Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Where is Ahriman In The World Today?

  • DRStarman2001@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 23, 2002
      In a message dated 9/23/2002 1:30:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, elaineupton@... writes:

      Clearly Steiner has stated that liberty is of  the cultural sphere, equality of the political sphere, and brother/sister hood of the economic sphere.

      *******But just as clearly the two poles in the threefold model have a relationship to each other, the understanding of which is one part of going beyond linear thinking. So the head and the will organism can be thought of as the cultural and the economic spheres, but the cultural life of art is anything but only the head, and involves the will,  for instance. To say Liberty is the cultural sphere doesn't mean there must be no brotherhood there, and vice versa.

      The issue of whether resources are limited? Evert, like Stephen, I
      note that you end your post with:
      > But surely sharing is only the appropriate action for the economic
      > sphere if one believes that there is a limited amount of 'stuff'
      > available to everyone. But, this is just a mindset, and a very
      limiting and depressing mindset at that.

      > Rather, we should all keep in mind that there can be abundance - I
      like Stephen's sentence about this and the forces of levity (please tell
      me more). There can be sufficient food in the world - if people would
      grow enough. It's about creating more, not sharing more.

      Interesting point about "creating" more. I'd love to discuss more of
      what that might mean. Does it mean using GMO's (genetically modified
      organisms).. ?

      *******Does anyone believe that we're not going to control the life forms of nature genetically, now that we have learned of the world of the genes? I think there's only a question of how were going to do it, not whether we will.
      -starman