a merchant with no real spiritual experience. Of course, since he didn't live in an enlightened Islamic country like Turkey, he felt free to express his opinion only here in America. Here we allow people to say that Jesus was a fraud and the Christians stole everything from the earlier pagan religions, although we are nominally a Christian country; I guess that's what marks a people as enlightened and tolerant, whether they can allow that. We tolerate our Salman Rushdies. Any religion that really believes it has truth, and that wants to practice what it preaches, should always be able to.
        -starman

        http://www.DrStarman.net
      • Bradford Riley
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 5, 2002
          From: DRStarman2001@...
          >Subject: Re: [anthroposophy] Re: RS on * today's * ISLAM
          >Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 12:11:06 EDT

          Bradford Riley comments;

          Okay, this flaming lecture at the Goetheanum happened well before 9/11!
          Inflaming the fears in Anthros, who I have worked with and I know many of us
          have, is like lighting a fire in a barn with a bunch of horses. The problem
          is that looking for a Sorath Initiate is like being able to face Hannibal
          Lechtar and offer him girl scout cookies. Most souls we encounter are
          massively ill informed about history, Sorath, Lucifer or Ahriman. Anthros,
          many of them, act as if it is merely the Grinch who stole Christimas.

          I for one, can't even imagine Dr. Steiner enjoying the way the Sorath e-mail
          whizzed into the flaming Islamic issues and called for literal Cross
          burnings and morbid Islamic profiling. However, I stand behind what Starman
          has just brought in regards to Islamic history. Amongst the maniacs, the
          view he expressed is far more balanced.

          I have a few stronger feeling about the Mormons but as far as Islamic Karma
          and Mormons are concerned they are in the same damn boat. Mormons can have
          their harems and so can Sheiks. As far as coming in close to the forces that
          have brought the Christ event into shattering dimensions on Earth...
          Christians, Islams and Mormons are merely a bunch of wild unruly baby's
          crying for their momma's. For Anthros not to see and discern the
          inflammatory nature of mis-delivering Steiner insights, is like having happy
          tea with the Waldorf Critcs group and PLANS. Most of us need to try a little
          discernment on this flaming issue that has little or nothing to do with
          facts, except that certain forces, because we have so failed at doing things
          right, end up as stupid wars where the motives are as stupid as the
          unconscious wisdom and impulses may actually be wise. Thanks Starman.

          Starman wrote;

          So I wouldn't say that Islam originated anything, it passed along Greek
          >thinking. In its heyday of Maimonides, Avicenna and Averroes it contributed
          >to science, but it developed a weakness to being tempted by an Ahrimanic
          >attitude to all things. This is why he we have the biased "science" of the
          >present day, because the same Ahrimanically-tainted souls who lived then
          >became Charles Darwin, et al. There have been no contributions to world
          >thought, science or progress from the Islamic world in at least 600 years.
          >There was a milieu within which the souls seeking to bring mankind forward
          >could incarnate in the ninth, 10th, 11th and 12th centuries, but then
          >things
          >degenerated. It's of no more use now than incarnating in Greece would be to
          >present-day Aristotle.

        • jackstrange11
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 5, 2002
            Starman,
            Thanks for the well thought-out reply.
            I think that Arabism's materialistic spin on Aristotle was a
            necessary part of the evolution of consciousness. This was the point
            where humans began to perceive the pure ideas of the spiritual world
            as a creation of their own thinking rather than the creations of
            higher beings acting through human consciousness. It enabled us to
            take hold of thinking and exercise our will in that complex web of
            creation, but at the same time it started us down the road away from
            recognition of spirit. So we must resist the danger, but at the same
            time incorporate the life giving elements of that way of thinking. So
            Aquinas can be seen as incorporating the Arabic sphere into Christian
            perception embracing it positively as well as giving it a well needed
            course correction.
            The Islamic thought that my mind sees is reflected in the great
            architecture of southern Spain and the mid-east which consists of
            complex webs of motives with organically integrated ornamentation.
            I believe that this stream combined with Christianity in the music of
            JS Bach, where the deepest Christian mysticism is expressed with
            complex counterpoint. Fugue, canon, and other forms of counterpoint
            are very Islamic in the numerical relations and mathematical
            exactitude and the interweaving of webs of motives. A comparison
            between plain chant and Bach's Bmin Mass indicates how the Arabic
            influence can help us attain the highest spiritual ends. I'm not
            saying that Arabs necessarily invented Baroque counterpoint, but that
            they created the thought form archetypes that the inventers
            subsequently used. This same type of thought is the basis of the
            hyper linking of information on the WWWeb which may or may not be an
            example of its negative potential.

            I agree that the Arab world passed on Greek thought, but I think we
            must emphasize the transformations of that thought and seek to
            visualize what it was. We cannot return to the Dark Ages but we must
            extract the gold that is there before discarding what is left over in
            the dust bin.

          • Br. Ron
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 6, 2002
              Brother Bradford sez:

              "...I for one, can't even imagine Dr. Steiner enjoying the way the
              Sorath
              e-mail whizzed into the flaming Islamic issues and called for literal
              Cross
              burnings and morbid Islamic profiling. However, I stand behind what
              Starman has just brought in regards to Islamic history."

              I don't think 'flaming' is so much the issue (although it is hard to discuss
              Arabism without sensing the incredible potential for volatile combusition)

              I think it has more to do with understanding the mechanics of Islam as
              it relates to it's instruction book.....the Koran.

              History does provide a bit of a framework. But even if there were no
              documented references to the "Bloody Borders of Islam," this info is written
              indelibly in the Astral Light for anyone with even partially developed
              psychic sensibilities.

              Rudolph Steiner isn't the only credible source to suggest that Islam is a
              progenitor of antichrist (the sun demon... the 'qliphoth of Tiphareth')

              As I said before, unlike the Judeo/Christian scriptural mandates,
              the Koran offers absolutely no mechanism for change.....
              no 'Once and Future King' .. no Redeemer...no sprouting seed...
              no Oversoul offering continuous upgrades by way of etheric
              embedding and quickening.

              Any monotheistic system incapable of change is like a blazing steam
              locomotive with it's wheels welded to the track Sooner or later, somethin's
              gotta give.

              I tend to agree with ol' Nostradamus about the dude with the 'blue turban.'
              It also may be that 9/11 is just the first in a series of triggers leading
              our
              global, cultural 'reactor' toward critical mass. In fact, I would bet on it.

              Br. Ron
            • Bradford Riley
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 6, 2002
                From: "Br. Ron" <rlloyd@...>
                >Subject: [anthroposophy] Re: RS on * today's * ISLAM
                >Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 02:45:59 -0700

                Brother Ron brought;

                >Any monotheistic system incapable of change is like a blazing steam
                >locomotive with it's wheels welded to the track Sooner or later, somethin's
                >gotta give.
                >
                >I tend to agree with ol' Nostradamus about the dude with the 'blue turban.'
                >It also may be that 9/11 is just the first in a series of triggers leading
                >our
                >global, cultural 'reactor' toward critical mass. In fact, I would bet on
                >it.

                Bradford responds;

                Dear, beloved Grail brother;

                This is the way the world ends
                This is the way the world ends
                This is the way the world ends
                Not with a bang but a whimper.

                Let me offer you a prayer for the Intellectual Soul. The world is not
                threatened by this type of destruction. Demons and Hollow Men need the
                shells and souls of men to inhabit. Because we are now the full blown image
                of "Hollow Men". It is not because Saddam is right and we are wrong. It is
                not because we are right and Saddam is wrong. It is because we have bred a
                form of Fundamentalism here in America and around the world that is equally
                as jaded, as rigid, and as unfree.

                Our own Fundamentalism, stifles human insight into the Christ Being. It
                allows only the trite 'Jesus' to live on, and those who do not follow the
                trite Jesus are Satanist, terrorists, weird. The profile of a Terrorist fits
                anyone who thinks and has different ideas and strong political opinions.

                Good Soul everywhere, Native American, Hindu, Eskimo, are imagined excluded
                from heaven because they have not read the Bible in this incarnation. As far
                as Heaven and lies are concerned, everything is solved because we die, all
                of this nonsense is Fundamentally choking the world. Even as false, Islam,
                not Henry Corbin Islam, but false Islam is Fundamentally choking the world.
                False Islam is another retarded force that has outlived its mission. Hebrews
                have also outlived there mission. These stand and babble today, attempting
                to think and survive in the dawning Consciousness Soul which makes all of us
                brothers and sisters and unites all religions.

                The Hollow Men and the Intellectual Soul, loves the Ahrimanic tendency
                toward Fundamentalism because here all the old world politics and all the
                old church justifications for there own history of terror, rises again. 90%
                of the world has no clue about the true nature of Christ, the vast world of
                Freedom and the Consciousness Soul and this is what is desired. Keep
                everyone bickering over simplistic, idiotic issues which require socially
                mob generated, ignorant thought forms. Nothing is truer than the idea that
                worlds of thought, fought long before wars appear.

                Either Fundamental dogmas out of Science of the West telling us all what
                vaccinations we 'must have' because the west must have a fundamentalism of
                disease, latent in the world are monster diseases and we will need to get a
                clean genetic slate, to have a safe world. Let us grasp the idiocy of the
                War on Cancer. An endless War, which leads to more and more ignorant
                infringement and investment gain in stupidity to have corporations profit
                from more lies. But as Hollow Men and Women, we prefer the lies. The
                Ahrimanic and Luciferic forces prefer a social mob thought of fear on every
                issue in order to capture and hold the shell of humans. The world is no good
                to Ahrimanic and Luciferic agendas if humans are destroyed. The inroads must
                be socially mandated and kill all freedoms with a droning, Orwellian, World
                regime of fear and socially mandated dogmas.

                Listen to the Song of the Intellectual Soul as sung by T.S. Eliot, it is
                certainly us. This is as ugly as Saddam is.

                We are the hollow men
                We are the stuffed men
                Leaning together
                Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
                Our dried voices, when
                We whisper together
                Are quiet and meaningless
                As wind in dry grass
                Or rats' feet over broken glass
                In our dry cellar

                Shape without form, shade without colour,
                Paralysed force, gesture without motion;

                Those who have crossed
                With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
                Remember us -- if at all -- not as lost
                Violent souls, but only
                As the hollow men
                The stuffed men.

                Eyes I dare not meet in dreams
                In death's dream kingdom
                These do not appear:
                There, the eyes are
                Sunlight on a broken column
                There, is a tree swinging
                And voices are
                In the wind's singing
                More distant and more solemn
                Than a fading star.

                This is the dead land
                This is cactus land
                Here the stone images
                Are raised, here they receive
                The supplication of a dead man's hand
                Under the twinkle of a fading star.

                Is it like this
                In death's other kingdom
                Waking alone
                At the hour when we are
                Trembling with tenderness
                Lips that would kiss
                Form prayers to broken stone.

                The eyes are not here
                There are no eyes here
                In this valley of dying stars
                In this hollow valley
                This broken jaw of our lost kingdoms

                In this last of meeting places
                We grope together
                And avoid speech
                Gathered on this beach of the tumid river

                Between the idea
                And the reality
                Between the motion
                And the act
                Falls the Shadow

                For Thine is the Kingdom

                Between the conception
                And the creation
                Between the emotion
                And the response
                Falls the Shadow

                Between the desire
                And the spasm
                Between the potency
                And the existence
                Between the essence
                And the descent
                Falls the Shadow
                For Thine is the Kingdom

                This is the way the world ends
                This is the way the world ends
                This is the way the world ends
                Not with a bang but a whimper.

                http://www.thedubyareport.com/chuckman3.html

                ****** "Now, almost no one on the planet likes Saddam Hussein. He is a
                grim, bloody figure; not just another strong-man. His government routinely
                threatens entire families of prominent Iraqis who spend time abroad and
                might consider not returning, a tactic borrowed from Stalin's reign of
                terror.

                Saddam has gassed thousands of his own Kurdish people and thousands, perhaps
                tens of thousands, of Iranian soldiers. But in the sphere of international
                relations, moral considerations count for little. After all, his most brutal
                acts were carried out under a long period of America's smiling favor.
                Saddam, like so many torturers and murderers from Shah Pahlevi to General
                Pinochet, was fine so long as he served the right interests.

                Despite his having fallen into disfavor, the hard fact is he remains a
                serious threat to no one but his own people.

                The noises we hear about invasion provide a measure of Mr. Bush's ineptness
                at his job. His Secretary of Defense argues publicly with newspapers about
                what is fit to print.

                But on a less superficial level, there is simply no reason to attack Iraq.
                There is not a jot of evidence that Iraq is associated with al Qaeda.
                Promoting nonsense like an Axis of Evil might carry weight with America's
                superstitious, lunatic fringe, particularly its large Texas chapter, but it
                is ridiculed by all the world's hard-nosed statesmen and pragmatic
                observers. It's not as though the U.S. has ignored Saddam since Bush p�re
                kissed the White House good-bye. The CIA spent huge amounts of money trying
                to foster opposition forces in Iraq, only to see Saddam's troops roll up
                their efforts, adding another statistic to the CIA's long record of
                poorly-conceived projects.

                The CIA's propensity for these kinds of projects, what we might call its
                Bay-of-Pigs Syndrome, results from the unthinking demands America's
                political leaders so often make of it. Almost the entire record of America's
                post-war interventions reflects bitter domestic politics and ideology rather
                than genuine threats to genuine American interests. Here is prima facie
                evidence, if any were needed, of chronic, poor national leadership resulting
                from an antiquated, money-corrupted political system.

                The U.S. has been bombing Iraq regularly at low intensity for a decade,
                using the rationale of enforcing its "no-fly zones." These zones were
                conceived at least in part to humiliate Saddam and encourage his overthrow.
                A powerful blockade - embargo is the nice word - of Iraq has also been in
                place for all those years (something which unquestionably contributed to the
                deaths of tens of thousands of Iraqi children despite the tiresome
                apologists at the State Department).

                The fact that Saddam remains firmly in power after years of effort tells us
                something about his grip on Iraqi society. There is no opposition worthy of
                the name. The "progressive" press in the U.S. has carried dump-truck loads
                of articles about Bush and Iraq. The most recent convoy of them has Bush
                using war in Iraq to cover a sour economy before either upcoming
                Congressional elections or his own effort at reelection.

                But despite the stock market's performance, the American economy is not all
                that sour. It is actually in reasonably healthy condition by a number of
                measures. But for some people now, only historically-ridiculous levels of
                stock-market performance over the last decade are judged as healthy. This
                kind of expectation is simply a new twist on "I want it all, and I want it
                now!" A very popular sentiment in America.

                Things are "going down the toilet" when yuppie 401Ks are doing badly. Upper
                middle-class America is angry and is stomping its expensively-tennis-shoed
                foot about what counts: its portfolio.

                It is a simple fact that markets do not like uncertainty. Part of what has
                happened to stocks reflects Mr. Bush's own actions and policies. He is
                correctly perceived as inept, although few Americans will say so publicly in
                a situation reckoned as a state of quasi-war. From the limited perspective
                of the stock market, Bush's offset to ineptness has been a willingness to
                let business do pretty much as it wishes. While stocks climbed and balance
                sheets seemed honest, a lot of people thought that was fine policy.

                Generally overlooked, too, is the simple fact that stock markets do not like
                wars and rumors of wars. And Bush is "staying the course," like a mule in
                the only rut of a path it knows, concerning his poorly-defined war on
                terror, involving any number of countries and an indefinite future.

                Leaders abroad are almost unanimous in rejecting Mr. Bush's grade-school
                ideas for dealing with Iraq. Since a few other countries - Japan, Saudi
                Arabia, and Germany - paid much of the bill for Desert Storm, it means that
                this time the U.S. is going to pay its own bills in a far more demanding
                conflict. This is not something stock markets like. "

                Bradford

              • Br. Ron
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 6, 2002
                  Folks, please forgive the somewhat personal nature of this post.
                  I have been wanting to write to Bradford privately for a while
                  but since he approached the topic on this list, I feel it is only
                  right to reply in kind. You may feel more comfortable simply
                  deleting this rather than having to wade through the somewhat
                  cloistered subject matter.

                  BR

                  Sir Bradford...
                  Let me start by telling you how much I appreciate your gift.
                  You have an overview of synchronicities and harmonics that
                  could only be attributed to one with Vision...(note the capital 'V')

                  Furthermore, I find little to disagree with in your colorful writings.
                  In principle, I don't wholly disagree with your position in this
                  post in regards to the geo-political situation of America and it's
                  approach to her perceived enemies.

                  Yet, there are points in which we don't quite see eye to eye...
                  (nor is it even necessary that we do, except that it is natural
                  to seek to be understood as well as to understand)

                  First, I am not a fundamentalist. (Fundamentalists are those who
                  point the crooked finger of accusation at weirdoes like myself who
                  walk into a Seven-Eleven wearing a wizard costume, on our way to
                  perform at the Renaissance Faire.

                  But two years ago, I had a major metanoia concerning this.
                  It was so major...and so subjective, that I can't even discuss it
                  without diluting it's meaning.

                  It was so upturning that my muse, Ariel, left me for a whole year
                  because of the volcanic recognition of my overplus of Ideality in
                  relation to Reality. I was paralyzed musically, and for one who
                  has fed his family for 40 years with the fruits of melody, you can
                  imagine how upsetting this was...not only for me but for my whole
                  tribe. Zanoni was fully eclipsed by Mejnour..... and as one who
                  perpetually inhabited the flowered heights of La La Land, I hated it.

                  I have since recognized the fine line between being a 'fundamentalist'
                  and acknowledging the periodic necessity of returning to the
                  'fundamentals' of something. I generally dislike 'progressive jazz'
                  because it often departs too severely from the fundamental
                  heart of the melody.

                  In my view, this same pathology often extends to Anthroposophists
                  in relation to the Heart of the Christ Being and the beginning of the
                  concert as it was written 2000 years ago,  at the Hub of Time..and timing.

                  Christianity as a melody has an infinitely simple (as well as an infinitely
                  complex) structure. Right now I am in the mode of gleaning the Original
                  Melody as interpreted by some of the more traditional avenues like
                  Catholicism, Tomberg, Orthodoxy, etc. (I've always done everything
                  backward....Similarly, I have played 'by ear' my whole life...and am
                  only now getting around to learning to read music :-)

                  As a 'New Ager,' I took pride in my ability to play all the different
                  'concerts of philosophy' at the same time but eventually found I was
                  becoming so "spiritually well rounded" that I wasn't really going anywhere.
                  I have since learned (for me) the value of sticking with Vivaldi on Monday
                  night and saving Bach until Tuesday.

                  Now to politics.

                  George Bush is not as stupid as I originally thought. In spite of his
                  inarticulation ('nukular' instead of nuclear, et al) he seems to have a handle
                  on the fundaments of the American Spirit. Yes, he is too prone to back
                  entrepreneur and corporate culture at the expense of the weak, the poor
                  the homeless, etc but this is the urgency of the zeitgeist, methinks. The
                  pendulum will swing back...it always does

                  What Bush DOES have, perhaps unconsciously, is a knowledge of
                  'as above, so below.'  "Patriotism," it is said, "is the last refuge of a
                  scoundrel."
                  Perhaps...but leftists who protesteth too much don't yet realize that
                  a cell which too often condemns the very body that gives it succor,
                  eventually becomes subject to the very 'bacteria cops' which will
                  expel it from the whole body.

                  The fact is, that any freedom that exists in the West today is the result
                  of those who lovingly sacrificed themselves on the Plains of Pelinore.

                  No, this isn't the Ideal...but it is the reality of the situation.

                  I am not saying to attack Iraq...but what I AM saying is that we
                  must be realistic in our approach to Evil. We can simply be
                  'Gary Goodguy' and trust that as the Etheric Christ descends all
                  these things will work themselves out...and ultimately this is true.

                  But I wholeheartedly believe that in order to be able to align our
                  molecules to the descending Oversoul of Redemption, we must
                  understand what the essence of Christianity is.

                  In my mind and heart, I see it as quite simply the pursuit of
                  Cosmic Beauty.
                  Yet what makes the melody beautiful is the resolution
                  of the discordant notes into the 'ah ha' of the harmonious.
                  We nevertheless need the discordants. Without them
                  the melody would be all tonics and hence too sweet.

                  The roses likewise can't bloom unless they are subjected to the
                  pruning shears of the master gardener.....nor can we humans don
                  our Wedding Garments until we have descended into the hell of
                  the crucifixion to liberate the sparks entrapped there.

                  This is what has made America so great. She has put her
                  money where her mouth is and courageously entered the fray
                  against those Orcs and tyrannical forces which have threatened
                  the freedoms of the innocents.

                  The only times we have failed at this is when we had fissures
                  in our collective will and didn't deal with the problem 100% ...
                  Like we didn't in Somalia...like we didn't in Vietnam.
                  If we were truly the UNITED States....not divided... but 100% into
                  the deterrence of tyranny, there would be no need for war in the
                  first place.

                  "Be ye hot or be ye cold..."

                  When will we have the courage to recognize our destiny as the
                  leader of the world's impulse toward Freedom?
                  Bravely seizing the scepter of power in order to lead in this is not
                  the same as a mere bullying arrogance.

                  War is the result of our own fragmented intent, pictured outwardly
                  upon the screen of Creation.

                  I'm sure I won't be changing your mind here Bradford, but I did feel the
                  need to at least attempt a deeper understanding of my non-fundamentalist
                  position.

                  By the way, I just saw a Kurdish diplomat on TV relating the continuous
                  torture and subjugation from the hands of Saddam. This is no more
                  acceptable than the Taliban's torture of women, Milosevic's torturous barbarism
                  against the Bosnians nor Hitler's massacres of the many millions upon his black
                  altar.

                  We must fearlessly approach Mt. Doom and face these shells which
                  seek to undermine The Love of the Christos.....and not bend to the sinister
                  temptation of mere appeasement.

                  This is my view...and I understand that honest men and women can disagree
                  about these things. I also understand that only history will tell if we were right
                  in our collective geo-political actions.

                  But whether it be for war or for peace...I pray that we act as One Will in
                  our movement. Only this can assure the victory of either path.

                  As of now, it looks as if our congress and allies are coalescing behind
                  taking out Saddam. If this could be done without war, all the better....
                  but be done it must. Saddamy cannot be tolerated

                  Thanks for reading this, my creative friend.

                  Br. Ron

                • elaineupton2001
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 7, 2002
                    Hello Marc (new to me), and all on this thread,

                    You ask questions about Ibrahim Abouleish and what he might or might
                    not say (or have said) in a talk at the Goetheanum about Islam and
                    Christianity, Mohammed and Christ. I have no direct answer to your
                    question, and neither can I comment directly on the controversial
                    Pietro Archiati's role in reporting this.--I can only say that it is
                    best to go to the source. Ibrahim Abouleish is, as far as I know (and
                    I know from a close friend, which is still second-hand knowing)
                    highly regarded in places in Egypt. His work at Sekem has been highly
                    praised and I have seen some of the results, when I lived in Africa
                    (biodynamic work, etc. in a large community). But check out Sekem
                    (Egypt's) website, and research more for yourself on Abouleish. I
                    know that he and another anthroposophic friend of mine are
                    translating the Koran...and I also read the statement from Sekem,
                    after 9/11, a statement of peace and good wishes to the U.S.

                    More at present I cannot say, but I do suggest you go to the source--
                    the Vorstand and Abouleish, not Archiat, even though he may be
                    correct.

                    Blessings,
                    elaine

                    --- In anthroposophy@y..., brocartmarc@a... wrote:
                    > Hello you all,
                    >
                    > I have read some days ago a leaflet issued seemingly by Pietro
                    Archiati,
                    > quoting the same lecture in connection with Dr Ibrahim Abuleish
                    being invited
                    > by the Vorstand to speak before the Goetheanum's audience in 1995
                    and 2001 at
                    > the "Religions of the world" session.
                    > In his book "Islam und Anthroposophie " issued at the Verlag am
                    Goetheanum
                    > under the supervision of Virginia Sease, Dr Ibrahim Abuleish tries
                    to tie
                    > those two streams together . For him , Jesus was the bearer of the
                    Christ
                    > impulse and could then be called Jesus Christ, and Muhammad 700
                    years later
                    > as the new bearer of the Christ impulse could then be called
                    Muhammad
                    > Christ.
                    > Abouleish's wiew implies the Second Coming of Christ was
                    Muhammad , and the
                    > goals of christianism to be fulfilled by islam.(!)
                    > Archiati states that if Abuleish is free to express what he
                    thinks , the
                    > Vorstand should not give audience to such an antinomy of
                    Anthroposophy and