Am I...Really?

  • Br. Ron
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
      (Bruce disscutheth with Joksu:)

      >"L. Ron Hubbard thought you could boil all human drives down to the
      >drive to survive..... I have always been uncomfortable with this
      philosophy-
      >what do you think?"

      (Br. Ron gingerly interupteth:)

      I have always felt that this was true as far as it went...
      But deeper than the unconscious 'drive to survive' (as given
      us by Nature) is the spiritual drive to justify one's own existence.

      In other words, right or wrong, we humans seem to be
      incapable of accepting our own self-evident Being without first
      finding 'a good reason' to Be.

      Sad but true.......
      So what's a Br. to do?

      Jesus suggested that Love (invoking Beauty from "The Other")
      is the singular justification and function of the awakened.

      It is here where Spirit trumps Nature to draw Lazarus forth
      from the tomb of Self-Doubt.

      Listen, dammit....

      I am an 'I AM.'
      I am not an 'I AM NOT.'

      When with selfless care, this becomes self-evident, oh Sacred Self of mine,
      Only then you may relax in Perfect Peace Sublime,
      .....being well within a world.... where everything is fine.
      with your little piece of Bread and your little cup of Wine.

      BR
    • LilOleMiss
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002

        (Bruce disscutheth with Joksu:)

            >"L. Ron Hubbard thought you could boil all human drives down to the
            >drive to survive..... I have always been uncomfortable with this
        philosophy-
            >what do you think?"

        (Br. Ron gingerly interupteth:)

        I have always felt that this was true as far as it went...
        But deeper than the unconscious 'drive to survive' (as given
        us by Nature) is the spiritual drive to justify one's own existence.

        In other words, right or wrong, we humans seem to be
        incapable of accepting our own self-evident Being without first
        finding 'a good reason' to Be.

        Sad but true.......
        So what's a Br. to do?

        Jesus suggested that Love (invoking Beauty from "The Other")
        is the singular justification and function of the awakened.

        It is here where Spirit trumps Nature to draw Lazarus forth
        from the tomb of Self-Doubt.

        Listen, dammit....

        I am an 'I AM.'
        I am not an 'I AM NOT.'
        {LilOleMiss tiptoes nervously upon the scene hoping not to be noticed, her cloak deflecting barbs, while hesitantly tapping Br. Ron upon his shoulder. "Pssssst! Br. Ron - thou art indeed an 'I AM.' I am also an 'I AM' who's light shall soon be dimmed..." as she fades silently away.)

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
          (Br)
          Jesus suggested that Love (invoking Beauty from "The Other")
          is the singular justification and function of the awakened.

          It is here where Spirit trumps Nature to draw Lazarus forth
          from the tomb of Self-Doubt.

          Listen, dammit....

          I am an 'I AM.'
          I am not an 'I AM NOT.'
          {LilOleMiss tiptoes nervously upon the scene hoping not to be noticed, her cloak deflecting barbs, while hesitantly tapping Br. Ron upon his shoulder. "Pssssst! Br. Ron - thou art indeed an 'I AM.' I am also an 'I AM' who's light shall soon be dimmed..." as she fades silently away.)

          Nervously?...Barbs?...what barbs?, Lil ol Miss?
          The worst I am capable of is, perhaps, a well placed
          Boston Cream pie.... in my own kisser, Soupy Sales, style. :-)

          (Ro ro...)

          BR

          BR

        • LilOleMiss
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002

            (Br)
            Jesus suggested that Love (invoking Beauty from "The Other")
            is the singular justification and function of the awakened.

            It is here where Spirit trumps Nature to draw Lazarus forth
            from the tomb of Self-Doubt.

            Listen, dammit....

            I am an 'I AM.'
            I am not an 'I AM NOT.'
            {LilOleMiss tiptoes nervously upon the scene hoping not to be noticed, her cloak deflecting barbs, while hesitantly tapping Br. Ron upon his shoulder. "Pssssst! Br. Ron - thou art indeed an 'I AM.' I am also an 'I AM' who's light shall soon be dimmed..." as she fades silently away.)

            Nervously?...Barbs?...what barbs?, Lil ol Miss?
            The worst I am capable of is, perhaps, a well placed
            Boston Cream pie.... in my own kisser, Soupy Sales, style. :-)

            (Ro ro...)

            [Ah, Br. Ron, gentle soul, thou hast the astral light of love surrounding thy crown! T'is not thy harm to fear, but would'st that I seek succor amidst the Christ's Light I seek. As thy art indeed an 'I am,' soeth am I as well.]

            LOM

            BR

            BR