Re: [anthroposophy] Soul Calendar feedback

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2002
      In a message dated 9/22/2002 3:19:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, eurythmy@... writes:

      Dear friends,
      It is now half a year that many of you receive either or both Calendar of the Soul series. Very few went away and a steady few come in as time goes by. People are from all continents and many countries. Each are also sent to a different yahoo group.
      Could it be possible to have some feedback?

      *******I was thinking that people might not be able to make head nor tail of them, but perhaps could if we had a bit of discussion about the new approach to sound and color through eurythmy. I know that intellectual concepts can't grasp eurythmy, as opposed to the forces through which we move our bodies, but in this medium they're all we have, unfortunately. Perhaps we could talk about chanting and the use of mantras and how there is movement within any mantra (as there is in any poem, for that matter), and say some things that could help people to experience the movement within the eurythmy forms. I think most people here have no experience of mantra use or even of meditating, so it would take a bit of preparing the ground for them to relate to the forms and color indications. Someone recently asked to have more discussion of the calendar mantras on the Steiner list, for instance.
      -starman