Re: Jachin & Boaz- Fourth Seal

  • Angus J. MacLeod
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2002
      Dear Friends-

      Albrecht Durer's woodcuts of the seven seals were published in 1498.
      The first modern appearence of these seals was in Eliphas
      Levi's "Rituel De La Haute Magie", 1860. Steiner's versions are
      almost exactly the same as Levi's. This book was compiled with "Dogme
      De La Haute Magie" 1855 and translated into English
      as "Transcendental Magic Its Doctrine and Ritual".

      Also, another source indicates that Boaz was the tenth and last son
      of Cain. His name means 'Son of Slaying' for he was responsible for
      his father's death.

      Hoping this helps shed more light on this Mystery...

      -A

      --- In anthroposophy@y..., "888" <fireofthe12@y...> wrote:
      > Boaz was the great-grandfather of King David - his name
      > meaning "strength, or it is in strength". Jachin was the high
      priest
      > who assisted the dedication of Solomon's Temple - his name
      meaning "
      > to establish" and united "stability".
      >
      > "He cast two bronze pillars... he made pomegranates in two rows
      > encircling each network to decorate the capitals on top of the
      > pillars. The pillar to the south he named Jakin [Jachin] and the
      one
      > to the north Boaz. The capitals on top were in the shape of
      lilies." -
      > 1 Kings 7:15,18,21,22.
      >
      > The head Mason, Hiram Abif, made the brass pillars.
      > In Qabalah, Jachin and Boaz are the names of the pillars of Mercy
      (J)
      > and Severity(B). They appear in the Tarot deck on the High
      Priestess
      > card.
      >
      > Here is Dr. Steiner's J & B Occult seal:
      > http://www.waldorfcritics.org/active/artgallery/P33-Stuttgart.html
      >
      > "The Two Pillars. In these pillars is indicated the mystery of the
      > part played in human evolution by red oxygenated blood and blue, or
      > carbonated blood."
      >
      > Here they are again:
      > http://www.waldorfcritics.org/active/artgallery/P21-Stuttgart.html
      >
      > The two pillars represent the Tree of Life (oxygen- Hauschka calls
      > biogen) and the Tree of Knowledge (carbon).
      >
      > "In the fourth seal we see the Pillars, one of them planted on the
      > sea, the other on dry land. These Pillars indicate the secret of
      the
      > part played in human evolution by the red blood, rich in oxygen,
      and
      > the blue of bluish red, rich in carbonic acid. The evolution of the
      > of man during the Earth epoch finds physical expression in the
      > interaction between the red blood, without which there could be no
      > Life, and the blue, without which there could be no Knowledge. Blue
      > blood is the physical expression of those forces which give us
      > Knowledge- forces which, however, taken by themselves and in their
      > human form, are very nearly akin to Death. Red blood is the
      physical
      > expression of Life- which however in its human form and by itself,
      > could never give us conscious Knowledge. Together and in their
      mutual
      > interaction they represent the Tree of Knowledge and the Tree of
      Life
      > or the two pillars on the foundation of which the life and
      cognition
      > of the I can grow and develop to that degree of maturity where at
      > long last man will be fully united with the universal forces of the
      > Earth.
      >
      > "The Initiate foresees a future condition of mankind in which the
      > Tree of Knowledge and the Tree of Life .... will be intertwined and
      > united within man himself. At the present stage the aspirant to
      > spiritual development should inscribe the message of the two
      pillars
      > in his heart. Separated though they still are, they summon us to
      > transcend the present state of mankind and to direct our footsteps
      > the place where through our widened consciousness the two will be
      > interwoven - a secret that is indicated in the J-B. The verses
      > inscribed on either pillar will bring home to us their meaning.
      Those
      > on the first pillar relate to Knowledge, those on the second to
      Life